THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

Either y'all know nothing about this stuff or are too lazy to try.   I will just give answers.

I was going to save this one until tomorrow, but you all knocked out most of the other question today in short order that I will go ahead with this.

This will be a little different....not just one question, but a number of them.    All about Browns history:   Here you go:

1. How many seasons will the Browns now have played, including 2020?

72 Years  (3 year hiatus  96,97,98)

2. How many championships have the Browns won?

8 Titles

3. How many Conference titles have they won?

12 Conf. titles   (meaning  4 in AAFC,  8 in NFL....winning 4 title games and losing 4)

4. How many times have the Browns finished First?

23 times

5.  How many times have the Browns played in the postseason?

29 times

6. How many coaches have the Browns had in their history...including Stefanski,   but not including interim coaches?

19 HCs   (plus interims like Shofner, Robiskie, Williams and others)

7. How many times has a Browns coach won coach of the year.  Which coaches?

8  times as follows:   Paul Brown  4, Sam Rutigliano  2, Forrest Gregg 1, Marty Schottenheimer  1

8. How many times has a Browns player won the MVP award.   Which players

8  MVPs:    Jim Brown 4;   Otto Graham  3;   Brian Sipe  1

9. How many times has a Browns player won the Rookie of the Year?  Which players?

3 ROYs:   Jim Brown,  Chip Banks,  Kevin Mack

10. How many times has a Browns player won  Defensive Player of the Year award?  Which player?

One time:    Michael Dean Perry

11. How many times has a Browns player won the Offensive Player of the Year Award?  Which Players?

3 times:   Jim Brown,  Leroy Kelley, Brian Sipe    (award not given in Otto's days)

12.  Who will be the next Browns player or coach to win any of these Awards? 

Garrett will win a DPOY;    Stefanski will win a COY before he is done.   Baker will win an MVP or  OPOY sometime.  

OK dudes,   this will be like the last Trivia Question for a couple of weeks, as beginning Monday I will be out on the road for  12-14 days.  So, make this count:

In NFL history,   14  players had   8  combined  Kickoff or Punt Returns  for TDs in their careers. 

Name these 14 players. 

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Gayle Sayers comes to mind. Perhaps Gerald McNeil? 

Check on Sayers.  He had 8.  Though  I think at one point he gave up the career duties, and his career was cut so short that he would have been higher

And as much as we loved the IceCube, he only actually ever returned one kick or punt for a TD. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Check on Sayers.  He had 8.  Though  I think at one point he gave up the career duties, and his career was cut so short that he would have been higher

And as much as we loved the IceCube, he only actually ever returned one kick or punt for a TD. 

Yeah, I thought that one was a longshot, but I thought he had more than two return touchdowns. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK dudes,   this will be like the last Trivia Question for a couple of weeks, as beginning Monday I will be out on the road for  12-14 days.  So, make this count:

Are you going to be able to get on here in those two weeks? I was going to post my 'Dutch Questions' Monday, but I can move it up to tomorrow if you can't post starting Monday. 

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you going to be able to get on here in those two weeks? I was going to post my 'Dutch Questions' Monday, but I can move it up to tomorrow if you can't post starting Monday. 

I will be able to answer posts, but I won't be able to copy/paste or really make major replies.  But, I see you did the thing anyway Thx.

In NFL history,   14  players had   8  combined  Kickoff or Punt Returns  for TDs in their careers. 

Name these 14 players. 

Answers.    KO returns first, then punt returns, then total:

Devin Hester   5+14   19

Brian Mitchell  4+9   13

Dante Hall   6+6    12

Eric Metcalf  2+ 10   12

Josh Cribbs  8 + 3  11

Deion Sanders  3 + 6  9

Jacoby Jones  5 + 5   9

Mel Gray  6 + 3    9

Ollie Matson  6 + 3   9

Darren Sproles  2 + 7  9

Desmond Howard   8 + 0   8

Bobby Mitchell  5 + 3   8

Billy White Shoes Johnson  2 + 6  8

Gale Sayers  2 + 6   8

As mentioned, this will be the last one for a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two part question:

A. Name the only states in the US that have a team in one of the other 3 major sports (NBA/NHL/MLB),  but does not have an NFL team.

B.  Name those NFL teams that do NOT play in the city they are named for.    (for purposes of this you can ignore the so call "regional team names like Minnesota, Tennessee, New England, Arizona)

A. Hmmmm, will have to think about that one, I remember reading something like the states with/without pro teams was something like 25/25.  Some obvious like Hawaii some not so obvious like Alabama in the sports rich South.  Georgia has several.

B. Will really have to think about that one.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Two part question:

A. Name the only states in the US that have a team in one of the other 3 major sports (NBA/NHL/MLB),  but does not have an NFL team.

B.  Name those NFL teams that do NOT play in the city they are named for.    (for purposes of this you can ignore the so call "regional team names like Minnesota, Tennessee, New England, Arizona)

A - Oregon, Oklahoma, Utah

B- Detroit Lions, Dallas Cowboys

10 minutes ago, dusty said:

B. Washington Football Team

NY Jets and Giants (not only out of yhe city but out of state)

Buffalo Bills

San Fran Giants

Check on all....and I will assume you meant the 49ers, not the Giants (SF Giants baseball team DO play in SFO)

Note:  still 4 teams in this category.

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is the new stadium that houses the Chargers and Rams actually in Los Angeles proper? 

If that is an answer, you would be right in naming those two. 

Just one left. A bit of a surprising one.  

Oh, look...the Raiders just took the lead in Monday Night Football!

So on the second question we have:

Buffalo Bills

Dallas Cowboys

Washington Football Team Formerly Known as the Redskins

Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Chargers 

New York Jets

New York Giants

Miami Dolphins 

I have no idea on the last one. 

54 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So on the second question we have:

Buffalo Bills....play in Orchard Park NY

Dallas Cowboys.....play in Arlington TX

Washington Football Team Formerly Known as the Redskins.....play in Landover MD.

Los Angeles Rams.....now play in Inglewood CA

Los Angeles Chargers .....now play in Inglewood CA

New York Jets.....play in East Rutherford NJ

New York Giants....play in East Rutherford NJ

Miami Dolphins ...play in Miami Gardens Fla.

You forgot the 49ers...which was gotten....Santa Clara CA

I have no idea on the last one. 

OK, you summed it up for me.....I will add to the above.  see the Highlighted area.

But there is that one team left.

While waiting for the last answer,  I will give you the rest of the story:

"New England" Patriots  play in Foxboro Mass.   FYI, they play closer to downtown Providence RI than to downtown Boston

"Carolina" Panthers  play in Charlotte.   (But "Carolina Hurricanes" NHL play in Raleigh NC)

"Tennessee" Titans play in Nashville

"Minnesota" Vikings play in Minneapolis   (but Minnesota Wild NHL team play in St. Paul)

"Arizona" Cardinals play in Glendale AZ.