Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MLD Woody

Would You Trade 10 for Jamal Adams?

Recommended Posts

Maybe get a late round pick back?

Fill OT hole with Trent Williams?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting thought, but it's going to take more than just the #10 pick to get him. I have heard they want a #1 plus a guy like obj plus a 3rd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a trade scenario I'm going to throw out there. There is a rumor that Miami wants to move into the #3 slot WITHOUT using their #5 pick. What if this turns into a three team deal? Try to follow:

Miami gets #3 from Detroit

Detroit gets #10 from Cleveland plus #26 from Miami, #56 and 3rd round in 2021 from MIA

Cleveland receives #18 and #39 from MIA

If your wondering where this falls on the draft chart...here is the link for values

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=mia

Detroit needs 2200 from the value chart...they receives roughly 2600 depending on next years value but it should be fairly high

Cleveland needs 1300 and they get 1410 back

It's oddly fair and I think depending on how the browns board falls with the rest of the draft, I would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOF.  Because I fucking love Jamal Adams too.    I.... don't have an answer at this moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rumors...Jamal wants to go back home to be a Cowboy..rumored..Jerry went back home to prepare for another sleepover guest..

Great player looking to get paid in 2022..worked for Jalen Ramsey...but we can't pay them all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Maybe get a late round pick back?

Fill OT hole with Trent Williams?

 

 

 

No.  I am good to go with  who we have at Safety.......plus maybe getting a guy in round 2-3.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No.  I am good to go with  who we have at Safety.......plus maybe getting a guy in round 2-3.  

Who do we have at safety?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigalow80 said:

Here's a trade scenario I'm going to throw out there. There is a rumor that Miami wants to move into the #3 slot WITHOUT using their #5 pick. What if this turns into a three team deal? Try to follow:

Miami gets #3 from Detroit

Detroit gets #10 from Cleveland plus #26 from Miami, #56 and 3rd round in 2021 from MIA

Cleveland receives #18 and #39 from MIA

If your wondering where this falls on the draft chart...here is the link for values

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=mia

Detroit needs 2200 from the value chart...they receives roughly 2600 depending on next years value but it should be fairly high

Cleveland needs 1300 and they get 1410 back

It's oddly fair and I think depending on how the browns board falls with the rest of the draft, I would do it.

ONLY  if we get  Trent Williams for like a #3 and a #7........because then I would still want to have  that #18, #39 and #41.    As I am thinking that we really won't get the LT  we want/need as far down as  #18.    But Williams make the absolute need for that superfluous.  We get Williams,   a LB with 18  (Queen/Murray)  and a safety and....something else.  Maybe another OT.....project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Who do we have at safety?

Yes, we are weakish.    Karl Joseph,  Sandejo, Redwine. And JT Hassell.  Yes, we need a guy.  But I don't want that deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Miami gets #3 from Detroit

Detroit gets #10 from Cleveland plus #26 from Miami, #56 and 3rd round in 2021 from MIA

Cleveland receives #18 and #39 from MIA

DePo'd be all over this, if we've landed Trent W... if not, it's a hard pass as you are helping a team take an OT off the board.

#10 (299.1) => #18 (249.2) + #39 (164.1) = 413.2

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of an update...

Quote

Should Cleveland Browns trade a 1st, and 3rd for Jamal Adams?

In need of help at safety, the Cleveland Browns added Karl Joseph and Andrew Sendejo in free agency this offseason. Following those signings, they added Grant Delpit in the second round of the draft, which gives them three capable starters. But should they look for more?

Recent reports have suggested that the New York Jets and All-Pro safety Jamal Adams have seen their relationship damaged and it might not be repaired. After nearly trading him to the Dallas Cowboys last season, the Jets are now refusing to give into Adams demands on a new deal, preferring to sign him in 2021 rather than now.

Adams' frustration has led to a belief that the team is going to have to move on and the reported asking price (according to New York writer Gary Myers) is a first and third-round pick. Adams has insisted he wants to play close to his hometown, which is what fueled the Dallas trade talks, but he apparently would consider other teams as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One huge but overlooked benefit of the Browns getting Adams would be pairing his mind with Delpit.    I LOVE watching JA play and when you listen to him when he is breaking down his film and what he was seeing pre/post snap in terms of formations, personnel, route concepts... it's really quite impressive.   The guy has one of the highest football IQ's in the NFL IMHO.      Bringing that type of knowledge and passing it along to our rookie Grant in year 1, aside from getting physically healthy,  would really be the next biggest thing to making him a potential DROY candidate. 

He would take DG under his wing and immediately make him a better football player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

One huge but overlooked benefit of the Browns getting Adams would be pairing his mind with Delpit.    I LOVE watching JA play and when you listen to him when he is breaking down his film and what he was seeing pre/post snap in terms of formations, personnel, route concepts... it's really quite impressive.   The guy has one of the highest football IQ's in the NFL IMHO.      Bringing that type of knowledge and passing it along to our rookie Grant in year 1, aside from getting physically healthy,  would really be the next biggest thing to making him a potential DROY candidate. 

He would take DG under his wing and immediately make him a better football player.

Nice video of Jamals commenting on his own film. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And from the file of "for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction"...

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/05/24/cleveland-browns-should-pass-on-jamal-adams/

Bottom line reason is $$$ with big resignings just around the corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×