THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft rounds 2 and 3

darren15

30 minutes ago, Orion said:

If McKinney would fall to us that would be great.

the next three picks, two in the third round are priceless. In my stupid mock, I drafted Kyle Dugger and Logan Wilson with two picks in the second round after a trade down. 

Which, btw, I thank the Cleveland Browns and God for Wills being there at 10 !!!

You add Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, who I hadn't even heard of back then, lol,

I think there will be a run on safeties - McKinney, Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, and Kyle Dugger (in that order/..). I think one of those three will

be a Cleveland Brown.

Then there's Logan Wilson. Some mocks have him in the second, some the third, even to the Browns. Me, I would be tempted to trade back up into the second round to be drafting Logan Wilson. Then there is Malik Harrison, him too.

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Not that  Berry may not do that.....but NO  I do not wish for that to happen.    I think we can get a very quality player at 41.    And we need quality players more than we need depth.  

If we can get a bona fide big time safety or  LB here....that is the best course of action. 

Trading down out of the second is a very bad idea, imho. I'd be happier using a third and ? to trade back up into the second. I think we need to get our lb and safety in the second. If our lb lasted til our pick in the third, I'd do a happy dance all around our farm.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the next three picks, two in the third round are priceless. In my stupid mock, I drafted Kyle Dugger and Logan Wilson with two picks in the second round after a trade down. 

Which, btw, I thank the Cleveland Browns and God for Wills being there at 10 !!!

You add Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, who I hadn't even heard of back then, lol,

I think there will be a run on safeties - McKinney, Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, and Kyle Dugger (in that order/..). I think one of those three will

be a Cleveland Brown.

Then there's Logan Wilson. Some mocks have him in the second, some the third, even to the Browns. Me, I would be tempted to trade back up into the second round to be drafting Logan Wilson. Then there is Malik Harrison, him too.

Well, here is the problem, perhaps with your mock.....you are competing against yourself.

In our BB mock, we competed against others.   I had the Browns.  I took Wirfs.  The reason I took Wirfs instead of Wills was that Wills was already taken.

In the second round I took  Antoine Winfield Jr. at 41 at safety:    Delpit/McKinney/Dugger  were all gone by that time.  Davis and Chinn were still there.  Chinn didn't go til round 3.  Davis went two picks after Winfield. 

Point is, it seems that the Browns will be in much better position to have multiple choices at S at 41 than I did in our mock. 

7 hours ago, darren15 said:

My fave draft day......lots of talent still on the board....

Yup... the day when starting line ups are made...

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Totally agree - this is the make or break day and Browns need to finally make it with their 3 picks. We need 3 more home runs to go with our first out of the park pick. Most fun day of the draft IMO.

Ehhhhhh.... one could be a triple and still have me dancing til dawn...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

1:07 watch the hands and take off on the outside against a guy that just went in the first round

lol.... he owned Jackson all game. That is Epe's one move... the hard straight arm to the breast plate.

Just means Jackson was over-drafted.

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Watched Gallimore at OU and I wasn’t overly impressed with his total play.  He had flashes but wasn’t a sustained contributor.  Also seemed to have a lot of near miss backfield tackles.  I’m typically a Sooner guy but I wouldn’t look ahead of 115

What kind of rotation was he in? Was fatigue a factor?

Agree with the above...

McKinney, Delpit, Chinn, Winfield, Davis, Duggar... all go in succession. How early tonite? Dunno... but hard to see more than two making it to Round 3.

• There are leftover RBs, CBs and WRs who are going to go early.
  • LBs are going to get picked over early as well... LB class is just thin.
  • IDL and IOL get pushed down some...

I think we have a shot at Chinn at 41... then it's going to a long, anxious wait for our 3rd round pick.

19 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

If Josh Jones is still on the board at 41.. do we dare go OL back-to-back and make him the swing tackle to eventually replace Conklin in 2022?   

I'd pull that finger.. We just went to a move-oriented rushing attack and .. wouldn't you know it, that's Jones' strength.

Uhhh No.

24 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

If Josh Jones is still on the board at 41.. do we dare go OL back-to-back and make him the swing tackle to eventually replace Conklin in 2022?   

I'd pull that finger.. We just went to a move-oriented rushing attack and .. wouldn't you know it, that's Jones' strength.

I’d consider it. Shore up the Oline for years to come. Probably a bad idea though since the defense really needs attention.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree with the above...

McKinney, Delpit, Chinn, Winfield, Davis, Duggar... all go in succession. How early tonite? Dunno... but hard to see more than two making it to Round 3

• LBs are going to get picked over early as well... LB class is just thin

agree!  I've rolled thru some teams rosters & pending contracts at ILB & out..and I wonder if Berry has a savvy plan of flipping pick down with a team. than maybe include, trade a piece for a piece at ILB elsewhere?

imo, Malik Harrison is a real hope now not* getting to the 3rd round.. 

no crying in my beer...plenty of good talent can be had tonight in several ways..

*Just what we need?..how bout 100 more media best available? https://pff.com/news/draft-ranking-the-100-best-available-2020-nfl-draft-prospects   

Berry... " Depo, hold my Beer! "🍺

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lol.... he owned Jackson all game. That is Epe's one move... the hard straight arm to the breast plate.

Just means Jackson was over-drafted.

What kind of rotation was he in? Was fatigue a factor?

Early on he struggled to make a real impact on a lackluster DL.  Last year there was a bit of fatigue because he was featured much more. 

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’d consider it. Shore up the Oline for years to come. Probably a bad idea though since the defense really needs attention.

as much as I've been a Jones fan - after Thomas... (and now Wills)... nope. The quality of wr/lb/s is too solid in the second round - the Browns need lb help. I can see McKinney, Tiam's Chinn and Dugger.  I'm just not that big a fan of Delpit and (Ashton) Davis. Winfield is outstanding, but I have trouble with him only being 5'9". I know, "honey badger". One of those three safeties, and if Logan Wilson could just be there for the Browns in the third round... that would rock.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Only sport for months maybe

Just shows how much sports is a part of life and was missed.

GO BROWNS, rock on......baby !

A little look back and ahead:

Round 1 (No. 10 overall) -- Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama: Wills manned the right side in Tuscaloosa (Tua Tagovailoa's blind side) but will likely play on the left in Cleveland, a problem area ever since Joe Thomas played his final game in 2017. Draft tracker

Round 2 (41)

Round 3 (74)

Round 3 (97, compensatory from Texans)

Round 4 (115)

Round 6 (187, from Cardinals)

Round 7 (244, from Packers)

Cleveland Browns' last five top draft picks: 

• 2019 (No. 46 overall): Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
  • 2018 (No. 1 overall): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
  • 2017 (No. 1 overall): Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
  • 2016 (No. 15 overall): Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
  • 2015 (No. 12 overall): Danny Shelton, NT, Washington