THE BROWNS BOARD

UDFA tracker

LBC mike

when ya get some time.. throw some tape on of this Benny Lemay kid from Ogun U of Charlotte.. kid may have a slow in burst..but he shows the patience in the ZBS, with the good vision👀 of Matthew Dayes... 

33 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

He is on the smaller size for a DE.

Definite LB at next level... and was listed as LB everywhere else I found him.

35 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

when ya get some time.. throw some tape on of this Benny Lemay kid from Ogun U of Charlotte.. kid may have a slow in burst..but he shows the patience in the ZBS, with the good vision👀 of Matthews Dayes... 

Links, please... :)

35 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Links, please... :)

youtube up any 2020 Shrine Bowl on lemay..Lemay owns the 2020 MVP 🏆 

can read a block & got the catching hands too, brah...(bonus! watch the smear the QB queer at :26 seconds) 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That's the place you take RBs. Late

By and large I did not think RBs were over-drafted this year... at least most were not significantly so.

One may be Taylor to Indy in early 2nd, but that's only if his fumble issues continue and if his hands don't get softer. Rivers is used to having good set of receiving RBs in LAC. That's two sizeable "ifs" for a Round 2 guy.

Biggest overreach to my eye looks to be Dillon to GB late in the 2nd. Guy was nowhere near that highly graded on most of the reference sites at which I looked , e.g., DraftScout had him as a 4th. However, an even bigger issue looks to be scheme fit.

I was on Dillon early for us, but then read a couple accounts about his lack of fit for WZS offenses... that he was not a decisive, read and one-cut RB, but rather a guy who needed a hole to be where it was supposed to be, i.e. a man/gap/power game RB. And LeFleur is definitely a WZS disciple.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

By and large I did not think RBs were over-drafted this year... at least most were not significantly so.

One may be Taylor to Indy in early 2nd, but that's only if his fumble issues continue and if his hands don't get softer. Rivers is used to having good set of receiving RBs in LAC. That's two sizeable "ifs" for a Round 2 guy.

Biggest overreach to my eye looks to be Dillon to GB late in the 2nd. Guy was nowhere near that highly graded on most of the reference sites at which I looked , e.g., DraftScout had him as a 4th. However, an even bigger issue looks to be scheme fit.

I was on Dillon early for us, but then read a couple accounts about his lack of fit for WZS offenses... that he was not a decisive, read and one-cut RB, but rather a guy who needed a hole to be where it was supposed to be, i.e. a man/gap/power game RB. And LeFleur is definitely a WZS disciple.

Dillon is an absolute animal though. He'd be a great compliment to a shiftier guy

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Dillon is an absolute animal though. He'd be a great compliment to a shiftier guy

Unless he's TR2... ;)

Apparently we like AJ Green a lot!

At least enough to outbid someone else...

Browns give undrafted CB A.J. Green a whopping bonus to sign

The Cleveland Browns signed A.J. Green to a record-setting deal. No, not that A.J. Green…

This A.J. Green is a cornerback from Oklahoma State who went undrafted in the 2020 draft. Green signed with the Browns after the draft for an unprecedented amount of guaranteed money in his UDFA contract. Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, the Browns gave Green a $145,000 guarantee.

That’s the highest figure ever reported for an undrafted player fresh after the draft. The figures are unofficial until the deal is actually signed.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/26/browns-give-undrafted-cb-a-j-green-a-whopping-bonus-to-sign/

Hope we signed our other UDFAs first... :o

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

youtube up any 2020 Shrine Bowl on lemay..Lemay owns the 2020 MVP 🏆 

can read a block & got the catching hands too, brah...(bonus! watch the smear the QB queer at :26 seconds) 

Wow that 2nd run in the 2nd video!!!  Very shifty.

He has that Maurice Jones Drew build. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I would take a flyer on Benito Jones DT Ole Miss and Nick Coe Edge Auburn. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

4 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Offense

• My darkhorse-QB, Gordon, signed with Seattle.
  • Doesn't have Herrien signed with us?
  • Mack and Victor signed with NYG.
  • Vandy TE, Pinlney, signed with ATL.
  • Our OT, Tatlor, isn't even listed?

Defense

• LSU's Divinity is still out there... 👀
  • Tour last-round, sim-fav Benito is still there? Agree, Ag... why not?
  • Thought MSU-LB, Bachie, would be picked up by now.
  • Safties Reed (UGA) and Dorn (UNC) have both been signed... I was really surprised Reed wasn't drafted.
  • Doesn't have CB, AJ Green signed with us?

Do we have a paperwork problem? I know that worked well for us one-upon-a-time, but...

On 4/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, Tour2ma said:

Reddit poster found a George Obinna highlight reel on IG...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_VHUxZpqD2/?igshid=m3wxtvlyanxq

Poster also mentioned that he did not start playing football until his Sr year of HS.

I just took a few minutes to watch Obinna’s highlight video, and holy hell he looks like a man among boys. If OLinemen are lard asses, that dude is a boiling hot enema. 

• Haha 1

I pulled Nate Wieting’s name out of a hat and did a little poking around the web. He’s our UDFA TE from Iowa. I found a cut up of a game he played against USC. Posted below.

I’m not sure why this is the one game someone picked to highlight him. I wonder if a jaded ex girlfriend made it or something. His pass blocking doesn’t look good. Run blocking maybe slightly better. I counted he was 1 for 2 on catches. I’m simply not sure what exactly he does well.

Edit: at least he recovered the fumble he caused.

Roster 90 maybe in flux for a bit.. but the DBN reported counts look right..just not all have spotrac'd signed yet.. 75 on roster plus 15 UDFA's= hits 90 allowed..from the 2 sites..we need to figure out if Memphis-LB-Austin Hall has committed? OR Liberity-S-Elijah Benson has? were 1 off from 2 sites

Browns OC/QB coach Alex Van Pelt..I had forgotten that he was still on the Bengals coaching staff coaching the South at the Senior Bowl...TE-Harrison Bryant//OT-Alex Taylor//and CB-AJ Green all played on the South Team..  still udfa..DT Benito Jones was also in the South room with Van Pelt...  

• Thanks 2

145k may have been higher than UDFA before this year; however, it was only the 3rd highest given to a UDFA this season.

Top 5 this season, each of which is likely a record over prior seasons

Jacksonville Jaguars: cornerback Lui Barcoo - $180K
New England Patriots: linebacker Skuta Harris - $150K
Dallas Cowboys: cornerback Ron'Dell Carter - $145K
Cleveland Browns: cornerback A.J. Green - $145K
New England Patriots: linebacker DeJohn Harris - $140K

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

145k may have been higher than UDFA before this year; however, it was only the 3rd highest given to a UDFA this season.

Top 5 this season, each of which is likely a record over prior seasons

Jacksonville Jaguars: cornerback Lui Barcoo - $180K
New England Patriots: linebacker Skuta Harris - $150K
Dallas Cowboys: cornerback Ron'Dell Carter - $145K
Cleveland Browns: cornerback A.J. Green - $145K
New England Patriots: linebacker DeJohn Harris - $140K

Interesting. I wonder if this will be a new norm, or signs of what a deep draft it was, or if this is pandemic related?  

Article on Alex Taylor. The author is high on the OT UDFA from SC State. He apparently is a tall long armed drink of water. Best line from the article:

“Taylor is as raw as sashimi, but guys with his wingspan, strength, and mobility all rolled into one don't come around often.”

https://www.12up.com/posts/this-undrafted-free-agent-is-guaranteed-to-make-the-browns-01e769e03ap4/partners/40734

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Article on Alex Taylor. The author is high on the OT UDFA from SC State. He apparently is a tall long armed drink of water. Best line from the article:

“Taylor is as raw as sashimi, but guys with his wingspan, strength, and mobility all rolled into one don't come around often.”

https://www.12up.com/posts/this-undrafted-free-agent-is-guaranteed-to-make-the-browns-01e769e03ap4/partners/40734

I think in our BB mock draft I selected him somewhere in the  5th or 6th round.    I know that Tour was high on him....for what that's worth.  I think Tia liked him as well.   If he is what those guys think he is, he could be a bona fide keeper. 

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think in our BB mock draft I selected him somewhere in the  5th or 6th round.    I know that Tour was high on him....for what that's worth.  I think Tia liked him as well.   If he is what those guys think he is, he could be a bona fide keeper. 

If nothing else, a good development piece. 

Wouldn't say I was "high on him"... I generally don't like OTs over 6'5. I never laid eyes on the kid.

What I did say was that I was "intrigued" by accounts I'd read of Taylor. Intrigued enough to take a 7th-round flyer on him so I'm delighted to see him coming to camp on a UDFA contract.

This years’ “prospect X” was revealed to be Matt Cole, a wideout and special teams dynamo from McKendree University in Illinois. He got picked up as a UDFA by Miami. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/04/29/deepest-sleeper-of-nfl-draft-prospect-x-identity-team-reveal

Our own Drew Forbes was “prospect X” last year. The designation is meant to be the deepest sleeper in the draft.

Browns sign 15 undrafted free agents, including CB A.J. Green and WR Tony Brown

Updated May 05, 2020; Posted May 05, 2020

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns GM Andrew Berry added 15 undrafted free agents to the 2020 rookie class.

The rookies will join the Browns’ seven draft picks in a virtual rookie camp May 8-10.

The list of undrafted free agents includes Oklahoma State cornerback A.J. Green and Colorado wide receiver Tony Brown. It features eight offensive players and seven defensive players. The positions include four defensive backs, a pair of defensive linemen, running backs, offensive linemen and wide receivers, as well as a single linebacker, quarterback and tight end.

Browns undrafted rookies

Browns undrafted free agents bios from the Browns release here https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/05/browns-sign-15-undrafted-free-agents-including-cb-aj-green-and-wr-tony-brown.html

Did a little video watching on our new QB, Princeton's Kevin Davidson (#10), this AM vs. Brown, Harvard, Dartmouth. No full game tape yet, but plenty of game highlight tapes.

Not seeing the "strong arm"... lot of touch passes, but accuracy seems decent even when under pressure. So far only one bonehead throw.

Here's the Brown game. Others appear in the queue...