THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Check on all these.....assuming you mean Marty Schottenheimer  (and there if no K in Noll, otherwise there would have been all kinds of jokes about him being Grassy Knoll:lol:)

8 others. 

I sincerely hope he didn't mean Marty Mornhinweg!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Check on all these.....assuming you mean Marty Schottenheimer  (and there if no K in Noll, otherwise there would have been all kinds of jokes about him being Grassy Knoll:lol:)

8 others. 

Just showing a little disrespect to the enemy 

yes I meant Marty S.  it has been a hot day here in Sunny CA 

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We are certainly good then it is about 90 here. We’ve been out of harms way for the most part.  

But, it can still thrive indoors.   And if someone breathes on you who has it, even if you are in the sun, you could still get it. 

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But, it can still thrive indoors.   And if someone breathes on you who has it, even if you are in the sun, you could still get it. 

of course. 

We have had a relatively low number of cases considering the population.  Maybe it’s because of the weather.  In my opinion social distancing and staying at home aren’t being followed that closely here.  

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Today's Trivia Question may be a repeat from one that I may have done a couple of months ago.    But...it is fitting....due to recent events to repeat it. 

Name the Top 15 NFL coaches who won the most games in his career.  

In honor of his recent passing.....I am giving you    #1  overall:    Don Shula.  

Name as many of the other 14 as you can.

Lombardi

Noll

Landry

Hoodie

Tuna

Schottenheimer

Walsh

Gibbs

Shanahan

Halas

Reeves

17 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

of course. 

We have had a relatively low number of cases considering the population.  Maybe it’s because of the weather.  In my opinion social distancing and staying at home aren’t being followed that closely here.  

Sweden didn't really ever do any social distancing - and they never locked anything down, and have barely any deaths, etc. Gee. 

4 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Sweden didn't really ever do any social distancing - and they never locked anything down, and have barely any deaths, etc. Gee. 

Really?  Nearly double the death rate in the US: 

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-coronavirus-rate-1501250

As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443).

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Really?  Nearly double the death rate in the US: 

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-coronavirus-rate-1501250

As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443).

If you can believe ANY of the stats. The US is allowed to attribute CV deaths withOUT any testing or verification. The standards are basically "Well, if you think their symptoms are 'close enough' to CV, then count the death as CV." Only problem is, the flu and pneumonia would have the same symptoms, so who knows the real death count of CV in the US? There is so much bull s---t going on. 

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

If you can believe ANY of the stats. The US is allowed to attribute CV deaths withOUT any testing or verification. The standards are basically "Well, if you think their symptoms are 'close enough' to CV, then count the death as CV." Only problem is, the flu and pneumonia would have the same symptoms, so who knows the real death count of CV in the US? There is so much bull s---t going on. 

Well then, that would make it worse for Sweden then, wouldn't it.   If you think the US's numbers are somewhat inflated....that would mean then that Sweden could have far more than double the rate of the US. 

Name the Top 15 NFL coaches who won the most games in his career.  

In honor of his recent passing.....I am giving you    #1  overall:    Don Shula.  

Name as many of the other 14 as you can.

Answers:

Don Shula  328

George Halas  318

Bill Belichick  273

Tom Landry  250

Curly Lambeau  226

Paul Brown  215

Andy Reid  207

Marty Schottenheimer  200

Chuck Noll  193

Dan Reeves  190

Chuck Knox 186

Jeff Fisher 173

Bill Parcells 172

Tom Coughlin 170

Mike Shanahan  170

Here is today's Trivia Question,  which may in fact be harder than you think, so I may keep it up a couple of days:

In NFL history,    Only  12 players have made  1st Team  All Pro  8 or more times.     

Name as many as you can.

Hints to help you:    1. There are NO QBs on the list   2. All are retired, all are in the PFHOF

Bonus question:   There are, however, 2 QBs  who have been named  1st team All Pro    7 times.   Name these two. 

1. Deacon Jones, Randy White, Jerry Rice, Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, plus there has to be a center, LB maybe two in the mix.

2. Bart Starr ?, Roger Staubach

My mind is stuck in the 1960s era my golden era for NFL football.....Ray Nitchkie, Dick Butkis, Jim Otto, Herb Adderley.

47 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

My mind is stuck in the 1960s era my golden era for NFL football.....Ray Nitchkie, Dick Butkis, Jim Otto, Herb Adderley.

Only Jim Otto from that group.  

Still 9 names. 

I will add some more hints, by breaking it down into positions for the remaining 9:

1 RB,   1 WR,   3 OL,  1 DE,  3 LB

Plus the 2 QBs for part B.

In NFL history,    Only  12 players have made  1st Team  All Pro  8 or more times.     

Name as many as you can.

Hints to help you:    1. There are NO QBs on the list   2. All are retired, all are in the PFHOF

Answers:

Jerry  Rice   10

Jim Otto 10

Ron Mix  9

Anthony Munoz  9

Bruce Smith  8

Reggie White  8

Lawrence Taylor  8

Joe Schmidt  8

Jim Parker  8

Don Hutson 8

Bill George  8

Jim Brown  8

Bonus question:   There are, however, 2 QBs  who have been named  1st team All Pro    7 times.   Name these two. 

Otto Graham

Peyton Manning.

Today's trivia is  a  two parter about Super Bowl winners and losers;

A.   Thirteen.....13.....Head coaches have won  2 or more   Super Bowls.   

Name as many as you can.

B.  Eight....8...Head coaches have lost  2 or more Super Bowls.

Name as many as you can.

And yes, a few names appear on both lists. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A.   A dozen .....12.....Head coaches have won  2 or more   Super Bowls.   

Name as many as you can.

Name as many as you can.

Lombardi, Noll, Landry, Walsh, Gibbs, Bellichick, Shula, siefert, Jimmy J,  Parcells, Coughlin 

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Name as many as you can.

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Don Shula, George Siefert, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan, Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Belichick, Tomlin

Name as many as you can.

Bud Grant, Marv Levy, Dan Reeves, Tom Landry, Bill Belichick, Don Shula, Mike Holmgren, Sam Wyche

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Lombardi, Noll, Landry, Walsh, Gibbs, Bellichick, Shula, siefert, Jimmy J,  Parcells, Coughlin 

I assume these are answers to question  A.    These are all correct, in fact, you had one in there that I missed completely. So, the actual number is 13, not 12.  Thanks

Name as many as you can.

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Don Shula, George Siefert, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan, Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Belichick, Tomlin

Check on all but Tomlin...he only won one.    (Cowher was the Steelers HC in 2005). 

Name as many as you can.

Bud Grant, Marv Levy, Dan Reeves, Tom Landry, Bill Belichick, Don Shula, Mike Holmgren, Sam Wyche

Check on all but Wyche.  (Forrest Gregg was the Bengals HC in 1981) 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So......there is only one name left in each category. 

HC who won 2 SBs. Vince Lombardi

HC who lost 2 SBs.