THE BROWNS BOARD

Would you trade Baker to the Dolphins for Tua?

SkippinTurtles

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Pardon my curiosity, but are you getting married soon? I have some friends who are getting married this year and with this situation it's going to be a completely different experience, maybe they just celebrate with their families, don't know yet. 

Back on topic, I like seafood and if I ever go to Baltimore I'll have to try a crab cake for sure. 

Back to the original- I don't trade Baker for glass man Tua under any circumstances. But I'd probably trade Baker for Joe Burrow and even give up draft picks.  :)  Regarding seafood- I don't touch it. My primary dietary rule is- if it came out of the water, I don't eat it- and I've tried and failed, it's all yuck IMHO.  But second hand there is a difference in crab cakes. and if you go north to Maine from Maryland, there's these things called lobster rolls, that seafood aficionados consider quite tasty.  MHO- the only good lobster is a dead lobster. On my trip to Maine- I was more than happy to kill (boil them alive) those suckers for my friends.  

Regarding weddings- or funerals. The virus has completely messed that up. I'm so thankful the nephew got married last September before this mess started happening. OTOH, a good friend of ours died last week, and we couldn't even do the usual viewing and service. Her husband (who's one of my big Browns pals)  had to keep it totally under wraps to restrict services to immediate family, and put it on (it's a website) Caring Bridge- we'll have a memorial service for everybody (hopefully) around her birthday the end of October.  :(  

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's the problem with ordering crab cakes... so many people screw them up.

It's funny, the fiancee and I were just talking about going to Baltimore this morning in the future to catch a few Tribe games and eat a lot of seafood. A. Lot. Of. Seafood. 

I'll skip the seafood, but the Purple Abomination is on my bucket list of future Browns games. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's the problem with ordering crab cakes... so many people screw them up.

And why is beyond me... but for some reason a lot of places seem to think they're "Cake Crabs"... too much filler plus a crust with shredded crab-meat.

Maryland gets it. Just enough "cake" to be sure the crab lumps stay together until a fork hits it.

5 hours ago, Nero said:

Back on topic, I like seafood and if I ever go to Baltimore I'll have to try a crab cake for sure. 

lol...

Now about paella... ;)

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

And why is beyond me... but for some reason a lot of places seem to think they're "Cake Crabs"... too much filler plus a crust with shredded crab-meat.

Maryland gets it. Just enough "cake" to be sure the crab lumps stay together until a fork hits it.

lol...

Now about paella... ;)

Paella ain't the most popular thing in my region. We like it, but it's not "our thing". We are more about good meat and vegetables in Navarra. I love fish, though.

Travelling through Spain will teach you how different we are from one place to another. I would dare to say that in a sense Spain is like the United States but in a much smaller scale: we have very different climate zones thus creating more variety in lifestyle and gastronomy. 

7 hours ago, Nero said:

Pardon my curiosity, but are you getting married soon? I have some friends who are getting married this year and with this situation it's going to be a completely different experience, maybe they just celebrate with their families, don't know yet. 

Supposed to get married in October.... that will happen one way or another, but the reception is another story. We might move the reception to the same time, same place, next year. 

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Supposed to get married in October.... that will happen one way or another, but the reception is another story. We might move the reception to the same time, same place, next year. 

That sucks big time. I'm sorry for that. My friends are doing kind of the same. They're not moving it but reception is in the air... They're getting married the 4th of July and the groom said "It's ironic that Independence Day will be the last day of my independence" LOL. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Back to the original- I don't trade Baker for glass man Tua under any circumstances. But I'd probably trade Baker for Joe Burrow and even give up draft picks.  :)  Regarding seafood- I don't touch it. My primary dietary rule is- if it came out of the water, I don't eat it- and I've tried and failed, it's all yuck IMHO.  But second hand there is a difference in crab cakes. and if you go north to Maine from Maryland, there's these things called lobster rolls, that seafood aficionados consider quite tasty.  MHO- the only good lobster is a dead lobster. On my trip to Maine- I was more than happy to kill (boil them alive) those suckers for my friends.  

Regarding weddings- or funerals. The virus has completely messed that up. I'm so thankful the nephew got married last September before this mess started happening. OTOH, a good friend of ours died last week, and we couldn't even do the usual viewing and service. Her husband (who's one of my big Browns pals)  had to keep it totally under wraps to restrict services to immediate family, and put it on (it's a website) Caring Bridge- we'll have a memorial service for everybody (hopefully) around her birthday the end of October.  :(  

I wish my daughter had gotten married last September.  But, she scheduled it for July 12 this year. It was going to be this big deal.  Dinners at two swanky hotels in Galveston ($300 buck a night places); married aboard a cruise ship, then take off on a cruise for a week.   But, all that is now undone. The wedding will now take place at a small venue near their home in San Antonio,  with just the immediate family more or less.  The events at the hotels are being deferred for a year because the hotels in Galveston refuse to refund any money, but they will let them push the event out a year.   The cruise line has also, so far, refused to cancel the cruise, even though they are under CDC orders to do so.  They just do not want to commit to giving any money back any sooner than they have to. The only way I am going to get my money out of that situation is to rebook another cruise at a later date last summer.   Oh, well, that will kind of work for me, because I will be allowed to turn this into the Alaskan cruise I would much prefer rather than like Mexico. 

But that is not as bad as the funeral situation.  A wedding date can be changed, a new venue can be selected....but you can't do that with a funeral.  Sorry about your friends wife H. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yep,   that is what my daughter is doing. 

Congrats by the way. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Nero said:

My friends are doing kind of the same. They're getting married the 4th of July and the groom said "It's ironic that Independence Day will be the last day of my independence"

What a coincidence!

That's our Independence Day, too!

;)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

;)

A good crab cake is full of large crab pieces, you're right. 

Just got married on Saturday! 

Here in Mass the reception once scheduled for October is still up in the air bc gatherings of 50 are not expected to be OK even then.  Maybe instead of the un-anniversary we'll just have a 1-year anniversary?

Interestingly, of the dozen or so weddings our minister was going to officiate this spring/summer, everyone but us postponed until they could have the celebration same day as the wedding.. I don't understand that: The expensive flowers can wait, put the ring on.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Just got married on Saturday! 

Here in Mass the reception once scheduled for October is still up in the air bc gatherings of 50 are not expected to be OK even then.  Maybe instead of the un-anniversary we'll just have a 1-year anniversary?

Interestingly, of the dozen or so weddings our minister was going to officiate this spring/summer, everyone but us postponed until they could have the celebration same day as the wedding.. I don't understand that: The expensive flowers can wait, put the ring on.

congrats 

and as far as going out to eat and such drink and be merry I look at it as a game of chess The Pawns move first

• Upvote 1