Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zombo

2020 Browns Depth Chart

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I'd probably add RG to that mix.

...and I actually like Johnson over Hilliard.

Johnson showed some flash last year. Running back is our best position.

As for RG ... I am up on Both Teller and Forbes, they are both young maulers, one of them will become entrenched. Roster battle would be between Lamm and Hubbard, but with expanded rosters, could keep 9 OL.

Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zombo said:

As for RG ... I am up on Both Teller and Forbes, they are both young maulers

Problem is we need dancers...

I think Forbes has a shot... Teller? Not so much...

Harris? Just has to be able to toss the ballerina further... something he'll be working on.

Yet another surf stopper, Steve...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think the Browns might throw some money at Clowney? Basically a one-year deal, then cash in on a comp pick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone think the Browns might throw some money at Clowney? Basically a one-year deal, then cash in on a comp pick? 

I think they will, but what the hell do I know?

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone think the Browns might throw some money at Clowney? Basically a one-year deal, then cash in on a comp pick? 

Just prior to the draft, Clowney's agent was still in contact with the hawks. Deal was reported as close. so my gut was saying he goes back to the hawks..while the hawks draft says they drafted 2 edge guys, one in the 2nd & 5th 🤔..Money talks, which we still have & Vernon's 15M is cap free..stay tuned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone think the Browns might throw some money at Clowney? Basically a one-year deal, then cash in on a comp pick? 

That Comp pick as a sweetener is an interesting, cherry-on-top thought...

While I can see the possibility, it just feels like it'd be a premature move to me. It's not as if we are missing that one piece needed to go all the way.

 

Keep on thinkin', Dutch. That's what you're good at...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That Comp pick as a sweetener is an interesting, cherry-on-top thought...

While I can see the possibility, it just feels like it'd be a premature move to me. It's not as if we are missing that one piece needed to go all the way.

 

Keep on thinkin', Dutch. That's what you're good at...

I dunno. You can never have too many edge guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple minor adjustments, just saving this to work on once we get to camp, I'll add some of the udfa and interesting backups then.

QB B.Mayfield, C. Keenum, G. Gilbert

FB/H-B A. Janovich

RB  N. Chubb,  K. Hunt, D. Hilliard, D. Johnson

WR1  O. Beckham,  D. Ratley,  K. Hodge, T.Taylor, J Natson

WR2 J. Landry,  R. Higgins,  D. Peoples-Jones, D. Montgomery

TE  A. Hooper, D. Njoku, , H. Bryant , P. Brown, S. Carlson

LT J. Wills, K. Lamm

LG J. Bitonio 

C J.Tretter , N. Harris

RG  W. Teller , D. Forbes

RT J. Conklin,  C. Hubbard

 

DE M. Garrett, C. Thomas

DT  Ogunjobi,  A. Billings, E. Ankou

DT  S. Richardson, J. Elliott, D. Eukale,

DE O. Vernon,  A. Clayborn

MLB B.J. Goodson, J. Phillips

SLB M. Wilson , Tae Davis

WLB S. Takitaki, J. Grace

CB D. Ward , K. Johnson, T. Thomas

CB  G. Williams, T. Mitchell, D. Lewis

FS G. Delpit, A.Sendejo, S. Redwine,

SS  K. Joseph, JT Hassell

 

K A. Seibert

P  J. Gillan

LS Hughlett

KR  (D. Johnson)  (T.Thomas) (J. Natson)

PR  (D. Peoples-Jones) (J. Landry) (J. Natson)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well really loaded on the offensive firepower punch but they were adequate before he draft especially RB 1&2, WR 1&2 and now they're loaded at TE.

STILL room for some trading offensive WR and TE for defensive help and possibly OL depth.  

QB B.Mayfield, C. Keenum, G. Gilbert

FB/H-B A. Janovich

RB  N. Chubb,  K. Hunt, D. Hilliard, D. Johnson

WR1  O. Beckham,  D. Ratley,  , T.Taylor, J Natson

WR2 J. Landry,  K. Hodge,  D. Peoples-Jones, D. Montgomery

TE  A. Hooper, D. Njoku, , H. Bryant , P. Brown, S. Carlson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I dunno. You can never have too many edge guys.

That's why I like Dutch, he's always on the edge.....really.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Breaking down the Browns' roster position by position after the 2020 NFL Draft

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/breaking-down-the-browns-roster-position-by-position-after-the-2020-nfl-draft

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think we need another vet linebacker.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, Zombo said:

WR1  O. Beckham,  D. Ratley,  K. Hodge, T.Taylor, J Natson

WR2 J. Landry,  R. Higgins,  D. Peoples-Jones, D. Montgomery

(glad Higgins is back)

That's the traditional depth chart.  I think more of a 'standings' situation.  If there's only 1 wr in the set, then OBJ.  If it's a 2 wr set, then OBJ, Landry.  3 wr set, OBJ, Landry, Higgins.  4 wr add ?  (DPJ is 'this' regime's draft pick, Ratley the Sr. guy).  -  Of course that changes as guys who've been on the field for a while need a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Orion said:

(glad Higgins is back)

That's the traditional depth chart.  I think more of a 'standings' situation.  If there's only 1 wr in the set, then OBJ.  If it's a 2 wr set, then OBJ, Landry.  3 wr set, OBJ, Landry, Higgins.  4 wr add ?  (DPJ is 'this' regime's draft pick, Ratley the Sr. guy).  -  Of course that changes as guys who've been on the field for a while need a break.

It's going to be interesting to see how limited mini-camps and training camp and the preseason are, and if that effects getting rookies up to speed before the season starts. Might be a little harder for a 6th round pick to surpass a 3 year vet in a year like this.

Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, Zombo said:

 

RG  W. Teller , D. Forbes

 

DE M. Garrett, C. Thomas

DT  Ogunjobi,  A. Billings, E. Ankou

DT  S. Richardson, J. Elliott, D. Eukale,

DE O. Vernon,  A. Clayborn

MLB B.J. Goodson, J. Phillips

SLB M. Wilson , Tae Davis

WLB S. Takitaki, J. Grace

 

On 4/28/2020 at 5:12 PM, darren15 said:

I still think we need another vet linebacker.... 

I've spent several hours of watching a better Woods roster'd defense while in San Fran. the last few nights.. And Saleh's defense still struggled with guys like Lamar & Russ Wilson..now add a Joe Burrow into the mix, who can toss darts or tuck it & run too..

We don't look fast enough on the outside edges to slowdown Lamar's read blocking plays...and we still may need 2 serious Lumber layer's to make him pay when he can turn it up inside..we have no MLB of Bobby Wagner here. Dobbins and Mark Ingram?   our best hope maybe the ravens OL takes a steamer 💩  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

 

I've spent several hours of watching a better Woods roster'd defense while in San Fran. the last few nights.. And Saleh's defense still struggled with guys like Lamar & Russ Wilson..now add a Joe Burrow into the mix, who can toss darts or tuck it & run too..

We don't look fast enough on the outside edges to slowdown Lamar's read blocking plays...and we still may need 2 serious Lumber layer's to make him pay when he can turn it up inside..we have no MLB of Bobby Wagner here. Dobbins and Mark Ingram?   our best hope maybe the ravens OL takes a steamer 💩  

Speaking of Bobby Wagner do you think seattle is planning on moving one of their LBers? They have Wagner, Wright, Griffin, and they spent a first on Brooks. It would seem that K.J. Wright would be the guy they would try and move and he would be a huge upgrade over what we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Speaking of Bobby Wagner do you think seattle is planning on moving one of their LBers? They have Wagner, Wright, Griffin, and they spent a first on Brooks. It would seem that K.J. Wright would be the guy they would try and move and he would be a huge upgrade over what we have.

Good Question.. but I'd lean towards not* something the hawks would normally do as hawks draftees.. KJ is now 30,with deal till 2021, while Wagner is 29, with a deal to 2023..their LB chemistry is 8 years now, playing side by side.and That matters. Am not here to question P. Carols coaching.. but it appears Brooks was drafted that high to replace one of them (age) in year 2..and, or it may seem the hawks missed on drafting 2 LB'er they drafted the year prior?(Burr-Kirven & Cody Barton) Hawks chose to draft 2 DE's in this past draft. a 2nd in Taylor & a 5th in Robinson. While LJ Collier maybe their one DE hit? while Clowney is still on the street..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next year we have 2x3, 2x4 and 2x5 round picks along with single picks in rounds 1,2,6 and 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Next year we have 2x3, 2x4 and 2x5 round picks along with single picks in rounds 1,2,6 and 7

Looks like deal-making ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 14, 20202: Sprinkling in some udfas and interesting backups .... Roster projection in Bold

QB B.Mayfield, C. Keenum, G. Gilbert, K. Davidson

FB/H-B A. Janovich, J. Stanton

RB  N. Chubb,  K. Hunt, D. Hilliard, D. Johnson, B. Herrien

WR1  O. Beckham,  D. Ratley,  K. Hodge, T.Taylor, J Natson

WR2 J. Landry,  R. Higgins,  D. Peoples-Jones, D. Montgomery, T. Brown

TE  A. Hooper, D. Njoku, , H. Bryant , P. Brown, S. Carlson

LT J. Wills, K. Lamm, A. Taylor

LG J. Bitonio W. Wright

C J.Tretter , N. Harris, E. Brown

RG  W. Teller , D. Forbes, C. Gossett

RT J. Conklin,  C. Hubbard, D. Dorbeck

 

DE M. Garrett, C. Thomas, R. Mcrary

DT  Ogunjobi,  A. Billings, E. Ankou

DT  S. Richardson, J. Elliott, D. Eukale,

DE O. Vernon,  A. Clayborn, P. Gustin

MLB M. Wilson, B.J. Goodson, T.Davis, W. Harvey

OLB S. Takitaki, J Phillips, J. Grace, S. Ajayi

CB D. Ward , T. Thomas, R. Jackson

CB  G. Williams, T. Mitchell, D. Lewis

Slot  K. Johnson, A. Green, J. Houston

FS G. Delpit, A.Sendejo, S. Redwine, E. Benton

SS  K. Joseph, JT Hassell, M. Meander

 

K A. Seibert

P  J. Gillan

LS Hughlett

KR  (D. Johnson)  (T.Thomas) (J. Natson)

PR  (D. Peoples-Jones) (J. Landry) (J. Natson)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder whether the roster's will end up staying at 90 this season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the Browns current depth chart.  What changes may be anticipated?

Pos No. Player 1 No Player 2 No Player 3 No Player 4 No Player 5
OFFENSE
LWR 80 Landry, Jarvis T/Mia 12 Hodge, KhaDarel W/LAR 18 Ratley, Damion 18/6 11 Peoples-Jones, Donovan 20/6 15 Montgomery, DJ CF19
LWR                 17 Brown, Tony CF20
RWR 13 Beckham Jr., Odell T/NYG 82 Higgins, Rashard 16/5 10 Taylor, Taywan T/Ten 16 Moore, J'Mon SF19 19 Natson, JoJo SF20
RWR                 84 Bradley, Ja'Marcus CF20
LT 71 Wills Jr., Jedrick 20/1 74 Hubbard, Chris U/Pit 67 Taylor, Alex CF20        
LG 75 Bitonio, Joel 14/2 62 Pridgeon, Malcolm CF19 71 Gossett, Colby SF19        
C 64 Tretter, JC U/GB 53 Harris, Nick 20/5 63 Brown, Evan SF20        
RG 77 Teller, Wyatt T/Buf 79 Forbes, Drew 19/6 66 Wright, Willie CF19        
RT 78 Conklin, Jack U/Ten 74 Hubbard, Chris U/Pit 70 Lamm, Kendall U/Hou 68 Dorbeck, Drake CF20    
TE 85 Njoku, David 17/1 86 Brown, Pharaoh SF18 89 Carlson, Stephen CF19        
TE 81 Hooper, Austin U/Atl 88 Bryant, Harrison 20/4 87 Wieting, Nate CF20        
QB 6 Mayfield, Baker 18/1 5 KEENUM, CASE U/Was 3 Gilbert, Garrett SF19 9 Davidson, Kevin CF20    
RB 24 Chubb, Nick 18/2 25 Hilliard, Dontrell CF18 43 Stanton, Johnny SF20 36 LeMay, Benny CF20    
RB 27 Hunt, Kareem SF19 30 Johnson, D'Ernest SF19 35 Herrien, Brian CF20        
FB 31 Janovich, Andy T/Den                
DEFENSE
LDE 95 Garrett, Myles 17/1 92 Thomas, Chad 18/3 97 Gustin, Porter CF19 52 McCray, Robert SF19 60 Obinna, George CF20
DT 65 Ogunjobi, Larry 17/3 99 Billings, Andrew U/Cin 96 Ekuale, Daniel CF18 69 Zimmer, Justin P/Atl 67 Whatley, Jeffery CF20
DT 98 Richardson, Sheldon U/Min 61 Elliott, Jordan 20/3 91 Ankou, Eli P/Jax        
DE 54 Vernon, Olivier T/NYG 94 CLAYBORN, ADRIAN U/Atl            
SAM 50 Phillips, Jacob 20/3 56 Harvey, Willie CF19 59 Young, Trevon SF19        
MLB 44 Takitaki, Sione 19/3 93 Goodson, BJ U/GB 55 Davis, Tae W/NYG        
WLB 51 Wilson, Mack 19/5 48 Grace, Jermaine SF19 58 Ajayi, Solomon CF20        
LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 37 Lewis Jr., Donnie 19/7 34 Jackson, Robert SF18 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz 38 Green, AJ CF20
SS 42 Joseph, Karl U/LV 49 Hassell, JT CF19 41 Meander, Montrel CF18 36 Moffatt, Jovante CF20    
FS 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 23 SENDEJO, ANDREW U/Min 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 43 Benton, Elijah CF20    
RCB 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 28 Johnson, Kevin U/Buf 33 Olumba, Donovan SF20 40 Houston, Jameson CF20
SPECIAL TEAMS
PT 7 Gillan, Jamie CF19                
PK 4 Seibert, Austin 19/5                
LS 47 HUGHLETT, CHARLEY P/KC                
H 7 Gillan, Jamie CF19                
PR 80 Landry, Jarvis T/Mia 30 Johnson, D'Ernest SF19            
KR 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz 10 Taylor, Taywan T/Ten  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking for this thread to post this and went back 6-8 pages but could not find it...but here it is. 

Repeat the question:   Any major changes ahead for this chart?

Clowney? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The longer the Clowney saga goes on, I doubt it is going to happen.  I keep forgetting about Clayborne.  The Falcons are local market TV here, so I see many Falcon games.  He has played well.  Gets his sacks and double the number of pressures.

 

I think we are going to be very pleased with his addition to the team.  He can bring the heat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:58 AM, The Gipper said:

Here is the Browns current depth chart.  What changes may be anticipated?

Pos No. Player 1 No Player 2 No Player 3 No Player 4 No Player 5
OFFENSE
LWR 80 Landry, Jarvis T/Mia 12 Hodge, KhaDarel W/LAR 18 Ratley, Damion 18/6 11 Peoples-Jones, Donovan 20/6 15 Montgomery, DJ CF19
LWR                 17 Brown, Tony CF20
RWR 13 Beckham Jr., Odell T/NYG 82 Higgins, Rashard 16/5 10 Taylor, Taywan T/Ten 16 Moore, J'Mon SF19 19 Natson, JoJo SF20
RWR                 84 Bradley, Ja'Marcus CF20

^^ Our 2 best offline blockers our Landry & OBJ..The better of JoJo or DPJ takes a spot, cause one has duties of Punt returns & Kickoffs..Higgins/Ratley/Hodge/Taylor or Montgomery are camp battles for WR4 & WR5 and must win on ST's. where Priefer seemed to like Hodge alot on ST's ..No 6th imo, with FB & or eXtra Te's..

 

LT

 

 

 

71

 

 

 

Wills Jr., Jedrick 20/1

 

 

 

74

 

 

 

Hubbard, Chris U/Pit

 

 

 

67

 

 

 

Taylor, Alex CF20

       
LG 75 Bitonio, Joel 14/2 62 Pridgeon, Malcolm CF19 71 Gossett, Colby SF19        
C 64 Tretter, JC U/GB 53 Harris, Nick 20/5 63 Brown, Evan SF20        
RG 77 Teller, Wyatt T/Buf 79 Forbes, Drew 19/6 66 Wright, Willie CF19        
RT 78 Conklin, Jack U/Ten 74 Hubbard, Chris U/Pit 70 Lamm, Kendall U/Hou 68 Dorbeck, Drake CF20    

^^ The next coach or TV host that includes the words "they were great players in Zoom Meetings" needs to be poked squarely in the eye 🧐.. a) New Coaches with new blocking schemes b) Does it even seem fair to try to start Jedrick Wills at LT? Ravens week 1..

 

 

TE

 

 

 

85

 

 

 

Njoku, David 17/1

 

 

 

86

 

 

 

Brown, Pharaoh SF18

 

 

 

89

 

 

 

Carlson, Stephen CF19

       
TE 81 Hooper, Austin U/Atl 88 Bryant, Harrison 20/4 87 Wieting, Nate CF20        

^^ I am a big fan of the outside zone blocking plan..but am not a big fan of this TE group helping us succeed in it..Hooper was no help blocking in Atlanta's rushing attack last season. None what so ever..And we don't need to keep average at best P.Brown's solely because he's better than Njoku at blocking..I could Maybe see Iowa's Nate Wieting  6'4 250lbs. stealing a spot?   

 

 

QB

 

 

 

 

 

6

 

 

 

 

 

Mayfield, Baker 18/1

 

 

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

 

 

KEENUM, CASE U/Was

 

 

 

 

 

3

 

 

 

 

 

Gilbert, Garrett SF19

 

 

 

 

 

9

 

 

 

 

 

Davidson, Kevin CF20

   

^^Baker's success keys around Stef's play calling & OL protection.. I've seen both boring & at times, spectacular watching some Vikings games.. imho, Callahan has better OL talent here than the Vikings ever saw.. But, It might take 4 real games before we see it..

 

RB

 

 

 

24

 

 

 

Chubb, Nick 18/2

 

 

 

25

 

 

 

Hilliard, Dontrell CF18

 

 

 

43

 

 

 

Stanton, Johnny SF20

 

 

 

36

 

 

 

LeMay, Benny CF20

   
RB 27 Hunt, Kareem SF19 30 Johnson, D'Ernest SF19 35 Herrien, Brian CF20        
FB 31 Janovich, Andy T/Den                

^^ No Lie.. I seriously want Benny LeMay to get a serious chance & a good Look at..Playing clean, Hunt will demand a future payday & Chubb is our future lockup. Hilliard & D'Ernest imo are Just Another Guy.. Sign me up for a FB like Andy Janovich in Cleveland 👍 

 

 

 

DEFENSE---- Plenty of Covid time to kill... I'll get to this fear-less* D later..BUT I do feel Myles Garrett new Contract gets announced This Friday :o   

LDE 95 Garrett, Myles 17/1 92 Thomas, Chad 18/3 97 Gustin, Porter CF19 52 McCray, Robert SF19 60 Obinna, George CF20
DT 65 Ogunjobi, Larry 17/3 99 Billings, Andrew U/Cin 96 Ekuale, Daniel CF18 69 Zimmer, Justin P/Atl 67 Whatley, Jeffery CF20
DT 98 Richardson, Sheldon U/Min 61 Elliott, Jordan 20/3 91 Ankou, Eli P/Jax        
DE 54 Vernon, Olivier T/NYG 94 CLAYBORN, ADRIAN U/Atl            
SAM 50 Phillips, Jacob 20/3 56 Harvey, Willie CF19 59 Young, Trevon SF19        
MLB 44 Takitaki, Sione 19/3 93 Goodson, BJ U/GB 55 Davis, Tae W/NYG        
WLB 51 Wilson, Mack 19/5 48 Grace, Jermaine SF19 58 Ajayi, Solomon CF20        
LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 37 Lewis Jr., Donnie 19/7 34 Jackson, Robert SF18 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz 38 Green, AJ CF20
SS 42 Joseph, Karl U/LV 49 Hassell, JT CF19 41 Meander, Montrel CF18 36 Moffatt, Jovante CF20    
FS 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 23 SENDEJO, ANDREW U/Min 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 43 Benton, Elijah CF20    
RCB 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 28 Johnson, Kevin U/Buf 33 Olumba, Donovan SF20 40 Houston, Jameson CF20
SPECIAL TEAMS
PT 7 Gillan, Jamie CF19                
PK 4 Seibert, Austin 19/5                
LS 47 HUGHLETT, CHARLEY P/KC                
H 7 Gillan, Jamie CF19                
PR 80 Landry, Jarvis T/Mia 30 Johnson, D'Ernest SF19            
KR 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz 10 Taylor, Taywan T/Ten  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I view Hooper this way.  He may not be a good blocker, but with our play action attack, he is going to demand coverage and is going to run somebody off the play long enough.

 

 

What difference does it make, block them off the LOS or run them off the LOS?  Somebody has to account for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 9:29 PM, ballpeen said:

What difference does it make, block them off the LOS or run them off the LOS?  Somebody has to account for him.

...well, in a zone D situation, the short zone could smell run and look for the handoff and not run with him.

I wish we had someone that could catch AND block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Orion said:

I wish we had someone that could catch AND block.

9'ers TE George Kittle was drafted in the 5th round, the same draft we took Njoku at pick #29.. just don't tell OJ Howard & Evan Engram that went before NoJoke ;).. recent TE draft classes have been a total crab shoot..           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 8:33 PM, Orion said:

...well, in a zone D situation, the short zone could smell run and look for the handoff and not run with him.

I wish we had someone that could catch AND block.te.

My theory is if blocking is what you want, draft a lightweight guard from some smaller school and make him a blocking tight end.  I want pass catching guys at TE.

Ozzie was never known as a good blocker.   Maybe the know it all's should complain about him.   LOL   Ozzie couldn't block, he sucked.   I don't think Ozzie ever threw a block, or was asked to throw a block.  Just get in the way for 2 seconds

 

 

Whatever....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

My theory is if blocking is what you want, draft a lightweight guard from some smaller school and make him a blocking tight end.  I want pass catching guys at TE.

Ozzie was never known as a good blocker.   Maybe the know it all's should complain about him.   LOL   Ozzie couldn't block, he sucked.   I don't think Ozzie ever threw a block, or was asked to throw a block.  Just get in the way for 2 seconds

 

 

Whatever....

In a perfect world, you'd get a Gronk, who was excellent as a receiver and a blocker... but there is a reason he's a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

With an offense that has two stellar RBs demanding the defense's attention like the Browns have, and should be adept at play-action, having a stud blocker at TE shouldn't be super important. This is good, because Hooper, Njoku and the kid rookie whose name escapes me are all 'eh' blockers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×