THE BROWNS BOARD

Grant Delpit

Ibleedbrown

I believe it’s BB tradition to give each draftee a thread. Here’s some starting material for one Grant Delpit. Some video:

Stats n such:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/grant-delpit-1.html

An article discussing past highly drafted safeties by the Browns all the way back to Eric (hits like Ike) Turner:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beaconjournal.com/sports/20200424/browns-need-grant-delpit-to-be-best-safety-since-first-pick-by-bill-belichick%3ftemplate=ampart

lots of deep digging still left to do here.. but I don't agree with the reports of us seeing another Damarious Randall lite here..

Add in the factor that we traded down with the Colts from #41 to Pick #44 passing on RB-Jonathan Taylor (#44 Leroy Kelly?)/WR-Shenault jr/ TE-Kmet

We added with the Delpit pick, the 2nd Colts 5th round pick.. that we never had at pick #160...

so I'd still call this some unfinished business at this point.. till trade is finished off ...

and Than tell Me Something G👀D!! 🤞

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

lots of deep digging still left to do here.. but I don't agree with the reports of us seeing another Damarious Randall lite here..

Add in the factor that we traded down with the Colts from #41 to Pick #44 passing on RB-Jonathan Taylor (#44 Leroy Kelly?)/WR-Shenault jr/ TE-Kmet

We added with the Delpit pick, the 2nd Colts 5th round pick.. that we never had at pick #160...

so I'd still call this some unfinished business at this point.. till trade is finished off ...

and Than tell Me Something G👀D!! 🤞

Didn't need a RB though, unless they were gonna trade Hunt. 

10 hours ago, Icecube said:

Didn't need a RB though, unless they were gonna trade Hunt. 

I think we may have landed a UDFA keeper in UGA's Herrien.

Grant Delpit opens with 3rd-best odds to win Defensive Rookie of the Year

Grant Delpit fell all the way to the No. 44 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. When the Browns picked the LSU safety in the middle of the second round, Delpit became the 19th defensive player to come off the board.

Yet the early odds for Defensive Rookie of the Year from BetMGM and other outlets have Delpit pegged in the top five candidates to win. After No. 2 overall pick Chase Young and No. 8 overall Isaiah Simmons, Delpit is next on the list. He’s got the same +1500 odds as No. 3 overall pick, Jeff Okudah, and Buffalo’s second-round pick at No. 54, A.J. Epenesa.

image.png.6d222d21fe303449b0a29fe5b57c99ba.png

Delpit has better odds to win than Xavier McKinney, a fellow SEC safety taken earlier in the second round.

It’s a reflection on both the talent Delpit brings but also the opportunity to get on the field and make an immediate impact in Cleveland.