THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Grades

darren15

When I look at the guys they drafted - they all have a work ethic, love for the game, and character to fit in with the rest of the team. Some aren't finished products - if they were, they would go too high for the Browns to have drafted them.

1.10 - OT Jedrick Wills.... A++ Because with Thomas gone, "all he has to do.." is switch to LT. But he is everything you could ask for, except 4 years of LT experience. Joe Thomas was delighted, so, that gets an extra +. Joe Thomas raved over Wills - he says there is NOTHING he can't do.

2.44 - S Grant Delpit ....... A+ . The kid played on an injured ankle. that makes him a Football Player - he loves it. I admire that. And he may very well be the very best safety of the entire bunch. The Browns did their homework - I don't see a problem with it. Of course, I wanted Kyle Dugger, but the slut bucket buttichek took him ahead of the Browns. Did I mention that Jeremy Chinn went later? I wasn't that far off after all.

3.88 - IDL Jordan Elliott... C++... Has serious skills, let him get coached up, and he might really come on.

3.97 - LB Jacob Phillips... B+  OUTSTANDING TACKLER. still learning. Had 40 more tackles than Harrison. Which one will have the better career? Beats me. I like Phillips to defend TE's crossing over the middle better than Harrison. We'll see.

4-115-TE Harrison Bryant A+ He is also a FOOTBALL PLAYER. and very, very smart. tough as nails.  He was first-team Associated Press All-American honors. He won the John Mackey Award as the nation's top tight end. He led all tight ends nationally with 65 receptions for 1,004 yards (15.4 per) while scoring seven times in 12 starts.   He can play out wide vs cb's. He is a tenacious and skilled blocker. Catches the ball, even through contact. I like him better at 4 than Njoku in the first. Until Njoku starts catching the ball and shows me he wants to go to war with his teammates. I LOVE this pick.

5-160 - C Nick Harris ....... B . He plays mean and is fast, and quick laterally. He loves the freaking game, is very smart..and is a warrior. His work ethic will get him stronger. Fifth round back up at center?...I'm great with that.

6-187-WR Peoples-Jones..B- He has the qualities you want in a wr, he plays hard, is tough, fast, and fearless. Returns kicks like a madman. He could really surprise people. It will take time. Might be a huge steal.

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Can't stop you, but...

It was a publicly stated goal of the Sashi led FO that their philosophy was to draft young, talented prospects and that it was the role of the Coaching Staff to develop them. That Berry, a product of that FO, would embrace that philosophy should not come as a surprise.

Well, the truth is, those prospects he drafted nearly universally did not end up being very talented,  and the coaches that were chosen (be they chosen by him or others)  were by no means capable of developing them....whatever their talent level was. 

Now, hopefully, Berry has a much better eye for talent  (and/or much better luck)...and hopefully the coach(es) that was selected for this team are much better at the job of developing young talent than the others we have had.

Jury is out. 

Your 2016 & 2017 updated mid grades are due... https://nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001043069/article/2017-nfl-draft-revisited-grades-for-firstrounders-two-years-in   

and keep your finger, out your eye while looking back at 2015.. https://si.com/nfl/2018/05/29/nfl-draft-grades-2015-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota 

not a chance, we can all agree on all these grades? Whom's grades need a regrade?   

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Got as far as Pick 2, Mitch Trubs, getting a "B-" and lost interest in this article.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

and keep your finger, out your eye while looking back at 2015.. https://si.com/nfl/2018/05/29/nfl-draft-grades-2015-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota 

At least I made it thru this one even tho mentally grading the lists as I scanned them seldom produced the grade at which the article arrived.

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Your 2016 & 2017 updated mid grades are due... https://nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001043069/article/2017-nfl-draft-revisited-grades-for-firstrounders-two-years-in   

not a chance, we can all agree on all these grades? Whom's grades need a regrade?   

I was actually looking for a team grade, not just a grade on individual players. 

Well Harrison Bryant makes Lance Zierlein's top 3 picks per round list. Just for Gip, so did punter Braden Mann (Jets). Fish fry tonight.🎣

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001112469/article/2020-nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-three-favorite-picks-by-round

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well Harrison Bryant makes Lance Zierlein's top 3 picks per round list. Just for Gip, so did punter Braden Mann (Jets). Fish fry tonight.🎣

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001112469/article/2020-nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-three-favorite-picks-by-round

It is not for me.  You are the fish like creature.  You are the one who clings to that guy  with your teeth like you were some kind of lamprey. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is not for me.  You are the fish like creature.  You are the one who clings to that guy  with your teeth like you were some kind of lamprey. 

I don't know how you can still talk with a hook set that deep.🤪

18 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't know how you can talk with this punter's dick in your mouth.......or...is that his foot.   Ahh...I get it now...you have a foot fetish. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's easy when you talk out yo' ass...

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 5:58 AM, Tour2ma said:

Can't stop you, but...

It was a publicly stated goal of the Sashi led FO that their philosophy was to draft young, talented prospects and that it was the role of the Coaching Staff to develop them. That Berry, a product of that FO, would embrace that philosophy should not come as a surprise.

Will Haslam give the FO/coaching staff tandem more than two drafts is as ever the concern 

7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Will Haslam give the FO/coaching staff tandem more than two drafts is as ever the concern 

No blank checks... but I like this tandem's odds.