THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Wait! what? for one.. change your avatar.. I thought MJP28 stole your laptop;).. Can I challenge your call? Bud Grant played for the Eagles.. & that damn Ulysses was a President    

There have been several players with the last name Grant that have played in the NFL.   So, you can challenge all you want:   Your challenge is DENIED!!

And yes,  I have kidnapped...sort of...mjps avatar, and will release it when he pays the ransom. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There have been several players with the last name Grant that have played in the NFL.   So, you can challenge all you want:   Your challenge is DENIED!!

The finer Details? I pay close attention to only one.. 

Lets try the street in Toledo where the Hookers hung out?   JEFFERSON ?     

All Done.    

There has NEVER  been someone play in the National Football League  that had the exact same last name as   Seven (7)   of our Presidents. 

Give those  7 names.  

Answers and explanations:

Fillmore

Taft

(nothing really close for Taft and Fillmore)

Coolidge   (closest:   Cooley)

Eisenhower........but there was an Eisenhauer

Obama:    but there has been an Obada, and an Obomanu

Trump......but there was Bob Trumpy

Truman    Trumpy would have been the closest similar name here as well. 

Notes:

Interesting that  Trump/Truman begin with the same 4 letters but are not the same name.   Those are the only Potus names to do that...except: 

You do have the  4 sets of related Presidents with the same last name:  Adams, Bush, Harrison, Roosevelts.   

Johnson then is the only name that is the same with 2 unrelated Presidents. 

Aside from Trump/Truman the only other Potus names that start with the same 3 letters are Harding with the Harrison boys. 

(no other name comes close to being the same as Biden)

By the way no NFL player by the name Biden has ever played in the league.

Here is today's Trivia Question....     This one could be kind of hard (a followup on the Potus theme)      I am going to give you one list  of the name of Presidents,  alphabetically.   Then I will give a second list  of the names of  Football people...mostly Hall of Famers. (Including players, coaches, executives)   

Your job is to match the President with the Football player  by  who attended the same college.      I will give you an example:  Donald Trump attended  Penn,  HOFer  Bert Bell  attended Penn.  Match those two together.

Presidents (alphabetically)

Jimmy  Carter.    Bill Clinton.     Millard  Fillmore.     Gerald Ford.    Benjamin Harrison.     William Henry Harrison.  Herbert Hoover.     John F. Kennedy.      Richard Nixon.    Barack Obama.      James K. Polk.     Donald Trump.     Woodrow Wilson

NFL  People (alphabetically)

Chuck Bednarik.     Paul Brown.     Dan Dierdorf.     John Elway.   Henry Jordan.    Sonny Jurgenson.     Marv Levy.    Vince Lombardi.      Sid Luckman.     Khalil Mack.     Roger Staubach.     Paul Tagliabue.   Lawrence Taylor.     

Note.....edited with interlineation to note those that have been answered correctly

22 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Captain Bonespurs/Bednarik (Penn)  This one IS correct,,,,However....there is another matchup for both of them, so I am keeping it open

Ford/Dierdorf (TSUN)  Yes

JFK/Roger Staubach (Navy)  NO, JFK did not go to Navy.  He was in the Navy, but did not attend the Naval Academy. 

Yeah, I'm not kidding this time, this one is rough. I know a few on one side or another, but have no idea on matching them. 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:05 PM, The Gipper said:

And yes,  I have kidnapped...sort of...mjps avatar, and will release it when he pays the ransom. 

I guess the Gipper and I came to terms already.  (we're both cheap :lol:)

........he's now having a Woodstock flashback.

Holy crap I know most of the football guys but the president's alma maters are tricky......and sometimes surprising.

Jimmy Carter was an Annapolis guy with Staubach to get started.

Trump and Bednarik both Penn guys......the odd couple but one had someone do his MBA stuff there at Warton.  ;)

8 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

How about Garfield? 

Hmm, I think you are right.  I must have missed that one.  Do not see any  NFL cats named  Garfield.  ;) So make that 8 names. 

The thing is,   the names  Taft and Garfield are so ubiquitous around Ohio,  we forget that really these are very rare names.

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Jimmy Carter was an Annapolis guy with Staubach to get started.

Yep! the only one i knew..as dad was a Navy guy.. Eisenhower & that damn Ulysses S. Grant went there too.. Gipper has something against that Grant fellow as president;)  

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

Yep! the only one i knew..as dad was a Navy guy.. Eisenhower & that damn Ulysses S. Grant went there too.. Gipper has something against that Grant fellow as president;)  

Yea....Grant and Ike went to Navy.    Keep thinking Butch.   (I didn't want to overload the thread,  so I did not include West Point...where Grant/Ike actually went.  No PFHOFer went to Army....but I am sure I could have included the likes of  some Army guys.    Doc Blanchard  did not play in the NFL FYI.  Glenn Davis played only in like 16 total NFL games.  Same with Angelo Bertelli.      Name a top notch NFL player that went to Army. 

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Yeah I knew that from my dad who was a NAVY guy in WWII and Korea.  My dad wanted to take me to see Staubach in his NAVY days when I was a teenager but we never made it.  I also wanted to play football at Annapolis but a knee injury wiped that out, I had the pull with my dad and local politicans to give it a shot.......and right in the Vietnam era.

And I don't know what the Gip would have against US Grant,  but he is having a Woodstock flashback.   Great music !

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

My dad wanted to take me to see Staubach in his NAVY days when I was a teenager but we never made it.  

We got to see Staubach twice at Navy. Fun times..We also saw Marino & Dorsett at Pitt play at either South Bend? or The Big House up in Michigan? I'd have check the ticket scrap book on that one..🤔

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah I knew that from my dad who was a NAVY guy in WWII and Korea.  My dad wanted to take me to see Staubach in his NAVY days when I was a teenager but we never made it.  I also wanted to play football at Annapolis but a knee injury wiped that out, I had the pull with my dad and local politicans to give it a shot.......and right in the Vietnam era.

And I don't know what the Gip would have against US Grant,  but he is having a Woodstock flashback.   Great music !

OK,  move along.

Just now, gumby73 said:

We got to see Staubach twice at Navy. Fun times..We also saw Marino & Dorsett at Pitt play at either South Bend? or The Big House up in Michigan? I'd have check the ticket scrap book on that one..🤔

None of what you say is a correct answer.   No President ever attended Pitt or Notre Dame. 

But...they have attended or been associated with Hiram, Mt. Union, Kenyon,  Miami Oh. , Muskingam, Cincinnati....but none of those are applicable answers above. 

24 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Answer this trivia question: Who used these 3 words in the same sentence: Like Ike Bike 

Our president ?