THE BROWNS BOARD

Donovan Peoples-Jones

MLD Woody

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

Well...this IS an Ohio football based website you know.  the Cleveland Browns play in Ohio fyi.

And,  it is fair to compare,...give the rivalry.....as here are the comparable stats to two OSU  WRs who were still around when he was taken:

People-Jones:   2019:   34 catches  438 yds; 12.9 ypc   6 TDs

2018:  47 catches  612 yds.  13.0 ypc;  6 TDs

KJ Hill:    2019:   57 catches,  636 yds,  11.2 ypc   10 TDs

Binjimin Victor:  2019   35 catches,  573 yds 16.4 ypc   6 TDs 

(fyi....the Buckeyes had another WR who was just as good or better:  Chris Olave.... 48 catches  840 yds.  17.5 ypc  12 TDs. 

To be fair to Peeps,   he was not FMU's top receiver either:   Ronnie Bell:  48 catches/758 yds/ but only 1 TD. 

As you say....probably bad QB play, comparatively.

Peeps has a lot of room to grow...and hopefully he will now that he is playing for the right team. 

12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Two pages on this guy and just the one on our first round pick 🤣

Well, you know who is to blame for that.    Plus,  I guess you could say that there is no controversy associated with taking Wills.. No one has reason to dispute the efficacy of that pick.  Here, there could be some of that. 

Also....being in Anglaland, perhaps you are not as cognizant of the most fierce rival in all of sports. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you know who is to blame for that.    Plus,  I guess you could say that there is no controversy associated with taking Wills.. No one has reason to dispute the efficacy of that pick.  Here, there could be some of that. 

Also....being in Anglaland, perhaps you are not as cognizant of the most fierce rival in all of sports. 

Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... 🤣 Bad Gippet!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Na I get the rivalry , have read some stuff on it before. Just found it amusing 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It takes two to tango. Everyone will blame me, but no one has to respond either. 

Hell, you've posted in this thread 7 times.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It takes two to tango. Everyone will blame me, but no one has to respond either. 

Hell, you've posted in this thread 7 times.

The kid is from Detroit, so I'm not going to hold it against him for being a fan of TTUN or going there. 

He wears the orange and brown now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... 🤣 Bad Gippet!

Ah..Ha ha.   OK. 

Not sure what  succer rivalries may match OSU/Michigan.  Barcelona/Madrid?   Liverpool/Manchester?   Brazil/Argentina?   (the answer is:   none)

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Ah..Ha ha.   OK. 

Not sure what  succer rivalries may match OSU/Michigan.  Barcelona/Madrid?   Liverpool/Manchester?   Brazil/Argentina?   (the answer is:   none)

I have no idea. 

I'm actually proud about this. 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Ah..Ha ha.   OK. 

Rangers/Celtic is the fiercest Soccer rivalry due to political/religious reasons. 

DPJ has unbelievable athleticism and his potential is through the roof. For some reason it has never clicked with him and that reason may always exist.  If he puts it all together and has an accurate quarterback he very well may end up being a huge steal in the draft. That kids tape out of high school was unreal.  I wanted him to commit to osu so bad and osu actually led for him at one point then Michigan jumped them and never looked back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Rangers/Celtic is the fiercest Soccer rivalry due to political/religious reasons. 

So, where are they from?     And how/why would political/religious reasons come into it.   We have a lot of great rivalries in sports here, but I don't know that  political reasons (other than city vs. city)  or religious reasons come into play.  

Oh, there was the  "Catholics vs. Convicts"   Notre Dame/Miami rivalry for a while......but it really had fuck all to do with religion...it was just a way to smack talk. 

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

DPJ has unbelievable athleticism and his potential is through the roof. For some reason it has never clicked with him and that reason may always exist.  If he puts it all together and has an accurate quarterback he very well may end up being a huge steal in the draft. That kids tape out of high school was unreal.  I wanted him to commit to osu so bad and osu actually led for him at one point then Michigan jumped them and never looked back. 

Well....Ohio State can't get everyone.  They get lots of people from  Texas, Florida, New Jersey, California etc. etc  and Ohio of course. 

And hopefully he will develop as you describe.  The guys on TV seemed to think that way as well. 

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I’m rooting for him.  Be Manningham or Funchess .....and not the dozen or so others before you.  

Just now, The Gipper said:

Well....Ohio State can't get everyone.  They get lots of people from  Texas, Florida, New Jersey, California etc. etc  and Ohio of course. 

And hopefully he will develop as you describe.  The guys on TV seemed to think that way as well. 

Not to get way off track but I hope we take some of these guys they have coming to OSU.  Wow- talk about WR talent.  There are some names in the next 3-4 years that we need to get to know.

And for the bad guys...I think Nico Collins is a great WR I’d be happier if it was him and not DPJ but maybe this lights a fire under DPJ.  He’s got a great opportunity here to make the roster. 

Maybe Peeps can give us a Punt return game:   Here are his stats:

Punt & Kick Returns

Punt Ret Kick Ret
Year School Conf Class Pos G Ret Yds Avg TD Ret Yds Avg TD
Career Michigan         89 743 8.3 2 0 0   0
*2017 Michigan Big Ten FR WR 13 40 320 8.0 1 0 0   0
*2018 Michigan Big Ten SO WR 13 25 250 10.0 1 0 0   0
*2019 Michigan Big Ten JR WR 11 24 173 7.2 0 0 0   0

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Not to get way off track but I hope we take some of these guys they have coming to OSU.  Wow- talk about WR talent.  There are some names in the next 3-4 years that we need to get to know.

And for the bad guys...I think Nico Collins is a great WR I’d be happier if it was him and not DPJ but maybe this lights a fire under DPJ.  He’s got a great opportunity here to make the roster. 

Collins is still in school, no? 

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, where are they from?     And how/why would political/religious reasons come into it.   We have a lot of great rivalries in sports here, but I don't know that  political reasons (other than city vs. city)  or religious reasons come into play.  

Oh, there was the  "Catholics vs. Convicts"   Notre Dame/Miami rivalry for a while......but it really had fuck all to do with religion...it was just a way to smack talk. 

They are based in Glasgow, Scotland and it’s based around sectarianism like it is in Belfast. 

Just now, LondonBrown said:

They are based in Glasgow, Scotland and it’s based around sectarianism like it is in Belfast. 

Ah....both in the same town?   Surely yes, such can/should be a great rivalry.    (though, shouldn't Celtics be from Ireland?)

Nevertheless....surely they are over all that sectarianism/religious bullshit....and it is now just a good old heated cross town rivalry?

I will say this:   here in the US the leagues have done a piss poor job of promoting the good potential, heated cross town rivalries.  At least in the two major sports.   They put teams in the same city in the different leagues/conferences:

Baseball:   NY Yankees in AL, NY Mets in NL;   LA Dodgers in NL, LA/Anaheim  Angels in AL.    Chicago Cubs in NL, Chicago White Sox in AL

Football:   NY Giants NFC, NY Jets  AFC;   now LA Rams NFC, LA Chargers AFC.     At the time "crosstown  SFO 49ers and Oakland Raiders in opposite conferences.

The NHL and NBA probably do it better,  but heretofore, nothing really came of the "same city" rivals...as least in NBA.   Knicks/Nets, not really a thing.  Nor were the Lakers/Clippers....BUT...this year that particular rivalry was looking to really heat up...as each seemed to be the best two teams in the  Western Conference.   But...the fucking Coronavirus has put a damper on that.   Maybe, maybe it can be revived if they get back to playing.   (I know there are crosstown teams in NHL...but I am not sure how hot the rivalries are there)

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

GO BUCKEYES

O H

I-O❣

• Haha 1