THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

Paul Brown?

I'm drawing a blank on D-backs & there MUST be some.

Mike

Well...they...the HOF that is,   do not include PB, as he did not attend  OSU,  (Miami, OH I believe)  even though he coached there.    But I give you credit for that answer, even if it is not one of the 10.  

But, yes, there is one DB from OSU who is PFHOF. 

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean about not remembering LeBeau?

FYI......3 names left.    One player.....hint:  offense.   And one coach and one contributor.

Old time but great coach Gillman?   The contributor has me stumped and another offensive guy.

12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Old time but great coach Gillman?   The contributor has me stumped and another offensive guy.

Check on Gillman.

The contributor should not have you, in particular stumped, because you recently posted/pasted a big article about him on here. 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Check on Gillman.

The contributor should not have you, in particular stumped, because you recently posted/pasted a big article about him on here. 

I'm thinking OSU contributor but this is the NFL HOF still no absolute answer but good tip.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Check your own posts within the last week. 

Ed Sabol I was always such a big fan of NFL Films !!

51 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean about not remembering LeBeau?

FYI......3 names left.    One player.....hint:  offense.   And one coach and one contributor.

I never knew he was a Buckeye. How many is that now that either went to OSU or are from Ohio that have helped the stealers win Super Bowls?

At least Ryan Shazier won't be able to.

1 minute ago, Gorka said:

I never knew he was a Buckeye. How many is that now that either went to OSU or are from Ohio that have helped the stealers win Super Bowls?

At least Ryan Shazier won't be able to.

Sure....let's augment this trivia question with yours:  Ohioans who won a SB with the Steelers.

Jack Lambert Mantua Crestwood/Kent St.  ,  Ben R.  Findlay/Miami Oh.;   James Harrison  Coventry HS (Akron)....and didn't he also attend Kent?  I had thought of Leveon Bell...but no, he is from Ohio, but he was not in the league in 2008, last time Steelers won.

Of course, Chuck Noll, Cleveland Benedictine HS;  and LeBeau...from Toronto OH I believe, and OSU. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sure....let's augment this trivia question with yours:  Ohioans who won a SB with the Steelers.

Jack Lambert Mantua Crestwood/Kent St.  ,  Ben R.  Findlay/Miami Oh.;   James Harrison  Coventry HS (Akron)....and didn't he also attend Kent?  I had thought of Leveon Bell...but no, he is from Ohio, but he was not in the league in 2008, last time Steelers won.

Of course, Chuck Noll, Cleveland Benedictine HS;  and LeBeau...from Toronto OH I believe, and OSU. 

Santonio Holmes, went to OSU, caught that winning TD in SB vs Cardinals.

Other than him I think you have it covered.

23 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Santonio Holmes, went to OSU, caught that winning TD in SB vs Cardinals.

Other than him I think you have it covered.

Went to OSU, but I think he was like from New Jersey.   Will check......ah, no.  From Florida.  Not even from San Antonio...which you might have thunk!

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Went to OSU, but I think he was like from New Jersey.   Will check......ah, no.  From Florida.  Not even from San Antonio...which you might have thunk!

He still counts, I had stated...players either from Ohio or who went to OSU.

They got that Heyward guy at DE who went to OSU. He hadn't played in any SB's tho.

Here is today's Trivia Question.  A bit late in the day, I know:

There are 10 people in the Pro Football Hall of Fame who are graduates, or at least attended  Ohio State University.  Note/hint:  8 of them are players, 2 of them "other"  either coach or contributor. 

Name as many of these 10 as you can.

Answers:

Cris Carter

Lou Groza

Dante Lavelli

Dick LeBeau

Orlando Pace

Jim Parker

Paul Warfield

Bill Willis

Sid Gillman   coach

Ed Sabol   contributor

In the 100 year history of Professional Football,   there have been 19 repeat championship teams  (won 2 or more in a row) .  These include NFL/AFL/AAFC, and it includes pre-SB and SB era.

Name each of these repeat champions.     Include team and  years (approx).