THE BROWNS BOARD

DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !

Tour2ma

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The pressure is on - how will it go? Will I be happy dancing? Or will I choke on my root beer?

FIRST ROUND 

= Andrew Thomas or trade down and Josh Jones ? I'm happy dancing !

Hopefully I set my root beer down before anything else happens with our first round pick. Unless Simmons falls, but  don't think so. I won't choke on that.

SECOND ROUND

- Will Kyle Dugger get drafted before Tiam's Jeremy Chinn? I'll be happy dancing.

or, I choke on my root beer, and send Tiam an apology - he was right. dammit.

Or, it could be completely different, which it usually is....

However, if they pick a Big quick terrific ball catching WR here, it's understandable, and I won't choke on my root beer at all. It depends.

THIRD ROUND TWO CHOICES

To me, the third is just as critical. one of the two picks has to be Logan Wilson, LB. I actually think that

the other pick is a wide receiver. maybe. or OG.

Now, if the Browns pick Malik Harrison lb, I'm still happy dancing.

The rest of the draft I don't get all worked up.

Winfield or Ashtyn at Safety    over Dugger or Chinn

Sorry,  just prefer to have the guys that are more proven against better competition than those that have played in the AAA or A minor leagues. 

Ummmmmm.... Wheat thins...

Wife is picking up curries from our local, world-class Thai place... green chicken with brown rice for her... pork Panang with white rice for me.

Plus a couple of their spicy beef egg rolls...

Egg rolls plus small bowl of curry for lunch any moment now... larger bowl for dinner.

Wash down both with ice-cold Yuengling...

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So will this be the "official" draft thread?   Or are we going to segment it over the 3 days with an individual thread dedicated to each day?

I will make a rant thread about how little they care about europeans... Come on, 2 hours earlier and you would have a bigger audience worldwide. 

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Winfield or Ashtyn at Safety    over Dugger or Chinn

Sorry,  just prefer to have the guys that are more proven against better competition than those that have played in the AAA or A minor leagues. 

I understand. To me, Winfield doesn't get past the Giants at 36 overall. I figure he won't be there for the Browns in the second round.

Ashytyn is intriguing -  I think I like him better as a cb, who knows.

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Too productive at Safety to go back to CB, IMO...

image.png.f63b44060153d3c8a889764ddbe61fb9.png

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Unless Tiam's Jeremy Chinn gets drafted before Kyle Dugger. lol

Unless somebody gets bold, or dumb (depending on how you view both prospects draft value) that won't be a thing which is settled tonight.   

As for Ashtyn Davis.  Physically VERY gifted and incredibly quick.   Still very raw as a safety who, strictly physically speaking, could be a single high roamer.  He has the speed, decent hips, and range to go sideline to sideline.   But at this moment he doesn't possess the eyes and IQ for it.   Nice thing is, those can be developed in players.  But at what cost are you willing to spend to find out?

edit:  Trying to stay busy throughout the day.  Finishing some of my laundry, watching Ezra Cleveland and switched up the tunes.  I'm a CLE fan, so it has to be classic rock on draft day.  Started with some ACDC,   Bon Scott era though.   Not that I don't appreciate Brian Johnson, but 70's DC is where it's at for me.

39 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Wife is picking up curries from our local, world-class Thai place... green chicken with brown rice for her... pork Panang with white rice for me.

Plus a couple of their spicy beef egg rolls...

Egg rolls plus small bowl of curry for lunch any moment now... larger bowl for dinner.

Wash down both with ice-cold Yuengling...

and she's still going to let you sleep with her? ;) I'd be told to go sleep under your browns 💩blanket...yeah, I woke up feeling-dangerous too.. Taco Bell 🌮 for twelve draft goobers 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

watching Ezra Cleveland...

Did a quick review of all the "top OTs" yesterday... I'm standing pat.

Then I watched more Muti... and I now take him with our 1st pick in Round 3.

43 minutes ago, Nero said:

I will make a rant thread about how little they care about europeans... Come on, 2 hours earlier and you would have a bigger audience worldwide. 

But they believe they would not have a bigger audience  domestically.....

I assume they have been through all the numbers and have found whatever they may lose internationally, they more than make up for domestically.   After all, how many people in Europe and elsewhere watch the NFL draft?  A miniscule number I suspect.  Sure, you have your devotees, like yourself,  but they go where the numbers show them to go. 

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I understand. To me, Winfield doesn't get past the Giants at 36 overall. I figure he won't be there for the Browns in the second round.

OK,  it will be interesting to see where he goes....especially given his local ties.    (Dad from Akron Garfield).

And you are saying that Ashtyn may be more versatile....which, I would think, increase his value. 

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Did a quick review of all the "top OTs" yesterday... I'm standing pat.

Then I watched more Muti... and I now take him with our 1st pick in Round 3.

I don't think I fully read your assessment of him.   And tbh, I'm not about to now.  I'll do my watch and come back to you a bit later on him.

13 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Unless somebody gets bold, or dumb (depending on how you view both prospects draft value) that won't be a thing which is settled tonight.   

As for Ashtyn Davis.  Physically VERY gifted and incredibly quick.   Still very raw as a safety who, strictly physically speaking, could be a single high roamer.  He has the speed, decent hips, and range to go sideline to sideline.   But at this moment he doesn't possess the eyes and IQ for it.   Nice thing is, those can be developed in players.  But at what cost are you willing to spend to find out?

The cost would be the #41 pick.....given this conversation.   And whatever money #41 is to make under the rookie pay schedule. 

edit:  Trying to stay busy throughout the day.  Finishing some of my laundry, watching Ezra Cleveland and switched up the tunes.  I'm a CLE fan, so it has to be classic rock on draft day.  Started with some ACDC,   Bon Scott era though.   Not that I don't appreciate Brian Johnson, but 70's DC is where it's at for me.

You can do better than that.  Mentioning Cleveland and rocks in the same paragraph gets you there:

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But they believe they would not have a bigger audience  domestically.....

I assume they have been through all the numbers and have found whatever they may lose internationally, they more than make up for domestically.   After all, how many people in Europe and elsewhere watch the NFL draft?  A miniscule number I suspect.  Sure, you have your devotees, like yourself,  but they go where the numbers show them to go. 

Could be. But I have my doubts that the amount of people that won't watch it in EU at 8pm ET is less than the people that wouldn't watch it at 6pm ET in the US. 6pm is a fine hour for a long program like the NFL draft. The Superbowl is played at 6:30pm.

I think it has more to do with habits. Thursday night games are played around that time, so they use the data they know. 

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Could be. But I have my doubts that the amount of people that won't watch it in EU at 8pm ET is less than the people that wouldn't watch it at 6pm ET in the US. 6pm is a fine hour for a long program like the NFL draft. The Superbowl is played at 6:30pm.

I think it has more to do with habits. Thursday night games are played around that time, so they use the data they know. 

The Super Bowl is played on a Sunday, not a work day...like today which is why that works earlier.     Generally, people here work late...or at least don't get home from work until later,   past 6:30-7:00 , so, no they don't begin to watch TV until close to 8:00.    I think they have probably factored those things in.   THIS year....could be another story.  Everyone is home,  and I would more than happy for it to start earlier.  

I have a growler of Imperial brown ale from my local brewery 10.1%. Also a 4 pack of Youngs double chocolate stout if I am still thirsty but I am up for work tomorrow at 6

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The Super Bowl is played on a Sunday, not a work day...like today which is why that works earlier.     Generally, people here work late...or at least don't get home from work until later,   past 6:30-7:00 , so, no they don't begin to watch TV until close to 8:00.    I think they have probably factored those things in.   THIS year....could be another story.  Everyone is home,  and I would more than happy for it to start earlier.  

Well I didn't know what was the average time to get out of work in the US. I thought it might be like in some other EU countries where they start early and end up earlier. Makes sense then. Still sucks lol. 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Well I didn't know what was the average time to get out of work in the US. I thought it might be like in some other EU countries where they start early and end up earlier. Makes sense then. Still sucks lol. 

Well, Americans are know to work long hours compared to Europe,   though I understand that Mexico/Brazil/Columbia/S. Korea may work even longer hours. 

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, Americans are know to work long hours compared to Europe,   though I understand that Mexico/Brazil/Columbia/S. Korea may work even longer hours. 

S. Korea and Japan have longer work hours.  They also have some of the highest suicide rates among developed nations.      Not saying that correlation = causation...  but there is a trend.

Party includes me, Son in Law, plenty of beer, pizza, & I'm makin' wings.

We'll eat, drink, watch, cheer, cuss, then do it again tomorrow & Saturday!

Mike

One of the key questions for tonight:

Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Spain works long hours compared to Europe, so probably it's similar to the USAns. 

19 minutes ago, darren15 said:

In the UK it's usually a 35 hour week and 25 vacation days as a new starter plus holiday days...Christmas etc

In Spain you wish you have a 40h hour week, but we have more holiday days I believe. 

7 minutes ago, Barry said:

One of the key questions for tonight:

Do we want teams to jump us so that they can take an OT and we hope someone like Simmons or Brown or Okbuh drops to us, or do we risk that happening and find that the top 3 Qbs, Simmons, Okudah, Young and Brown, and top 2 OT are gone by the time we pick?

I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I can't see Simmons getting pass tPanthers..My panther wife would go nutz.. But I've seen Simmons chase Lamar around to eat dirt at Clemson..He takes TE's away & has the speed to chase backs in the flats..

Okudah would be a tougher pass than D. Brown imho..

I want also to see Thomas & Becton left on the board at 10..and want to see Berry get it right with Thomas..

I think this whole deal keys on if Thomas is still there?..reported Berry & Thomas have had some great talks..And that's coming from A.Thomas

If the current front office has the analytic mindset in the mold that I believe they do, then valuing DI THAT high isn't a thing barring very rare exceptions.   Brown is a good lineman, but he ain't Haloti Ngata.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If the current front office has the analytic mindset in the mold that I believe they do, then valuing DI THAT high isn't a thing barring very rare exceptions.   Brown is a good lineman, but he ain't Haloti Ngata.

^^agreed!^^ bonus question..If we slide Cal's A.Davis or Chinn into the box on running downs? my money is on Chinn..   yours?

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

I have a growler of Imperial brown ale from my local brewery 10.1%. Also a 4 pack of Youngs double chocolate stout if I am still thirsty but I am up for work tomorrow at 6

Cause one growler is never enough... :)

Took a break and cleaned gutters in the warm sunshine... simply gorgeous day...

Then showered (even tho it's not Saturday) and chose my uniform for the evening...

... my "There's always this year" tee.

Go Browns...