THE BROWNS BOARD

Donovan Peoples-Jones

MLD Woody

Did someone say Donovan Peoples Jones ?🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

Are you confusing him with Nico Collins? 

I liked Nico but he stayed in school. 

DJP had the crucial drop in the end zone. 

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Are you confusing him with Ronnie Bell?

Nico had a great game against OSU in 18. I recall a great 50/50 ball near or at the goalline.  They contained him in 19 because Okudah and safety help and just an overall concerted effort to shut him down.

Id love to snag him in 21 

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Marino

Harris

Crabbs

PROS: Wonderful blend of size, hands, ball skills and athleticism. Erratic quarterback play at Michigan allowed him to showcase his ability to make adjustments to off-target throws and snatch the football securely outside of his frame. Can scoop out the low throw but also work back across his momentum to pluck the football. Natural ball tracking skills. Outstanding body control and balance to win in contested situations and hang on through contact. Does a great job of extending throwing windows and he offers an exciting catch radius. Fluid athlete that has easy acceleration and he glides once he opens up his stride. Love how he stacks and creates leverage as a route-runner. Vertical cuts are seamless. Has some post-catch ability to create yardage for himself. Sees the field well and he has the ability to break tackles. Competes like an alpha. Has two career punt return touchdowns and they were spectacular. 

CONS: Lacks dynamic twitch and quickness in short areas. Frequent reps from the slot granted him free releases and he needs to prove/develop his ability to clear press coverage. Would like to see him get his hands more consistently involved early in his stem. 

BEST TRAIT - Ball Skills

WORST TRAIT - Short Area Quickness

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Hakeem Nicks 

Donovan Peoples-Jones didn’t quite have the production at Michigan given his status as a five-star recruit and No. 1 wide receiver in his class coming out of high school. That said, his quarterback play has been dreadful and it limited his ability to be more productive. Peoples-Jones has many qualities that make him an appealing NFL prospect and likely a better pro than college player. His hands, ball skills, size and athletic ability all shine on tape. There’s no questioning his ability to adjust to the football and pluck it with consistency. His body control and concentration along the sidelines and in contested situations are outstanding. The biggest concern with Peoples-Jones at the next level is how consistently he can beat press coverage and if he has enough quick-twitch qualities to be a consistent separator. Peoples-Jones is best utilized as a big slot that can also help his team as a returner. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Well everything I see says he is a project and a potential high reward one at that 

Just the sort of flier you take in the 6th round, now let’s hope he works out 

And, if he don't, maybe the two WRs we pick up as UDFAs will.   Little risk. 

28 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Nico had a great game against OSU in 18. I recall a great 50/50 ball near or at the goalline.  They contained him in 19 because Okudah and safety help and just an overall concerted effort to shut him down.

Id love to snag him in 21 

No you said DPJ had a "crucial drop in the endzone". The big endzone drop last year was Ronnie Bell at the end of the PSU game.

And yes, Nico should tear it up next year. Second year of Gattis's offense should help a lot.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

No you said DPJ had a "crucial drop in the endzone". The big endzone drop last year was Ronnie Bell at the end of the PSU game.

And yes, Nico should tear it up next year. Second year of Gattis's offense should help a lot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-michigan/college/michigan/football/reactions-and-analysis-to-michigan-football-loss-to-ohio-state-jim-harbaugh-don-brown

Nope

An awful lot of feelings in this thread for a WR who never had a 100-yard receiving game in all of college.  Looks like a camp casualty to me.

He has trouble catching the ball and makes up for that by not being able to get open.

Or, as nfl.com casually describes, "Play speed is very gradual and non-threatening."

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Oh, yeah, he had one OSU DB in his pocket and another hit him from the front as we tried to catch it.

I mean, yes, its technically a drop, but it was good defense too.

Just now, Unsympathetic said:

An awful lot of feelings in this thread for a WR who never had a 100-yard receiving game in all of college.  Looks like a camp casualty to me

Oh, he will compete with Tywan Taylor, Ratley,  Hodge,  Montgomery etc. for a backup job...and whomever they sign as UDFA