THE BROWNS BOARD

No 5th year for Trubisky

LondonBrown

No surprises here. Nice play by Chicago trading up for him... 

• Haha 1

Ah yes..The PhiIly draft..I was there! 🍺 And still remember the rumblings at the breakfast diner, that the Browns may pass on Myles Garrett to take the local Ohio kid that played QB at UNC.. I was going to haunt Hoorta & Gipper & Schoolie for weeks if this happened;).. I kept posting..You don't want what I see👀.. I let out the loudest WooF!! when Myles Garrett was read off the card :D Check out the haul of players that teams received by Bears just moving up from #3 Bears to #2 49ers for Bears to draft Mitch:blush:ell T.. 

#2 Bears select QB UNC--Mitch Trubisky

49'ers=== Soloman Thomas//S-Tedric Thompson//WR-Dante Pettis//S/PR-DJ Reed//LB-Reuben Foster & Fred Warner (S Tedric Thompson replaced Earl Thomas & now a Seahawk. R. Foster is now out also..but more picks for Lynch)

Saints-- RB--Alvin Kamara (9'ers traded the 2018 3rd, drafted Fred Warner later & gained more draft ammo )

The 9'ers received a 2017 3rd & 4th..And a 2018 3rd round pick at Philly draft.. But added deals with the picks from Saints & Redskins & Hawks that made the 9'ers and John Lynch a very happy GM...

9 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Garrett being the only 2017 top 5 pick being 5th year tendered 

Just read that...

image.png.770abbbfa1e4064807cef4f54a208f61.png

12 hours ago, nickers said:

He's bustola...He can go back to Mentor and get a job at Wal-mart..

Pretty sure that won't be necessary...

image.png.62daa9b9c9ba068eb2ca4cec195a7597.png

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Just read that...

image.png.770abbbfa1e4064807cef4f54a208f61.png

Pretty sure that won't be necessary...

image.png.62daa9b9c9ba068eb2ca4cec195a7597.png

Weather or not its necessary... He'll need something to do beside wipe his tears :)

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Maybe drafting a QB #2 overall with what... 15 college starts... isn't a sound idea. 

A gamble that could have gone either way. Helps to have talent around him.

12 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

A gamble that could have gone either way. Helps to have talent around him.

Sure... but the list of QBs taken that high, with that little college experience, who are forced to start from the get-go is most likely a short one.

For good reason. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

But I didn’t care for Mahomes either 

I did not think much about Mahomes either until my nephew took me to see him beat the Broncos at Mile High in 2018. After that winning a Superbowl was not a real surprise. I still remember this one pass that was like a rocket going past the receiver and defender, hit the ground and continued on another 30 yards past the original 30-40 yds. Never seen an arm like that before. And even though that is thinner air, it was still damned impressive.

...just to be clear, Mitch is STILL a Bear and will compete for the starting job this season (should there BE a season).  IMO Nick Foles isn't exactly a QB savior.  All this really means is that he'd probably be a FA next year.

On 5/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Death, taxes and the Bears are unable to find a franchise QB... the three constants of life. 

I mean, when your best QB since WWII is Jim McMahon, you gots problems. 

And I'd like to disagree but I can't. They've had the worst run on QBs since.....