THE BROWNS BOARD

So Today I Tested Positive For Covid 19

Canton Dawg

On 4/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Day 9 in the Stalag, and I can honestly say I’m feeling much better. If I can only get one of the doctors to sign my discharge papers. No, I won’t do Corporal Klinger for a discharge paper either. 

So what's the story as of today!

WSS

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So what's the story as of today!

WSS

I was discharged on day 14, the last 6 days I had no fever.

They were taking X-rays of my lungs every other day, as my pulse/ox was still low.

They wouldn’t send me home until I had several bottles of oxygen delivered first.

I’m still hitting the oxygen several times a day, but my shortness of breath is gradually improving.

What makes everything more frustrating, halfway through my hospital stay the moving company moved me from Middleburg Heights to Medina.

So now it’s like camping, if I want to find something...it’s in a damned box somewhere!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I was discharged on day 14, the last 6 days I had no fever.

They were taking X-rays of my lungs every other day, as my pulse/ox was still low.

They wouldn’t send me home until I had several bottles of oxygen delivered first.

I’m still hitting the oxygen several times a day, but my shortness of breath is gradually improving.

What makes everything more frustrating, halfway through my hospital stay the moving company moved me from Middleburg Heights to Medina.

So now it’s like camping, if I want to find something...it’s in a damned box somewhere!

Excellent news so glad you're better. Hey just for the hell of it how old are you?

WSS

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

And while I’m at it, a big shout out to the doctors & nurses at the Medina branch of the Cleveland Clinic.

What a great group of people!

Big thumbs up! 👍

Glad to have ya back man

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hammertime said:

I’m glad your better and on the mend

are you working yet?

did anyone have to quarantine themselves because of you?

anyone else in your house other than the Mrs get sick?

I’ve been out of work for a month now.

I have a virtual appointment with my doctor this afternoon, he’s going to determine if I’m good to return to work (I’ve been working from home for 4 weeks prior to getting the virus).

The county health department told me to stay home for 2 weeks.

Just me and the old lady got sick, fortunately my daughter seems to be fine.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I turned 59 in February.

Good to see you back Dawg.

I have for the first time happen to know someone with COVID. A friend of my wife's who worked as a nurse at Marymount Hospital.

She's into it 11 days now.  Recovering at home.  She is 63.  She has a fever, severe body aches and coughing. She has diabetes and high blood pressure.

Considering her age and underlying conditions she is still being told to stay home and take Tylenol. No hospital for her. 

Based on what you went through, do you find her not being hospitalized odd, or is it pretty much normal for even a person in her condition and age to be recovering at home?

I hope I'll still never know anyone who died from it.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Good to see you back Dawg.

I have for the first time happen to know someone with COVID. A friend of my wife's who worked as a nurse at Marymount Hospital.

She's into it 11 days now.  Recovering at home.  She is 63.  She has a fever, severe body aches and coughing. She has diabetes and high blood pressure.

Considering her age and underlying conditions she is still being told to stay home and take Tylenol. No hospital for her. 

Based on what you went through, do you find her not being hospitalized odd, or is it pretty much normal for even a person in her condition and age to be recovering at home?

I hope I'll still never know anyone who died from it.

First off, I wish a speedy recovery or your wife’s friend.

To be honest, if I didn’t have difficulty breathing I would’ve never went to the ER.

For three nights in a row, every time I would lay down in bed I would gasp for air.

When I went to the ER, one of the first things they did was X-ray my lungs and that’s when they discovered the pneumonia.

I would guess I went through 40 IV bags in the first 10 days (mostly antibiotics).

Then they changed strategies and stopped the antibiotics and went with steroids, which made a huge difference.

My wife had it for 7 days, and only missed 2 days of work but she has no underlying medical conditions.

Unfortunately for me I’ve had asthma my entire life, along with diabetes and high blood pressure.

I’m hearing on the news that some people contract the virus and never know they even have it.

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

First off, I wish a speedy recovery or your wife’s friend.

To be honest, if I didn’t have difficulty breathing I would’ve never went to the ER.

For three nights in a row, every time I would lay down in bed I would gasp for air.

When I went to the ER, one of the first things they did was X-ray my lungs and that’s when they discovered the pneumonia.

I would guess I went through 40 IV bags in the first 10 days (mostly antibiotics).

Then they changed strategies and stopped the antibiotics and went with steroids, which made a huge difference.

My wife had it for 7 days, and only missed 2 days of work but she has no underlying medical conditions.

Unfortunately for me I’ve had asthma my entire life, along with diabetes and high blood pressure.

I’m hearing on the news that some people contract the virus and never know they even have it.

Ok so the major difference between your symptoms and hers is that she doesn't have difficulty breathing, which is probably why she isn't in the hospital.

Absolutely there are thousands who have it or did have it but were asymptomatic. The thing about this virus is that it spreads rapidly.. That's why you'll hear from some medical experts that this virus actually a mild one when you factor in all those who have had it.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Ok so the major difference between your symptoms and hers is that she doesn't have difficulty breathing, which is probably why she isn't in the hospital.

Absolutely there are thousands who have it or did have it but were asymptomatic. The thing about this virus is that it spreads rapidly.. That's why you'll hear from some medical experts that this virus actually a mild one when you factor in all those who have had it.

The study that a vitamin D deficiency leads to a higher fatality rate is alarming.

Just when people have been staying inside so much.

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The study that a vitamin D deficiency leads to a higher fatality rate is alarming.

Just when people have been staying inside so much.

There are so many theories, opinions, do's and do not's out there.

It's been said that being cooped  up indoors this long is unhealthy. The body needs to be conditioned to the environment so as to maintain a strong immune system.

After the government releases us from our homes, we'll have to wait and see  how many get sick from one thing or another.

Just kidding about the govt releasing us. lol