THE BROWNS BOARD

DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !

Tour2ma

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Really, because its like at least a half dozen or more that  on many/most boards were NOT given 1st round grades, or mocked to round one. 

they don't know what they think they know...2nd medicals & player interviews that fit in the room really matters..who has game size & speed mattered tonight... Top RD.2 Loaded! Sleep on a good one..Night Gents & Go Browns!!

Per Jeff Legwold   ESPN writer

First round talent still on the board starting round 2:

20. D'Andre Swift  RB  Georgia

21. Xavier McKinney  S  Alabama

22. Yetur Gross-Matos Edge  Penn St.

23. AJ Epenesa Edge Iowa

24. Tee Higgins WR  Clemson

25.  Ross Blacklock  DT TCU

29.  Zack Baun  LB  Wisconsin

32. Jalen Hurts  CB  Utah.

a friend in NC texted me, and asked who the Browns would pick while they were on the clock, I said "Wills, but he plays RT" ?

and he said Wills has been working all off season to switch to LT. that is kinda obvious, I suppose - and it's an outstanding pick. I thought for sure he'd be gone to the Giants, but they picked Simmons.

It does occur to me - what in the.... happened to Josh Jones? he's THAT raw? Houston is THAT bad an offense? red flags show up?

I'm surprised at that one. I liked this draft - much faster.

Seems pretty consistent that character played a good part of the first round prospects drafted. A lot of great stories...

I'm not going to be surprised if Wills starts at LT - he's a great pick and has already been working on it. I'm good with that.

Second round- no idea. Safeties/lb/wr is my guess - might Mckinney fall to the Browns?

• Upvote 1

I like Mckinney (expect him to be picked before us). After him I like delpit or winfield Jr at safety. Baun at olb. Epenesa if we want to get that 15 mil off the books from vernon, and logan Wilson at mlb. If any of these guys are our pick I will be ecstatic with our first two picks. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/jedrick-wills-transition-left-tackle-110953662.html

Jedrick Wills: Transition to left tackle “going pretty well”

f72ec760-04f8-11ea-a7f8-e8aaae9ced4b
Josh Alper
ProFootball Talk on NBC SportsApr 23, 2020, 7:09 AM
Jedrick Wills as the favorite ahead of Tristan Wirfs to be the first offensive lineman off the board on Thursday night and the two players have something in common as they embark on their professional careers.Both men played right tackle in college and are likely to be switching sides once they hit the NFL. Wills’ coach at Alabama Nick Saban said he believes Wills has the “physical abilities” to make the move and Wills shared how the process of preparing for a potential move has been going.“It’s been going pretty well,” Wills said, via Cleveland.com. “Of course it’s pretty much on my own now without coaches and everything, just preparing for this draft process. But for the most part, it’s been a smooth transition and I’m doing what I can on my own for now until I actually make a team and then we’ll see what their judgement is on it.”Wills didn’t share Wirfs’ explanation for the difference between the positions — “It kinda feels like wiping your butt with your other hand,” Wirfs said recently — but did say that there needs to be “a whole different set of tools that you have to use to play on that side” of the line.

Wills may not know what side of the line he will be on in his NFL debut, but he shouldn’t have to wait too much longer to know who he’ll be playing for when that moment arrives.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I like Mckinney (expect him to be picked before us). After him I like delpit or winfield Jr at safety. Baun at olb. Epenesa if we want to get that 15 mil off the books from vernon, and logan Wilson at mlb. If any of these guys are our pick I will be ecstatic with our first two picks. 

I agree with these, I would love for us to get one of the top safeties.....Maybe there will be a run on RBs that will help push these guys down to us.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Last time I shill for you.... bucko... ;)

Here's a thought, h... sell a couple bottles...

I actually own a bottle of that '90 Petrus Tour, and I do have a friends & family buyer for it that I'm selling it to at a discount. At $145 dollars an ounce, too rich for my blood. 

My opinion on that- I could enjoy it for an hour or so, or have it pay for my Browns season tickets. Not a tough decision. FWIW, I've been fortunate enough to be able to taste on several occasions (and not on my nickel) wines that were in the four figure range if they had been sold instead. Trust me, they weren't 10 times better than $100 dollar bottles, or in some cases not even better than $50 wines. At that rarefied level you're drinking rarity and "prestige". Or you're not too bright. A great example of that is "Ace of Spades" champagne owned by Jay Z. At $300+ bucks a bottle one expert taster said you could do as well for $70. 

On a personal level, I was asked to do a Christmas champagne tasting for the local American Wine Society. So I pulled Dom Perignon and Moet's one step down Vintage Brut- at 1\3 the price, served them side by side- but the folks didn't know which was which, or even the producer. Which do you like better? It split right down the middle- so at three times the price, wasn't worth it. I even have a name for it when I teach a wine class. Larry's Logarithmic Law of diminishing returns.  :)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:
  1. .. Wills has been working all off season to switch to LT. that is kinda obvious, I suppose - and it's an outstanding pick.
  2. I thought for sure he'd be gone to the Giants, but they picked Thomas Simmons.
  3. It does occur to me - what in the.... happened to Josh Jones? he's THAT raw? Houston is THAT bad an offense? red flags show up?
  4. Second round- no idea. Safeties/lb/wr is my guess - might Mckinney fall to the Browns?
  1. Not surprising especially since I am sure that most teasms who talked to him at the Combine likely asked him how he felt about a move to LT... where 1st round OTs are generally tabbed to play.
  2. FIFY... no charge... ;)
  3. Hard to know if anything went on behind the scene, but it looks like MIA went for "upside" they thought they saw in the case of Jackson and TN saw in Wilson a man/gap guy bull-dozing for Henry. I still see Jones as having the higher floor, but he's not a scheme fit for TN. I think Jackson is going to get Fitz/Tua killed and while Wilson will blow open some holes he's going to get Tannehill dented a few times.
  4. The way things got scrambled up in the bottom half of Round 1... who knows? McKinney might fall thru us...

Edit... and Wirfs is going to supply TB12 with more "look out" blocks than he'll want.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I wonder if we go safety or LB? Maybe DT? Ross Blacklock? 

A few intriguing safeties like McKinney, Delpit, Davis, Winfield, and Chinn.

LB Akeem Davis-Gaither is an interesting player.. assuming Zack Baun is drafted before #41 he might be worth a look with the 3rd rounder.

With OT crossed off the list I have to believe LB and Safety are priorities and heading into Day 2... and since that coincides with the talent values it's going to work out well.

• Chinn is my Round 2 target at #41. Really fits the hybrid LB role out of the gate, can play as a traditional SS if needed, and looks like he will literally grow into a full time LB in time.
  • I love Davis, but have to hope he falls to us in the 3rd... unless Chinn is off the board at 41... then Davis please... :) 
  • Don't know Akeem, but Baun doesn't look like a scheme fit to me. Troy Dye and our Buckeye, Harrison, are on my LB wish list in that order.

There are a couple other Day 2, position players I covet, but need would squeeze them out of consideration relative to the above.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Ruggs in a robe was wierd. I think l prefer this draft format. Also Tua’s fam with their lays and seeming total lack of emotion was curious.

I watched while having a friend on a call. We were like "Wtf, show some emotion!!!" It was funny, lol. 

• Upvote 1