THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

Answers:

Match the celebrity with the School that he played College Football for.    Alphabetically:

Celebrities:

B:    John Belushi.....W. Illinois

C:   James  Caan.....Michigan St.;      Dean Cain;.....Princeton   Terry Crews.....W.  Michigan

F.   Gerald  Ford.....Michigan

G.  Jim  Gaffigan.....Purdue   John Goodman.....Missouri ST. 

H. Mark Harmon.....UCLA

J.  Tommy Lee Jones.....Harvard

M. Joel McHale.....Washington

N.  Nick Nolte.....Arizona St. 

O.  Ed O'Neill.....Ohio U

P.  Dr. Phil.....Tulsa

R.  Burt Reynolds;.....Florida St.    Phil Robertson.....La.  Tech   The Rock.....Miami Fla.

T.   Mr.  T.....Prairie View A&M

W.   John Wayne.....USC   Carl  Weathers.....San Diego St.    Forrest Whittaker.....Cal Poly Sonoma

Mayfield, Manziel, J Gilbert, Njoku, Garrett, Couch, J Thomas, Quinn, Shelton, Irving, T Richardson, Ward.

Those are the ones I remember easily. I know I forgot many easy ones, including the one edge from the sunshine state.

Mike

On 4/3/2020 at 12:11 AM, The Gipper said:

Here is Today's trivia question.   It is real basic:

Since the year 2000, the Browns have drafted   25 total  players in Round One of the Draft.

Name as many as you can. 

And only one headed to the NFL HOF Joe Thomas.

Some of the real obscure picks are lost to the dust bin of time in my mind. Sad isn't it when fist round picks are like one night stands in your twenties.....or less.

On first thought no more are popping up. Hmmmmmmm.

6 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mayfield, Manziel, J Gilbert, Njoku, Garrett, Couch, J Thomas, Quinn, Shelton, Irving, T Richardson, Ward.

Those are the ones I remember easily. I know I forgot many easy ones, including the one edge from the sunshine state.

Mike

Couch was 1999.  All the others Check

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And only one headed to the NFL HOF Joe Thomas.

Some of the real obscure picks are lost to the dust bin of time in my mind. Sad isn't it when fist round picks are like one night stands in your twenties.....or less.

On first thought none more are popping up. Hmmmmmmm.

So, you have no names? 

There are still 10 names left. 

On 4/3/2020 at 12:11 AM, The Gipper said:

Here is Today's trivia question.   It is real basic:

Since the year 2000, the Browns have drafted   25 total  players in Round One of the Draft.

Name as many as you can. 

Answers:

2000  Courtney Brown

2001  Gerard Warren

2002 William Green

2003  Jeff Faine

2004 Kellen Winslow  II

2005  Braylon Edwards

2006  Kameron Wimbley

2007 Joe Thomas;    Brady Quinn

2008  (traded)

2009 Alex Mack

2010 Joe Haden

2011 Phil Taylor

2012  Trent Richardson;  Brandon Weeden

2013 Barkevious Mingo

2014 Justin Gilbert;   Johnny Manziel

2015  Danny Shelton;  Cameron Erving

2016  Corey Coleman

2017   Myles Garrett;  Jabril Peppers;  David Njoku

2018  Baker Mayfield;  Denzil Ward 

2019 (traded)

Here is today's Question:    Pro-Football-Reference  produces a statistic known as the Career Average, or Career Production Average, which supposedly measures every players production throughout their careers, and on a season basis.    They actually have ONLY produced this stat going back to like 1960.  So, today's question is:

Name the Top 12 Cleveland Browns who produced the most in their careers....with the Browns.... since about 1960 per the  Career Production Average.  

Hmmmm Sipe, Kosar, Mack, Greg Pruitt, Newsome, Warfield, Slaughter, Dawson, Cockroft.

That's 8 I'll let others guess. Is that offense and defense?

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Hmmmm Sipe, Kosar, Mack, Greg Pruitt, Newsome, Warfield, Slaughter, Dawson, Cockroft.

That's 8 I'll let others guess. Is that offense and defense?

ONLY Sipe is correct.   All the others...No.  (Note...this is only for time with Browns....Warfield's time with Miami would not count here, so he did not make it.)  But yes,  both offense and defense. 

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

ONLY Sipe is correct.   All the others...No.  (Note...this is only for time with Browns....Warfield's time with Miami would not count here, so he did not make it.)  But yes,  both offense and defense. 

Well that makes it somewhat trickier.

Here is today's Question:    Pro-Football-Reference  produces a statistic known as the Career Average, or Career Production Average, which supposedly measures every players production throughout their careers, and on a season basis.    They actually have ONLY produced this stat going back to like 1960.  So, today's question is:

Name the Top 12 Cleveland Browns who produced the most in their careers....with the Browns.... since about 1960 per the  Career Production Average.   Answers:

1. Clay Matthews   124

2. Jim Brown  122

3. Dick Shafrath  115

4. Gene Hickerson  111

5. Joe Thomas  106

6. Leroy Kelley  102

7. Doug Dieken  92

8. Brian Sipe  88

9. Gary Collins  87

t10. Hanford Dixon  80

t10. Jim Houston   80

t10. Frank Ryan  80

After this top dozen,  other Top 25 Browns are in this order:

13.  Walter Johnson 14. Michael Dean Perry  15. Greg Pruitt  16. Cody Risien  17. Clarence Scott  18. Ozzie Newsome   19....fittingly:  Bernie Kosar  20. Warfield  21.  Minniefield  22. Cockroft  23. Sherk  24. Darden  25. Mike Pruitt. 

To my view, this just shows how pathetic the talent acquisition for the Browns has been for the past 20 years......ONLY  Joe Thomas is on this list of the 25 most productive Browns since 1960.     So...for  35 years....from 1960 to 1995  24 of these players are from that era.  For 20 years since 1999....only ONE player. 

In fact, after Joe Thomas,  not another player appears in the Top 50 most productive Browns of all time until you get to  DQwell Jackson at #40,  and then Orpheus Roye at #47 is the only other Brown in that Top 50.....and remember...that Top 50 does NOT include any of the players from the dynasty years of the 40s and 50s. 

Here is today's Trivia Question.   It is in 2 parts.   Each about particular playoff performances:

A.  Name the 6 current AFC teams that the Browns have NOT  met in postseason play/playoffs

B. Name the 6 current NFC teams the Browns HAVE met in postseason play/playoffs.