THE BROWNS BOARD

We are not 3-5 just because of Derek Andersens play

Sony Reed

Yes D.A. has not played like last he did last season but this team is not 3-5 today because of Derek Andersen.

Are we to blame D.A. for all the dropped passes by Braylon

Are we to blame D.A. for receivers running poor routes

Are we to blame D.A. for not having a legit no.2 or no.3 receiver this year

Is D.A. the reason the offensive line has had poor run blocking this year

Do we blame D.A. for the lack of a running game from Jamal Lewis

Do we blame D.A. for Chud failing to make adjustments during games this season

Here are some interesting numbers:

D.A.'s qb rating when we are leading 83.5

Qb rating when we are tied 76.1

Qb rating when we are behind 57.0

3rd down completion percentage 43.4% Qb rating 51.2

3rd down and 8 yards or more D.A. has 8 completions in 32 attempts

Yes D.A. has been awful in some aspects but IMO if we had a running game this year a reliable no.2 or 3 receiver and Chud would make some in game adjustments I think the numbers would not be so bad.

Last year everyone was calling Chud a offensive genius, where is that genius this season or was he a genius because of the poor teams we played last season.

Guest Masters

Is that also why DAs month by month completion percentage has gone down (see the Pluto article) since last year? Even when we were playing those "bad teams" and the running game was effective.

Have we all been watching the same games? DA's play has been horrific. Can everything thing be laid at his shoulders? No. But when he plays well this is a tough team, all you need to do is look at that Giants game, the Giants did not play a bad game and give that win to us, the Browns took that win. They looked great and that is because we had a QB in there that played well. We all wanted DA to play like that every game but he was not able to. This team lacks confidence and leadership. That is partly because of coaching and partly because of DA. That is why you seen us play well against the Giants, confidence was up, and why you see us lose a game like we played against the Ravens. The minute we started to lose our confidence the game we over.

Yes D.A. has not played like last he did last season but this team is not 3-5 today because of Derek Andersen.

Yes D.A. has been awful in some aspects but IMO if we had a running game this year a reliable no.2 or 3 receiver and Chud would make some in game adjustments I think the numbers would not be so bad.

Last year everyone was calling Chud a offensive genius, where is that genius this season or was he a genius because of the poor teams we played last season.

Even if we gave DA credit for every drop the team has had, he would still have the LOWEST COMPLETION RATE IN THE NFL of all starters!!!

How certain are you of what is a poor route vs a poor read vs an inaccurate pass? I know I can't tell the difference!!!

Legit WR's are often MADE! DA's problem is he VERY RARELY went to the off receivers. He focused on BE and K2 over 70% of the time...and that allowed teams to double them and ignore the other receivers...who still didn't get catches because DA STILL ignored them.

Actually, an ineffectual passing game allows teams to put 8 in the box...so yes, he is partially responsible for the poor running game.

I have seen a number of adjustments....but DA has been unable to MAKE those adjustments. DA still struggles with play action and screens, which are essential to break the Cover 2 and 8 in the box...so his limitations have negated many of the adjustments.

I have said this a number of times....but here goes again:

An inaccurate/inconsistent QB causes receivers to develop 'gator arms' as they are always expecting to get lit up on receptions...and it also causes poor route running as they are constantly having to adjust to the pass and have to look back more to locate it. An accurate QB will gain the confidence of the receivers and allow them to run their routes crisply knowing the ball will be there and that they will not get led into a bone crushing hit.

The running game, unless it is dominant to begin with, needs a good play action/short game in order to unclog the lanes. Without the ability to stretch the defense side to side with screens and swing passes (DA sucks at these) the defense can stack the CENTER of the field and therefore overwhelm the OL and clog the running lanes.

It is these two concerns that have allowed teams to shut down our offense. DA is inconsistent and inaccurate...and has a very poor short game. Period.

I am willing to bet that even taking a few more sacks than DA has, BQ's accuracy and short game are going to open up the running lanes....which eventually will reduce the pass rush...which will eventually open up this offense.

Will it happen overnight? Probably not, but I could see it happening by the end of the year.

Our D is ranked 10th in points allowed. Not bad considering the competition.

Our O is ranked 28th and DA is the worse ranked offensive player at 31st.

It's not all DA's fault, but it is the easiest place to start improving our record as he's the lowest rated Browns offensive player and the most promising second string player happens to be a QB.

Quinn time. Not as the total fix, but as the most sensible step in reversing the trend.

Even if we gave DA credit for every drop the team has had, he would still have the LOWEST COMPLETION RATE IN THE NFL of all starters!!!

How certain are you of what is a poor route vs a poor read vs an inaccurate pass? I know I can't tell the difference!!!

Legit WR's are often MADE! DA's problem is he VERY RARELY went to the off receivers. He focused on BE and K2 over 70% of the time...and that allowed teams to double them and ignore the other receivers...who still didn't get catches because DA STILL ignored them.

Actually, an ineffectual passing game allows teams to put 8 in the box...so yes, he is partially responsible for the poor running game.

I have seen a number of adjustments....but DA has been unable to MAKE those adjustments. DA still struggles with play action and screens, which are essential to break the Cover 2 and 8 in the box...so his limitations have negated many of the adjustments.

I have said this a number of times....but here goes again:

An inaccurate/inconsistent QB causes receivers to develop 'gator arms' as they are always expecting to get lit up on receptions...and it also causes poor route running as they are constantly having to adjust to the pass and have to look back more to locate it. An accurate QB will gain the confidence of the receivers and allow them to run their routes crisply knowing the ball will be there and that they will not get led into a bone crushing hit.

The running game, unless it is dominant to begin with, needs a good play action/short game in order to unclog the lanes. Without the ability to stretch the defense side to side with screens and swing passes (DA sucks at these) the defense can stack the CENTER of the field and therefore overwhelm the OL and clog the running lanes.

It is these two concerns that have allowed teams to shut down our offense. DA is inconsistent and inaccurate...and has a very poor short game. Period.

I am willing to bet that even taking a few more sacks than DA has, BQ's accuracy and short game are going to open up the running lanes....which eventually will reduce the pass rush...which will eventually open up this offense.

Will it happen overnight? Probably not, but I could see it happening by the end of the year.

John, have you seen any separation by the other receivers? are the other receivers open

Do you believe if Jamal had more success running more passing lanes would be open?

There have not been many games where there have been 8 men in the box

The offensive lines run blocking has not been very good

What adjustments did you see Chud make in the Ravens or Redskins game?

Guest Masters

have you seen any separation by the other receivers? are the other receivers open

Yes, I have seen other receivers open and get enough seperation. I have also seen DA go to them sometimes but poorly miss them.

Do you believe if Jamal had more success running more passing lanes would be open?

Possibly. It would get 8 men out of the box. Especially if swings, PA, and screens could be run successfully. Plus, there were several people (Lummy looking at you) that gave DA credit for Lewis having success last season.

It has struggled and also looked good at the same time. Even take the BALT game (and no one runs on them). There were times where Lewis got them for 6-7 yards a carry. Then they came in the box and DA couldn't beat the 3rd and 4th string DB.

More playaction, screens, and swing passes. Just a couple of examples.

Let me ask this, do you think this team is better than the one in 05' and 06'? If so, why is it Frye could complete a higher percentage of passes than DA?

have you seen any separation by the other receivers? are the other receivers open

Yes, I have seen other receivers open and get enough seperation. I have also seen DA go to them sometimes but poorly miss them.

Possibly. It would get 8 men out of the box. Especially if swings, PA, and screens could be run successfully. Plus, there were several people (Lummy looking at you) that gave DA credit for Lewis having success last season.

It has struggled and also looked good at the same time. Even take the BALT game (and no one runs on them). There were times where Lewis got them for 6-7 yards a carry. Then they came in the box and DA couldn't beat the 3rd and 4th string DB.

Let me ask this, do you think this team is better than the one in 05' and 06'? If so, why is it Frye could complete a higher percentage of passes than DA?

Frye was a dink and dunk passer afraid to throw the ball downfield, who could not complete 60% of their passes when all you threw were quick slants and dump off passes to Winslow

Charlie Frye is a terrible qb who still would have been the starter last season if he had not been traded, which shows Romeo could not evaluate a qb if a big mac depended on it

Sony let it go, I have been argueing this for quite a while. Observation from a game that looks simple but is highly complicated can be viewed in multiple ways.

Right NOW a majority of Browns Fans are happy, they have been fixated on DA since he started over Quinn. They are happy with the change of direction for various reasons.

This is good for DA and BQ for a lot of reason.

1. what happens if BQ is the same or worse than DA over the next 8 games? what happens if our offense cant put up the points that it does with DA?

2. BQ gets a chance to prove his value and we all get to see if he was worth the 1st round pick.

3. Without the INTENSE limelight on the qb spot Fans may be able to focus on other aspects.

4. IF BQ does not produce DA may finally be backed by the majority of Browns fans, IF BQ does produce DA will get to go to another franchise that will not have the same conundrum of a 1st rounder on the bench the fans want to see.

This is an oppurtunity for the Franchise to see what really is wrong with our team definatively, that by itself is major because we will be able to then address the problems.

Guest Masters

Frye was a dink and dunk passer afraid to throw the ball downfield, who could not complete 60% of their passes when all you threw were quick slants and dump off passes to Winslow

Charlie Frye is a terrible qb who still would have been the starter last season if he had not been traded, which shows Romeo could not evaluate a qb if a big mac depended on it

True on Frye. But those same throws are there and guys open. DA can't make them. Teams play deep and take away the deeper throw, where DA can only be successfull (passes over 10-15 yards). That is where I am going with that. There is no excuse for completing less than 50% of your passes as a starter in the NFL. Even if you are throwing to walk ons.

Frye ended up a bad QB. And he might have still been the QB if not moved. But CLE was right back there this year. The only difference was DA would show up to play every other game, or 1 quarter a game.

DA isn't the only woe on the offense, but the O always starts at the QB. When I see confusion from a QB in the two minute drill (including not knowing what to do and having to go to the sideline to ask), I have to question and think the same issues exist on other plays.

I agree that CF was a dink and dunk passer who didn't go downfield...but that doesn't explain why DA, with his big arm, can't complete swing passes and screens.

DA is just to scatter armed and his inaccuracy lets DB's play off the receivers and still get back in time to make plays. And it eliminates the short game where accuracy is essential. You can miss a long pass by a yard or two and the receiver can adjust...but on short passes it has to be accurate or the receiver can't get to it.

DA has had 16 games to adjust to the short game...and he still misses it. He still overthrows/underthrows/misthrows on a regular basis which allows defenses to crowd the middle of the field (like I said, it may not be 8 in the box, but kills the lanes just the same) because they don't have to respect he screen or swing pass.

Guest Masters

Ahh but the thinking of some is, what if Quinn can take a little of Frye and a little of DA and bring that skill set to the offense? Hopeful? sure. Likely? who knows.

The point is, the Browns were never going to win anythign with Frye at the helm, likewise, it's been proven they aren't going to win anything with DA at the helm. So it's time to give Quinn his shot. If he "falls flat on his face" as RAC said, well then yes, we're all screwed. But fearing what COULD happen is no reason to settle for what is happening.....

I love too how that RAC quote is spun out of context. Those that like to throw that out should listen to what he said after it.

Guest Masters

Oh, and DA has been a dink and dunker too this season, with a poorer completion percentage than Frye. Check this:

has a 49.8 completion rate (33rd in the league)

5.98 yards per attempt (30th)

9 touchdowns in eight games (tied for 14th)

7 interceptions (tied for eighth highest)

a rating of 68.9 (31st), which is ahead of only Tyler Thigpen of Kansas City, Ryan Fitzpatrick of Cincinnati, Brian Griese of Tampa and Matt Hasselbeck of Seattle.

Let's look at some hardcore facts about Anderson for a minute.

1. His QB rating for the season is 68.9, despite only having been sacked 11 times. Big Ben has been sacked 26 times.

2. His QB rating against the AFC North is 53.3, the most important division we play against.

3. His QB rating against the AFC as a whole is 60.7.

4. His completion rate is 49.8 for the season, ranking him 57th in the NFL among QB who have taken a snap. He's right up there with Jamarcus Russell and below Tyler Thigpen and Tarvaris Jackson. Oh, and a guy named Charlie Frye.

5. Anderson is the lowest rated QB in the league with over 200 pass attempts.

6. Anderson has 1454 passing yards after 8 games. That's 181.8 yards per game. Charlie Frye-esque.

7. Against teams with better than .500 records this year, his QB rating is well under 75.

8. He has had a fumble in every game this season except one.

9. In his 5 December games last year he had a 66.6 QB rating. That means he has had a QB rating averaging below 69 for the last 13 games. That's nearly a full season of suckage in a row.

10. When the opponent is tough or there are expectations on his performance, he cracks under the pressure. His QB rating against good teams or in games we needed to win are abysmal. Arizona 71.6, Buffalo 57.1, New England 59, Oakland 57, San Francisco 75.4, Seattle 75, Pittsburgh 45 this year and 75 last year in one game, Redskins 58, Baltimore twice for 49.9... that's a lot of bad QB ratings and alot of bad games.

11. He gets into arguments with his teammates on the field and sidelines almost every game. He is losing the team quickly.

12. Against the AFC North he is averaging 162 yards per game this year.

13. His yards per attempt is 6.0. The average QB with any success is above 7.0. Drew Brees is at 8.4, Kurt Warner 8.2, Ben Roeth 7.1, even Joe Flacco is at 6.7!!!! DA is tied with Kerry Collins at 6.0.

14. His QB rating in the 4th quarter is 64.8.

15. His QB rating with 2 minutes left in a half is 13.2!!!!!!!

16. His QB rating when leading in a game is 83.5, but when we're losing, it's 57. So he wont be helping us once we lose the lead - no comebacks here.

17. His QB rating on third down is 51.2. Throwing the ball at the ground on purpose would give you a 39.7 rating.

18. His Yards per Attempt drops to 5.2 on third downs. Third and long is more than 5.2 yards. Say hello 3-and-out.

19. His completion rate on 3rd down is 43.4%.

20. His QB rating on third down and anything longer than 8 yards is 35.2

21. His QB rating on third down and 3-7 yards is 69.6.

22. His QB rating on 3rd and over 10 yards is 7.5 lol

Of course, Not all of the above can be 100% blamed on DA.

But when you complete half your passes, you're looking at pretty bad odds against going three-and-out on any given series.

He's not clutch, as the stats show. He seems to choke when we need him to come up big (see last week at Baltimore, see last season at Cincinnati when we needed a win to clinch the playoffs, see any Pittsburgh game), the Redskins game,etc.

He has the 4th most fumbles by a QB in the league.

He's in the bottom 5 starting QBs in the league in alot of different categories.

Take away the Giants game and all of his stats drop even lower.

Quarterbacks that have better QB Ratings than Derek Anderson include:

Chad Pennington, Kyle Orton, Jeff Garcia, Matt Cassel, Gus Frerotte, Jamarcus Russell, Jon Kitna, Kerry Collins, JT O'Sullivan, Dan Orlovsky, Joe Flacco... don't tell me you would have wanted ANY of these guys starting for the Browns before this season. Half of the above have already lost their starting jobs or WERE backups that took over for injured starters.

How bad is DA's completion percentage of 49.8%? Kurt Warner is completing 69.9% of his passes. That's twenty percent more. Brees, 69.1%. Pennington, 67.4%. Orton is even at 61.9%. Flacco 61.8! Matt Ryan, 58.6! DAN ORLOVSKY, 56%!!!!! Would you rather have a 49.8% chance to complete a 3rd down pass or 69.9% chance? Or even a 56% chance? Orlovsky is a BACKUP on the Lions and his percentage puts DA to shame. Frerotte, 57.6%, another backup. OSullivan, another backup at 58.4%. Griese 57.1%.

Why should we be OKAY with a LESS-THAN BACKUP CALIBER STARTER?

Who does Drew Brees throw to? Who does Chad Pennington throw to? Do they have big name receivers like Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow, or even Donte Stallworth? Do they have offensive lines like ours? Hell no. Greg Camarillo is Pennington's best receiver! Brees is throwing to Meachem, Moore, Henderson and Billy Miller while Shockey and Colston are/were hurt for crying out loud!

If Brady Quinn falters, I'd be SHOCKED.

I can't imagine why anyone would think that switching from DA to Quinn is something that isn't warranted.

DA hasn't strung together 2 good games in over a YEAR!

Guest Masters
Let's look at some hardcore facts about Anderson for a minute.

1. His QB rating for the season is 68.9, despite only having been sacked 11 times. Big Ben has been sacked 26 times.

2. His QB rating against the AFC North is 53.3, the most important division we play against.

3. His QB rating against the AFC as a whole is 60.7.

4. His completion rate is 49.8 for the season, ranking him 57th in the NFL among QB who have taken a snap. He's right up there with Jamarcus Russell and below Tyler Thigpen and Tarvaris Jackson. Oh, and a guy named Charlie Frye.

5. Anderson is the lowest rated QB in the league with over 200 pass attempts.

6. Anderson has 1454 passing yards after 8 games. That's 181.8 yards per game. Charlie Frye-esque.

7. Against teams with better than .500 records this year, his QB rating is well under 75.

8. He has had a fumble in every game this season except one.

9. In his 5 December games last year he had a 66.6 QB rating. That means he has had a QB rating averaging below 69 for the last 13 games. That's nearly a full season of suckage in a row.

10. When the opponent is tough or there are expectations on his performance, he cracks under the pressure. His QB rating against good teams or in games we needed to win are abysmal. Arizona 71.6, Buffalo 57.1, New England 59, Oakland 57, San Francisco 75.4, Seattle 75, Pittsburgh 45 this year and 75 last year in one game, Redskins 58, Baltimore twice for 49.9... that's a lot of bad QB ratings and alot of bad games.

11. He gets into arguments with his teammates on the field and sidelines almost every game. He is losing the team quickly.

12. Against the AFC North he is averaging 162 yards per game this year.

13. His yards per attempt is 6.0. The average QB with any success is above 7.0. Drew Brees is at 8.4, Kurt Warner 8.2, Ben Roeth 7.1, even Joe Flacco is at 6.7!!!! DA is tied with Kerry Collins at 6.0.

14. His QB rating in the 4th quarter is 64.8.

15. His QB rating with 2 minutes left in a half is 13.2!!!!!!!

16. His QB rating when leading in a game is 83.5, but when we're losing, it's 57. So he wont be helping us once we lose the lead - no comebacks here.

17. His QB rating on third down is 51.2. Throwing the ball at the ground on purpose would give you a 39.7 rating.

18. His Yards per Attempt drops to 5.2 on third downs. Third and long is more than 5.2 yards. Say hello 3-and-out.

19. His completion rate on 3rd down is 43.4%.

20. His QB rating on third down and anything longer than 8 yards is 35.2

21. His QB rating on third down and 3-7 yards is 69.6.

22. His QB rating on 3rd and over 10 yards is 7.5 lol

Of course, Not all of the above can be 100% blamed on DA.

But when you complete half your passes, you're looking at pretty bad odds against going three-and-out on any given series.

He's not clutch, as the stats show. He seems to choke when we need him to come up big (see last week at Baltimore, see last season at Cincinnati when we needed a win to clinch the playoffs, see any Pittsburgh game), the Redskins game,etc.

He has the 4th most fumbles by a QB in the league.

He's in the bottom 5 starting QBs in the league in alot of different categories.

Take away the Giants game and all of his stats drop even lower.

Quarterbacks that have better QB Ratings than Derek Anderson include:

Chad Pennington, Kyle Orton, Jeff Garcia, Matt Cassel, Gus Frerotte, Jamarcus Russell, Jon Kitna, Kerry Collins, JT O'Sullivan, Dan Orlovsky, Joe Flacco... don't tell me you would have wanted ANY of these guys starting for the Browns before this season. Half of the above have already lost their starting jobs or WERE backups that took over for injured starters.

How bad is DA's completion percentage of 49.8%? Kurt Warner is completing 69.9% of his passes. That's twenty percent more. Brees, 69.1%. Pennington, 67.4%. Orton is even at 61.9%. Flacco 61.8! Matt Ryan, 58.6! DAN ORLOVSKY, 56%!!!!! Would you rather have a 49.8% chance to complete a 3rd down pass or 69.9% chance? Or even a 56% chance? Orlovsky is a BACKUP on the Lions and his percentage puts DA to shame. Frerotte, 57.6%, another backup. OSullivan, another backup at 58.4%. Griese 57.1%.

Why should we be OKAY with a LESS-THAN BACKUP CALIBER STARTER?

Who does Drew Brees throw to? Who does Chad Pennington throw to? Do they have big name receivers like Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow, or even Donte Stallworth? Do they have offensive lines like ours? Hell no. Greg Camarillo is Pennington's best receiver! Brees is throwing to Meachem, Moore, Henderson and Billy Miller while Shockey and Colston are/were hurt for crying out loud!

If Brady Quinn falters, I'd be SHOCKED.

I can't imagine why anyone would think that switching from DA to Quinn is something that isn't warranted.

DA hasn't strung together 2 good games in over a YEAR!

Flat out great stuff!!!!

The statistics don't always show the facts. Anyone who watched the Browns play this year could tell you DA stared a hole in his intended reciever's chest before, during and after the throw which resulted in a lot of drops, interceptions, incompletions, and double coverage. If you want the stats, DA is in the bottom 5 of nearly every QB rating in the league. There's really no way to spin it positively. Even when he was having an average game against Baltimore, he blew it by crumbling to the pressure and lobbing it to a guy in the wrong uniform. I'd like to give him a pass for the Pittsburgh game since it was so windy that it wassupposedly difficult to throw, but Big Ben had no trouble zipping the ball all over the field including a long bomb to Holmes for a TD. Anderson has shown in his last 16 starts plus the pro bowl that he cannot grasp the basics of being an NFL quarterback, and he clearly has peaked in his fluke year of 2007 and its downhill from here.

Guest Masters
For God's sake, let's be honest: Derek Anderson has a big arm. He's also inconsistent, erratic, generally inaccurate, immobile, and not terribly bright. He throws a lot of interceptions, probably since Pee Wees.

All in all, he's not good enough. He's Jim Everett.

To quote a guy I wished would post on here (because trust me, you'd all love his stuff) "DA is at worst, Bill Kenney, and at best Jim Hart... maybe a little Steve DeBerg for something in the middle. " And this was said last DEC.

...Jim Hart...

Ouch. That guy had the biggest hip pads ever made. Most immobile QB ever.

Are you sure those were hip pads? I thought he just had an old school version of JaMarcus Russell-ass.

Doug

Guest Masters
Cool, Masters. Dude must've spent some time in KC, referencing Kenney AND Deberg.

You know, the Bill Kenney connection is a good one. He made a Pro Bowl, too.

I don't think he did spend time in KC. The Kenney was indeed a great connection. Dude just knows his football (coaches too). Riffer and JADBF will attest to this guy. He was the one with the great break down of DA I posted earlier this season. Here is a good one on Quinn from last year before the season.

"If you want to tell which one of the guys under center is the "real" quarterback... just watch their feet. Say what you want about the arm or the head... but quarterbacks, like all football players, win with their feet.

Quinn's footwork on his drop, release, and lateral slides is textbook - exactly how you draw it up. It speaks to how much a player has internalized what he's been taught. Quinn has in his head and muscle memory a specific set of responses to external stimuli. He reacts. He doesn't revert. He doesn't have to. He's been conditioned to only respond in certain ways. He's like a machine. And as a coach, you're eyes light up when you see it.

Frye is a reverter. When faced with pressure he reverts to a sort of street-ball sensibility - running here and there, trying to force a breakdown. Don't get me wrong, it's served him well. It's what announcers call "guile", or "moxie". They talk about "improvisational skills" and "never giving up on a play". And most coaches just call it double scotch on the rocks before film study.

Anderson does a bit of the same. Only he reverts to cannon-arming... trying to blast the ball into tight spots, or chucking the long ball to a place where he assumes (and all too often incorrectly) that no one but his guy could possibly get to it.

If you'd like to see some specific examples, watch the tape of the Detroit game if you have one. There are at least two different instances when both Frye and Quinn are forced to roll to their right. Watch them back to back and compare the body movements.

If you watch Frye first it doesn't look all that unusual.

Then watch Quinn. When Brady rolls, watch the 'full-chop' steps he takes. That is shoulders up, ball secure, ribcage lifted, and feet chopping... high. It's a most unnatural way to travel. But it's just how they teach it. He doesn't have to re-load to get rid of the ball. He's in perfect throwing position - he's just moving."

Something I'll be watching during the game tomorrow

Guest Masters
Man I miss JJ, he would have really liked this board with some of the knowledge here.

I am gonna poke him to join. If I return to NE Ohio, I am looking forward to watching games with him.

Aaron Schobel of the Buffaalo Bills was asked WHY Buffalo looks so much stronger than in previous years - I'll paraphrase but he said somethign along the lines of this:

"We FINALLY have a guy that MOVES the chains on offense so when we're BUSTING our tails on the defense we KNOW it's not a wasted cause. We all BELIEVE in our QB as our leader."

When we start out a football game with this message: "don't count on too much from me today - it's the yucky Derek Anderson" do you think I give a rat about Braylon Edwards dropping a RARE pass that leads the receiver?

When a former Conference MVP QB (Gannon) does our game and he says he has been surprised the Browns haven't played Quinn by now - guess what? He fully understands how much the QB means.

Look at Dallas with and without a QB?

Look at Baltimore with Boller vrs Baltimore that went 13-3 w/ McNair and now how they look with Flaccoseagulls.

Look at Atlanta.

Look at the Jets.

Chicago.

It matters if players buy/don't buy into a QB. And you know when home town fans want a new Head Coach? When the QB sucks the most.

The thing I'm absolutely IRATE over is that Phil Savage COMMITTED to Quinn in the 2007 draft so when he was WRONG about Charlie WHY does he an inexpereinced QB that was 0-3 and enormously outplayed by Quinn in the preseason of 2007? Some will say beat 9 pansies and a Seattle team that gets limp wristed on the road - my question is DID IT TRANSLATE TO PLAYOFFS? If not, we SHOULD have played the guy Savage traded away the 2008 first round pick for. That guy is Felix Jones in case you're wondering as you watch Jamal looking like Fred Sanford when he's gotta run. Dude, just hit the same concrete wall that Ruben Droughns and William Green ran into after promising first seasons with us.

I don't care how good or bad the Denver Defense is it's start #1 for Quinn. That's ridiculous the way DA stunk so consistently. Quinn should have been the relief pitcher instead of watching DA embarass himself week after week after week. The Giants game showed me what the TEAM is capable IF/WHEN they get consistency from the QB starting with the first snap. Not that he'll ever admit this but even Loverboy (Lums) was spitting up side by side with his baby gagging on DA's play. We've wasted 2 FULL seasons on Queer-Eye-4-The-Dumb-QB when Quinn could have been WELL seasoned by now. We can have a STRONG finish and go 9-7 or 8-8 but IMO - SHAME on Opie & RAC for thinking we didn't NEED playoffs in the 4th year of their plan. That's a FREAKIN F and I don't feel like saying FREAKIN.

- Tom F. (GOOSEFRABBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Guest Masters
"And most coaches just call it double scotch on the rocks before film study."

Okay, we get Heck back onto this side of the board and we've really god something going. Damn, and ZOMBO!!

That Jason guy was always good for lines like that.

My favorite he ever pulled was: ""My issue with Derrick Anderson is like watching "The Sixth Sense" on TBS... sure it's got it's moments... but I already know how it ends. "

Archived