THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Draft Week MK2

darren15

Which prospect will go earlier than most expect

Which prospect will go later than most expect

How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round

How many OT's will come off the board in the first round

Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft

Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week

Late round sleeper is

Biggest bust is

Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders

QB Love

Tua

In later rounds (maybe 4th).

Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week

No

Late round sleeper is

Kendrick Rogers WR Texas A&M (of course)-Walter FB likes that pick as well-but I don't say 4th like they do.

Biggest bust is

Tua-not convinced yet about durability-talent is not the issue for me.

Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders

Cost is too high

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

QB Love

Tua

In later rounds (maybe 4th).

No

Late round sleeper is

Kendrick Rogers WR Texas A&M (of course)-Walter FB likes that pick as well-but I don't say 4th like they do.

Biggest bust is

Tua-not convinced yet about durability-talent is not the issue for me.

Cost is too high

You dont give up anything.....free swap of positions...do u take position 1 or 3 picks

Who do you think you are? Dutch or Gipper? In either case I expect grading... ;)

Which prospect will go earlier than most expect... Murray

Which prospect will go later than most expect... Simmons

How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round... 7

How many OT's will come off the board in the first round... 6

Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft... Yes

Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week... Yes

Late round sleeper is... Khalil Davis

Biggest bust is... Becton

Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders... Cinci's #1, but I take Burrow

Tristan Wirfs goes Top 5

Becton will last until later in first round.

Does it matter to us.  (we won't be taking one until Day 3 if then)   I say only 3. 

Five (5)     and 4 QBs.

Oh yes.   Over/under is  2 trades.  Depo loves getting more picks.  (yes, I said Depo...as I am sure he has significant control over that. After all, he is "Chief Strategy Officer"....and strategy is employed first and foremost in the draft. 

50/50    (who the hell do we have to trade....and don't say OBJ)

Late round sleeper is

Evan Weaver  LB

Biggest bust is

Its got to be one of the QBs....even if it isn't, it will be perceived to be.    And here is my  Wild Ass Prediction:    Tua.

If not that WAG, then Henry Ruggs.   Man cannot live on speed alone. 

I am not really getting what you are asking here. Would I trade the #10 pick for the #1 pick straight up?  Sure....of course.  Or...would I trade our #10 for Miami's 3 first rounders.  Sure, of course.    Or, which of those deals would I rather have?    Right now for the Browns....the Miami deal. 

So, now, come up with somewhat realistic trade scenario....because none of the above would ever happen.

If you had the option would you wish you had Bengals pick at 1 or the 3 Dolphins picks.... not trading for them.....just wish you had that teams position in the draft

54 minutes ago, darren15 said:

If you had the option would you wish you had Bengals pick at 1 or the 3 Dolphins picks.... not trading for them.....just wish you had that teams position in the draft

Ah...OK.   

For the Browns, for this year, I think the  Miami picks:   5, 18, 26.

So, what could we get with those picks would fill out our top needs:  Probably our top OT pick.  Murray or Queen or Baun at LB;  Delpit/McKinney at  Safety. 

8 hours ago, darren15 said:

Trautman and Love

Tua and Becton 

Jeudy, Lamb, Ricks, Higgins, Jefferson, Auiyak 

trade down in the 1st and then trade up from the 2nd. 

Yes

Late round sleeper is

Two backs- McFarland and Darrynton Evans  Too many others to name 

Biggest bust is

Becton- gonna get eaten alive by grown men professionals.

D. Brown- he’s ordinary.  Probably a decent run stuffer but you don’t pay for that in the Top 10.

Tee Higgins- I see ordinary here too. 

Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders.

Probably Neither.  But I think Young is one of the few elite prospects in this draft.  This draft will be known for rounds 3-5.

Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts

Which prospect will go later than most expect. RB Jonathan Taylor.

How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round  6

How many OT's will come off the board in the first round  6

Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft. Yes.  They will trade down and up.

Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week. Yes. Trade a player for pick(s)

Late round sleeper is RB Joshua Kelley UCLA

Biggest bust is S Grant Delpit - when tackling is an issue for a safety it's as big of a red flag as a WR that drops too many passes. 

Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders - Miami's 3 first rounders.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts

Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

4 minutes ago, Flugel said:

London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

Even with all the rankings you've "surveyed"?

Odd since most of the ones I can recall have him going in the 3rd.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

In the Athlon Sports' Draft Guide - he's projected in the 4th round.  Although among their QB rankings, he's ranked 8th behind Burrow, Tag, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Eason, and Stanley with a draft projection of 3rd-4th round.  Lindy's Draft Guide has him ranked 7th among QBs - projected for round 4.  Todd McShay has him going somewhere on day 3.  PFF's mock draft has him going at #75 to the Colts, which is in round 3.

I think I'm okay to conclude late 1st round or anywhere in the 2nd round exceeds a lot of the expectations/projections I've seen for the guy.

Well I found an interesting article on undervalued prospects, among whom are Delpit (flug's fav😜) and my actual favorite to surprise, Duvernay from UT-Austin.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/LongFormArticle/NFL-Draft-2020-The-undervalued-college-stars-at-each-position-146297164/#146297164_1

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

OK... feel a little better about my answer (Murray) now...

image.png.cc8f72a616a4a2b26556802a58f34490.png

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Even with all the rankings you've "surveyed"?

Odd since most of the ones I can recall have him going in the 3rd.

Oh, yes,   I agree that all the rankings have him as a third/4th round talent.    And I agree that he is a 3rd/4th round talent.

So let me clarify:   I personally would EXPECT him to go as high as the 2d round.   He is a QB,   one with a name, one with a national championship to his resume.    QBs get overdrafted often.    And I suspect one with his creds to be overdrafted. 

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

In the Athlon Sports' Draft Guide - he's projected in the 4th round.  Although among their QB rankings, he's ranked 8th behind Burrow, Tag, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Eason, and Stanley with a draft projection of 3rd-4th round.  Lindy's Draft Guide has him ranked 7th among QBs - projected for round 4.  Todd McShay has him going somewhere on day 3.  PFF's mock draft has him going at #75 to the Colts, which is in round 3.

I think I'm okay to conclude late 1st round or anywhere in the 2nd round exceeds a lot of the expectations/projections I've seen for the guy.

OK, fair enough.     I guess I am saying that it would not surprise me if he goes in round 2.  So maybe that is just another way of saying:   Hurts answers the question:  who will go drafted higher than expected.   

On 4/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, Flugel said:

NE in the 1st was a call I made a while back, but if Bill doesn't grab Hurts there, then I have a feeling Dallas might go after him in the 2nd.

I've already made the Dak 2.0 comment so what better way to put a little pressure on Dak to get a deal done than to draft his clone? Of course they are two picks behind the Steelers, so if Tomlin is interested, then da 'Boys will have to leap frog them to land Hurts.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:56 AM, darren15 said:

How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round? Answer: 6

How many OT's will come off the board in the first round? Answer: 6