THE BROWNS BOARD

Trent William's for a 3rd round pick...?

darren15

28 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

My guess is, if Thomas goes before ten, and Simmons is also gone, we definitely trade down. I think.

Goofy Mel Kiper has us taking Becton at ten... nah. How many times has Kiper been wrong?

I wonder what the odds are, that another team will trade ahead of the Browns to get the one immediate starter at LT, Thomas.

Then I will need that Kardiac Kids foam brick to throw at the tv.

Yea, well,  the problem is that no matter what all y'all think,   no matter if people here say that Becton will be a bust,  no matter how you all rate any of these players,  ain't but 2 or 3 opinions that matter  (well...I will give it 4-5:   Berry/Depo/Stefanski/Haslam...and maybe some top scout.   

To paraphrase Freddie Kitchens:  If your name ain't one of them.....you don't matter!

I think you have been drinking too much milk of the poppy. 

Break it down more this way, into 2 parts or 2 separate trades:  

A.   You give up a 27 year old  WR  for a 32 year old tackle.    (NOT a good value for us IMO)

B. Then you trade  #10,  #41 and #74  for #2

The trade value charts do no support this.....but in opposite ways:

JJ Chart:   #2...2600   for 1300 + 490 + 220= 2010    Here, not a good deal for Wash.

The preferred Harvard Chart:  #2 435.7  for  299.1 + 160.8 + 118.4   = 578.3  .....a shit deal for us. 

So, as I see it, you are screwing us...in terms of the numbers. 

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think you have been drinking too much milk of the poppy. 

Break it down more this way, into 2 parts or 2 separate trades:  

A.   You give up a 27 year old  WR  for a 32 year old tackle.    (NOT a good value for us IMO)

B. Then you trade  #10,  #41 and #74  for #2

The trade value charts do no support this.....but in opposite ways:

JJ Chart:   #2...2600   for 1300 + 490 + 220= 2010    Here, not a good deal for Wash.

The preferred Harvard Chart:  #2 435.7  for  299.1 + 160.8 + 118.4   = 578.3  .....a shit deal for us. 

So, as I see it, you are screwing us...in terms of the numbers. 

Yeah, I considered that.  Not in as much detail though.  But if you have Garret and Young on the edge, man.   And Trent and Conklin playing tackles, Baker would be set.  Throwing to Landry, Hooper, Njoku and perhaps we resign Higgins.  Not to mention Chubb and Hunt at RB.  We Stephanski loves to run the football.  It just seems to have a winner written all over it.  

1 minute ago, dawg2fan said:

Yeah, I considered that.  Not in as much detail though.  But if you have Garret and Young on the edge, man.   And Trent and Conklin playing tackles, Baker would be set.  Throwing to Landry, Hooper, Njoku and perhaps we resign Higgins.  Not to mention Chubb and Hunt at RB.  We Stephanski loves to run the football.  It just seems to have a winner written all over it.  

Why, though, would   Washington give up on the chance to get Young?

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yea, well,  the problem is that no matter what all y'all think,   no matter if people here say that Becton will be a bust,  no matter how you all rate any of these players,  ain't but 2 or 3 opinions that matter  (well...I will give it 4-5:   Berry/Depo/Stefanski/Haslam...and maybe some top scout.   

To paraphrase Freddie Kitchens:  If your name ain't one of them.....you don't matter!

but I'll be wearing brown and orange, so I will matter.......giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Someones wet dream went.. "SPLAT"

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, but think about what they'd be getting though.  #10, #41, #74 and Odell Beckum Jr.  I think that's more than enticing. And you would have to think we'd sign Trent to a 4 year deal.  If it doesn't work out, but probably release him.  Happens a lot in the NFL these days.   I don't think this will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. 

21 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Yes, but think about what they'd be getting though.  #10, #41, #74 and Odell Beckum Jr.  I think that's more than enticing. And you would have to think we'd sign Trent to a 4 year deal.  If it doesn't work out, but probably release him.  Happens a lot in the NFL these days.   I don't think this will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. 

I would be immensely surprised.  

MV5BNTAzMDI5MzgtMGNkMC00MzllLWJhNjctNjA1

17 minutes ago, Barry said:

Considering this front office loves draft picks that just screams other direction.

Could always turn around and trade the #2... but that's a lot of value to recoup.

Even if you believe trading for Williams is crazy, this close to the draft the ask for Williams is likely draft pick No. 74 and possibly a later pick in 2021.

What are the chances the Browns draft an All-Pro caliber player at that pick? Yes, Williams has injury concerns, but being off the field for a year to heal properly may be just what he needed. Rob Gronkowski is in the same boat, and I’ll see is the excitement that he is now headed to Tampa Bay.

Also, if Williams is set on getting out of a bad situation what’s to say he won’t sign a shorter-term contract? If the Browns could lock Williams up in a contract like Jack Conklin (likely a few million more), they immediately improve their offensive line and keep cap space flexibility moving forward.

If healthy, which you must believe after not playing in 2019, Williams is a better performer than any of the top-four offensive line prospects.  Don’t forget the kicker in this scenario, the Browns STILL have pick no. 10 in their pocket.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/04/23/trent-williams-cleveland-browns-finally-happening/

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

From Trent's InstaGram account last nite...

image.png.d6ac2c1c134a29b656072abdcaac9b8f.png

Anyone fluent in emoji?

A wild GUESS... 3 teams with eyes on him...praying on one....  edit--can we flip some skins picks? they own 2/no 2nd//3rd-66//4ths-108-142//a 5th-162//2 7th-216 &229?🤔

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I just have a feeling that the defensive line or Simmons will be our #1 priority, then OT.

I don't. The top 4 LTs seem a lot better than the next group, and they are still committed to Baker, so get him a wall at LT to give him a shot. 

seriously, if we see Simmons,Okudah or D.Brown drop to 10..Than we give up a 3rd for Trent Williams?.. my street lights may not want to be on while I streak the neighborhood 🤩   

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I don't. The top 4 LTs seem a lot better than the next group, and they are still committed to Baker, so get him a wall at LT to give him a shot. 

The reason I say that is the many rumors about us willing to trade down, and the fact that we went hard after Clowney and Williams. Clowney = a willingness to pay a lot to upgrade the DL and trading for Williams = willingness to pay a lot in $ and picks instead of drafting one of the top OTs.  But you could be right. We'll know in a few hours!

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

seriously, if we see Simmons,Okudah or D.Brown drop to 10..Than we give up a 3rd for Trent Williams?.. my street lights may not want to be on while I streak the neighborhood 🤩   

Is the "3rd for Williams" even a real thing, or just a hope? Any of the 3 players you mention would be hard to pass on, but I don't see it. 

11 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I like Odell, but there's still a part of me that screams he doesn't want to be here.  So why not trade up and get Young and Williams, if its true.  However, if we keep him and he truly performs, I guess we cant complain there either.  

Hello, McFly, is anybody home?    Washington may want fuck all to do with OBJ...if you think he is what he is here...maybe they have the same opinon.......and they are salivating at having  Young on their team.  I know that Planet Earth has its faults, but come back to Earth regardless. 

8 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Is the "3rd for Williams" even a real thing, or just a hope? Any of the 3 players you mention would be hard to pass on, but I don't see it. 

Its a "hope" for me.....because I don't think I want to give up either 10 or 41 for him.   

But I have no clue if that would do it....and I am sure the Skins would balk at that. 

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

that's the now rumors, leaking Skins can't even get a 2nd per nflnetwork..tSkins only know whats up..If I were Berry? I got that deal on hold till I can peek at #10.. one of the 3 has a good chance of being there..and Callahan knows what a college to pro LT & not Right looks like.. I Can't WAIT!!

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Its a "hope" for me.....because I don't think I want to give up either 10 or 41 for him.   

But I have no clue if that would do it....and I am sure the Skins would balk at that. 

No, no, no 10 or 41. I don't even like the chances of getting a full season out of him, maybe nothing. He sure seems like a "headache" player at this point. He will "get hurt" and then whine that the team still wants him to play while he is hurt. I don't know if he had a legit beef with the Skins' medical staff or not, but I'd stay away just to be safe. 

If we are planning on signing Trent Williams, and we also end up trading down and gaining a second round pick that would be 5 picks in the first three rounds... we should offer them a third-round pick and a 5th round pick next year. And keep all this year's picks. The Redskins are running out of trade partners according to various reports on Twitter the Vikings have shown a little interest but the main interests has come from the Browns. We keep all our picks this year,add more in a trade down and we get Trent would be perfect.....almost Sunny like

• Upvote 1

I tried putting up a link from the Burgundy Blog. a solid Skins reporter..

They think the deal is 'done' from a browns connecting source. and the Skins might be getting a Browns 3rd or* 4th in 2020...and our 2nd rounder in 2021..

more rumors! nothing links to this anywhere else yet...  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

A wild GUESS... 3 teams with eyes on him...praying on one....  edit--can we flip some skins picks? they own 2/no 2nd//3rd-66//4ths-108-142//a 5th-162//2 7th-216 &229?🤔

It figures that the only guy 'round here that doesn't need a gumby decoder ring would have an emoji one.... :) ... Looks like a good guess.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

... Callahan knows what a college to pro LT & not Right looks like.. I Can't WAIT!!

I'd feel; a lot better if he's gotten his hands on all the prospects... only got to audition Ezra IIRC.

35 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I tried putting up a link from the Burgundy Blog. a solid Skins reporter..

They think the deal is 'done' from a browns connecting source. and the Skins might be getting a Browns 3rd or* 4th in 2020...and our 2nd rounder in 2021..

That's getting pretty close to "do we have a deal in principle" for me...

Make it our second 3rd (#97 from HOU) and let me have their 2020 5th (#162 from Steelers via Seahawks) and I'm good.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Hello, McFly, is anybody home?    Washington may want fuck all to do with OBJ...if you think he is what he is here...maybe they have the same opinon.......and they are salivating at having  Young on their team.  I know that Planet Earth has its faults, but come back to Earth regardless. 

I don’t think it’s about OBJ, it’s more about picks in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  OBJ is just icing on the cake.