THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here is today's Trivia Question.   It is in 2 parts.   Each about particular playoff performances:

A.  Name the 6 current AFC teams that the Browns have NOT  met in postseason play/playoffs

Jax, Houston Texans, Chiefs, Bengals, Ratbirds, Chargers

B. Name the 6 current NFC teams the Browns HAVE met in postseason play/playoffs. 

NY Giants, Minnesota Vikings, GB Packers, LA Rams, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here is today's Trivia Question.   It is in 2 parts.   Each about particular playoff performances:

A.  Name the 6 current AFC teams that the Browns have NOT  met in postseason play/playoffs

B. Name the 6 current NFC teams the Browns HAVE met in postseason play/playoffs. 

Have not met in the playoffs? AFC Houston Texans, Baltimore Ravens, Jax. jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, LA chargers , they haven’t met the titans but they met Houston Oilers 

Jax, Houston Texans, Chiefs, Bengals, Ratbirds, Chargers

These are all correct....Check

NY Giants, Minnesota Vikings, GB Packers, LA Rams, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles

Vikings and Eagles...NO.   The others, Check.

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Have not met in the playoffs? AFC Houston Texans, Baltimore Ravens, Jax. jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, LA chargers , they haven’t met the titans but they met Houston Oilers 

Check.    All AFC teams named.   (counting Tits/Oilers as one franchise..since the league does)

Two  current NFC teams to go.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Vikings and Eagles...NO.   The others, Check.

The Browns lost to the Vikings in the 1970 Championship game 27-7. If they would have won, they would have played in Super Bowl III vs KC.

Wondering if the other team is the Cowboys.

27 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

The Browns lost to the Vikings in the 1970 Championship game 27-7. If they would have won, they would have played in Super Bowl III vs KC.

Wondering if the other team is the Cowboys.

You are right.  Don't know how I missed that.

There are still 2 other teams.   Well...one other....Cowboys is right. 

(Note...this says 'in the history of the Cleveland Browns)

Answers: 

A.  Name the 6 current AFC teams that the Browns have NOT  met in postseason play/playoffs.

Ravens,  Bengals,  Chargers, Texans, Jaguars,  Chiefs

Cowboys,  Packers, Rams, Giants, Lions, 49ers...and another the Vikings.

Here is today's trivia Question....plus a bonus:

Twelve players in NFL history have rushed for over  250 yards in a single game.

Name as many as you can.

Bonus:  Only 3 players have rushed for 220 or more yards three or more times in their career.  Name these 3. 

If you give a name...specify which category you are putting the player in.

I remember Jerome Harrison having a monster game in his one good season. I think he's on the list.

Adrian Peterson of course holds the record.

I'll go out on a limb (not really) and say that OJ is on both lists. Probably Corey Dillon too. 

I think Derrick Henry did it recently.

I'd like to think Jim Brown did it at least once. Ditto Walter Payton.

And I believe DeMarco Murray hit 250 like 7 or 8 years ago.

But that's a good one.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

I remember Jerome Harrison having a monster game in his one good season. I think he's on the list.

Adrian Peterson of course holds the record.

I'll go out on a limb (not really) and say that OJ is on both lists. Probably Corey Dillon too. 

I think Derrick Henry did it recently.

I'd like to think Jim Brown did it at least once. Ditto Walter Payton.

And I believe DeMarco Murray hit 250 like 7 or 8 years ago.

But that's a good one.

Highlighted are correct.   Others...Henry JB are not. 

Jamal Lewis did it against us. I had the privilege of watching that one at a Sports Bar with A Rat Turd fan. 

Some other guesses Priest Holmes.

Eric Dickerson he had some huge games back in the day. 

One potential obvious that did not is LT.  He did not have a 250 yard game I remember a halftime tribute to him at The Q. He had 200 yard games but nothing over 250

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Jamal Lewis did it against us. I had the privilege of watching that one at a Sports Bar with A Rat Turd fan. 

Some other guesses Priest Holmes.

Eric Dickerson he had some huge games back in the day. 

One potential obvious that did not is LT.  He did not have a 250 yard game I remember a halftime tribute to him at The Q. He had 200 yard games but nothing over 250

Check on Lewis.  No on Dickerson and Holmes.  Dickerson had 248 in his best game.   As far as Holmes, there is a guy who I always got confused with Holmes that did do it. 

Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

Over 250 a couple of ok guys to do it Cory Dillon a Cinci guy and Seattle's Shaun Alexender.

12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Over 250 a couple of ok guys to do it Cory Dillon a Cinci guy and Seattle's Shaun Alexender.

Dillon already named.  Check on Alexander.

The remaining names are fairly obscure to be honest.

Maybe try the second part:   OJ only named so far.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Didn't Jamal Lewis rack up something like 600 yards against the BROWNS in one season?  Kind of made his year.

Yeah. Butch Davis had the best quote, something like "if it weren't for those 4 long runs, we held him in check." 😆

21 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah. Butch Davis had the best quote, something like "if it weren't for those 4 long runs, we held him in check." 😆

Yeah he ran for 295 and 205 in the year he got 2066......the BROWNS were quite generous to say the least.

• Upvote 1

Summary:

A.  Three more names of players that  had over 250 in a game.    HInts:  One of them is still active I believe.   One played for a defunct team...and is obscure as hell.  

B. Only one of the three named:  OJ.      One other should be a no brainer, and the 3rd  has been mentioned here. 

Here is today's trivia Question....plus a bonus:

Twelve players in NFL history have rushed for over  250 yards in a single game.

Name as many as you can.

Answers:

Adrian Peterson  296

Jamal Lewis  295

Jerome Harrison 286

Corey Dillon  278

Walter Payton  275

OJ Simpson 273

Shaun Alexander  266

Jamal Charles  259

Demarco Murray  253

Mike Anderson 251

Doug Martion  251

Spec  Sanders 250

OJ Simpson ...again  250

Bonus:  Only 3 players have rushed for 220 or more yards three or more times in their career.  Name these 3. 

Jim Brown....ran between 220 and 249  4 times in his career  (high was 237...twice)   (but never 250 or more)

OJ Simpson.....3 times...including the two above

Jamaal Charles....3 times.

and thats it. 

If you give a name...specify which category you are putting the player in.

Here is Today's Trivia Question:

In the history of the NFL/AFL/AAFC   the record for the most  TD passes in a game   is   7 TDs.....held by   8 QBs.

Name these 8.

But note:  I am giving you one name:   a guy named Adrian Burk  in 1954 for the Eagles.   I didn't think anyone would ever guess him (or even heard of him...I didn't)   The other 7 names should be relatively well known

Since you mentioned AAFC one must be Otto Graham.  The others, hmmmm,. Lamonica?, Marino?,  none just pop up to me right now.