THE BROWNS BOARD

Higgins is back

LondonBrown

Interesting... apparently the FO did not piss him off... or at least this one did not.

Cabot reports the deal will be worth $910,000 and that Higgins turned down more lucrative offers to remain with Cleveland due to his strong relationship with quarterback Baker Mayfield.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2020/04/28/report-rashard-higgins-re-sign-cleveland-browns/3042530001/

• Thanks 1

Fantastic news. Amidst the mess of last year I remember us wondering why wasn't he back on the field if he was healthy. With OBJ and Landry he can shine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Barry said:

They must have read my mentioning him yesterday and knew I was pissed off about him not being signed yet. 😉

Yes....

... that plus your HBO series' reputation.

Smart move by both parties... the Browns haven't brought in anyone that is a better candidate than him as the 3rd WR, and Higgins gets a chance to get a do-over on his contract year with a QB he's comfortable with. 

• Like 1

OBJ, Landry, Higgins, DPJ looks like a good 1-4 WR group to me!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

OBJ, Landry, Higgins, DPJ looks like a good 1-4 WR group to me!

Is it?

Really all seem kinda the same to me... I mean obviously they have discernible skill levels, but all have more or less the same physical make up.

I really see a need for a smallish, uber-elusive, Edelman type. It's one of the reason I jumped on Ags' Duvernay bandwagon.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....continued good news.   We know him to be a somewhat reliable veteran WR.   Others, like newbie  Peeps can challenge him....but all for the good if they could beat him out, because it would mean they would really be stepping up. 

I realize by me saying this, it is only going to make you do it more, but...

...  in his time at Michigan I don't recall anyone ever referring to him as "Peeps". Message boards, articles, videos, etc. Never. The most common shorthand was DPJ. 

like I said though, because someone is telling you something you're doing is wrong/doesn't make sense, especially with that someone being me, I know you're only go to do it more now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

...  in his time at Michigan I don't recall anyone ever referring to him as "Peeps". Message boards, articles, videos, etc. Never. The most common shorthand was DPJ. 

like I said though, because someone is telling you something you're doing is wrong/doesn't make sense, especially with that someone being me, I know you're only go to do it more now

I did just make it up myself ...merely as a way to not have to type out his full name....which of course makes perfect sense.    And we already have an OBJ, so why be derivative and potentially confusing when typing. 

Besides....it is not wrong....if fact it works...and now that he is a Cleveland Brown,  he needs a new fitting nickname. 

So I will continue to do it not to confound you....but merely, again to have it be a convenient, fitting reference to him.

You are welcome to join along.  

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Personally... were I going to engage I'd have gone with reverse psych... cause Lord knows I've tried everything else.

But now I'm perfectly happy in my Gip-free retirement...

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Personally... were I going to engage I'd have gone with reverse psych... cause Lord knows I've tried everything else.

But now I'm perfectly happy in my Gip-free retirement...

Cuntholery makes you happy.  ("were I to engage"...you are as big a phony as they come.  You should work for the administration)   Fair enough. Beyond that, this post shows how dumb and inconsiderate  you are. Inconsiderate because  you suggest that he use reverse psychology, but you do not suggest  how or why that would have been deployed.  Ergo...you hung  Woody out to dry.    Dumb because you make a foolish presumption that I must have been using that name as some way of trying to get under Woody's skin.  Which, as I explained could not be further from the truth.    I call him Peeps as a term of endearment somewhat to the player, and, as I said, merely for  typing convenience.   How on earth would reverse psychology counter mere mechanical  convenience? 

It is tantamount to someone calling me "Gip".  Which you just did. 

As I recall, Higgins catches the ball.  We've had more than our share of guys that drop lots of passes.  He drops very few.  I hope to see the red carpet out this next season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Orion said:

He's the other one that I'd like to see what happens with Stef compared to Kitchens.  (Njoku being the other)

nfl agent code... young players should* never attempt to throw any GM nor HC thru former position coaches under any moving buses.... They are agent told to take the bus passing lane for possible future employment... 

I see both as having a Freddie problem...Dorsey stood by Freddie as deep as losing his job.. Grossi & MKC will both race down both to get answers to a Dorsey? or Freddie? or even a personal player issue? I'd scratch personal player issue now.. but,  Both's only agent up'd answer should* be "It's all in the past and am here to discuss moving forward"  I doubt we ever hear what really happened..    Welcome Home HiggyWood!! 

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I see both as having a Freddie problem.

But the reality is it wasn't just them, Randall was also crammed in the dog house with those two.  It seems like Freddie just had a problem with people at times...and held a grudge such that he'd cut off his nose to spite his face.   Bill Belleyache had / has that trait.

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

But the reality is it wasn't just them, Randall was also crammed in the dog house with those two.  It seems like Freddie just had a problem with people at times...and held a grudge such that he'd cut off his nose to spite his face.   Bill Belleyache had / has that trait.

Or Freddie was trying to reel in a young team who seemed to enter last season thinking they'd arrived already. 

I don't know. I get the impression we still haven't found out what was going on behind the scenes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Randall is a good example..It was reported Randall preferred thanksgiving with family over making it to practice.. the only snuff we ever got from freddie on Joku & Higgy..was they both ran wrong routes..& mental  errors...seems like that ran a muck with several of freddy's offensive system...aka ..looking over your head fred...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I get the impression we still haven't found out what was going on behind the scenes. 

How much more than he "called plays that were not in that week's game plan" do you need to find out?

Higgins went weeks where there was no report of Berry, Steph et al showing interest in re-signing him, and I never heard that there was a problem with $ that was keeping them apart in negotiations. Yet it seems that this FO was cool to him also.

It seems that it might have been something that went up as far as Haslam in terms of something he did which has caused 2 FO's to cool their jets with him. And the fact that it has never leaked kind of confirms its seriousness and was more than just pissing off Freddie.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

How much more than he "called plays that were not in that week's game plan" do you need to find out?

Is that even remotely close to what I'm talking about? 

The answer is no, it is not.