THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Simulator

darren15

Site is bogging down some... lags badly at times.

And.... got caught... AZ took thomas at #8... draft got to me at 10 with o other OT off the board and LV/PHI offered trades. LV wanted to give up nothing... PHI gave a 1st, 2nd and 4th. I figured I could still land Jones at 21... LV said we'll take him at 12.  Only Becton was left at 21... so I traded down again with a desperate to replace Ramsey(?) TB team and got their 2021 1st... :)

Then I missed Peart... so it was Emergency OT #2 from LSU plus as raw an OT as you'll ever see... Callahan needs a hobby.

image.thumb.png.1252a6de63ad881c1742711b0db8ff3e.png

image.thumb.png.80606608bc5e546cd1d47010ef608a49.png

lol... you mean "Master Shi". It was a helluva Draft... except for the OT... kind of a big "except"...

No trades here... and barely a reach

image.png.15118344142f134bc52c813c5702aca3.png

image.thumb.png.1581ddd59191aa82ced81f2699f263ef.png

• Upvote 2

Man this is fun thanks for the share

I would love this draft... first I trade back get my tackle.

Then I take one of my favorite front 7 guys in the draft Baun and then check off the safety. I Get beef in the interior.  Defense looks pretty solid all of sudden after Friday night. 

I take Randy’s kid and send Njoku packing.

Then my two super sleepers Reggie Robinson and Austin Mack.

And the Cherry on Top the Chargers First round pick.  They will start a rookie or Tyrod Taylor next year and play 16 away games...I’ll take it.

30EF480B-718E-4101-B194-960B04369B83.png

• Upvote 1

Usually interesting to see what various sims do with our Browns... but not so sure about this one... :blink:

Back to Back OTs??? WRs? I did have settings leaning towards BPA, but sheesh...

image.thumb.png.aec0ba87b46f5cb58abc350f02fc9713.png

It is determined to give us 2 OTs...

image.thumb.png.6996f203466c5c035809a932cf712f6f.png

Sim generated the above while I played Fins GM... B)

Learned PFF hates Becton, which I do not think was always the case, and that I set up a helluva 2021 Draft... :)

image.thumb.png.3c2d9efd47d1da8f0ebe2f704fa1da33.png

Didnt go exactly like I wanted but I still landed some of my favorite players in the draft. My LBer targets were gone before the 3rd round so I had to take a flyer in the late rounds. Huntley has some Lamar Jackson to his game so not only does that land you an arm for camp, you also have someone to prepare for Baltimore

download.png

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Man this is fun thanks for the share

I would love this draft... first I trade back get my tackle.

Then I take one of my favorite front 7 guys in the draft Baun and then check off the safety. I Get beef in the interior.  Defense looks pretty solid all of sudden after Friday night. 

I take Randy’s kid and send Njoku packing.

Then my two super sleepers Reggie Robinson and Austin Mack.

And the Cherry on Top the Chargers First round pick.  They will start a rookie or Tyrod Taylor next year and play 16 away games...I’ll take it.

30EF480B-718E-4101-B194-960B04369B83.png

Loved your trades and who you ended up picking.  You did a great job!

7 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Didnt go exactly like I wanted but I still landed some of my favorite players in the draft. My LBer targets were gone before the 3rd round so I had to take a flyer in the late rounds. Huntley has some Lamar Jackson to his game so not only does that land you an arm for camp, you also have someone to prepare for Baltimore

download.png

Andrew Thomas and Neville Gallimore was an awesome way to start a very solid draft IMO. Quarterman was a really nice pick where you landed him as was Reed.  Liberty's WR Antonio Gandy-Golden is listed at 6'4" 220 lbs which could come in handy in the red zone.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Usually interesting to see what various sims do with our Browns... but not so sure about this one... :blink:

Back to Back OTs??? WRs? I did have settings leaning towards BPA, but sheesh...

image.thumb.png.aec0ba87b46f5cb58abc350f02fc9713.png

Well....this just  seems stupid.  Where are the LBs and Safeties we need? Not that these players are not worthy....and not that, actually, we couldn't use 2 OTs....and an OG.  Its just that the defensive needs of this team are completely ignored.  Even the DL...Browns have done  good job of shoring up DL in free agency.  And not that we can't use a backup WR....but are these 3 any better than the backup talent we have now? 

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Loved your trades and who you ended up picking.  You did a great job!

Andrew Thomas and Neville Gallimore was an awesome way to start a very solid draft IMO. Quarterman was a really nice pick where you landed him as was Reed.  Liberty's WR Antonio Gandy-Golden is listed at 6'4" 220 lbs which could come in handy in the red zone.  

I do love me some Gallimore and I genuinely believe he would come in and immediately push Jobi for serious playing time.

• Upvote 1

"Grades" are based upon how your pick compares to that the sim would make in your place.

If you highlight a pick in the table below the summaries we've been pasting here, then the picks that were available to you at that spot will pop open in a window with the percentage of time the sim would have taken a given player.

On 4/15/2020 at 2:01 AM, Tour2ma said:

It is determined to give us 2 OTs...

image.thumb.png.6996f203466c5c035809a932cf712f6f.png

Sim generated the above while I played Fins GM... B)

Learned PFF hates Becton, which I do not think was always the case, and that I set up a helluva 2021 Draft... :)

image.thumb.png.3c2d9efd47d1da8f0ebe2f704fa1da33.png

I did a few and it sure was fun.  Having said that my scores were nothing to brag about.  PFF thinks Tristan Wirfs is Big Sexy at #10 while it doesn't think Andrew Thomas is all that wonderful for us there. He's almost 10 points higher. Do they take into account how infrequently Wirfs played LT vrs Andrew's extensive experience there?  And, do they understand Cleveland has a bare cupboard at LT (on the blindside of a 1st overall pick QB in 2018)?  Furthermore, we just paid FA $ for a young RT (who already has an All Pro honor on his resume) so why would we want to draft a guy (Wirfs) most scouts say is best suited for RT or OG at #10?  And they really clobber guys like Zack Baun and Mekhi Becton (like you already said). 

Anyway, Simmons never made it to #10 for me to resist any temptation to draft his higher rating. The draft goes so fast there's no chance for you to try to trade during round 1 once your gotta haves get selected (unless you set it up beforehand) - although I didn't try pause.  I'll do a few more today. 

PFF loves them some Wirfs... he's their top rated OT in their V1.2 Draft Guide. Thomas was their #2.

They did a V1.4 update, but it focused on Sr. Bowl participants. Jones emerged as the #26 player on their Big Board.

• Thanks 1