THE BROWNS BOARD

Jed Wills

tiamat63

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10? 

Wirfs to play guard 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Wirfs to play guard 

You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Let's say the Browns had made that trade... their 5th this season, a 3rd next for Trent Williams. 

Who would have you wanted the Browns to take at #10?  

All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...

I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...

... which in turn sets up my late third round differently... although Phillips might be able to handle the Will as well.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You would use the #10 overall pick on a guard?

Considering your love of the front office leading the charge on analytics, this is surprising and honestly a little baffling. 

Well I would have traded back but that wasn’t an option in your question....

Skins took Scherf a lot higher than 10, it’s happened before 

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

All I see scrolling down the Round 1 page worthy of the pick are WRs... Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs... of these Ruggs looks like the game breaker to me. But...

I'm all over the phone taking trade down offers... best offer I get so long as it keeps me in front of LAC so I can land Murray...

... which in turn sets up my late third round differently.

That's what I ended up with too... trade down and get Murray. If I couldn't trade down, I might have considered Jeudy. 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

If you could have traded back, who would you have targeted? 

9 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Schreff was taken as a tackle originally.  It was his poor performance at tackle that lead to him being kicked inside.

That’s not how I remember it but you might well be right 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

According to Urban Dictionary that move is called: "The Robert Gallery". 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

If the Redskins could go back and redraft, would they still take him in your opinion? 

He’s been a very good guard for them hasn’t he?

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

If the Redskins could go back and redraft, would they still take him in your opinion? 

He’s been a very good guard for them hasn’t he?

- Yes, but not at 5. 

- Yes, but again, not at the position he was originally drafted.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

It was.  Taken top 5 and played tackle at Iowa. Couldn't beat out Morgan Moses on the right side of the line.  Moved inside before the start of the season.

Difference with Scherff being that Gallery... taken 2nd overall... was only so-so at OG as well.

In an at best semi-related matter...

Looks like we weren't the only one to help lower WSH's ask for Trent Williams...

Joe Staley, SF's stud OT, held up his retirement announcement until after the deal was done...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Joe-Staley-announces-retirement-My-15226228.php

Well played, Mr. Lynch...

• Upvote 1

Joe Thomas stated in numerous interviews that he had Wills and Beckton as his #1 and #2.  Beckton was only #2 because his ceiling could be higher. 

Thought Wills had the best technique and was the most ready to play and be great from day 1.  Huge praise and a nice vote of confidence coming from the GOAT. 

Wills should be rock solid,  and with Conklin.... No more excuse for baker to be crap.  

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 5:13 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Let's say the Browns had made that trade..........for Trent Williams. 

Trent Williams was like a dark cloud over my head for months.  They DIDN'T make that trade.....and I got my shiny, new OT.  At a good price.   I'm happy.

Could he be a bust?  Sure.  Or....he might have one next to Joe Thomas in Canton.

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

This is the eye-discipline/vision moment in the Kolman vid.

image.png.bba70de557d88d57d71874a81caae9a3.png

It was Wills' vision that jumped off the screen throughout various game tapes that impressed me like no other lineman I've seen. It's even more evident in his downfield blocking on run plays when you look at a full game focus on him alone. I think we got the perfect tackle for the offense and the runners we have to execute that part of it. And the added plus of pass pro for the extra second or two that Baker needs to get the ball further downfield on target. Now if we can just get this damn virus to cooperate!

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

comparing Wills vs Wirfs pretty cool

Almost as cool as it was the first couple times it was posted... ;)

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Trent Williams was like a dark cloud over my head for months.  They DIDN'T make that trade.....and I got my shiny, new OT.  At a good price.   I'm happy.

Could he be a bust?  Sure.  Or....he might have one next to Joe Thomas in Canton.

Rest easy... There's not a drop of "bust" in this kid. Nice floor under him.

Ceiling? Not sure it's Joe T high, but there's some room there to grow.

• Thanks 1