THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Are You Tracking?

TexasAg1969

On draft day excluding all from OSU/A&M and anyone who is expected in the first 50 picks. It goes without saying we will all be interested to see what the Browns do.

But pick a few of your players out there that you are interested to see who gets them and when they get picked with the exclusions above.

I'll list a few.

1. The Davis twins - DTs from Nebraska

2. James Proche SMU and Devin Duvernay both billyboy type flea receivers who can run circles around people after the catch

3. Tour's fav OT Matt Peart UCONN along with Jeff Jones from Houston

4. LBs Divinity and Phillip from LSU

5. RB Zack Moss Utah

6. South Carolina's Punter Joseph Carlton- not drafted in the BB draft

Probably the same list as my Steals list...

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Started thinking about my own list rather than Bleachers. In no particular order...

• Jalen Hurts - QB, OU... the more I look, the more I see Dak 2.0...
  • Anthony McFarland - RB, Maryland... fast and quick.. good receiver...
  • Devin Duvernay - WR, Texas... almost uncoverably quick... extremely productive.
  • Shane Lemieux - IOL, Oregon... made for our ZBS.
  • Matt Peart - OT, UConn... I believe I may have mentioned him before.
  • Khalil Davis - IDL, Nebraska... quick disruptor...
  • Jabari Zuniga - Edge, Florida... strong  for his size, if can improve his "get-off", he's going to be really good.
  • Troy Dye - OLB, Oregon... has the speed, needs to get a little stronger.
  • Malik Harrison - LB, tOSU... I keep seeing him as a Mike... and a good one with thump and surprising coverage skill.
  • JR Reed - FS, UGA... good size... decent speed... needs work on tackling, but otherwise the skill set is pretty well complete.

Yeah.... pretty close...

Gordon is probably a more interesting QB to follow than Hurts...

The former Navy QB Malcolm Perry is a more interesting WR prospect.

23 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Neville Gallimore typical Ravens pick that will hurt us. 

I've got him going to the steelqueers before the ravens pick replacing Hargraves. the funny thing is, the Ravens traded DT Chris Wormley to Pitt & Gallimore imo would beat him out .. but god please keep him out of our division 🤞

TE Adam Trautman...the Patriots need to replace the irreplaceable Gronk...and If not Kmet early? Trautman really fits..(don't tell tour..but Peart will be here too;))

RB AJ Dillon...this guy had to knock his interviews out of the park..I've heard his pressers & you want this guy in your room.. AJ did not have his best Combine, but just turn on his film to see what playing with football speed really looks like.... I got a dollar the Tampa Bay Yuckaneers draft this kid & Dillon would start day 1...

WR Chase Claypool...i was not completely sold on Claypool till after Combine...If the Browns want to know what a WR/TE redzone target looks like? Here's my guy I'll be watching..

ending my list...CB-Darnay Holmes & Troy Pride jr,/edge-Alex Highsmith & K.Kareem// TE-Thaddeus Moss & Josiah Deguara///WR-Quintes Cephus & Binjimen Victor..

Kyle Duggers is always my local favorite & I knew long ago their was no way Xavier McKinney would ever be a 2nd round pick as he was when this thing all started...

edit--just another great kid, with a street-life story that i have followed for a long time..South Carolina--Javon Kinlaw---once he gets all that 1st round dough? What's he do with it? I don't think it could happen to a better deserving guy..Good Luck Big Law..   

31 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Still keenly interested in Logan Wilson, lb. 4th round maybe?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/logan-wilson?id=32195749-4c74-7370-743f-2000a41bbeba

Having lived in Cheyenne and a sister who went to U.W. undergrad, I'll add him to my follow in the draft list.👍

One other thing (not just a player) that I am most interested to see is who we take with our 4th actual pick which would be the first compensatory pick #97 in the 3rd round of the draft on day two. This one could be a major surprise. I'm hoping it's one that makes us all jump up and high five Dutch's cat.🤗😸

• Haha 1

I'm not tracking him, but am I the only one who thinks S Grant Delpit is over-rated? Missed tackles from a safety scare me like dropped passes from a TE. Some draft pundits have him as #1 Safety. I just don't see that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm not tracking him, but am I the only one who thinks S Grant Delpit is over-rated? Missed tackles from a safety scare me like dropped passes from a TE. Some draft pundits have him as #1 Safety. I just don't see that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike

We had the same line of thought on this one Mike!  I posted just about the same thing in Darren's Survey Draft Week MK2 thread about 10 hours earlier when I had to list a Biggest bust.

Biggest bust is S Grant Delpit - when tackling is an issue for a safety it's as big of a red flag as a WR that drops too many passes. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I don't think anyone has fallen further down analysts' boards than Delpit. Kid was Top Five three months ago. Now? Around the Round 1/2 cusp mostly due to the tackling issue that Flugs raised which is a shame as the kid has ball skills to burn.

Here's one analyst's take...

Tackling - Man, he's frustrating here. He seems hesitant with the left shoulder to throw himself into tackles and he's super quick to drop his head and try to cut you down low. There's no reason for such lapses considering his reach and physical skill, which brings into question if he's physically/mentally over 2018 clavicle INJ.

Lately I've seen him mocked to us at #41 way too much. Was there in one writer's "vision" of a "Browns' perfect draft".

• Thanks 1

am not a believer that the NCAA college rules are helping any DB's tackling... not only did they add targeting to ejections, but live football can't be taught well in shells all week...

While coaches can only get 1 day of padded practices with real tackling per WEak..  not a bad college life for some* guys with degrees that can barely read and can now use spell check... 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

am not a believer that the NCAA college rules are helping any DB's tackling... not only did they add targeting to ejections, but live football can't be taught well in shells all week...

While coaches can only get 1 day of padded practices with real tackling per WEak..  not a bad college life for some* guys with degrees that can barely read and can now use spell check... 

watts spel chack?😁

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

not only did they add targeting to ejections,

At least starting in 2020 targeting ejections can remain on the sidelines...

... assuming there are any sidelines in 2020.