THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Jim Brown, Emmett Smith, Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, LT, Earl Campbell, Franco Harris, John Riggins, Payton?......... that's 9 as quick as I could think of them, how many are correct.   :blink:

Bolded are correct.... Brown, Smith, Riggins and Payton, and if by LT you mean LDT, LaDanian Tomlinson, yes.    

No on Dorsett, Dickerson, Campbell and Harris

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bolded are correct.... Brown, Smith, Riggins and Payton, and if by LT you mean LDT, LaDanian Tomlinson, yes.    

No on Dorsett, Dickerson, Campbell and Harris

Now the "others" are coming to mind even though they aren't as popular #99 Sanders or Eric Dickerson, Franco how about Shaun Alexander (sp?).

And.... LT,.  Tomlinson is often referred to by his initials, L.T.  An effective passer on halfback option plays, Tomlinson threw seven touchdown passes and ranks second behind Walter Payton (8) for non-quarterbacks since the AFL–NFL merger in 1970.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Now the "others" are coming to mind even though they aren't as popular #99 Sanders or Eric Dickerson, Franco how about Shaun Alexander (sp?).

And.... LT,.  Tomlinson is often referred to by his initials, L.T.  An effective passer on halfback option plays, Tomlinson threw seven touchdown passes and ranks second behind Walter Payton (8) for non-quarterbacks since the AFL–NFL merger in 1970.

Shaun Alexander is right.       And 'LT" is Lawrence Taylor....wikipedia has it wrong....

Here is Today's Trivia Question:

There have been  Nine (9)  Running Backs in NFL history who have rushed for 100 or more TDs in their careers.

Name as many as you can. 

Answers:

Emmit Smith  164

LaDanian Tomlinson 145

Marcus Allen 123

Walter Payton 110

Jim Brown  106  

John Riggins  104

Shaun Alexander 100

Marshal Faulk  100

And, as noted Barry Sanders gave it up having scored 99 TDs. 

Free to merge.  Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Shaun Alexander is right.       And 'LT" is Lawrence Taylor....wikipedia has it wrong....

Let's see LT himself, wiki or you, hmmmm who's incorrect?  :lol:

Here is Today's Trivia Question:

The Browns last won a Championship in 1964.    There have been 9 "Major League" teams who have gone longer than the Browns have since winning a title...or in a few cases, since coming into existence.  

A few hints/caveats regarding this question:   A.  Keep in mind that the franchise has had to be in existence since before 1964, so  teams created after that date do not count.  B. They are all  NFL/NBA/MLB  teams.  No NHL teams, so don't worry about those.  C. The fact is, most of the franchises that are part of the answer to this question have moved around since winning their last title, or since being formed, so keep that in mind also. 

Name these 9 teams. 

DET Lions comes to mind first followed by our beloved Indians then maybe the NY Knickerbockers and I'm sure a few more obscure teams....... Championship wise.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If you say LT  no one thinks of Tomlinson, they think of Taylor.

I immediately thought of LT, so does LT's mother's among many others.

You sound like a lawyer trying to support a losing side.   ;)

Just now, mjp28 said:

I immediately thought of LT, so does LT's mother's among many others.

You sound like a lawyer trying to support a losing side.   ;)

You sound like the side that is losing.   If you want some support, buy a bra.    Yes, I immediately thought of Lawrence Taylor, and do did Taylor's mother

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

DET Lions comes to mind first followed by our beloved Indians then maybe the NY Knickerbockers and I'm sure a few more obscure teams....... Championship wise.

Lions, Indians  check.   Knicks, no.  (they won titles in 1970 and '73).   

And why would you think that ANY  NFL/NBA/MLB team is "obscure"?     We are not talking about college ball here.  No team comes out of "obscurity"  to win a pro championship.    There aren't any Butlers or VCUs, or George Mason's in the pro ranks.  

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Lions, Indians  check.   Knicks, no.  (they won titles in 1970 and '73).   

And why would you think that ANY  NFL/NBA/MLB team is "obscure"?     We are not talking about college ball here.  No team comes out of "obscurity"  to win a pro championship.    There aren't any Butlers or VCUs, or George Mason's in the pro ranks.  

Just from a 10, 20 or whatever Championship reunion celebration point of view.

I'm thinking the list includes both MLB and NBA teams along with the more popular NFL variety.......ummm, I'm thinking of a few.

Oh easy the lovable Buffalo Bills, San Diego Padres and possibly the defunct Chargers.  NBA, hmmm.

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You sound like the side that is losing.   If you want some support, buy a bra.    Yes, I immediately thought of Lawrence Taylor, and do did Taylor's mother

Isn't that the job of the lawyer to represent the client regardless of the strength of the case ?

And the one LT is from the Parcells era, I remember a lot of stories about LT some from LT himself.  The other LT is 20 years later a 21st century professional football player.

28 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Isn't that the job of the lawyer to represent the client regardless of the strength of the case ?

And the one LT is from the Parcells era, I remember a lot of stories about LT some from LT himself.  The other LT is 20 years later a 21st century professional football player.

No, it isn't really.  The job of a lawyer is to also tell a client when he is a loser and what to do about it.  So, you are a loser and what you should do about it is to just STFU before you dig yourself a deeper hole. If a client refuses to recognize that he is a loser, the lawyer is not obligated to continue with what he believes is  a losing cause....unless, of course that client's wants to pay heavily for the right to become a loser.  Of course, most of those types of idjits will blame the lawyer for losing even though the lawyer warned the client that he is a loser. 

54 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh easy the lovable Buffalo Bills, San Diego Padres and possibly the defunct Chargers.  NBA, hmmm.

Not so easy, apparently, as the Bills and Padres are incorrect, and while the Chargers are a correct answer....where in the fuck are you getting the idea that they are defunct?  Hello! McFly, is anybody home?  The Chargers still play in the NFL. 

Bills last won in 1965.  Padres did not begin existence until late 1969.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No, it isn't really.  The job of a lawyer is to also tell a client when he is a loser and what to do about it.  So, you are a loser and what you should do about it is to just STFU before you dig yourself a deeper hole. If a client refuses to recognize that he is a loser, the lawyer is not obligated to continue with what he believes is  a losing cause....unless, of course that client's wants to pay heavily for the right to become a loser.  Of course, most of those types of idjits will blame the lawyer for losing even though the lawyer warned the client that he is a loser. 

I do understand the fiduciary duties of attorneys, CPAs and other professional people to their clients and am leaving it die right there before this gets way off topic.

So, you are a loser and what you should do about it is to just STFU   now that's very unprofessional and something I'd never put it up on a sports board.

And LaDanien Tominson is widely known in the NFL and sports world as LT just like the other LT.   ;)

EOM.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

I do understand the fiduciary duties of attorneys, CPAs and other professional people to their clients and am leaving it die right there before this gets way off topic.

Apparently you do NOT. There may be situations where an attorney, once committed must continue with a case....but those are very rare, and only would apply at a judge's insistence. 999 times out of 1000 if an attorney did not wish to continue with his representation, he would not be obligated to. 

So, you are a loser and what you should do about it is to just STFU   now that's very unprofessional and something I'd never put it up on a sports board.

Here is little clue for you:  sometimes a client needs the proverbial 2x4 upside the head to get them to see reality.

And this IS a sports board...like a bar room....it is not my office or my courtroom.  

So, what kind of a shitty job did you do in your profession?

And LaDanien Tominson is widely known in the NFL and sports world as LT just like the other LT.   ;)

EOM.  

IMO

FIFY