THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

AFC: New England, Buffalo, Baltimore, Kansas City, Houston, Tennessee

NFC: Philadelphia, Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans, totally whiffing on 6th team

I promise Gip, there was minimal knob gobbling by me.  

I gotcha.   These are right except the one you left off. 

42 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Wow you are an angry old man, or a big bad ole man. You had to use the lords name there, and I know you did it EXACTLY for a reason. 

You want people to respect your opinion/feelings yet act in that kind of manner.

I didn't disrespect anyone, yet you do it often on here. You only see a problem with it when it is at your expense. 

My point was made. I never once claimed to know the answers (aside from answering them, and from a previous point, without even knowing you accused me of cheating). The point wasn't to show off any knowledge, its that i answered and the accusations. 

What I see with you isn't what a teacher does when they give a test. They have to know the answers to give to their students. You just won't admit that you don't know all the answers to your trivia before coming up with them.

But just out of pure curiosity, exactly which one of those 9 QBs actually is shocking, since before you even knew I had to find out the last 1 (in which I read 2) you knew I did? Most of these are pretty recent. I believe even with Stafford he has had 2 years close to or over 5000 yards. 

I'm done with you. I won't bring up any of the past things, all I will say is that until you treat others the way that you feel is deserved of you then expect occasionally to have your party ruined.

So perk up sunshine, nobody mentioned anything political which should make your day. 

Bottom line:  you are a disrespectful, dishonest cheat....and you offer no apology for being so. 

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Bottom line:  you are a disrespectful, dishonest cheat....and you offer no apology for being so. 

I apologize I took the opportunity away from someone else. 

You calling someone disrespect is even funnier than some of the things that come out of the POTUS mouth that you hate.

Dishonest, nope not at all. I never ONCE claimed that I did that without looking it up. 

But you overlooking your misgivings to  accost someone else is lame.

You come across as an internet bully, but instead of asking all big and bad, you just try to act intellectually superior. When all you are is someone who LOOKS THINGS UP, puts them into a trivia, and then get off on telling others how they are wrong.

So either put up or shut up. Either admit or lie. BEFORE you start to make a trivia question, do you know all the answers? 

If you answer No, which everyone on here knows is the truth, then all you are doing is using a crutch to bolster your self esteem. And if you answer YES, everyone hear will call BS, as you are the same person who didn't know what position a player the Browns signed played. So that would make you everything you just called me plus a liar.

So go ahead and keep disrespecting people on here, and whenever I have the inclination I will ruin something for you, or call you out on your constant crap.

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

You calling someone disrespect is even funnier than some of the things that come out of the POTUS mouth that you hate.

Dishonest, nope not at all. I never ONCE claimed that I did that without looking it up. 

You come across as an internet bully, but instead of asking all big and bad, you just try to act intellectually superior. When all you are is someone who LOOKS THINGS UP, puts them into a trivia, and then get off on telling others how they are wrong.

Well, I am intellectually superior to you.  And certainly more intellectually honest than you. 

So either put up or shut up. Either admit or lie. BEFORE you start to make a trivia question, do you know all the answers? 

Well...fuck NO idiot.  Of course not. And I I NEVER claimed that I did....I said all along I have to do research on these....and I do so to test everyone elses knowledge to see if they know some part of the question or question.

If you answer No, which everyone on here knows is the truth, then all you are doing is using a crutch to bolster your self esteem. And if you answer YES, everyone hear will call BS, as you are the same person who didn't know what position a player the Browns signed played. So that would make you everything you just called me plus a liar.

Again, never claimed to know all these answers...always claimed to have to look them up. You are a fucking liar and a cheat and a fucking idiot if you claim I ever said otherwise.    I do this for the following reasons:  A. to inform myself, and B.  to have fun with it and to allow others to test their knowledge on this stuff. I certainly never expect anyone to know everything...and I only ask that they give an honest effort.  

In your case, however, we all now know that the word "honest" cannot be associated with you. 

So go ahead and keep disrespecting people on here,

Nope...henceforth....just you. 

and whenever I have the inclination I will ruin something for you, or call you out on your constant crap.

Not ruining it for me, per se.   You ruin it for others who do like to play.  mjp, Dutch, Icecube, Gorka, SBBrowns Backer etc.  and any number of others who like to try their hand at it, regularly or occasionally.  I could just list the data/information points that I do the research on with these if the point was just to  relate the data points,   but, like anyone going to a pub trivia quiz, it is all about having fun with it and testing oneself.  But then there you are,  a self righteous little cheating cunny who comes along and takes pleasure in ruining things for others.  Must make you proud to have the  low self esteem that makes you want to spoil things for others.   Here is a blurb from Psychology Today to help you identify yourself:

We are talking about people who have had a terrible disappointment in their lives that they have never been able to get over so they are stuck and cannot move forward or away from it. you are talking about the ‘deniers’.

They deny the very existence of their sad miserable beginings. So they invent a new one in it's place, or they glorify what's happened to them they too, will unleash. We are talking about the misery they feel way deep deep down inside a twisted and bitter place they still deny even exists.

They are miserable so miserable very miserable themselves. Which is why they make sure to drag as many people down with them that they can. This is their philosophy and this is their psychology, also.

They have no peace. no self love or respect. Biterness taints everything they think. Everything they feel and everything they do.

Sadly, these are also people that have been and are, very damaged, very lonely very sad rejected individuals.

Or, as a popular animated character said:

Buzz lightyear GIF - Find on GIFER

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

See pal, you prove everything I was trying to convey in this one post.

You REFUSE to admit to admit how you routinely disrespect others on here. You just deflect. Doesn't surprise me.

And when I do look at your trivia (which isn't a bad thing), maybe it is just the manner in which your other posts go, but it seems like you enjoy telling others they are wrong.

You just THINK you are superior. And you ACT as if you are superior. But its just a defense mechanism. Sure, there would be some subjects you would know more than the vast majority of people on here because that would be your specialty. Just like others would have over you.

But please Mr. Self Righteous, go ahead and say you don't disrespect other folks on here who have the same right to be here and should expect to not be disrespected. I'll bet those folks you mentioned didn't feel disrespected by my answering it. 

And no hoss, I NEVER lied. I admitted that I looked up the last person. I admitted I was wrong on Montana. So exactly what did I lie about? 

You are just some crabby man who didn't experience any athletic talents in your glory days, so you learned to use your brain. Which is nothing wrong with that. But to be disrespectful to anyone who doesn't agree with you is out of bounds. All that does is show that you aren't intelligent enough to have a meaningful conversation about a topic. And you know nothing about me or others on here, which means you have no idea if you are more intelligent. I am sure you have some good retort though.

I will back off this if you do what you expect others to do, be truthful and admit their faults. Admit that you have been disrespectful, tried to explain away your incorrectness, and expected things that you weren't willing to give yourself.

But I'll tell ya what sport, I certainly won't hold my breath. And I am done with this conversation. Whenever I do decide to get back on here, if you have some kind of trivia up I will answer without looking (AGAIN, I LOOKED UP 1 PERSON this time, so YES I CHEATED, only to prove a point; see I admit things I do). 

Peace out home slice. Go yell expletives at someone else and mock something they believe in. Hmm, notice in every one of these messages I have had to you I haven't had to use one expletive. 

20 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

So go ahead and keep disrespecting people on here, and whenever I have the inclination I will ruin something for you, or call you out on your constant crap.

I had an OWE( Occupational Work Education) teacher who was sort of like Gip... He was like Mr.Vernon in the Breakfast Club.. The guy was a real asshole... His name was Greg Sattler.. I remember once he gave us all this questionaire once and said there were no wrong answers then proceeded to tell me my answers was wrong... I hated this ass hat so much I would get up in the middle of class and leave for the day. And go drink beer lol... He used to whine like a kunt when his wife got preggo because he couldnt stay up late and drink anymore.. The guy was a real tool...

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

See pal, you prove everything I was trying to convey in this one post.

You REFUSE to admit to admit how you routinely disrespect others on here. You just deflect. Doesn't surprise me.

No...just to YOU. 

And when I do look at your trivia (which isn't a bad thing), maybe it is just the manner in which your other posts go, but it seems like you enjoy telling others they are wrong.

You just THINK you are superior. And you ACT as if you are superior. But its just a defense mechanism. Sure, there would be some subjects you would know more than the vast majority of people on here because that would be your specialty. Just like others would have over you.

I am superior to you....but then so is every single other person on this board. 

But please Mr. Self Righteous, go ahead and say you don't disrespect other folks on here who have the same right to be here and should expect to not be disrespected. I'll bet those folks you mentioned didn't feel disrespected by my answering it. 

The only one that should feel disrespected is YOU....because you are the only one that the statement applies to. 

And no hoss, I NEVER lied. I admitted that I looked up the last person. I admitted I was wrong on Montana. So exactly what did I lie about? 

About that I made a claim that I knew all these answers without researching them. Of course I researched them and never claimed that I didn't. You just pullled that out of your arse.

You are just some crabby man who didn't experience any athletic talents in your glory days, so you learned to use your brain.

Except I did experience athletic talents and success...to a point. I played organized baseball or softball from like 8 years old until my Senior Year in HS.  My Babe Ruth League won the local championship and went on to play in the State Tournament when I was 15. I was starting center fielder.  I was trying out for the HS varsity league when I tore my  ACL in practice.  That put me out of action for 2 years (1968-1969...medical techniques and rehab  for that injury are not what they are today.  But I came back and lettered my Senior Year.  Admittedly I was no star, but I did play.  I was asked to try out for the Akron U baseball team, but the writing was on the wall there and I knew I could not compete at the college level.  I stuck to playing in like local softball leagues after that.   I did try out for the Varsity basketball team,  but since they only had  12-15 members on the roster I was not quite good enough for that....either that or the coaches had the minds made up who was going to make the squad. Looking back, I have no quarrel with whom they selected, as there were several guys in my class in the  six foot four, six foot five range with broad shoulders (in the late 60s..which was good size then...I  was really a skinnier guy)    And  yes, looking back, they were better basketball players than I was.   I was only 6'2" .   Plus we had some underclassmen who were real sharpshooters, and while I was an OK shooter, I was not as good as they are.  I think one of them still holds the school record for most points scored in a game...nearly 50 years later,  pre-3 pt shot.  Beyond that I was probably like most others on here:   like I said, softball leagues,  golf leagues, bowling leagues.  While sure, there was a certain amount of competition in those, they were mostly just for recreation.  But, yes, I always knew I was going to have to use my brain.  While I was not in the Top Ten in PGA in my class, I was borderline Top 10% (meaning about  Top 25 out of  250).  But I came from a family that never knew what going to college was all about, so there was no direction there toward getting any scholarships or getting into any school other than the local commuter school....which is Akron U....and which was fine. I did well enough in college and on my LSATs to get into law school.  I never got a penny in scholarships in either undergraduate or Law school.  I had to work and pay my way through both. The only student loans I had to take out were for my  2d and 3rd year of law school, which were paid off on time.  None of my other 5 siblings had more than a couple of college classes...except my brother did complete a trade like education at a farrior school in Oklahoma  (Horseshoeing). So, yes, I am keenly aware of the value of education, which I instilled in my children and of which honestly I am most proud of.  My son attended arguably THE best academic institution in the State of Ohio as an undergraduate(Kenyon); and he is now about to complete his PhD. in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry from Cornell University which of course is one of the 8 Ivy League schools in this country.  My daughter attended perhaps the 2d best academic institution in the state of Texas (after Rice...Trinity) and is doing well with her very difficult teaching position...as well as getting married in about 21 days).

Let's see....this is a trivia quiz.  So there is a correct answer.  When someone gives an incorrect answer I simply say "NO".......what am I supposed to say?  I say no to an incorrect answer so that either that person can try again, and so that others participating can know that that particular answer is wrong so they won't go there.  

What else do you expect someone to say when a person has given an incorrect answer?  

Beyond that, occasionally I have conversations on this forum here with people over opinions....like the surveys that I do where people give their opinions.  

Have you never engaged in a sports debate?  Like in  a bar room....which is what all this forum is really.  Before the internet you had to go to a bar to have a spirited debate, or do it in some other context. are you opposed to that sort of thing?

I mean, somewhat recently I had a spirited debate with a nephew about the basketball GOAT.   IMO, Lebron is better than Jordan.  And FYI....I would NOT put Jordan in my Top 5.  Yessir:   Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Magic, LeBron all go on my list ahead of MJ.  That is my opinion everyone.  Don't like it? TT.   Russell led his team to far more titles than Jordan.  Kareem won as many titles...and more MVPs.  Wilt was....well...Wilt, the greatest physical force in the history of the game...look at the stats.  Magic was a champion from Day one in this league, and may have had more if not for a couple of factors:  HIV which curtailed his career, and Larry Bird and the Celtics.  MJ never faced the competition that  Magic did in the finals.  MJ never faced the competition that LeBron faced in his many Finals (No team MJ ever met in the Finals was close to being as good as the Spurs or Warriors ever were)....and LBJ was/is the most well rounded, multi-skilled player the game has ever seen.  He is a combination of MJ, Magic,  and Karl Malone.  I also think that MJ was very much a product of the coaching of  Phil Jackson.  Think about it....MJ never won anything without Phil, but Phil won 5 times without MJ.   Phil had an MJ clone in Kobe, who is barely a pubic hair less of a player than MJ, if at all.  And LeBron....he took teams to the NBA finals with coaches like  Mike Browns, and David Blatt, and a couple of others whom he had success with.   So, yes, MJ is in my 6-10 list, with Kobe and some others, but not Top 5  IMO.  

Here is Today's Trivia.    Except....there is no question here.   Just Trivia data points:

# The Browns have never played any of the following current teams in the postseason:  Eagles, Redskins, Falcons, Saints, Bucs, Panthers,  Bears, Seahawks, Bengals, Ravens,  Jaguars, Texans, Chargers, Chiefs.

# The Browns have played the following teams in postseason play the most:    Lions  4,  Broncos  3, Rams 3,  Colts  3

# The biggest lead the Browns have ever blown in a regular season game to lose was  23 points in 1991 vs. the Eagles

# The biggest lead the Browns have ever blown in a playoff game was 18 points  vs. the Dolphins in the 1985 season  18 pts.   They also blew a 17 point lead in 2002 vs. the Steelers in the playoff

# The biggest comeback win the Browns have ever had in the regular season was  25 pts. vs. the Titans in 2014

#The biggest comeback win the Browns have ever had in the postseason was 10 pts. vs. the Jets in 1986 season

# The following are the top 5 in Browns history in TD passes thrown:   Otto Graham  174; Brian Sipe 154; Frank Ryan 134;  Bernie Kosar  116;  Bill Nelsen  71

# The following are the top 5 in Browns history in  Games won as a starting QB:   Otto Graham  57....but these do NOT include AAFC years (so he probably had close to 100 wins or more:   Brian Sipe  57; Bernie Kosar 53; Frank Ryan  52; Bill Nelsen  34

# Post season  TD passes for the above main Browns QBs:  Kosar  16;  Otto Graham: 14; Frank Ryan  6,  Bill Nelsen  3;   Brian Sipe   -0-

# Otto Graham had a 9-3 postseason record as a starting QB;   Bernie Kosar  was  3-4;  Bill Nelsen was  2-3;  Frank Ryan was  1-2;   Brian Sipe was 0-1

# In his careeer with the Browns....Mike Phipps threw   81 Interceptions  in   40 games.   In his career with the Browns Bernie Kosar threw  81 interceptions in 108 games. 

Here is today's Trivia Question:

In their histories,  the 4 teams in the AFCN  (Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers).....have had  11 either WRs or TEs or combination receiving role  who have played for these teams make the Hall of Fame.   This figure also includes any  WR/TE that had a "cup of coffee" with any of these teams.

Name these   11  WRs/TEs

We should know these (until you go to list them):

Ozzie of course our #1.  Then Warfield,  Swann, Ward, Stallworth the best Steeler, Tommy McDonald, the rest must go back a bit or are the cup of joe guys.

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We should know these (until you go to list them):

Ozzie of course our #1.  Then Warfield,  Swann, Ward, Stallworth the best Steeler, Tommy McDonald, the rest must go back a bit or are the cup of joe guys.

Highlighted are correct.   Ward is not in HOF. 

In their histories,  the 4 teams in the AFCN  (Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers).....have had  11 either WRs or TEs or combination receiving role  who have played for these teams make the Hall of Fame.   This figure also includes any  WR/TE that had a "cup of coffee" with any of these teams.

Name these   11  WRs/TEs

Answers, by team:

Ravens:    Shannon Sharpe

Bengals:  Charlie Joiner,  Terrell Owens  (I don't even remember him playing for the Bengals, but he did for a year)

Steelers:  John Stallworth,  Lynn Swann

Browns:    Dante Lavelli,  Mac Speedie, Tommy McDonald,  Paul Warfield,  Ozzie Newsome

Note:  the Browns have as many as the other 3 teams combined.

Bold means that the team was the primary team that the player played for in his career.   Non-bold means these players just had a "cup of coffee" with that team.  (usually only 1-2-3 years at most)

• 3 weeks later...

I know the top four and probably could get most if not all of the next six but in order eh?

The top four - Otto, Sipe, Frank Ryan and of course Bernie.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Back to Trivia after a hiatus.   Here is today's question:

Name the 10 QBs who have thrown the most TD passes in Browns history.   And in doing so, see if you can put them in proper order. 

Bernie, Sipe, Otto, Ryan, Phipps, Vinny T., Derek Anderson, Baker,

not sure after but maybe Kelly Holcomb, Hoyer 

I think Milt Plum may be in there, in fact I'm sure he threw WAY more TDs for the Browns than Phipps! I can't believe Phipps would be top 10. Could Couch sneek in our top 10?

Mike 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I think Milt Plum may be in there, in fact I'm sure he threw WAY more TDs for the Browns than Phipps! I can't believe Phipps would be top 10. Could Couch sneek in our top 10?

Mike 

Mild success and any kind of longevity (in our sense of longevity) would do it.  Yeah why not Couch- I forgot about him.

Plum too. 

Otto, Sipe, Ryan, Kosar, Nelson, Couch, and Plum.

Not sure on the others. Mayfield is probably close to being there. 

I'll guess Weedon & Phipps in the top 10.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Otto, Sipe, Ryan, Kosar, Nelson, Couch, and Plum.

Not sure on the others. Mayfield is probably close to being there. 

I'll guess Weedon & Phipps in the top 10.

Being that after the top 4 who had some kind of longevity and after the 1980s when the BROWNS went into the rent-a-quarterback stategy just about anyone could be close to the top 10 including Mayfield.

From 8-15 is anyone's guess.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Being that after the top 4 who had some kind of longevity and after the 1980s when the BROWNS went into the rent-a-quarterback stategy just about anyone could be close to the top 10 including Mayfield.

From 8-15 is anyone's guess.

I'm hoping Baker can play well for years to come. First, we need to have a season.

13 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm hoping Baker can play well for years to come. First, we need to have a season.

2020 is starting to feel like a do over already. Well NO preseason this year.

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike 

Check on all you say.  Plum and Couch are in Top 10.  Phipps is not.