THE BROWNS BOARD

So Today I Tested Positive For Covid 19

Canton Dawg

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

For the third consecutive day, I’ve been getting an injection in my stomach. Today the doctor told me he’s suspected that I have a blood clot in my lungs. I’m scheduled for a cat scan at 6:30 tomorrow morning. The bad news is never ending.

Come on, CantonDawg! You are not alone on this one. 

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

For the third consecutive day, I’ve been getting an injection in my stomach. Today the doctor told me he’s suspected that I have a blood clot in my lungs. I’m scheduled for a cat scan at 6:30 tomorrow morning. The bad news is never ending.

They think you have rabies? A new way of treating Corona.  :(  Yeah, it totally sucks being in complete isolation. I get it. Stay Strong!!!!   

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Been thinking of you too Nero, Spain is in a bad way. Hope you folks pull through this soon... 

Thanks! Everything OK here. My dad (73) is coughing since Friday and we quarantined him in his bedroom, but hasn't develop any other symptoms so we thing he got a cold (usually walks inside/outside of the flat and we are in a 9th storey in a kind of a cold town) A sister of mine in France spent 15 days alone really ill and is over it, though she didn't have the normal symptoms. 

This last month I've been doing all the errands, since March 12, as my parents are old and little brother has diabetes, so I'm the only one out of a risk group. And I've been extremely careful when hanging out. 

Quarantine is probably worse here because most of Europeans live in flats and it sucks not having even a small garden, but I can't really complain. 

Seems like we just reached the peak. 

Take care

It's uplifting that you can keep checking in, Canton Dawg. Mucho prayers !

Stay safe as much as you can, everybody. We'll win this war that is going on all over the earth.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

They think you have rabies? A new way of treating Corona.  :(  Yeah, it totally sucks being in complete isolation. I get it. Stay Strong!!!!   

Stomach shot is probably heparin or another anticoagulant for the blood clot, not for the virus.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jbluhm86 said:

Stomach shot is probably heparin or another anticoagulant for the blood clot, not for the virus.

I would have thought that would be in an IV.

In the stomach, egad.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

True, that’s what they told me it was for.

13 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I keep you in my prayers. You were very wise to have your daughter take you to get tested and get yourself in the hospital and not wait. Now for at least a silver lining with all you have faced  you will have an immunity to the dreaded virus going forward.

I just found out that after the doctors reviewed the cat scan, there is NO blood clot!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

True, that’s what they told me it was for.

I just found out that after the doctors reviewed the cat scan, there is NO blood clot!

It was probably that extra large shot of Corona that cured it.🍺😋

I feel terrible. I'm making a bunch of wild blackberry jam today - and I could have sent Canton Dawg a pint of it, and

it could have killed off the virus.

My bad.

Wild blackberry jam - was outstanding last year. A friend of ours has been getting sick...of being bored. So, I'm sending her my novel to read.

21 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

A friend of ours has been getting sick...of being bored. So, I'm sending her my novel to read.

So you're killing her off then?😂

21 hours ago, LBC mike said:

With a follow up shot of tequila to kill the Corona.

Good one Mike.😁

1 hour ago, Nero said:

How are you doing, CantonDawg? 

Well, day 5 in the Stalag and here’s what’s happening.

My fever is now non-existent, along with body aches. Congestion is improving, along with my appetite.

However, shortness of breath is still a major issue. The doctors seem to think I have tiny blood clots in clusters inside my lungs. They are giving me huge doses of blood thinners via injection through my stomach.

The hardest part of this ordeal, is lack of human interaction. I’m glad I have you guys around to hear me bitch! 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Canton Dawg - you're probably pretty busy laying around in the hospital - but have you any idea how you contracted It?

(Note to myself - sure, it feels goofy to wear a mask when going out - using bleach wipes on packages we pick up from the grocery carry out, and spraying my shoes when I get home etc...

but more people were wearing masks to go into this popular grocery than I thought would be.

The people working in them aren't though.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Canton Dawg - you're probably pretty busy laying around in the hospital - but have you any idea how you contracted It?

Sure do, got it from the 'ol lady.

She works in healthcare, and she was down with this stuff for 7 days.

Unfortunately, I’m a diabetic and an asthmatic so my immune system is already compromised.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Unfortunately, I’m a diabetic and an asthmatic so my immune system is already compromised.

Good to hear you're on the mend.

But I think you missed your only opportunity to make the wife sleep on the couch and it cost you.  Dearly.

3 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Good to hear you're on the mend.

But I think you missed your only opportunity to make the wife sleep on the couch and it cost you.  Dearly.

Oh no, my good sir.  Old boy is going to be able to milk this one for quite some time to come.       Trust me, he's chipping at eagle right now. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well, day 5 in the Stalag and here’s what’s happening.

My fever is now non-existent, along with body aches. Congestion is improving, along with my appetite.

However, shortness of breath is still a major issue. The doctors seem to think I have tiny blood clots in clusters inside my lungs. They are giving me huge doses of blood thinners via injection through my stomach.

The hardest part of this ordeal, is lack of human interaction. I’m glad I have you guys around to hear me bitch! 😀

You can bitch around as much as you want, if that's what you need! 

Take care, thank you for keeping us informed. Stay strong ;)

A

On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Ask them if they could try this on you. Shows some initial promise.

https://www.newsmax.com/health/health-news/gilead-sciences-antiviral-drug-remdesivir-clinical-trials/2020/04/17/id/963383/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM106427_04182020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010124oswkcs

Day 9 in the Stalag, and I can honestly say I’m feeling much better. If I can only get one of the doctors to sign my discharge papers. No, I won’t do Corporal Klinger for a discharge paper either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Day 9 in the Stalag, and I can honestly say I’m feeling much better. If I can only get one of the doctors to sign my discharge papers. No, I won’t do Corporal Klinger for a discharge paper either. 

Dang. I was only in the hospital for about 1.75 days getting a new knee. Klinger thing... LOL