THE BROWNS BOARD

2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Dutch Oven

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Hope isn't a strategy, counter drafting is.  I'm going to want another big body on my defensive interior to deal with their hogs now.

We got Elliot, didn't we?  Doesn't he count? 

To the Browns credit, the AFC North as a whole has hit a home run draft IMHO. 

It's going to be an absolute warzone of a division again really soon.

Agree, we just need to get better. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Mumble rap is just horrific. Listen to any nonsensical mumble rap, then listen to Tupac. The difference is startling. 

He's next on my list... along with Snoop.

Started with NWA, Ice Cube and Dre... added Beasties and Eminem...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... Dye to the Vikes... :(

Shit.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

3 tech disruptor.  I want another "classic" nose.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

You haven't listened to the Beatie Boys before?  Christ.

Em is alright, talented but only 8 or so songs I like.  If I may make a suggestion - Run The Jewels,  Lupe' Fiasco and Kanye's 1st, 2nd and 3rd albums.     All a great combination of social commentary, classic vibe, self critique and good fun.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Wait... am I correct that you mean you are actively checking out rap artists? Like delving into their catalogues? 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

You haven't listened to the Beatie Boys before?  Christ.

lol... only vicariously when my daughter was in HS... License to Ill was in her regular rotation.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Country isn't country anymore.  It's 2 chord pop bullshit where 80% of the songs are basically about drinking and driving.

Problem is, the yeehaw crowd can't seem to realize their genre has become overproduced pop music.    Same thing happened to hip-hop.    Both used to have a very "raw" sound.   Now 90% of what comes out is trash.    2020 rap and country are damn near the exact same thing anymore.

I call it “fiddle pop”. It’s basically pop music with instrumentation that favors scooping up or down to notes like a fiddle or pedal steel, and the singer is required to do the same by adding syllables and lots of Ws and Ys so the “sownd liyeek thiyus”.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wait... am I correct that you mean you are actively checking out rap artists? Like delving into their catalogues? 

Building slowly after Hamilton opened my ears to the possibilities of what was there... that plus the movie, Straight Outta Compton.

Have found that some, especially Cube, make great road trip material for the 6th thru 10th hours of "man-does-my-ass-hurt" driving to see the Grandkids...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Have found that some, especially Cube, make great road trip material for the 6th thru 10th hours of driving to see the Grandkids...

Yeah, nothing says "pappy made the trip" like rolling out the car and telling the kids "dropping bombs on ya moms, fuck car alarms". 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Ben Bredeson to Ratbirds.

All these mammoths guards coming to the AFC North.   Trench warfare, boys.  

Harbaugh sayin'... "ZBS? ZBS! We don't need no sinkin' ZBS!"

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... only vicariously when my daughter was in HS... License to Ill was in her regular rotation.

I guess I am lucky,  my kids were not into rap all that much.  Maybe a small bit, but not so much as to be obnoxious.  

My son did go for the Gorillaz I recall.  Not rap. 

take my wife...am 8 bags into mulching, cause i took a break on luke bryan...Some Molly Hatchett.."dreams I'll never see"... could have saved me & many browns fans..break we still got 150?

Just now, The Gipper said:

I guess I am lucky,  my kids were not into rap all that much.  Maybe a small bit, but not so much as to be obnoxious.  

My son did go for the Gorillaz I recall.  Not rap. 

Fucking love some Gorillaz.  Such a weird but fun blend of music.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

take my wife...am 8 bags into mulching, cause i took a break on luke bryan...Some Molly Hatchett.."dreams I'll never see"... could have saved me & many browns fans..break we still got 150?

• Thanks 1