Jump to content
calfoxwc

Good idea? Maybe Browns trade down with Atlanta?

Recommended Posts

Atlanta sits at 16. If Thomas and Simmons were both gone by 10... I'd seriously think about trading down absolutely.

The trouble is, Jones could be gone...

but it's a draft deep in OT's. So, if there is a second tier guy you really believe in, why not?

If indeed, Ruggs is in that high a demand - we won't draft a wr in the first (I'm pretty sure)...

the extra picks would come in handy, especially with this staff - who I believe will rock every one of their picks.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/atlanta-falcons-potential-trade-partner-for-cleveland-browns

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or Denver

 

Michael Lombardi
 
@mlombardiNFL
· 2h
Denver is trying to make a deal with Cleveland--which seems like the target team to get ahead of two teams that need a wideout, Jets and Las Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES!!!  Especially if the end game could be a a guy like Josh Jones 

They were rumored to be after a QB Just a few days ago.  
 

6 spots in the first round for a player they covet??? Make them pay ALOT 

I love our spot.  I have feeling we get a Tua slide or A team really wanting Love and moving ahead of a few teams just behind us that could take a QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is already a Draft Trade thread on here. Merge maybe.

But....tell us how, with your trade scenarios,  the Browns come out if it with both a top notch LT and a top notch LB....either Queen or Murray

I have seen Jones rated anywhere from mid  1st to late 2d round.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more in favor of trading up than trading back. We HAVE to land starting LT and everybody knows it. I doubt Thomas is there at 10 regardless of what the experts say. Hes a proven LT and I bet hes the first one off the board. If he isn't doesnt land in striking distance than I would probably stand pat at 10 and take Jones. No reason to get cute.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

So, if there is a second tier guy you really believe in, why not?

Hello.... is this thing on?

image.thumb.png.3398c7bdc90d7a3d0f9d4cc38c50bc4f.png

:)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

There is already a Draft Trade thread on here. Merge maybe. 

Fuck your useless thread and for God's sake... learn how to change the size of the images you copy into your posts.

 

At least fuckin' DraftTek didn't have a fuckin' photo of the fuckin #395th player in the fucking draft...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There is already a Draft Trade thread on here. Merge maybe.

But....tell us how, with your trade scenarios,  the Browns come out if it with both a top notch LT and a top notch LB....either Queen or Murray

I have seen Jones rated anywhere from mid  1st to late 2d round.  

It's ""easy" lol.

Trade down, get Jones, or trade down again, and reach on a LT.

Then, "with 2 picks in round 2".... you nab either Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, or Kyle Dugger with one pick, and either another OT, or...

you draft one of the top wr's available.

   In round three (three picks in round 3 >???), I really, really like Logan Wilson, LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Fuck your useless thread and for God's sake... learn how to change the size of the images you copy into your posts.

 

At least fuckin' DraftTek didn't have a fuckin' photo of the fuckin #395th player in the fucking draft...

Do you really want to fuck my thread, i.e. insert your penis into it until you ejaculate?   You do know that that is the definition of the word "Fuck".   (its a common retort I make when people say "fuck you".  I ask if they seriously want to have sexual intercourse with me, right then, right there....it ires them) 

And why do you care how much space that post took up here?  Are you paying extra for how much you have to look at?  (Besides, actually, when I copied it, that text was a very manageable size...but when it pasted, it came out huge like that.  

So, just consider that I did this to aid the visually impaired. 

And I edited it to include just those in the Top 150 prospects to make it more manageable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hello.... is this thing on?

image.thumb.png.3398c7bdc90d7a3d0f9d4cc38c50bc4f.png

:)

LOL. You're right - Peart is very intriguing - but we need a starter that has the strength - not sure Peart is enough of a weight room guy yet.

I like Ben Bartch better - he's meaner, loves the game - he's getting more and more attention:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kyle-dugger-and-ben-bartch-help-boost-their-2020-nfl-draft-stock/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

 

 

It's ""easy" lol.

Trade down, get Jones, or trade down again, and reach on a LT.

Then, "with 2 picks in round 2".... you nab either Tiam's Jeremy Chinn, or Kyle Dugger with one pick, and either another OT, or...

you draft one of the top wr's available.

   In round three (three picks in round 3 >???), I really, really like Logan Wilson, LB.

Well, apparently it isn't that easy because you didn't suggest something that would achieve what I asked:   to get a top notch  LT and  either Murray or Queen.  

And note that Draftek has Jones as only the  48th best overall prospect,  ergo,  perhaps he would be there when we draft at #41.   So, somehow maybe we take one of the LBs in round one, and Jones in round 2.  So...taking Jones in round one, per them....would indeed be "reaching" on a LT. 

Further.....Draftek also has both Antoine Winfield and Ashtyn Davis rated higher than either  Dugger or Chinn.  So, maybe they would be better choices at safety in round 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say draft lamb and then trade him to raiders for two of their 1st rounders this year.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

A trade down and drafting an OT like Austin Jackson seems like a good option if nobody on the board at #10 has great enough value. 

And who, do you propose, who that person would be, not a tackle?  Someone that has dropped a far way?   Okudah? Simmons?    That I could see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a trade down doesn't involve fleecing ATL then either Josh Jones or Matt Peart (as of typing this) then I don't want it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

I say draft lamb and then trade him to raiders for two of their 1st rounders this year.

Why would they trade picks #12 and #19  for the #10 pick?   I mean, I would do that, absolutely.....but I don't think the draft value charts would support that trade.

Unless, maybe, we threw them back #41?    Even then I doubt it works  in either the Jimmy Johnson or Harvard charts. 

Under the Jimmy Chart.......if we gave them  #10....1300 pts  # 41  490 pts, and #74  220 pts   Total  2010   For #12  1200 and #19  875...total  2075...

we would still be   65 pts short....which means we would also have to give them #115...64 pts.

So, would you do that:

#10  + #41 + #74 + #115......FOR

#12 and #19? 

I think it would take some serious thought.      (of course, that would require using the out of favor JJ approach.)

That deal, would be much worse for the Browns using the Harvard chart.    Without listing all the values....that trade would be the Browns giving up 661.9   vs. receiving back  528.2.   NYET

Under the Harvard Chart.....a more workable situation would be  trading #10,  #41 and  #115   (keeping #74)

That would be trading  543.5 pts for 528.2 

THAT could get us  a LT we need, plus either Murray or Queen.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And who, do you propose, who that person would be, not a tackle?  Someone that has dropped a far way?   Okudah? Simmons?    That I could see. 

I’m not sure who will drop. But having the opportunity to draft Derrick Brown would be nice. Andrew Thomas is Worth it at 10. 
It should cost at least a 2nd to trade back 5 spots to Denver, who is looking for a WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derrick Brown? A slower, less agile version of Danny Sheldon... no thanks...

54 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

LOL. You're right - Peart is very intriguing - but we need a starter that has the strength - not sure Peart is enough of a weight room guy yet.

I like Ben Bartch better - he's meaner, loves the game - he's getting more and more attention:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kyle-dugger-and-ben-bartch-help-boost-their-2020-nfl-draft-stock/

The problem with Bartch... his arms scream GUARD!

image.png.25a214528d6f122470f6796d6a28aefa.png

image.png.45d7932130508b7d53fdd414ce33dac2.png

Peart has the longest arms in this draft class and the #2 wingspan behind only S. Carolina State freak, Alex Taylor... who will be a nice 7th round project for some team to pick up...

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55720-combine-ol-measurements/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If a trade down doesn't involve fleecing ATL then either Josh Jones or Matt Peart (as of typing this) then I don't want it.  

And it ain't just ATL apparently... which means the price is rising.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/denver-broncos-targeting-blockbuster-trade-up-with-cleveland-browns

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why would they trade picks #12 and #19  for the #10 pick?   I mean, I would do that, absolutely.....but I don't think the draft value charts would support that trade.

Unless, maybe, we threw them back #41?    Even then I doubt it works  in either the Jimmy Johnson or Harvard charts. 

Under the Jimmy Chart.......if we gave them  #10....1300 pts  # 41  490 pts, and #74  220 pts   Total  2010   For #12  1200 and #19  875...total  2075...

we would still be   65 pts short....which means we would also have to give them #115...64 pts.

So, would you do that:

#10  + #41 + #74 + #115......FOR

#12 and #19? 

I think it would take some serious thought.      (of course, that would require using the out of favor JJ approach.)

That deal, would be much worse for the Browns using the Harvard chart.    Without listing all the values....that trade would be the Browns giving up 661.9   vs. receiving back  528.2.   NYET

Under the Harvard Chart.....a more workable situation would be  trading #10,  #41 and  #115   (keeping #74)

That would be trading  543.5 pts for 528.2 

THAT could get us  a LT we need, plus either Murray or Queen.   

 

No I would not do that trade.

 I think the strength of this draft is in middle and Then there are some serious sleepers that are getting 5/6/7 round grades by experts.

41 74 and 105 will have better production than 19- Just My opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on how the Draft is developing, but I'd certainly consider packing the 10+41+115 for the 12+19...

... then I'd turned around and see what I can get for the 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Derrick Brown? A slower, less agile version of Danny Sheldon... no thanks...

The problem with Bartch... his arms scream GUARD!

image.png.25a214528d6f122470f6796d6a28aefa.png

image.png.45d7932130508b7d53fdd414ce33dac2.png

Peart has the longest arms in this draft class and the #2 wingspan behind only S. Carolina State freak, Alex Taylor... who will be a nice 7th round project for some team to pick up...

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55720-combine-ol-measurements/

That is true - but he is very quick and mirrors very, very well, and in strong. Is it just me? (probably lol) Peart, from reading about him here and there, reminds me of Cameron Erving, OT. 2" less wingspan, but ...Bartch has that mean streak, the physicality... the competitiveness. I think Erving just didn't have the love for the game. He's still around though -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this draft reminds me of hoping Danny Shelton fell to the Browns at pick #12 in the 2015 draft..sweated it out and it happened..were not those browns anymore where we are looking for 10 new starters imho.. were much closer to the 4 ta 5 good punches at the drafting crap-shoot bag... am not budging off from pick ten...he's a starter of need...am looking a way to trade up maybe in 2nd or 4th and maybe finding a 5th with some personal trades...  Vernon/Chad Thomas/Njoku/Lamm or Hubbard might start the top of the list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Derrick Brown? A slower, less agile version of Danny Sheldon... no thanks...

The problem with Bartch... his arms scream GUARD!

image.png.25a214528d6f122470f6796d6a28aefa.png

image.png.45d7932130508b7d53fdd414ce33dac2.png

Peart has the longest arms in this draft class and the #2 wingspan behind only S. Carolina State freak, Alex Taylor... who will be a nice 7th round project for some team to pick up...

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/55720-combine-ol-measurements/

I believe Taylor still available in our BB Mock.....so, thanks for the tip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

this draft reminds me of hoping Danny Shelton fell to the Browns at pick #12 in the 2015 draft..sweated it out and it happened..were not those browns anymore where we are looking for 10 new starters imho.. were much closer to the 4 ta 5 good punches at the drafting crap-shoot bag... am not budging off from pick ten...he's a starter of need...am looking a way to trade up maybe in 2nd or 4th and maybe finding a 5th with some personal trades...  Vernon/Chad Thomas/Njoku/Lamm or Hubbard might start the top of the list

maybe this post was not a good idea? after I hit enter, I go to the fridge to get a beer...look out the new back deck....and.. thick black Smoke & FIRE 🔥 👀... the damn neighbor kids lost a open fire on a nice dry windy day :o .... 4 cops & 4 firetrucks down my driveway later.. am now on a police report as a victim of property damage of some dried up weeds...about 200-300 yards from the house....I'll trade ya my neighbors in any deal!! :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And I edited it to include just those in the Top 150 prospects to make it more manageable. 

Great... cause a question about taking a guy in Round 2 needs to include options down to 150...

Now edit it again and this time double click on the fucking image and change it's size.

You'd think a guy with the most posts here by a wide margin would know this shit... but as I've said before... learning would take time.

 

The rest isn't worth a reply...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Great... cause a question about taking a guy in Round 2 needs to include options down to 150...

Now edit it again and this time double click on the fucking image and change it's size.

You'd think a guy with the most posts here by a wide margin would know this shit... but as I've said before... learning would take time.

 

The rest isn't worth a reply...

It does come out worse on the phone. I will see what I can do   If you say, pretty please, with sugar on top.  Because I didn’t put that up here just to deal with a question about a guy in round two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Peart, from reading about him here and there, reminds me of Cameron Erving, OT.

Ummmm... no... trust me... no...

This ain't Peart...

On 2/12/2015 at 1:04 PM, Tour2ma said:

Cameron Erving: FSU (02-11-15) vs. OK St/ND - no kick; lotta waist bend; feet look heavy; fires out on run blocks; focus? Head? ND's DE Sheldon Day gave fits with low edge rush. I can see as an interior prospect, but would like to see tape on him there.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are those Draftek  OT rankings:

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2020-NFL-Draft.asp

Just a few notes:

Wirfs  #7 overall prospect

Becton #11

Thomas #16 

Jones #28

Cleveland #64

Peart  #138

Alex Taylor #189

Bartch  #313  (UDFA territory)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×