THE BROWNS BOARD

Rolling the Dice: The Biggest Risks in the 2020 NFL Draft

Tour2ma

Interesting slideshow article. List here... for reasoning go to the article.

7. Laviska Shenault Jr, WR, Colorado

6. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

5. Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota

4. Netane Muti, IOL, Fresno State

3. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

2. Quarterbacks Not Named Joe Burrow

1. Second-Tier Offensive Tackles

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rolling-the-dice-the-biggest-risks-in-the-2020-nfl-draft/ss-BB12K3Rw?ocid=spartandhp

Clicking the "Full Screen" option at the lower right of the opening page's photo helps speed the scrolling.

the only surprise to me, is Murray. I think that doesn't make sense... a good bit harsh and off the mark. How can he be a risk, he's a lot? like Logan Wilson... beats me.

Otherwise, not surprised that Batch is on the list - Divlll to the NFL is a very big jump. There's only 4 offensive linemen in the NFL from Divlll. We'll see if Bartch will be number five.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-09-02/players-diii-football-programs-2019-nfl-rosters

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

1. Second-Tier Offensive Tackles

I've heard people saying that we could take a LB'er or something and get an OT later in the draft because it's a deep draft for LT's.   But I had read quite a while ago that there's a huge drop of at OT after the top grouping.  Since we're looking for a LT, I want one at #10.  One of the supposed GOOD ones.

8/8 SLIDES © File photo

Second-Tier Offensive Tackles

One of the truisms about this draft class is that there is a "Big Four" at the offensive tackle position. You could even go beyond that and say there is a "Fab Five," adding in Josh Jones from Houston. Beyond that, however, it gets a bit dicey. Names currently bandied about are Ezra Cleveland, Austin Jackson, Jack Driscoll, and Ben Bartch. But each comes with a risk--whether it's technique, or coming from a school where the level competition plays a factor. (Trevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY Sports)