THE BROWNS BOARD

Informal poll

On 5/3/2020 at 11:25 PM, calfoxwc said:

TDS = Hoorta is mad Pres Trump won the election, and WANTS illegals coming here and committing crimes, because Pres Trump makes mistakes like...

um... the wall is racist, and Cal and half of America voted for him.

Truth is, Pres Trump will win bigger next time. Go read up on Strzok, brannan, clapper mueller rice holder your higgardly...it's al long list. Do that, and then get back to us about Pres Trump making really dumb tweets at times.

Bunch of whining crap, says I.

The left nearly owned America completely. Now, we're finding out just how corrupt and dangerous the deep state is.

and, Hoorta's chine commie sombeitchland.

The other 1\2 of America by a slight majority liked Horrible Hillary better Cal- deal with it. Man- more people got killed by Mexican illegals than Corona. Kidding. those are isolated instances of bad apples, but you just want to harp on the exceptions rather than the rule. 

Trump will win bigger according to Fox. Got it. Go bash CNN and the other fake news outlets that are trying to be 1\2 objective. Now I'm finding out to what extent the MAGAs will go to any lengths to believe President Lysol, the virus will just go away- isn't approaching Biden senile status.  

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No.

We already know Trump is wrong. We just hope not too many Americans have to pay for his vain attempt to salvage his reelection chances.

With 77k officially dead (with the real number higher) I hope the number holds to no higher than the 125k the model now predicts. That will be bad enough.

Certainly worse than Trump's "60, could be 50" of two weeks ago... or his "60, could be 70 or 75" of a week ago... or his Lincoln Memorial "80, 90, could be 100."

But yes, I am already blaming Trump for the mounting Butcher's Bill.

At what number will you start holding him to account?

To paraphrase the song, "Ain't no number (mountain) high enough, to keep me from gettin' reelected babe."  I said 100k by May 22nd- I'll take the under.   :(  

Damn, already said- Summa Cum Laude paranoia from the MAGAs- it's the Deep State, or a nasty CDC conspiracy that doesn't like Trump inflating the body count. As some opined already, the security guard who got shot regarding masks should be counted as one...

30 minutes ago, hoorta said:

To paraphrase the song, "Ain't no number (mountain) high enough, to keep me from gettin' reelected babe."  I said 100k by May 22nd- I'll take the under.   :(  

Damn, already said- Summa Cum Laude paranoia from the MAGAs- it's the Deep State, or a nasty CDC conspiracy that doesn't like Trump inflating the body count. As some opined already, the security guard who got shot regarding masks should be counted as one...

I would say that the paranoia comes from those who quake at the sight of those super brilliant scientists who worked so hard on the computer models that turned out to be, let's say What's the Word...? Oh yes I remember... Wrong. Maybe you guys should take a look at your hero Governor Cuomo who's been wrong I just about every panic-stricken prediction of millions of dead now that he's sitting on a mountain of unused respirators and empty hospital beds. Come on guys. This shit doesn't all have to be based on your political party does it? 

And don't tell me that some people aren't secretly hoping for a massive increase in deaths so they can smugly point fingers and say I told you so. And I think these people are going to be disappointed if Armageddon doesn't happen.

WSS

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I would say that the paranoia comes from those who quake at the sight of those super brilliant scientists who worked so hard on the computer models that turned out to be, let's say What's the Word...? Oh yes I remember... Wrong. Maybe you guys should take a look at your hero Governor Cuomo who's been wrong I just about every panic-stricken prediction of millions of dead now that he's sitting on a mountain of unused respirators and empty hospital beds. Come on guys. This shit doesn't all have to be based on your political party does it? 

And don't tell me that some people aren't secretly hoping for a massive increase in deaths so they can smugly point fingers and say I told you so. And I think these people are going to be disappointed if Armageddon doesn't happen.

WSS

Hey, a certain governor  panicked.  Correct. People were dropping like flies in NYC. Political? Likely.  Not a fan of Super Mario either FWIW. I'm certainly not  hoping  for a lot more deaths Steve. I've said a bunch of  times here I'm a realist. Just sayin' take the current 1,700 deaths per day multiply by X, add to 77,000 and give me a day when we hit 100k. I don't care if it's  Bernie Sanders in the White House instead, doesn't  change the  math. 

And if those scientific computer models are wrong?  The only computer model that's  been way off so far is the one existing in Trump's head. As was said, a stopped clock is right twice a day and if it stops  at 100k, take a bow Donald, your gut feeling bought  you another four years of rent free life in the White House. 

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Hey, a certain governor  panicked.  Correct. People were dropping like flies in NYC.

no shit. While we scream over and over Trump called it a hoax we remember that this guy and DeBlasio said hey if you want to go on a cruise to go on a cruise go about your business. And they aren't dropping like flies in Florida. Two different Governors two different approaches. I just don't get the sainthood for Cuomo.

Political? Likely.  Not a fan of Super Mario either FWIW. I'm certainly not  hoping  for a lot more deaths Steve.

Of course you aren't one of the guys I'm talking about.

I've said a bunch of  times here I'm a realist. Just sayin' take the current 1,700 deaths per day multiply by X, add to 77,000 and give me a day when we hit 100k. I don't care if it's  Bernie Sanders in the White House instead, doesn't  change the  math. 

it doesn't change anything. And yet?

And if those scientific computer models are wrong?  The only computer model that's  been way off so far is the one existing in Trump's head. As was said, a stopped clock is right twice a day and if it stops  at 100k, take a bow Donald, your gut feeling bought  you another four years of rent free life in the White House. 

he's Trent Dilfer. Probably had as little to do with the Ravens Super Bowl win as just about anybody in the building. But the obsession rages on.

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Come on guys. This shit doesn't all have to be based on your political party does it? 

Scary thing is that you don't see this applying to you... do you?

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course you aren't one of the guys I'm talking about.

Why would anyone think you were talking to the guy whose quote appears immediately above your reply?

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I would say that the paranoia comes from those who quake at the sight of those super brilliant scientists who worked so hard on the computer models that turned out to be, let's say What's the Word...? Oh yes I remember... Wrong. Maybe you guys should take a look at your hero Governor Cuomo who's been wrong I just about every panic-stricken prediction of millions of dead now that he's sitting on a mountain of unused respirators and empty hospital beds.

Or... and hear me out... the models ended up being wrong because Governors actually listened to "those super brilliant scientists" and shut everyone in rather than listening to your  dithering idiot in DC.

Every million+ death projection was based upon a model assuming no mitigation. What have you been bitching about? That's right... mitigation.

Cuomo? He made mistakes, but not in his calls for beds or PPE or ventilators. His delays in shutting in NY in general, and NYC in particular, gave birth to a case curve that would have required everything he asked for. What he could not know was the power of the mitigation that was put into place. It made your gloating possible. But what you apparently don't know is that added beds were used and ventilators were rigged for sharing at the height of the crisis in NY.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Is that what you think? Then it would seem I should be in support of Mike Dewine right?

Actually since Dewine is a Republican he's not in your party either.

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Actually since Dewine is a Republican he's not in your party either.

I guess you'll have to expound on that little bit. 

No I didn't want him I wanted to Jim renacci. But still...

And I've been on the same angle from this pandemic from the get. Regardless of the politician.

WSS

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Or... and hear me out... the models ended up being wrong because Governors actually listened to "those super brilliant scientists" and shut everyone in rather than listening to your  dithering idiot in DC.

Every million+ death projection was based upon a model assuming no mitigation. What have you been bitching about? That's right... mitigation.

the reason I don't buy that is it I've seen how well people follow their orders firsthand. I'm out in the stores two or three times a week I never seen more than 1/3 wearing masks and that's on a good day. I don't see any actual social distancing oh, I do see people making moves toward it but they're still touching and fingering every product in the store just like everybody else. But no doubt that's what the people who make the arbitrary rules are going to say. I could just as easily say that I've been praying very hard that the numbers wouldn't come out as high as the computer models said they would. And you couldn't prove me wrong either right? 

Cuomo? He made mistakes, but not in his calls for beds or PPE or ventilators. His delays in shutting in NY in general, and NYC in particular, gave birth to a case curve that would have required everything he asked for. What he could not know was the power of the mitigation that was put into place. It made your gloating possible. But what you apparently don't know is that added beds were used and ventilators were rigged for sharing at the height of the crisis in NY.

My "party" comment was a reference to you being a Trumpican... a party to which Dewine does not belong.

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And you couldn't prove me wrong either right? 

No more than you could prove causality.

But you are not entitled to use "either" in your sentence since your belief is not proof that my stance is wrong. And save yourself some time... you can't prove me wrong here as my position is axiomatic. A model that assumes no mitigation in its predictions will be invalidated by mitigation... except if the death count was actually higher than predicted and that did not happen here.

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

the reason I don't buy that is it I've seen how well people follow their orders firsthand. I'm out in the stores two or three times a week I never seen more than 1/3 wearing masks and that's on a good day. I don't see any actual social distancing oh, I do see people making moves toward it but they're still touching and fingering every product in the store just like everybody else. But no doubt that's what the people who make the arbitrary rules are going to say.

First... WTF? 2 or 3 times a week? No refrigerator? I'm down to once every other week. That plus a couple carryouts a week to support our local favs gets us by nicely.

Are the numbers you see shopping about the same as pre-shut-in?

Here's the thing, Steve, grocery shopping is but one activity... the one specifically allowed under typical shut-in orders. Activity levels have been severely curtailed. There's no disputing that. And the activities that are ongoing have been changed. Hell, even the shut-in protests show about half the participants "distancing"... although one this AM in Washington state was maybe as low as 20%.

Masks? A lot of folks don't have them for starters. Personally I think cloth masks should be both provided and mandatory.

40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My "party" comment was a reference to you being a Trumpican... a party to which Dewine does not belong.

only crazy people think you have to be a trump fan or Tropicana or whatever you call me because I don't have a blind drooling hate for the guy. He wasn't my candidate in the primary. If it was up to me Newt Gingrich would be president.

No more than you could prove causality.

But you are not entitled to use "either" in your sentence since your belief is not proof that my stance is wrong. And save yourself some time... you can't prove me wrong here as my position is axiomatic. A model that assumes no mitigation in its predictions will be invalidated by mitigation... except if the death count was actually higher than predicted and that did not happen here.

First... WTF? 2 or 3 times a week? No refrigerator? I'm down to once every other week. That plus a couple carryouts a week to support our local favs gets us by nicely.

at least. Supermarket Walmart hardware store Garden Center Lowe's or Home Depot post office

Are the numbers you see shopping about the same as pre-shut-in?

I can't really tell I didn't pay much attention before. But they're reasonably crowded now, people are just getting sick of sitting around the house.

Here's the thing, Steve, grocery shopping is but one activity... the one specifically allowed under typical shut-in orders. Activity levels have been severely curtailed. There's no disputing that. And the activities that are ongoing have been changed. Hell, even the shut-in protests show about half the participants "distancing"... although one this AM in Washington state was maybe as low as 20%.

oh well. I see big differences between states that have taken less severe measures or more severe measures. And I repeat the cold and flu season usually ends at this time every year. If I had the same level of fear as you and Cal and if I was in charge of anything I might require more vulnerable people to take different measures.

Masks? A lot of folks don't have them for starters. Personally I think cloth masks should be both provided and mandatory.

but that's not the case now and it hasn't been the case for the last five or six weeks. Of course I think politics plays a part but even more it seems to me that people you don't mind sitting at home all day are less bothered by it. 

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

oh well. I see big differences between states that have taken less severe measures or more severe measures. And I repeat the cold and flu season usually ends at this time every year. If I had the same level of fear as you and Cal and if I was in charge of anything I might require more vulnerable people to take different measures.

btw, it's not that I'm terrified, it's that my Wife had heart surgery a year/2 years now? ago, and I would do anything to protect her from it. So, I'm just humorously very careful to a fault. Discretion is the better part of valor. I can be pretty brave when I'm careful. lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

btw, it's not that I'm terrified, it's that my Wife had heart surgery a year/2 years now? ago, and I would do anything to protect her from it. So, I'm just humorously very careful to a fault. Discretion is the better part of valor. I can be pretty brave when I'm careful. lol

I'm not assaulting your reasons but you're more worried about it than I am. And I've had cancer and heart problems and I'm older than you. You're just embarrassed to be on the same side of this as tour ☺️ WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

I'm not assaulting your reasons but you're more worried about it than I am. And I've had cancer and heart problems and I'm older than you. You're just embarrassed to be on the same side of this as tour ☺️ WSS

that is annoying, but I still think I'm right. lol

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

No.

We already know Trump is wrong. We just hope not too many Americans have to pay for his vain attempt to salvage his reelection chances.

With 77k officially dead (with the real number higher) I hope the number holds to no higher than the 125k the model now predicts. That will be bad enough.

Certainly worse than Trump's "60, could be 50" of two weeks ago... or his "60, could be 70 or 75" of a week ago... or his Lincoln Memorial "80, 90, could be 100."

But yes, I am already blaming Trump for the mounting Butcher's Bill.

At what number will you start holding him to account?

What number shall I hold you to account? Exactly. That's neither here nor there.

The same applies to Trump, unless you can provide data proving how Trumps numbers affected the death rate.  Its the TDS dude, try and shake it off.

Lets see... the US had 2,839,000 die from health issues ranging from heart disease to depression. Another 125k? eh not a big deal.

But before you accuse me of not sharing your feelings and emotions , think of yourself and your lack of concern over the  possibility of 75,000 dying over COVID despair.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/health/coronavirus-deaths-of-despair/index.html

Or the increase in child abuse.

https://www.newschannel10.com/2020/04/08/child-abuse-reports-decrease-amid-covid-pandemic-child-advocates-concerned/

Or domestic abuse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/world/coronavirus-domestic-violence.html

Or alcoholism and substance abuse.

https://news.usc.edu/168549/covid-19-alcohol-sales-abuse-stress-relapse-usc-experts/

All of the above plus destroyed livelihoods and a crippled economy over a manufactured hysteria. Never should have there been a shut down. Never in our history were healthy people quarantined. Only older folks, me included, should have been subject to quarantine and the wearing of masks should we need to venture out it a robust economy.

Understand that I have no issue with people wearing masks. When asked I wear one. Folks are only being considerate of others and of their own safety...nothing against the person, it's just that the mask is a constant reminder of the absurdity of it all making me want to slap the mask off the face of next person I see wearing one.

11 minutes ago, Gorka said:

What number shall I hold you to account? Exactly. That's neither here nor there.

The same applies to Trump, unless you can provide data proving how Trumps numbers affected the death rate.  Its the TDS dude, try and shake it off.

Lets see... the US had 2,839,000 die from health issues ranging from heart disease to depression. Another 125k? eh not a big deal.

But before you accuse me of not sharing your feelings and emotions , think of yourself and your lack of concern over the  possibility of 75,000 dying over COVID despair.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/health/coronavirus-deaths-of-despair/index.html

Or the increase in child abuse.

https://www.newschannel10.com/2020/04/08/child-abuse-reports-decrease-amid-covid-pandemic-child-advocates-concerned/

Or domestic abuse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/world/coronavirus-domestic-violence.html

Or alcoholism and substance abuse.

https://news.usc.edu/168549/covid-19-alcohol-sales-abuse-stress-relapse-usc-experts/

All of the above plus destroyed livelihoods and a crippled economy over a manufactured hysteria. Never should have there been a shut down. Never in our history were healthy people quarantined. Only older folks, me included, should have been subject to quarantine and the wearing of masks should we need to venture out it a robust economy.

Understand that I have no issue with people wearing masks. When asked I wear one. Folks are only being considerate of others and of their own safety...nothing against the person, it's just that the mask is a constant reminder of the absurdity of it all making me want to slap the mask off the face of next person I see wearing one.

Dorka, duhhhhhhh. Try and slap mine off.

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

My my, DickHead thinks he's a tough guy.

I couldn't slap it off your face because you'd run from me like you do here you pussy.

the trouble is, it would be tough to find his mask...

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

typical liberal. Going around asking for trouble, then hoping trouble comes, so you can claim to

be a victim.

woodpecker has done that a lot - dh is, and a...

another one has....