THE BROWNS BOARD

Informal poll

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

That's exactly what the Trump supporters believe as Gospel Cal, and I hate to tell you there's plenty of evidence to the contrary. But it's all "fake news".  

Yeah- you want to tell me how many years the republicans wanted to see Obama's birth certificate? So now it's SO unfair the democrats want to see Trump's tax returns. See what I mean- I can play both sides of the fence equally well.

You tell me how many years you think the Republicans wanted to see Obamas birth certificate. Try zero.

Never was there a concerted effort by the Republican party to open up an investigation into Obamas citizenship, and the authenticity of the birth certificate that was eventually produced. To do so would have been political suicide..."how dare the Republicans investigate the first black president. Racists".

Now put your money where your mouth is. Show me the all this evidence confirming that the complaints against Trump hold water, and I'll show you that they are either petty and meaningless, or that they are fake news.

11 hours ago, Gorka said:

Just shut up and pick 4. You think DickHead is intelligent, do as he does.

10 hours ago, Gorka said:

What does not seeing or even caring about what you said have to do with reading comprehension idiot?

Well you tried to tell me how to vote when I already had idiot. So apparently it meant enough to tell me what to do. Why don't you and your unmasked friend hammertime go out and swap viral stories for a while. You both seem to have all the answers for everyone else.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well you tried to tell me how to vote when I already had idiot. So apparently it meant enough to tell me what to do. Why don't you and your unmasked friend hammertime go out and swap viral stories for a while. You both seem to have all the answers for everyone else.

That tends to happen when you don't have the stones to answer something honestly. If you don't like the four choices give me your own. I'm beginning to think you are an ALT of the woodpecker.

As far as a few more lousy weeks and then minimal restrictions... If minimal restrictions means 25% occupancy in a restaurant and no more sporting events concerts or any other large Gathering I don't call that minimal. Restaurants can survive without a full house at least for a portion of the day. And it's stupid to think they can spread out their entire day's worth of customers. Or a movie theater. Or televising professional sports played in an empty Stadium.

WSS

1 Complete and gradual reopening over the next two or three weeks.

That is what I would go with. It makes no sense to close down a florist shop for example and have people buying flowers at Walmart. 

I think however with the 24/7 coronavirus coverage and a good chunk of citizenry good and frightened about this virus I don't see how when things open back up everything will go back to normal. Restaurants for example will need to take steps to ensure customers are as safe as possible and the same with a number of other businesses. I saw a nail salon for example where both customer and employee had on masks and they had a plastic shield set up where the customer would stick their hands under an opening in the plastic shield for the employee to work on the customers hands. Innovations like this are to me good common sense approaches but shut downs now should be over as they will be more destructive with businesses not coming back and loss of jobs. Time to get back to work and use ingenuity in trying to make things as safe as possible and then deal with the effects which in all likelihood will mean a rise in more coronavirus cases but you cannot stay in lockdown forever.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That tends to happen when you don't have the stones to answer something honestly. If you don't like the four choices give me your own. I'm beginning to think you are an ALT of the woodpecker.

As far as a few more lousy weeks and then minimal restrictions... If minimal restrictions means 25% occupancy in a restaurant and no more sporting events concerts or any other large Gathering I don't call that minimal. Restaurants can survive without a full house at least for a portion of the day. And it's stupid to think they can spread out their entire day's worth of customers. Or a movie theater. Or televising professional sports played in an empty Stadium.

WSS

I heard yestereday the NFL was going to play the season with empty stadiums.  Sounds like a good practical idea.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I did give you my own so you are completely wrong. Go back to page one and you will see I provided a choice #5. Why did you think I was chiding him for reading comprehension? Is this something that runs in the trumpy kingdom or what?

But just to save you looking here is what I posted:

"5. Follow the science that trumpy's experts are providing. Opening up without massive testing is idiotic. Period."

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I did give you my own so you are completely wrong. Go back to page one and you will see I provided a choice #5. Why did you think I was chiding him for reading comprehension? Is this something that runs in the trumpy kingdom or what?

But just to save you looking here is what I posted:

"5. Follow the science that trumpy's experts are providing. Opening up without massive testing is idiotic. Period."

So it wasn't really a response just some yammering about Trump. Sorry I missed it but not really.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So it wasn't really a response just some yammering about Trump. Sorry I missed it but not really.

WSS

No it is legitimate choice. Go look up yourself what they recommended. Testing has to be a part of it if you want to avoid an even bigger second wave.

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No it is legitimate choice. Go look up yourself what they recommended. Testing has to be a part of it if you want to avoid an even bigger second wave.

I read what you quoted. Trumpy this trumpy that blah blah blah go back whenever his experts say to go back. And since dr. Fauci has been all over the fucking place you think that's anywhere from eight months to 18 years to never. Thanks for chiming in.

WSS

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/last-years-flu-season-was-deadliest-four-decades-prompted-zero-shutdowns?fbclid=IwAR1GGgvXYXNUaBgyTyjVFB7VhmXwAUajnIbjDSWQRpnBhaNtRrz9q1adUAA

The 2017- 2018 Flu Season Was the Deadliest In Four Decades, But Prompted Zero Shutdowns

Update: 4/30/20 a previous version of this article erroneously stated that the figures below reflected the number of flu-related deaths during the 2019-20 flu season. However, the figures below are from 2017-18. The article and headline have been updated to reflect that change.

As states across the nation lengthen COVID-19 shutdown restrictions and the White House continues to urge social distancing measures at the advice of health officials, the CDC that a record 80,000-plus Americans also died of a virus during the winter of 2017-18...but not from the coronavirus.

From the seasonal flu.

In fact, according to the reported numbers, that flu season was the deadliest since 1976, with far more fatalities than the 56,000 who died in 2011-12. In addition, more than 900,000 people were hospitalized with the virus.

Among those lost to the flu last year were 180 children, a record high for a non-pandemic flu season.

"The thing that was most notable about last year was how high in terms of activity things were," said Nordlund. She explained that last season, unlike previous seasons, flu did not strike one region of the country and then move across the land. "There were three consecutive weeks when the entire continental US was affected by flu at a very high level," she said.

While the flu season is measured from November through the end of March, with cases typically starting in one area of the country and then gradually spreading outward, CDC Spokeswoman Kristen Nordlund said that this year, there was a higher concentration of flu cases nationally over one three-week span in January and February.

"There were three consecutive weeks when the entire continental U.S. was affected by flu at a very high level," she said.

Despite the high prevalence of flu cases, the record number of fatalities both among adults and children, and the concentrated outbreak across a short window of time, no economic shutdowns, social distancing mandates or store closures were mandated as a result of the seasonal flu.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

IWhy did you think I was chiding him for reading comprehension? Is this something that runs in the trumpy kingdom or what?

Look who really has a reading comprehension problem.

What the fuck did I tell you yesterday about your "reading comprehension" comment.

In order to for me to not comprehend your post, I would have had to have read it and subsequently respond to it.

I did neither tard.

19 hours ago, Gorka said:

You tell me how many years you think the Republicans wanted to see Obamas birth certificate. Try zero.

Never was there a concerted effort by the Republican party to open up an investigation into Obamas citizenship, and the authenticity of the birth certificate that was eventually produced. To do so would have been political suicide..."how dare the Republicans investigate the first black president. Racists".

Now put your money where your mouth is. Show me the all this evidence confirming that the complaints against Trump hold water, and I'll show you that they are either petty and meaningless, or that they are fake news.

Hopeless- because Cal & the MAGAs  are already in denial that Trump ever did anything wrong....  Any documentation of Trump's foibles and lies are "fake news".  So I'm not going to waste my time digging them up. . 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Regardless, you're hoping that opening the states back up will cause another spike followed by many more deaths just so you can blame Trump right?

Surely you would find it troublesome jf re-opening causes no substantial increase in cases or deaths, because it would mean Trump was right.

Like a catch 22 for you right? Be honest.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Hopeless- because Cal & the MAGAs  are already in denial that Trump ever did anything wrong....  Any documentation of Trump's foibles and lies are "fake news".  So I'm not going to waste my time digging them up. . 

LOL  Do you realize that you have just demonstrated your affliction with TDS?

"Waste time digging them up" ? You should easily come up with something Trump did so devastating that it makes your hate for him rational. And since you can't, your hate is irrational. And an irrational hate = TDS.

You should really limit yourself to talking about the Browns or COVID itself. You're pretty knowledgeable and articulate with both. But when it's about Trump TDS kicks in, and you end up sounding like a dweeb.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

But, and we are friends and I consider you a fair guy, you must have a few off the top of your head without having to dig them up? Unfortunately the usual charges run along the lines of "He's a dictator, a charlatan, a con man, a TV host, his hair is orange, he's overweight, he said grab her by the pussy," and so forth and so forth. In all honesty the things I don't like about him are personality based as well. I don't think there's any particular issue I am steadfastly against.

WSS

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But, and we are friends and I consider you a fair guy, you must have a few off the top of your head without having to dig them up? Unfortunately the usual charges run along the lines of "He's a dictator, a charlatan, a con man, a TV host, his hair is orange, he's overweight, he said grab her by the pussy," and so forth and so forth. In all honesty the things I don't like about him are personality based as well. I don't think there's any particular issue I am steadfastly against.

WSS

Steve, there's  things I've mentioned  here outside of what you just mentioned (that I  largely agree with) BTW. But bring up issues like "Tariff Trump" or his pet border wall, well-  you know what happens. I'm going to do my best to not argue with them anymore,  they have their opinion, I have mine. As I  said  in an earlier  post, it's a waste of  my time. Their right wing POV is the only correct one. They're having a  field day going after Biden, but Don and Stormy? He's found God now. Main reason I've posted more  here lately is with Corona lockdown,  there's  not much happening on the Browns front. 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steve, there's  things I've mentioned  here outside of what you just mentioned (that I  largely agree with) BTW. But bring up issues like "Tariff Trump" or his pet border wall, well-  you know what happens. I'm going to do my best to not argue with them anymore,  they have their opinion, I have mine. As I  said  in an earlier  post, it's a waste of  my time. Their right wing POV is the only correct one. They're having a  field day going after Biden, but Don and Stormy? He's found God now. Main reason I've posted more  here lately is with Corona lockdown,  there's  not much happening on the Browns front. 

Actually the tariffs aren't a hot-button issue for me, mostly because our so-called trading partners have been screwing us for years. Should we bend over just so they don't get mad at us? Hey they are cutting off their own noses to spite their face. And no I don't think the border wall is the best way to spend money but remember we haven't spent Jack schitt on it anyway given the big picture of throwing trillions around. Then again compared to the plan of just letting everyone flood into the country giving them a slip of paper for a hearing and never seeing them again is a lot worse than a border wall in my opinion. Stormy Daniels is a hooker and probably Trump give her some money to fuck her. If you wanted to compare Biden with somebody it would be Kavanaugh. Then again the MSM is barely mentioning Joe. And honestly I think this newfound religion is bullshit. Then again when Barack Obama said that his governing was Guided by his faith in Jesus... I didn't buy that either. 

So in summary, border wall is a negative blood such a tiny drop in the bucket who cares? Tariffs I'm not sure. Better than getting walked on I guess. The rest of it is bulshit that matters to people need more reasons to hate the guy. I'm happy with the tax code and I wish the cap gains was lower. Blaming him for Corona is just a stupid is blaming George Bush for the hurricane. As far as his assholish tweets? I wish he'd STFU but it's always funny to hear the opposition with their hair on fire every time he makes one.

WSS

Furthermore Larry I think some guys just keep hammering away not realizing that the reason they don't get much traction is that nobody on the other side likes Joe Biden and nobody on the other side liked Hillary. So they don't really jump in to defend either of these idiots. No idea if any of them are enthralled with Obammy.

WSS

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So in summary, border wall is a negative blood such a tiny drop in the bucket who cares? Tariffs I'm not sure. Better than getting walked on I guess. The rest of it is bulshit that matters to people need more reasons to hate the guy. I'm happy with the tax code and I wish the cap gains was lower. Blaming him for Corona is just a stupid is blaming George Bush for the hurricane. As far as his assholish tweets? I wish he'd STFU but it's always funny to hear the opposition with their hair on fire every time he makes one.

WSS

The MAGA crowd largely doesn't get it that just asshole tweets and acting like an asshole 90% of the time by itself is reason enough for some people (in general) and Democrats (in particular) to hate his guts... It's not all about the politics Righties...  If they don't think personality is a huge factor in the hatred\ dislike, they're not being very objective. 

Bloomberg called him a "carnival barking clown" after Trump started the name calling first. I'd like to see some Presidential behavior and class instead of a circus act. 

PS- I've never blamed Trump for Corona- but he's sure trying to stir up the pot again with his super-secret sources about that virus lab. (That the MAGAs will take as Gospel) I've already beaten that argument to death from my POV, and it's 100% useless to try and argue with the conspiracy theorists for another go-around on the subject.  

PPS- regarding taxes? Probably too late to do anything significant about it, since we just printed around $2.5 trillion more dollars that we don't have. LOL, one thing I did look up (because I was curious) every taxpayer in America's Federal debt liability is now around $800,000- and counting. A total impossibility to ever pay it off, or reduce it to a reasonable amount.  I've said it here a bunch of times Steve- never in the history of the world has any nation ever gotten that deep in hock without hyper inflating the currency to pay it off. And it's going to happen in the USA, only question is when. 

TDS = Hoorta is mad Pres Trump won the election, and WANTS illegals coming here and committing crimes, because Pres Trump makes mistakes like...

um... the wall is racist, and Cal and half of America voted for him.

Truth is, Pres Trump will win bigger next time. Go read up on Strzok, brannan, clapper mueller rice holder your higgardly...it's al long list. Do that, and then get back to us about Pres Trump making really dumb tweets at times.

Bunch of whining crap, says I.

The left nearly owned America completely. Now, we're finding out just how corrupt and dangerous the deep state is.

and, Hoorta's chine commie sombeitchland.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:28 AM, hoorta said:

Interesting Tour. Problem is- how much economic pain are we going to endure to minimize the deaths? 8 weeks? State unemployment funds depleted, and the restaurant businesses is kaput. I ran a few sims myself and pull everything off in two weeks you have herd immunity by August with around 1-2 million deaths. I'm not making the decision. 

The states will all need help, h... they already do. Whether the treasury prints more money with the Fed's backing or the Fed buys State and muni bonds, an infusion will be needed.

And any individual or entity that was entitled to help in round one is going to need more as well.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:11 AM, Westside Steve said:

I don't think complete and gradual are mutually exclusive whatsoever. I will complete your project for the next 3 weeks. That's complete and gradual. Maybe 30% reopening this week 30 more the next 30 the Third. Second auction could be  two weeks 2 weeks at another 2 weeks  double the time. End of June and end of July  are substantially different  given the consequences of the shutdown. Don't see the problem. And of course I have two selections that place slightly different conditions on them. Sure there are more. If you've got one, which I'm sure you have because you wanted to spend so much time bickering, go ahead and write it in. Hurricanes are a lot easier to predict. And the hurricane panic isn't as novel or profitable. I'm sure the political angle is it Dilly for the party out of power but be that as it may... option 3 and 4 are similar but not exactly case number at zero doesn't necessarily mean the virus is completely and utterly destroyed. Number four would say we never go back to normal as long as there is any threat of covid-19.

I had one smart-ass option that I decided not to put in which would have broken my own rule against bullshit.

put again feel free to propose your own option.

WSS

I thought my option was clear... certainly more clear than yours as I believe I pointed out.

5. Stay shut in for (now) seven more weeks and then open up with "an assumed level of learned social awareness (handwashing, avoid close contact when sick, etc.) that is included in the model" including masking, distancing, and gathering size limitations.

But again the key is what is done during the weeks of isolation to prepare for the reopening...

• a nationally coordinated testing program... hopefully capitalizing on the newly approved saliva test.
  • state contact tracking preparations, staffing and training.
  • state quarantine planning, site selection, equipment procurement and staffing.

These are the keys to not having to backtrack.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:41 AM, Gorka said:

Shut up an do the poll.

So what do you think 1,2,3, or 4?

Who kicked you in the pussy?

On 5/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, Gorka said:

Regardless, you're hoping that opening the states back up will cause another spike followed by many more deaths just so you can blame Trump right?

No.

We already know Trump is wrong. We just hope not too many Americans have to pay for his vain attempt to salvage his reelection chances.

With 77k officially dead (with the real number higher) I hope the number holds to no higher than the 125k the model now predicts. That will be bad enough.

Certainly worse than Trump's "60, could be 50" of two weeks ago... or his "60, could be 70 or 75" of a week ago... or his Lincoln Memorial "80, 90, could be 100."

But yes, I am already blaming Trump for the mounting Butcher's Bill.

At what number will you start holding him to account?

• Upvote 1