DRAFT DAY 2020 ! ! !

Tour2ma

"Let's light this candle." - A. Shepard

How/When to watch

Thursday (Round 1): 8 p.m. - ABC/ESPN/NFL Network

Friday (Rounds 2 & 3): 7 p.m. - ABC/ESPN/NFL Network

Saturday (Rounds 4-7): 12 p.m. - ABC/ESPN/NFL Network

(All times EDT.)

Not yet 0800 here... and I am already feelin' it....

The Browns' picks

Round 1: 10

Round 2: 41

Round 3: 74, 97 (via Houston)

Round 4: 115

Round 5: N/A

Round 6: 187 (via Cardinals)

Round 7: 244 (via Packers)

I still hate that R5 gap...

• Upvote 1

All in on getting our anchor tackle with the #10 pick. Way I see it: Burrow, Young, Okudah, Herbert, Simmons, and Tua are going to be lock top 10 picks.

I'm in on any of the top 3 tackles (in order of my preference-Thomas, Bechton, Wirfs). Assuming those dudes don't go 7-9, we get a day one caliber player at a key need. Don't over-complicate it!

• Upvote 1

YEAH, It's draft day, a happy day for Browns fans. Its going to be a bit different with no live stage entertainment and fans cheering for their favorite team, hearing the cheers & boo's for player choices. Its going to be dull but the 10th pick is what's important. Any chance the Browns trade out of their pick?

I'm wearing my white MAYFIELD jersey to work today with a brown sweatshirt underneath. Get home about 6:00 eat dinner and focus on the NFL NETWORK . I'm off from work tomorrow and Monday, so its going to be a football weekend, brown and out.

It will start at 2am here. Probably not watching any of it. Have fun eveeyone and GO BROWNS! 

Case Of Beer Check
Virus Free Wings ordered Check

Dips and sides for wings ( coleslaw, potato Salad, Blue Cheese, Ranch, Buffalo etc ) check

Sick bag for when we draft Ezra Cleveland at 10 check

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

- Fasted hill repeats out of the way.

- Coffee is brewing

- Deftones are on

- Making a spanish omelette

- Watching my boo, Kay Adams, on GMF. 

Coffee, Deftones, Spanish omelettes check check check.

Kay Adams??? Not enough woman there.  I have a buddy that likes Colleen Wolfe I guess to each their  own.

Molly Qerim would be my first overall pick

• Like 1

At work now and then working remotely this afternoon. Draft starts at 5 for me so I have  Zoom meetings until 5 but I’ll be scrolling draft rumors and acting like I’m paying attention.  

Doing some air fryer Dry rub wings tonight with some whiskey.   I may eat a little healthy with Celery and blue cheese on the side.  

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Coffee, Deftones, Spanish omelettes check check check.

Kay Adams??? Not enough woman there.  I have a buddy that likes Colleen Wolfe I guess to each their  own.

Molly Qerim would be my first overall pick

Look man, talk shit on me all you want, but you leave my angel out of this.  

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

The "Un-draft Day",. 

Draft day used to be a religious holiday in my house especially when it was on ESPN on a Saturday and Sunday.

I'd get a big 22 oz mug of ice, diet Coke and a handful of cigars and go out on my deck with all of my papers and watch it for hours........the only thing missing was Ed or Steve Sabol doing the introduction narration like NFL films.

This "new" primetime draft really sucks, give me the old time version any time !      :wub:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

At work now and then working remotely this afternoon. Draft starts at 5 for me so I have  Zoom meetings until 5 but I’ll be scrolling draft rumors and acting like I’m paying attention.  

Doing some air fryer Dry rub wings tonight with some whiskey.   I may eat a little healthy with Celery and blue cheese on the side.  

Tough decision tonight. Got some cream cheese with a raspberry chipoltle sauce on wheat thins or a chocolatey cherry cheesecake fondue dip on wheat thins. Well at least the wheat thins are the reduced fat kind. And Diet Coke to counterbalance.  🙀  But I'll be ready for Xmas anyway.🎅

BTW I had not noticed this before, but did any of you see that Cody "Trust me" Kessler was released on April Fool's Day by NE?

• Upvote 1

The only thing I can do without on draft day is that there are too many family members in the back room with the draftee's. Too much hugging and kissing going on. It takes some guys over 5 minutes to finish kissing and hugging family members around the table. You have all night to celebrate with family afterwards.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tough decision tonight. Got some cream cheese with a raspberry chipoltle sauce on wheat thins or a chocolatey cherry cheesecake fondue dip on wheat thins. Well at least the wheat thins are the reduced fat kind. And Diet Coke to counterbalance.  🙀  But I'll be ready for Xmas anyway.🎅

BTW I had not noticed this before, but did any of you see that Cody "Trust me" Kessler was released on April Fool's Day by NE?

If you have a Traders Joes by you they have Gorgonzola Crackers.  They are great and it would be perfect with those dips.

I’m okay with the Kessler news so long as Andrew Berry doesn’t say Trust us again and picks him up

Although having primetime GAMEDAY snacks and maybe a meal is never a bad idea !  

Ribs on the grill or anything on the grill, pizza, fried chicken, tacos, are also not a bad idea.   Ahhhhhh football and food an All American idea !  

(Selling this Getty image for $499 un American ?  Free Enterprise or ridiculous ? Oh well....)

Screenshot_2020-04-23_110731.jpg

Got my root beer, home made white bread, we're having rib eye chip steaks, green beans and mashed potatoes for lunch, more root beer, I'll make some cowboy coffee later for the draft with Stauffer's Apple Crisp cookies and I'm thinkin about making cinnamon rolls... hot dogs and rootbeer for tomorrow...

nothin too fancy.

Goin to work on the garage - keeping busy makes the draft get here faster.... I wish I had another one of those old Kardiac foam bricks to throw at the TV ... but then again, I feel pretty good I won't need it. Maybe. Unless Tiam's Jeremy Chinn gets drafted before Kyle Dugger. lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SO is this draft loaded, average or below normal ?

i will say I wish our brownies had a few more picks this year.......but isn't that always true ?

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Look man, talk shit on me all you want, but you leave my angel out of this.  

I've always liked Kay Adams a lot. She sounds like she has a smart mind to back up her beauty. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nero said:

I've always liked Kay Adams a lot. She sounds like she has a smart mind to back up her beauty. 

Beautiful, petite, Italian mid-western girl who loves football and strikes me as reasonably intelligent?    That's going to be a "YES" from me 11/10 times. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Draft day used to be a religious holiday in my house especially when it was on ESPN on a Saturday and Sunday.

Agree 200%.

My son and his friends would come over....I'd have burgers and dogs on the grille....munchies, deserts, drinks.  Those were the good ol' days!

• Like 1

The pressure is on - how will it go? Will I be happy dancing? Or will I choke on my root beer?

FIRST ROUND 

= Andrew Thomas or trade down and Josh Jones ? I'm happy dancing !

Hopefully I set my root beer down before anything else happens with our first round pick. Unless Simmons falls, but  don't think so. I won't choke on that.

SECOND ROUND

- Will Kyle Dugger get drafted before Tiam's Jeremy Chinn? I'll be happy dancing.

or, I choke on my root beer, and send Tiam an apology - he was right. dammit.

Or, it could be completely different, which it usually is....

However, if they pick a Big quick terrific ball catching WR here, it's understandable, and I won't choke on my root beer at all. It depends.

THIRD ROUND TWO CHOICES

To me, the third is just as critical. one of the two picks has to be Logan Wilson, LB. I actually think that

the other pick is a wide receiver. maybe. or OG.

Now, if the Browns pick Malik Harrison lb, I'm still happy dancing.

The rest of the draft I don't get all worked up.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Agree 200%.

My son and his friends would come over....I'd have burgers and dogs on the grille....munchies, deserts, drinks.  Those were the good ol' days!

Well...I preferred that as well.    But, they wanted to make a prime time show of it to make money.

So be it.  Whattaya gonna do?