THE BROWNS BOARD

Donovan Peoples-Jones

MLD Woody

28 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 

The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

You should be afraid,  as it is not really true.    I don't think just because there is idiotic violence associated with a rivalry that that makes it any greater, more heated or more fierce.  It just makes those fans more stupid. 

41 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

That isn't rivalry.  That is pure, encompassing, completely hate driven idiocy.     Rivalry for a contact sport is settled on the field and at it's core a mutual (although stubborn) respect.

I would actually argue if soccer itself were more "violent", similar to the game of football, then you wouldn't see the extent of the chaos after the fact like you do with footbul.      Spend 4 quarters beating the shit out of the person across from you.  You'll gain a new appreciation for your competition and you'll never be more tired in your life.

Don't? Well, then you get the poor countries sport rioting results from time to time.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

Of course. Some of the OSU homers don't believe in ever taking a player from Michigan when there's still a draftable Buckeye still on the board. They're so blinded, they almost want the guy to fail- just because he went to the wrong college. If you take a look at current analytics- the Browns knew Braylon had questionable hands- and drafted him anyway.  

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... 🤣 Bad Gippet!

Now you're talking- the #1 sport in the world.  :D  

I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

I still wonder why the Browns do not have some kind of OSU favoritism policy. Some teams/coaches IIRC build relationships with certain college teams and end up having their tendencies when drafting. You are based in Ohio, OSU has a nice program mostly on defense and I only remember Ward being drafted (and our defense hasn't been that great). I mean, we now have more LSU alumni than OSU, no? 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have no idea. 

I'm actually proud about this. 

LOL. Well played, sir.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast

Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I still wonder why the Browns do not have some kind of OSU favoritism policy. Some teams/coaches IIRC build relationships with certain college teams and end up having their tendencies when drafting. You are based in Ohio, OSU has a nice program mostly on defense and I only remember Ward being drafted (and our defense hasn't been that great). I mean, we now have more LSU alumni than OSU, no? 

Once upon a time in a football Galaxy far far away,  there was an actual  local rights draft....where the team or teams near a particular college had rights preferences to schools in their area.   That particular policy went the way of the Dodo in about the mid 60s,  so no local preference.   For some time...it deed seem the Browns had an OSU favoritism policy. ...again, back in the day...perhaps into the 70s.    But lately...this century, it seems that the Browns FOs  have had anti-OSU policies....to their detriment in my opinion.   I mean...as my thread showed, Ohio State has only been the most prolific producer of both NFL first rounders, and NFL draftees in like the last 20 years.    

Denzel Ward was only the third  OSU player selected this century.   The other two were WR  Brian Robiskie....a dud, and  Darnell Sanders TE  also pretty much a dud  (18 career catches).   

So, there were a couple of duds.  Not sure why that would make them shy away....considering ALL the duds this team has drafted from everywhere.  But, to basically completely ignore one of the top 2 or 3  NFL player producing schools the last 20 years seems non-sensical....especially when it is in the same state.   Imagine if the Browns basically said they would have a policy of not wanting Alabama or LSU players?   (Hell...that would have saved us from Barkevious Mingo and Trent Richardson).  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast

Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.

Well, you may as well also look forward to your own  death as well....since that is likely to come first. 

(notice that during the pandemic that the nation is looking forward to the football season, and the possible resumption of  Baseball, basketball, even hockey....but not one peep about soccer) 

Got a DPJ to go with our OBJ... and that's OK...

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

Agree... read comments about the inconsistent QB play hurting him... and given the turd Shea laid last year in the Big House I can see that. Combine was outstanding.

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

More of a punt returner but yes, he returned kicks too.

All right! Another Josh Cribbs.. only DPJ went to a lesser school...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Na I get the rivalry , have read some stuff on it before. Just found it amusing 

Why read when you can...

I can't say I know much about the kid... from what I see from a small sample size is he looks fluid.. He got wheels and elusive speed.. And has different gears... worth a look-see...

EDIT:.. He needs a damn U-Haul for his name LOL!

12 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Philadelphia used to have a court room and jail cells in Veterans Stadium for their sum of football + Alcohol.  Even Santa wasn't safe in that place.  They threw snow balls, f-bombs, and boos/booze at him.  I think they have the same set up in their new stadium.  At least I hope they do. 

16 hours ago, ATOM said:

you could have at least put up a bio

well, good luck to him. You never know.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/donovan-peoples-jones?id=32195045-4f60-4060-aa06-be3909ebff80

Overview

Former five-star and top-rated receiver coming out of high school, Peoples-Jones failed to find the success and production expected over his three seasons at Michigan. His route tempo is sluggish, but he has some savvy and shortcuts footwork for out-breaking routes to the boundary. He doesn't run well enough to play outside in the pros but has decent tape as a big slot. His pro limitations go beyond Michigan's spotty offense and he may not reach any higher than being an average backup.

Weaknesses
  • Release lacks twitch and suddenness
  • Press jams find him all game long
  • Play speed is very gradual and non-threatening
  • Will have NFL cornerbacks parked in his pocket
  • Unable to shake tight man to open extended windows
  • Slowed by redirection from shallow zone defenders
  • Focus drops popped up against Ohio State
  • Never posted a 100-yard game at Michigan
  • Thanks 1

All right..All right already 🤓... This poor Woody guy, can't win for losings on this board since the Peppers pick.. and am posting as a Buckeye homer!!

I had to miss most of yesterdays draft events..and i just spent 2 hours catching up with this board.. I'll hit the recorded button, with the FF option of cutting out 3 hours of bs..

I had posted somewhere on this god for shaken'd, shaken up WR draft jumbo of topics, That all I was looking for 👀 was giving Baker a tall, wingspan'd receiver 'aka Cortland Sutton' type, to help as a true..." just chuck it up & go get it" wide out option in the redzone....

in the 6th round? I could not be more than thrilled with this pick 👍 and don't care anymore where he played his college ball.. Welcome to the Land! Peeps-Jones..#gogetit🏈  

• Like 1

As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. 😉

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

As much crap I give our soccer-loving members here, it's all in good fun, especially for our European Browns brothers. 

It isn't my cup of tea, but if I were to go over to Europe and someone said "Hey, want to catch the big rivalry soccer game this afternoon" you bet your ass I would, even if just for the atmosphere. Hell, I even watched Italy win the World Cup a dozen years ago.

Baseball is better, but some people grew up in Ohio but are TTUN fans, so bad taste knows no borders. 😉

Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game. 

I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game

Can't add more reactions today so, let's go Oprah mode: 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

YOU get an upvote!!!

and..

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Hey if I want to watch nothing happen for a few hours I'll go to an Indians game. 

I'm just kidding... No one there is actually watching the game

YOU get an upvote!!! 

Everyone gets an upvote!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1