THE BROWNS BOARD

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Gipper

15 hours ago, Gorka said:

You are saying QB's that have started, not starting QB's correct? If so then Errol Morrall is one.

Errol Morral was not the starting QB for the Dolphins (Bob Griese) or Colts (Johnny U) when he won Super Bowls for both teams.

I am saying they have to have started  a Championship game for 2 different teams.   Earl is not one, as, while he  may have started playoff  games for both Colts and Dolphins,   he only started a Super Bowl game for the Colts ..in SBIII...to be replaced by Johhny U.  He did not start a SB for the Dolphins.  Bob Griese started all three. 

Johnny U did start the game for the Colts that they won over the Cowboys  (SB V, maybe?)

But, hint....who started that game for the opponent that Unitas beat? 

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am saying they have to have started  a Championship game for 2 different teams.   Earl is not one, as, while he  may have started playoff  games for both Colts and Dolphins,   he only started a Super Bowl game for the Colts ..in SBII...to be replaced by Johhny U.  He did not start a SB for the Dolphins.  Bob Griese started all three. 

Johnny U did start the game for the Colts that they won over the Cowboys  (SB V, maybe?)

But, hint....who started that game for the opponent that Unitas beat? 

Craig Morton

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am saying they have to have started  a Championship game for 2 different teams.   Earl is not one, as, while he  may have started playoff  games for both Colts and Dolphins,   he only started a Super Bowl game for the Colts ..in SBII...to be replaced by Johhny U.  He did not start a SB for the Dolphins.  Bob Griese started all three. 

You're right.

Here is today's trivia:

Tom Brady, Cam Newton (apparently) ,  and Nick Foles and Joe Flacco also,   are  active  QBs who have started in a Championship Game (in their case, a Super Bowl).  Each of these QBs are now on to playing with another team, hoping to again reach a championship game perhaps (Super Bowl)  as a starter in the Super Bowl game for their new team.

There have been 4 Quarterbacks in history who HAVE  started in a Championship game  (both in SB and pre-SB era)...win or lose. for two different franchises.   (note:  Len Dawson started...and won championships for both the Dallas Texans, and the Kansas City Chiefs...but that is considered a single franchise)

Name these 4 Quarterbacks.  

Answers:

You all got:

Peyton Manning  started for both Colts and Broncos.....won one for each

Kurt Warner.....started for both Rams and Cardinals....won with the Rams, not Cards

Craig Morton......started for both Cowboys and Broncos.....lost with both

And here is the last guy:

Tobin Rote.....started for both  Lions and  Chargers.  Won with both (Lions...over Browns,  Chargers AFL title).  Only one besides Peyton to win Championship with two teams. 

Free to merge.

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Today's question follows a theme of previous questions, and there are a lot of answers, but you all should get  a lot of these quickly:

25  Quarterbacks in history have started and won  2 or more championships.

Name as many of these QBs as you can.

I'm not gonna know many old timers, but taking a shot. 

- Montana

-Brady

- Bradshaw

- Big Ben

- Staubach

- Elway

- Eli

- Peyton

- Bart Star

- Otto Graham

- Aikman

- Plunket

- Johnny Unitas

Not even close to 25, I FAIL

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'm not gonna know many old timers, but taking a shot. 

- Montana

-Brady

- Bradshaw

- Big Ben

- Staubach

- Elway

- Eli

- Peyton

- Bart Star

- Otto Graham

- Aikman

- Plunket

- Johnny Unitas

Not even close to 25, I FAIL

Not even close to fail....these are ALL Correct.

Down to  12 left.....but yes,   they are all "old timers",  All post 1980 have been named. In fact, just one remains from the 70s. 

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Check on both. 

Down to 10. 

So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

Bob Waterfield was the starting QB for the 1945 Cleveland Rams, and the 1951 Los Angeles Rams, I think. 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

Yes, that is accurate.  And there are 10 names left. 

Hint on one:  He actually did win a title in the 70s.....the game played in January 1970...from the 1969 season. 

Hint on another:  Hell, I just named him in yesterday's trivia question. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, that is accurate.  And there are 10 names left. 

Hint on one:  He actually did win a title in the 70s.....the game played in January 1970...from the 1969 season. 

Hint on another:  Hell, I just named him in yesterday's trivia question. 

Len Dawson? That doesn't make sense... 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have a feeling Sid Luckman might be on this list too... 

Also whoever was the QB for the Eagles on the 1948 and 1949 NFL Championship teams, if the same guy started both title games. 

Luckman is a Check  (won 4 in fact)....and yes on the Eagles guy....just need to remember his name.  Hint:  actually you only need to remember one name, since his first and last names were essentially the same. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

Oh, I was thinking only about NFL titles. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Luckman is a Check  (won 4 in fact)....and yes on the Eagles guy....just need to remember his name.  Hint:  actually you only need to remember one name, since his first and last names were essentially the same. 

Tommy Thompson?