THE BROWNS BOARD

season late start.

Tour2ma

• 3 weeks later...

I'd doubt they would cancel the NFL League Spring Meetings scheduled for May 19 & 20th.. should be full of news from those that can make those decisions.. the concerns of not playing NFC opponents maybe a real thing though? my hopes? 5-6 week camp, 2 (limited media only) inter-squad scrimmages & kick it 🏈   

3 hours ago, Barry said:

We are being told in the SF Bay Area to expect shelter-in-place thru the end of May. At that time they will decide based upon what the numbers look like.

Ours just got relaxed starting this coming Friday, but we just increased cases in our county from 211 cases to 261 in one day this weekend.

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ours just got relaxed starting this coming Friday, but we just increased cases in our county from 211 cases to 261 in one day this weekend.

Blew your 14 consecutive days of decline, eh? ;)

I'm kinda surprised to see Travis County as high as it is.

image.png.8e8fcb95ffab5ac4c36703b50e3051cd.png

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We had really knocked the curve down substantially until that big jump. Natives must have gotten restless.

Or.... testing!!!

As we play catch up the case numbers are going to ramp up. How to determine how real the ramp is... is beyond me.

Plus then there's the whole emerging test accuracy issue. Turns out waiving FDA approval isn't a panacea. Who'd a thunk that?

• Like 1

My daughter and her husband think they may have had it after returning from Disneyworld (Thanksgiving) considering the international clientele there, especially from China and Japan. She had a 3 week long chest & fatigue thingy and he about a week long. If we ever get more widespread anti-body testing, she intends to insist upon it with her MD.

• Like 1

my cousin was down for about three weeks and spent a a couple of days in the hospital with the systems of covid in February.   they never tested for it.  she went a couple of weeks ago to check if she had any antibodies and p possibly giving plasma.  they checked here and told her she never had covid.  just a bad flu.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Or.... testing!!!

As we play catch up the case numbers are going to ramp up. How to determine how real the ramp is... is beyond me.

Plus then there's the whole emerging test accuracy issue. Turns out waiving FDA approval isn't a panacea. Who'd a thunk that?

They just completed nursing home testing and found a cluster in an unnamed facility in our county. 46 cases in that cluster seems to account for most of the jump this weekend.

https://www.wilco.org/coronavirus

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Is that an accumulative number,  or a per diem number?

I am most interested in what the situation in Texas is to be, as I have my daughter's wedding going on there this summer, and lots of things are still up in the air. 

I could not get that link to download for me.     Are they talking about  delaying the announcement of the schedule,   now set for May 9th?  (that announcement had previously been delayed from mid-April.

Or are they talking about have the schedule still come out that day....but reflecting the delayed start to the season?  

40 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is that an accumulative number,  or a per diem number?

I am most interested in what the situation in Texas is to be, as I have my daughter's wedding going on there this summer, and lots of things are still up in the air. 

Best way to keep track is to check the weather in the city you are going to be in on weather.com. There will be a COVID-19 box to the upper right which you can click on. It will take you to the count in that county and give you several days data below above the map. Here is the results of the COVID box for San Antonio. Move your arrow over the box graph that show results for each day and it will automatically give you the count in cumulative fashion for that county.  The map will take you to any county you want to see.

https://weather.com/coronavirus/l/0e23ddb22586163323dc8c95e1ca5a3d43e9d736052ec6a368233a2897f36cad

EDIT: Ours jumped in the cumulative total by 51 cases.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Best way to keep track is to check the weather in the city you are going to be in on weather.com. There will be a COVID-19 box to the upper right which you can click on. It will take you to the count in that county and give you several days data below above the map. Here is the results of the COVID box for San Antonio. Move your arrow over the box graph that show results for each day and it will automatically give you the count in cumulative fashion for that county.  The map will take you to any county you want to see.

https://weather.com/coronavirus/l/0e23ddb22586163323dc8c95e1ca5a3d43e9d736052ec6a368233a2897f36cad

EDIT: Ours jumped in the cumulative total by 51 cases.

Thanks.  While this does show the accum. numbers, it does not seem to show the daily numbers.  In other words, another graph will need to be consulted to tell if the "curve" is on the downswing.    Unless I am missing it on there. 

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My daughter and her husband think they may have had it after returning from Disneyworld (Thanksgiving) considering the international clientele there, especially from China and Japan. She had a 3 week long chest & fatigue thingy and he about a week long. If we ever get more widespread anti-body testing, she intends to insist upon it with her MD.

My son also think he got it. He had all the symptoms in January and was bad for about a week. Being 26 he didn't get serious and was able to stay in his apartment in LA. SincE then we have read that it is quite possible that one of the reasons California seemed to handle the virus well, in addition to early shelter, was because it was in LA and SF as early as late '19 and many people built up the antibodies for it. We think that's what happened with my son.

Wouldn't doubt that your daughter and her husband got it.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Or.... testing!!!

Don't get me started with the data and testing and 'accurate' figures, etc. It's a joke.  A lot of the figures have been built on a house of cards. But you can get a rough idea from working backwards. For example, of the people you know who got it, what percentage required hospitalization, how old were they, etc. But as far as total numbers you are absolutely right. We will never know most likely.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They are saying almost all of the cases on the east coast are from Europe.  Not China.  And in Florida they are mainly from snowbirds from New York.

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't see why a decision should be made about this now. ....four and a half months in advance. 

its a tough call....on one hand there is no cure, no medicine...and you won't see a vaccine until maybe 2022, if then....the only thing we have going for us is the summer weather..maybe the hot humid temps will kill this thing like it does to the flu...fingers crossed...but then again, does it come back in the fall like dr fauci thinks that it might...man this is a tough call....come on hot weather...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

They are saying almost all of the cases on the east coast are from Europe.  Not China.  And in Florida they are mainly from snowbirds from New York.

Well who knows how she got it, but clearly she had something that strongly resembles it within a couple of weeks of our family celebration of my wife's and my 50th anniversary there over Thanksgiving. And she had had her flu shot so she did not think that was it.

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I hope they cancel the season.  I don't see it being safe to huddle up 60,000 people.  So much for social distancing.

It definitely seems wild to me-I know you won't find me at a stadium. I thought okay, maybe you limit seating but how the hell would you do that? Disney is talking about only letting in 50% capacity. Just seems like it's a "no crowds" situation this season if they do play.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

It definitely seems wild to me-I know you won't find me at a stadium. I thought okay, maybe you limit seating but how the hell would you do that? Disney is talking about only letting in 50% capacity. Just seems like it's a "no crowds" situation this season if they do play.

The problem that all the sport leagues are having is the perception (reality?)  of privilege.     In order to play, even without fans,  they will all need to be tested for the virus on a continuous basis.  This in a nation where now only like 1%  have been able to get a test due to dilatory administrative action.   While I personally would not really object to the athletes receiving this "Privilege"  it still is not a good look when you have over  60,000 people dying from this in less than 2 months.   We all need to have more, better testing.  But should  hundreds of thousands be deprived of any tests, where a thousand or so  are "privileged"  to be tested continuously if they should begin play.