THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal Lewis

WPB Dawg Fan

A lot of blame has been directed at JL over the past weeks....but even with his comparative lack of production to date...he really isn't doing nearly as bad as many think!!!

533 yds in 8 games...on pace to get 1066

He has faced the #1 rush defense 2x, as well as the #3, #5, and #7 rush defenses. That is 5 out of 8 games against top 10 rush defenses. (he will face the #3, #8 and #10 in the second half)

He is currently ranked 7th in the AFC in total yards

He is currently ranked 14th in the NFL in total yards

Is this a stellar season for him? No, but when you face 5 top 10 defenses against the rush and are still ranked in the top half of the league in total yards...you must be doing something right.

Guest ATENEARS

Man, you guys are Jamal Fags ... or fags of anyone not with the initials of D.A.

"Don't forget, if Jamal Lewis rushed for (4) First Downs in the second half last week, he would have ended up with (5) Rushing First Downs in that game!"

Guest ATENEARS
Not to mention games where he was taken out of the equation (like BALT the first time) because of turn overs.

Or please don't remind us of the games he took us out of (like BALT the second time).

Although I bet he puts up 100+ in the first game right?

Man, you guys are Jamal Fags ... or fags of anyone not with the initials of D.A.

"Don't forget, if Jamal Lewis rushed for (4) First Downs in the second half last week, he would have ended up with (5) Rushing First Downs in that game!"

Interesting...except for one minor thing...JL only touched the ball 3 times all game with less than 5 yds to go for a 1st down.

2nd and 3....he gained 4yds

2nd and 5....he gained 1yd

2nd and 3....he gained 1yd

So, 3 LEGIT chances for a 1st down and he gets 1...not great...but not as bad as you tried to make it.

Guest Masters
Not to mention games where he was taken out of the equation (like BALT the first time) because of turn overs.

Or please don't remind us of the games he took us out of (like BALT the second time).

Although I bet he puts up 100+ in the first game right?

You are too funny. What is BALT's rank against the rush? What is the average y/c they are giving up and yards per game?

Point in the first game is that CLE went from ahead when you could at least try to run (and had some early success) to down by 11 in a matter of minutes.

Oh, and you bring up Lewis in the second half of last week. How about this one for DA 3-of-13 for 21 yards and a pick

Guest ATENEARS
AHe has faced the #1 rush defense 2x, as well as the #3, #5, and #7 rush defenses. That is 5 out of 8 games against top 10 rush defenses. (he will face the #3, #8 and #10 in the second half)

LMAO ... too bad you ain't so hellbent on finding such excuses for Derek Anderson, because he trumps that excuse for the Dancing Bear.

Pitt, NYG, Balt, Wash, Cincy & Dallas all rank in the Top-10 in Pass Defense ... so that's 7 of 8 games against top pass defenses (factoring Balt twice).

'Total Defense' we've faced 5 Top-ten teams there too, (six with Balti twice).

I bet you wouldn't have missed that stat for Boy Wonder.

OK here's what I don't understand.

What if we grant to you DA backers that DA was not the only problem with this team. This team DID/DOES have problems.

Are you saying that ZERO changes needed to be made? That this team just hum along merily playing inconsitantly and finishing a likely 6-10 and not figuring anything out? that they just stick there heads in the sand and act like nothing could be done?

I don't buy that. Changes were needed, THIS YEAR. So lets go through and look at some key positions and what the options were/are.

RB

Even if I grant you, Jamal is not quite the runner he was last year. Who do you replace him with to change this team. Harrison? Gee stan, you claim he's not a every down back. Wright? he hasn't proven to be any better than Jamal.

WR

Yeah Edwards drops are annoying. so you bench him? and have a WR corps of what? Steptoe, Cribbs, And Sanders? (don't even start with me on Stalworthless)....yep that sounds like a recipe for sucess.

TE

Winlsow has been suspended, Heiden and Dinkins seem to be better players for some plays . I guess you could make a change here. But what real impact would it have?

OL

again, another unit that is playing worse than it did last year due to injures ect. But again...who's waiting in the wings to take the place of the guys playing now? No ONE.

So then we come to the QB position. You have a highly touted, semi-sucessful college QB whom you gave up a #1 draft pick to get. He's sat two years learning the system and being supportive. There's a feeling by some in the organization he can be our QB of the future. So why doesn't this switch make sense to you???

At 3-5, on a team with high expectations, making no changes would have been a mistake. Are all the problems Anderson's fault? Hell no. Is it fair to him that he is the one player on the team with what looks like a more than competent back up behind him? probably not. But those are the facts.

Live with em

Stop making sense Golf, Ctown isn't about sense.

Guest Masters

There you go using logic.

During the offseason, especially when he wasn't resigned yet, DA supporters were telling us how he was the reason the O was successsul last season (his deep passes are why Lewis could run, the Oline looked good because of his quick release, etc.). Now when the O is one of the worst in the NFL, he isn't a problem, or the problem. Yup, that makes sense icon_rolleyes.gif

Dude still plays like his HS and college scouting report. Its time to move on.

The best was Pluto's line. The same people that were calling for Quinn to come into the middle of games for DA are now complaining about him taking over on a short week. And Pluto has not been high on Quinn to begin with.

Guest ATENEARS

Hey JADBF ... this topic was a pimping of Jamal Lewis ... I had to laugh, then show a few what Hyprocrites they are.

Doubling Jamal's numbers to show everyone how on pace he is for 1,000 yrds? PLuuuease, Derek Anderson was on pace for numbers similar to what Phillip rivers finished with last season ... what did that prove?

Showing that poor wittle Jamal had to run against tough defenses ... boo f'ing woo ... what the hell do you think Anderson went against, the Punter and place holder in the secondary?

Now watch, They will go as far as to dig up defensive backs that were injured when we played those teams ... discounting, of course, that our WR's didn't exactly light anyone up, let alone scrubs.

It's just all a good laugh ... I say the entire team sucks, except for maybe Shaun Rogers and Phil Dawson ... I won't make excuses for any of them (including DA).

Guest Masters
AHe has faced the #1 rush defense 2x, as well as the #3, #5, and #7 rush defenses. That is 5 out of 8 games against top 10 rush defenses. (he will face the #3, #8 and #10 in the second half)

LMAO ... too bad you ain't so hellbent on finding such excuses for Derek Anderson, because he trumps that excuse for the Dancing Bear.

Pitt, NYG, Balt, Wash, Cincy & Dallas all rank in the Top-10 in Pass Defense ... so that's 7 of 8 games against top pass defenses (factoring Balt twice).

'Total Defense' we've faced 5 Top-ten teams there too, (six with Balti twice).

I bet you wouldn't have missed that stat for Boy Wonder.

Didin't DA have a good game agaisnt the G-men, who are #2 against the pass? Why can't he do that against WAS, Cincy or Balt? Because he is inconsistant and plays the same since HS>

Cincy is giving up almost 200 yards a game against the pass. Yet he couldn't hit their average (missed it by over 50 yards).

BALT is giving up 184 yards a game against the pass. Yet he couldn't hit that average in the first game.

Spend less time drinking your beer and chatting with your buddies, and more time watching the games. QBs in the NFL don't complete less than HALF of their passes on average for other reasons than their own inability.

Guest Masters
Hey JADBF ... this topic was a pimping of Jamal Lewis ... I had to laugh, then show a few what Hyprocrites they are.

Doubling Jamal's numbers to show everyone how on pace he is for 1,000 yrds? PLuuuease, Derek Anderson was on pace for numbers similar to what Phillip rivers finished with last season ... what did that prove?

Showing that poor wittle Jamal had to run against tough defenses ... boo f'ing woo ... what the hell do you think Anderson went against, the Punter and place holder in the secondary?

Now watch, They will go as far as to dig up defensive backs that were injured when we played those teams ... discounting, of course, that our WR's didn't exactly light anyone up, let alone scrubs.

It's just all a good laugh ... I say the entire team sucks, except for maybe Shaun Rogers and Phil Dawson ... I won't make excuses for any of them (including DA).

Dude, it was showing Lewis isn't playing that bad. Hell, he is doing better than half the RBs in the league. You can't say that about DA.

And yeah, CLE's WR have struggled. But you know whats funny, how are TO, Roy Williams, and Jason Witten doing without Romo throwing them the ball. How are BALT WR doing with Flacco now throwing to them instead of Boller or McNair. How are ATL's WR doing with Ryan throwing them the rock instead of Vick or what ever scrub they threw out last year. CHI with Orton this year. MIN's with Ferrotte instead of Jackson.

Guest ATENEARS
That'd be all well and good Stan if you weren't in other threads attaking the defense, in other threads attack BE, ect and yet "I won't make excuses for any of them (including DA)." is one of the few times I've seen you blame DA for anything.

I've always been for blaming the entire team ... I'm sure even in this thread it appears it's a Pro-DA theme, when all I'm doing is using ones tactic to show'em how perforated that argument is when you shine a DA light on'em.

When I've mentioned that DA should have been pulled at halftime of the first Baltimore game, and then followed up with stating that Boy Wonder should have gotten the nod to start against Cincy, an admitted he certainly should have been replaced at halftime at Cincy ... and probably pulled in the second half at Washington ... no one notices. But God Forbid you make people notice that he faced (7) Top-10 Pass Defenses in those first 8 games.

(I must only mention that for hit counts, though right)

Guest Masters
That'd be all well and good Stan if you weren't in other threads attaking the defense, in other threads attack BE, ect and yet "I won't make excuses for any of them (including DA)." is one of the few times I've seen you blame DA for anything.

I've always been for blaming the entire team ... I'm sure even in this thread it appears it's a Pro-DA theme, when all I'm doing is using ones tactic to show'em how perforated that argument is when you shine a DA light on'em.

When I've mentioned that DA should have been pulled at halftime of the first Baltimore game, and then followed up with stating that Boy Wonder should have gotten the nod to start against Cincy, an admitted he certainly should have been replaced at halftime at Cincy ... and probably pulled in the second half at Washington ... no one notices. But God Forbid you make people notice that he faced (7) Top-10 Pass Defenses in those first 8 games.

(I must only mention that for hit counts, though right)

No one notices because you'll turn around and support DA or get on people for jumping all over DA.

Guest ATENEARS
So you agree that it was the correct move to repalce DA with Quinn then?

Yeah, we need (needed) a spark. Although in baseball (Hi Masters!) we try to keep all of our throwers in high confidence, never allowing good arms to go stale or great arms to lose it upstairs ... so I can't say I agree with the timing (missing opportunities then forcing it on a short week).

But I would have also done a lot of things by now. I'd have seen how much workload Jason Wright or Harrison can handle. If Harrison still ain't picking up blocks, he'd be picking up garbage for thye city of Parma.

I'd have used Shaun Rogers as a FB in short yardage situations.

I'd have bit the bullet on Braylon and sat him if not for a series or two, a complete game. I'd have given his job to someone hungrier (like Sanders) ... as DA bashers say, "What could it hurt?"

I would have asked Sean Jones to take more time recovering (inserting Mike Adams back in) and told Stallworth to speed his recovery up.

Yes, Heiden over Winslow ... what would that do? Well, we've won with that switch ...

There's a lot more to fixing this team.

Guest ATENEARS
No one notices because you'll turn around and support DA or get on people for jumping all over DA.

And that is still a bit more than you can claim, huh Brady fag?

Guest Masters

Channeling your in Lum huh? I have said since the Cincy game I'd be just as happy to see Dorsey replace DA with the way he was playing. Heck, I have stuck to my guns on DA since people were calling for him to replace Frye in 06' when he came in during the KC game.

Good to see that all you have to fall back on is weak ass name calling icon_lol.gif

Guest ATENEARS
I have said since the Cincy game I'd be just as happy to see Dorsey replace DA with the way he was playing.

Yeaahhh Rrrriight, don't try to hide your Brady queerness Mr. Bater.

Guest Masters
So you agree that it was the correct move to repalce DA with Quinn then?

Yeah, we need (needed) a spark. Although in baseball (Hi Masters!) we try to keep all of our throwers in high confidence, never allowing good arms to go stale or great arms to lose it upstairs ... so I can't say I agree with the timing (missing opportunities then forcing it on a short week).

But I would have also done a lot of things by now. I'd have seen how much workload Jason Wright or Harrison can handle. If Harrison still ain't picking up blocks, he'd be picking up garbage for thye city of Parma.

I'd have used Shaun Rogers as a FB in short yardage situations.

I'd have bit the bullet on Braylon and sat him if not for a series or two, a complete game. I'd have given his job to someone hungrier (like Sanders) ... as DA bashers say, "What could it hurt?"

I would have asked Sean Jones to take more time recovering (inserting Mike Adams back in) and told Stallworth to speed his recovery up.

Yes, Heiden over Winslow ... what would that do? Well, we've won with that switch ...

There's a lot more to fixing this team.

Well I agree I wish this change would have been made much sooner. But that's the allure of a guy like DA, he does just enough to let you give him another chance. AS for forcing it on a short week. These guys are supposed to be pros aren't they? I say Quinn gets no excuses from me about the short week if he stinks this week. I'll still give him 5-8 games to prove he has it or not. But the short week is NO EXCUSE.

That suprises me on Harrison. I am sure you were bashing him in other threads saying when he gets mroe than a few touches his yards go down. If you believe that, then why give him more touches? And I disagree with your feeling that Jamal is so much worse than last year.

The Rogers thing is a gimick. That would not do anything IMO.

Really? Sit Edwards for Sanders? While I dislike Edwards' drops, that would have been a guaranteed loss that week.

Don't get me started on Stallworth...this quote nearly made me choke on my coffee this morning.

Receiver Donte Stallworth was limited and said he's hopeful he can play after missing the Ravens game. "The short week doesn't help, but I'm hoping I can go out and get something done," he said. ...

WTF does the short week make a difference? You missed the whole last week you fing tool!!!!! as well as most of this year. I am done with Stalworth, and this is Savages biggest mistake IMO.....

I agree this teams needs more fixes, including playcalling which I attribute to RAC holding Chud back, but that's just my anti RAC bias coming through. But this change is one that was needed.

The funny thing about the short week is that everyone has a short week. DA included if he was to start.

And again, for those that say they would have pulled DA in the Cincy game (or any game for Quinn), that goes right back to what Terry Pluto said. How can you say you'd be okay with pulling a guy in the middle of a game (which theoretically would be no prep time, so to speak), but then say it is bad to give him the start on a short week.

Guest Masters
I have said since the Cincy game I'd be just as happy to see Dorsey replace DA with the way he was playing.

Yeaahhh Rrrriight, don't try to hide your Brady queerness Mr. Bater.

icon_rolleyes.gif And you are an adult.... icon_rolleyes.gif Must be a great roll model for those kids you coach.

Oh and way to leave the other stuff out. Since all of it can be found here or on Browns revolution board.

Guest ATENEARS

Another place you lose me stan...

While there are some Brady fags on this site, Masters isn't one of them. Why the need for name calling? Why not a rational discussion like you had with me?

Believe me Master's is either a Brady Fag or he has Atenears envy.

Guest ATENEARS
icon_rolleyes.gif And you are an adult.... icon_rolleyes.gif Must be a great roll model for those kids you coach.

Oh and way to leave the other stuff out. Since all of it can be found here or on Browns revolution board.

Hey JADBF, how many times have you taken a shot at my personal life? If not at least once each day this week, then you might not understand my single shot at Master bater here.

Guest ATENEARS

Ok, so you carried something over with you from the Browns Revolution and so you dropped your little gay "Stick to Baseball, Stan" comments about a half-dozen times and I didn't bite ... so you follow me into a few more threads .....

Do you need some attention? Was sticking to the football topics not enough to get in digs?

I tossed the stick and called you a Brady fag .... what's next, a pat on the head and scratch behind the ear?

Guest Masters

Hey JADBF, how many times have you taken a shot at my personal life? If not at least once each day this week, then you might not understand my single shot at Master bater here.

And calling me a fag isn't taking a shot at my personal life icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Masters

Ok, so you carried something over with you from the Browns Revolution and so you dropped your little gay "Stick to Baseball, Stan" comments about a half-dozen times and I didn't bite ... so you follow me into a few more threads .....

Do you need some attention? Was sticking to the football topics not enough to get in digs?

I tossed the stick and called you a Brady fag .... what's next, a pat on the head and scratch behind the ear?

Lol....I followed you...whose post is third in this thread and whose if fourth..

Oh and pot, if you are gonna call the kettle black for following people, wasn't it you who followed Rich and Ghoolie to the ABJ and Navs board after you booted them from here (not to mention Inspecta when your panties got in a bunch and you booted him)? icon_lol.gif

Archived