THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft rounds 2 and 3

darren15

If they say teams don't draft for primary needs? Well the draftnetwork just nailed primary needs to the tune of 2 of 21 teams I've tracked👀 (to Philly)

#8 Zona took a secondary need taking bpa Simmons..While Dallas took a secondary need in WR bpa CeeDee Lamb...

Let's continue to see what they see in needs next?

#33-Bengals--Edge/WR/LB/IOL/OT/IDL

#34-Colts*--prime-WR/QB/IDL

#35-Detroit--LB/EDGE/OL/S/WR

#36-NYG--LB/EDGE/S/WR/CB

#37-Pats-QB/WR/EDGE/IOL/TE

#38-Car--QB/CB/OL/S/LB

#39-Mia.--Edge/IOL/RB/S

#40-Texans*-- EDGE/IDL/IOL/OT

#41 BROWNS--S/IOL/LB/IDL/EDGE

Jags/Bears 1st pick/Colts/TB/Den/ATL... in order, sit next in line after pick #41

NOW! it maybe time to match some more names with some team needs

DO WE MOVE UP? DOWN? or JUST SIT like a good DAWG-IE.......Good luck playing GM Guessing !  

best available are all over the road..but maybe start here https://espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable    

So where do we move on day two? Here's a "best players available" link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110697/article/2020-nfl-draft-best-remaining-prospects-available

I'll tell ya, if Tee Higgins is there at #41 that's a super interesting one to me. I think Epenesa is a potential high-impact guy as well. Biggest need overall to me right now without a doubt though is OLB help.

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There's a reason Espenesa was mocked in every 1st round but wasn't taken when GM's were making the call.

Hard pass for me.

Curious to what you mean by that. TBH having a 4 month old kid working remote has lead to..less than usual draft research. Does seem like a boom or bust prospect, which I'm fine with taking latter round two/early round three.

6 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Curious to what you mean by that. TBH having a 4 month old kid working remote has lead to..less than usual draft research. Does seem like a boom or bust prospect, which I'm fine with taking latter round two/early round three.

Zero speed to threaten the edge.    My thoughts from a few months ago...

posted February 19     Maybe it's just me but another name I'm rather underwhelmed by is Epenesa.  

Posted February 19

He just can't threaten the edge and moving inside doesn't necessarily make it a good solution by any stretch.    Not a hell of a lot of 280lb defensive interiors in the NFL that were worth a top 15 pick.   And to just say "put on 20lbs" isn't always a solution for improved play either.  See;  Winn, Billy.

Basically I didn't see the "rush" in edge rush.    Seems like 31 other GM's saw the "lack of" that I did as well.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

My fave draft day......lots of talent still on the board....

Totally agree - this is the make or break day and Browns need to finally make it with their 3 picks. We need 3 more home runs to go with our first out of the park pick. Most fun day of the draft IMO.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Let's continue to see what they see in needs next?

#33-Bengals--Edge/WR/LB/IOL/OT/IDL   could take small trade down, to several teams whom has a dying need for McKinney.. Tackle DE & DT both still there?

#34-Colts*--prime-WR/QB/IDL  could trade or DT/WR

#35-Detroit--LB/EDGE/OL/S/WR Brun?/DE/T/S all still there

#36-NYG--LB/EDGE/S/WR/CB good group to choose from

#37-Pats-QB/WR/EDGE/IOL/TE trading Bill? see's QB/TE1?

#38-Car--QB/CB/OL/S/LB  watching Bill? QB/TE? most needs besides DT, no reach here. I mocked I.Simmons & Blacklock here..U big Dummies!

#39-Mia.--Edge/IOL/RB/S  You'd be a fool not to get that RB off the board..bye TAYLOR

#40-Texans*-- EDGE/IDL/IOL/OT should have loaded up with more picks after Hop to get up...Ezra Cleveland please to Bill O'Whine'n

#41 BROWNS--S/IOL/LB/IDL/EDGE  Well if were playing with the espn board?  Chinny Chinny Chinn might just still be there..LB or Edge not a surprise either.Might want to jump Gettleman to Lions if McKinney is a Berry target?

Jags/Bears 1st pick/Colts/TB/Den/ATL... in order, sit next in line after pick #41

NOW! it maybe time to match some more names with some team needs

DO WE MOVE UP? DOWN? or JUST SIT like a good DAWG-IE.......Good luck playing GM Guessing !  

best available are all over the road..but maybe start here https://espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable    

Epenesa looked just fine toying with Austin Jackson in the Holiday Bowl on his way to Defensive MVP honors for the game.

id take him at 41 if he’s there.  He’s not twitchy but he’s got the speed/size/strength combo 

if you want a different type of athlete around the corner and more in coverage you take Baun.

1a and 1b for me.

i think one of the safeties We are all mentioning fall to the third round for us.  We need a front 7 piece with this pick in the 2nd 

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Damn, was about to edit my post and say him as well.  Good catch.

I know you mentioned him a few weeks ago.  I like him a lot too.  I don’t think he’s necessarily a luxury pick but I know we have greater needs. 

I follow college recruiting a lot Gallimore and Epenesa were both highly recruited.  I know Gallimore stung pretty badly when he turned away the Buckeyes for Okie 

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I know you mentioned him a few weeks ago.  I like him a lot too.  I don’t think he’s necessarily a luxury pick but I know we have greater needs. 

I follow college recruiting a lot Gallimore and Epenesa were both highly recruited.  I know Gallimore stung pretty badly when he turned away the Buckeyes for Okie 

Yeah, I remember the name.  Pretty sure he was the Canadian kid that went out to the midwest?  Which I thought was weird given that it's about 3 hours or so to the border from Columbus (depending on how you drive)

As for Epenesa, we'll just have to agree to disagree.  I don't think Austin Jackson was a worthy 1st round investment as an OT, so AJ getting the best of him in the bowl game really doesn't elevate either any higher in my mind.   

But we've got the same mindset on Gallimore and, looking at the pick structure, the only real team ahead of us I could see taking him is Detroit.   Actually, the run that could be coming would be DB's, RB's and LB's, Nelville might continue to fall a bit.    It's entirely possible he's there at the top of the 3rd which would be kind of head scratching to me, but GM's do weird shit all the time as we saw last night.

30 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Neville Gallimore too.  
Obi insurance is case we lose him next year.

He would fit in nicely in the rotation too

Watched Gallimore at OU and I wasn’t overly impressed with his total play.  He had flashes but wasn’t a sustained contributor.  Also seemed to have a lot of near miss backfield tackles.  I’m typically a Sooner guy but I wouldn’t look ahead of 115

11 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Trade down, pick up extra picks . With no picks in the 5th round you can get OLB, CB, G ,S before 5th round begins 

Not that  Berry may not do that.....but NO  I do not wish for that to happen.    I think we can get a very quality player at 41.    And we need quality players more than we need depth.  

If we can get a bona fide big time safety or  LB here....that is the best course of action.