THE BROWNS BOARD

Remember when I said they were trying to trade OBJ?

Icecube

2 hours ago, htownbrown said:

They aren't trading him because no one will give up a 1st rounder, so they are both forced try to make it work. What else can they do? If Mr. Jimmy and Miss Dee can't stomach anything less, this is their only choice. 

So Colin Cowherd totally had the same take as I have today on his show. (I am paraphrasing, obviously.) 

1.) Trade with MN mostly likely won't happen. 

2.) Both MN and Cleveland deny there were even any talks. 

3.) Both MN and Cleveland have recently denied, vehemently, A.) MN was looking to trade Diggs (with days after the denial, they traded him). B.) CLE denied John Dorsey would be fired (days later he was). 3.) CLE denied Mr. Freddie would be fired (days later he was). 

He said where there is smoke there is fire, and it sure seems likely they have been trying to move OBJ, and that it's obvious OBJ isn't happy in da Land (but he won't come out and say so because that won't benefit he or the team if he did). 

The Browns can't stomach basically not getting something NEAR what they paid for him. And if a team can't offer a 1st round this year, they won't move him. Colin thinks OBJ makes them worse because Baker tries too hard to get him the ball, instead of looking for whoever is most open. OBJ only wants to play for a legit super bowl contender and - according to Colin - CLE isn't one. 

This may be a situation where both OBJ and CLE are stuck with each other (unless a true contender loses a star WR at some point). 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Icecube said:

So Colin Cowherd totally had the same take as I have today on his show. (I am paraphrasing, obviously.) 

1.) Trade with MN mostly likely won't happen. 

2.) Both MN and Cleveland deny there were even any talks. 

3.) Both MN and Cleveland have recently denied, vehemently, A.) MN was looking to trade Diggs (with days after the denial, they traded him). B.) CLE denied John Dorsey would be fired (days later he was). 3.) CLE denied Mr. Freddie would be fired (days later he was). 

He said where there is smoke there is fire, and it sure seems likely they have been trying to move OBJ, and that it's obvious OBJ isn't happy in da Land (but he won't come out and say so because that won't benefit he or the team if he did). 

The Browns can't stomach basically not getting something NEAR what they paid for him. And if a team can't offer a 1st round this year, they won't move him. Colin thinks OBJ makes them worse because Baker tries too hard to get him the ball, instead of looking for whoever is most open. OBJ only wants to play for a legit super bowl contender and - according to Colin - CLE isn't one. 

This may be a situation where both OBJ and CLE are stuck with each other (unless a true contender loses a star WR at some point). 

fantasy2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I guess when you can't make an assertion using verbiage, you go here. 

Oh.....never fear, I can make an assertion using verbiage.   But, audio-visual aids  are often more effective and fun.  

Example:   I am just wondering how many clowns can come out of your car.  A demonstration helps:

tenor.gif

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

where there is smoke there is fire, and it sure seems likely they have been trying to move OBJ, and that it's obvious OBJ isn't happy in da Land

1) There's no smoke.  Dorsey [or anyone else] isn't causally related to OBJ in any way.

2) They've been trying to move? Show proof.  someone SAYING something isn't proof the thing happened, dude.  Or, if you want to play the game of words being a standard for proof: I'm calling you a liar right now, and therefore by your own logic you are now definitively for all time a liar.. simply because I said it.

3) OBJ's lack of happiness is not obvious - you've done nothing but repeat assertion with zero proof any events occurred.  In fact, 100% of evidence shows OBJ is quite happy in da Land and is the model teammate.  Don't like it? Show a teammate [not media] disputing the below.

"OBJ is everything you want your teammate to be" - Sheldon Richardson

When Cowturd and Mary Kay both say something and quote the other as having said the same thing.. that does not "Make It Obvious" .. it just means they both are inventing a story out of whole cloth.

You know, gossip.

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

1) There's no smoke.  Dorsey [or anyone else] isn't causally related to OBJ in any way.

2) They've been trying to move? Show proof.  someone SAYING something isn't proof the thing happened, dude.  Or, if you want to play the game of words being a standard for proof: I'm calling you a liar right now, and therefore by your own logic you are now definitively for all time a liar.. simply because I said it.

3) OBJ's lack of happiness is not obvious - you've done nothing but repeat assertion with zero proof any events occurred.  In fact, 100% of evidence shows OBJ is quite happy in da Land and is the model teammate.  Don't like it? Show a teammate [not media] disputing the below.

"OBJ is everything you want your teammate to be" - Sheldon Richardson

When Cowturd and Mary Kay both say something and quote the other as having said the same thing.. that does not "Make It Obvious" .. it just means they both are inventing a story out of whole cloth.

You know, gossip.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. 

You are as obtuse as a Moose.   Again, the rumor was started by some dipshit, hater DJ from NY.   

And if you think Cowherd has any credibility around here....you have not been paying any attention....because the fact is, that he just went by the same rumor started by the same guy. 

Again, any dork with a microphone on a local radio station or any guy with a column in any newspaper, or online format can start a rumor.  And that is all this is.  Fish. 

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are as obtuse as a Moose.   Again, the rumor was started by some dipshit, hater DJ from NY.   

And if you think Cowherd has any credibility around here....you have not been paying any attention....because the fact is, that he just went by the same rumor started by the same guy. 

Again, any dork with a microphone on a local radio station or any guy with a column in any newspaper, or online format can start a rumor.  And that is all this is.  Fish. 

Colin predicted the Browns flame out last year before the season ever started. He was one of the big names in sports talk who did, everyone else was claiming 2019 was going to be a really good season. He is also one of the only ones who predicted Baker would stink last year, way ahead of the curve. He has predicted the Browns saga better than any major sports personality. So, if you are bitter because he was spot on, that is your insecurity and idiocy. He's been on the money. And he's spot on here as well. Just because you're in denial doesn't change the facts; your lack of self esteem doesn't change reality. 

4 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Colin predicted the Browns flame out last year before the season ever started. He was one of the big names in sports talk who did, everyone else was claiming 2019 was going to be a really good season. He is also one of the only ones who predicted Baker would stink last year, way ahead of the curve. He has predicted the Browns saga better than any major sports personality. So, if you are bitter because he was spot on, that is your insecurity and idiocy. He's been on the money. And he's spot on here as well. Just because you're in denial doesn't change the facts; your lack of self esteem doesn't change reality. 

HE, Cowherd  is NOT on the money with anything here.   He is just repeating the rumors.  He is not providing his own insights.  If he had any insights at all....it would have to have been about how Freddie the Clown would be a complete farce. 

Your stupidity....nor your willingness to gobble down anything that fits into your delusions  doesn't change reality. 

55 minutes ago, Icecube said:

do you listen to a word of what Cowherd says on the money? or just circle jerk off to Joy Taylor?  post last FA's last season, this was his on the money projections..

Pitt-10-6 

Browns-9-7 

Ravens- 7-9 

Cinn- 4-12

12 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

do you listen to a word of what Cowherd says on the money? or just circle jerk off to Joy Taylor?  post last FA's last season, this was his on the money projections..

Pitt-10-6 

Browns-9-7 

Ravens- 7-9 

Cinn- 4-12

Not that far off, if Ben didn't get hurt, Pgh easily wins 10 games. Cinci on the mark. Browns a few games off, Raven obviously did better than he had them. 

Fact is, he was way more spot on the Browns than most everyone else. He wasn't choosing them to win the division and he was right. He nailed how Baker was about to crash to earth while everyone else was raving about him. He knew Mr. Freddie was NOT ready to be a head coach. 

Oh, and Joy IS smokin' hot. 

56 minutes ago, Claret&Brown said:

If you predict the browns are gonna suck next year chances are you will be right. 

It doesn't make you some sort of sporting guru that should now be taken seriously. 

Then why did the MAJORITY of media folk buy into the hype last year? Colin was in the minority by saying they were not as good as their hype. 

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Fact is, he was way more spot on the Browns than most everyone else.

He wasn't choosing them to win the division and he was right.

He nailed how Baker was about to crash to earth while everyone else was raving about him.

He knew Mr. Freddie was NOT ready to be a head coach.******** 1 out of 3 ain't bad****** 

9 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Not that far off, if Ben didn't get hurt, Pgh easily wins 10 games. Cinci on the mark. Browns a few games off, Raven obviously did better than he had them. 

Fact is, he was way more spot on the Browns than most everyone else. He wasn't choosing them to win the division and he was right. He nailed how Baker was about to crash to earth while everyone else was raving about him. He knew Mr. Freddie was NOT ready to be a head coach. 

Oh, and Joy IS smokin' hot. 

It looked like you were on your way to being Cowherd's employee of the month until that last comment about Joy navigated you into some potential work place sexual harassment territory. 

Was he really that spot-on with his predictions of how Baker would do as a rookie QB for a team coming off 0-16 football?   Seems to me when he had the opportunity to admit he was wrong - he decided spin it around by asking what good teams did Baker beat in 2018?  Again, he went to a team that was not only 0-16 the year before but winless in 2018 before he took over.  Even the night Baker took over - Cleveland had a 14 point deficit when Baker took his very 1st snap and eventually led Cleveland to a comeback victory.  Cowherd purposely refrains from the whole picture when he pretends Cleveland couldn't beat bad teams the 2 seasons before Baker arrived as 1-31 football would clearly reflected. He knows that; and yet when people point out he was wrong - he jumps right to "Oh yeah - who'd he beat that was any good?"  If you're the big time Cleveland Brown fan - shouldn't you know that Ice?  

21 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It looked like you were on your way to being Cowherd's employee of the month until that last comment about Joy navigated you into some potential work place sexual harassment territory. 

Was he really that spot-on with his predictions of how Baker would do as a rookie QB for a team coming off 0-16 football?   Seems to me when he had the opportunity to admit he was wrong - he decided spin it around by asking what good teams did Baker beat in 2018?  Again, he went to a team that was not only 0-16 the year before but winless in 2018 before he took over.  Even the night Baker took over - Cleveland had a 14 point deficit when Baker took his very 1st snap and eventually led Cleveland to a comeback victory.  Cowherd purposely refrains from the whole picture when he pretends Cleveland couldn't beat bad teams the 2 seasons before Baker arrived as 1-31 football would clearly reflected. He knows that; and yet when people point out he was wrong - he jumps right to "Oh yeah - who'd he beat that was any good?"  If you're the big time Cleveland Brown fan - shouldn't you know that Ice?  

Yea, well, let's not forget the Browns did finally dump the worst head coach in the history of the NFL, to start winning in 2018. That just might have had a little to do with finally ending the stretch of being the lowest of the low (1-31) in the history of the league. Colin was the only major sports talk person who knew the Browns were being over-hyped going into 2019. 

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

Yea, well, let's not forget the Browns did finally dump the worst head coach in the history of the NFL, to start winning in 2018. That just might have had a little to do with finally ending the stretch of being the lowest of the low (1-31) in the history of the league. Colin was the only major sports talk person who knew the Browns were being over-hyped going into 2019. 

While there's some truth to your 1st 2 sentences - you seem reluctant to acknowledge Baker broke the record for rookie TD passes with 27 despite only 13 starts. 

If my memory is correct here - Cleveland had other critics in the media thinking the Browns were over-hyped heading into 2019 such as Stephen A. Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Skip Bayless. I think they all worked for the same network too....

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Oh.....never fear, I can make an assertion using verbiage.   But, audio-visual aids  are often more effective and fun.  

Example:   I am just wondering how many clowns can come out of your car.  A demonstration helps:

tenor.gif

:) A picture is worth 1,000 words. Think we crammed 12 people in my Pinto way back.  I got Lord of the Rings, don't know the other two. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It's completely factual that Cowherd absolutely hates the Browns in general, and Baker in particular. It will be damn hysterical if Mayfield shakes off the sophomore slump and lights it up this year- how Cow-pie will try and spin his way out of it. OBJ to the Vikings may have been a rumor- like Minnesota needs a WR after they unloaded Diggs. Just some theorist trying to connect dots that aren't there. BTW, that's SOP over on the Political Forum. I had to take a break from that cesspool of conspiracy before I went totally nuts.  

2 hours ago, Claret&Brown said:

If you predict the browns are gonna suck next year chances are you will be right. 

It doesn't make you some sort of sporting guru that should now be taken seriously. 

Ghoolie the Seer made a living off of that CB.  I told him- with the epic string of failure the Browns were mired in, predicting everything Browns related was going to suck was about as insightful as predicting water will run downhill.                      

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

predicting everything Browns related was going to suck was about as insightful as predicting water will run downhill.                      

Water also ran down his cheeks when Joe Thomas earned 10 consecutive Pro Bowl honors...  

On 4/17/2020 at 9:13 PM, Icecube said:

And that's how you lose credibility. From here on, I'm passing on reading the rest. 

I don't care about douches if they get things right and make insightful takes. Hell, I don't care if he goes against Baker because our QB has to prove his value on the field and not on social media.

But Colin has made a career of solely arsoning the media. Nothing more. 

I would pay more attention to the homeless guy. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:38 AM, D Bone said:

The NeverEnding Story ... hands down. 

I like Never Ending Story... But I love LOTR. For me that's the one, no doubt.