THE BROWNS BOARD

That 10th pick

darren15

If these were all the options at 10 what would you do .......

ANDREW THOMAS

TRISTAN WIRFS

MEKHI BECTON

JEDRICK WILLS

JEFFREY OKUDAH ( FALLS TO 10)

ISAIAH SIMMONS ( FALLS TO 10)

ONE OF THE ELITE 3 WIDE RECEIVERS, JEUDY, RUGGS OR LAMB

DERRICK BROWN

TRADE DOWN FOR JOSH JONES AND ACQUIRE MORE PICKS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darren15 said:

ANDREW THOMAS

TRISTAN WIRFS

MEKHI BECTON

JEDRICK WILLS

DERRICK BROWN

trade down and get cleveland to play in cleveland ?

27 minutes ago, darren15 said:

ANDREW THOMAS

TRISTAN WIRFS

MEKHI BECTON

JEDRICK WILLS

DERRICK BROWN

What would be your Trade Down scenario?  And how would you know he would still be there in your scenario?

Trade up for Chase Young!

Just don't fall asleep on the timer and miss the pick.    -_-

I'm still between the best available OL and a best available run stopper on defense.

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

JOE BURROW-QB

CHASE YOUNG--DE

ANDREW THOMAS--LT

TRISTAN WIRFS--RG/RT

MEKHI BECTON--LT

JEDRICK WILLS--RT

JEFFREY OKUDAH--CB 

ISAIAH SIMMONS--LB 

DERRICK BROWN--DT

CJ HENDERSON--CB

XAVIER MCKINNEY--FS

TRADE DOWN FOR LT--JOSH JONES AND ACQUIRE MORE PICKS

above are about 14 can't misses in my draft book..And where I can see them starting. Am leaving Tua & Herbert off this list, cause other teams can unwrap that gift..

I don't see any of the 3 WR's as a pick unless Landry's hip surgery is a mess & we shock the world with taking CeeDee Lamb..but not in this deep draft class before a)Simmons b) A.Thomas 

with Watching Woods defense and the holes at LB & Safety and even if A.Thomas was still on the board? I.SIMMONS would be my pick at 10.. maybe knowing if the Skins will take pick #41 for Trent Williams? Or we have a back-up deal on Peters? would have to be considered 

The only trade down deal i would consider? Is Miami giving up both picks #18 & #26 to move to #10..not likely, and we would need to give Mia. back maybe a 3rd? am guessing with no chart ..LB Kenneth Murray & Josh Jones or Xavier McKinney could all be had around there..

just one guys opinion, but my gut says Thomas, Becton, Wills or Wirfs will be wearing a Browns helmet.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Miami giving up both picks #18 & #26 to move to #10..not likely, and we would need to give Mia. back maybe a 3rd? am guessing with no chart ..

So, by the chart:     #10 = 1300.    #18 = 900,  #26 = 700.  - Doin' the Guzintas - We owe them 300,   Our first 3rd rounder (220) and 4th round (64).  (If I were Miami I'd want both 3rd rounders (332)).  So then the Browns would want Miami's 7th pick in round 5 and we're all squared up. :)

It would be an expensive gamble that the actual player(s) that you want will be there. 

- our second 3rd rounder is compensatory right?  So in reality it's like having the first pick in the 4th round.  And with 10 compensatory, our regular 4th rounder instead of being 9th is more like the 19th pick in round 4.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

So, by the chart:     #10 = 1300.    #18 = 900,  #26 = 700.  - Doin' the Guzintas - We owe them 300,   Our first 3rd rounder (220) and 4th round (64).  (If I were Miami I'd want both 3rd rounders (332).

It would be an expensive gamble that the actual player(s) that you want will be there. 

Thanks for the math O.. and there is a few others to draft down there..While looking at the dolphins depth chart👀 their TE group is a jokeKU.. could i get a 500 point hometown credit if i toss in NJoku?  

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

could i get a 500 point hometown credit if i toss in NJoku?  

I betchya Stef doesn't let that happen.  He likes TE's.  (unless Njoku's in HIS doghouse too)

Before draft night arrives, Berry said the Browns will go through a handful of dress rehearsals that feature a number of different scenarios, including an "Armageddon" one with power, Internet or both failing at an inopportune time.

Truly, everything needs to be on the table for a weekend that no one has ever experienced before.

"I think we are pretty well prepared on that front," Berry said, "and have a number of strong contingency plans in place."

Great question. I don't pretend to know how each player grades out, yet alone to project that into the pro game, so I will base my decision on position.

I have to go with Brown. A great DL will stop the run, which we need to do badly (and we were really bad at it last year) and it will help a lot with the Dbs. 

You don't need a blue chip OT. You need a good OL working well together. Grab one in the 2nd round. 

Okudah would be my 2nd choice, but with a DL that has Brown et al, you don't need all stud Dbs, imo. 

The front office has me convinced that linebackers are a commodity. The 10th pick is not a commodity pick. 

No to a trade down.

12 hours ago, darren15 said:

ANDREW THOMAS

TRISTAN WIRFS

MEKHI BECTON

JEDRICK WILLS

DERRICK BROWN

There are 5 rock solid LTs, take the best one the board, end of story. There will be a worthy LT at 10.  

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

There are 5 rock solid LTs, take the best one the board, end of story. There will be a worthy LT at 10.  

Of those 5 "rock solid LTs", 1 of them won't be able to play LT in the NFL, 1 will bust, and 1 will have consistent injury problems. 

It's never that easy to say "there's a ton of great guys at the position we need, just take one"

21 hours ago, darren15 said:

Easy choice... put this up on reddit just the other day...

I have two prospects on my elite players' list this Draft, Burrows and Okudah, either one trumps even our highest position of need in this draft, OT.

While there are really good and even great OTs in this draft, none are elite. Take any of them over an elite player is to violate BPA principle for need... and that's a draft wrecker.

So I take Okudah and start calling around to see what it will take for me to position myself to take UH's Jones somewhere around Pick 22. If that fails then I take Matt Peart at 41... a slight reach, but one I can live with.

14 hours ago, Orion said:

So, by the chart:     #10 = 1300.    #18 = 900,  #26 = 700.  - Doin' the Guzintas - We owe them 300,

Wrong chart... DePo just rapped you on the knuckles with his sliderule...

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

above are about 14 can't misses in my draft book..And where I can see them starting

Does "can't miss" = "elite" in your book, gum?

13 hours ago, cambridgeho said:

Trade OBJ, HUNT, OUR 1ST OUR 2ND and a second next year. For #2 and Williams.

I wouldn't do that, but gave a point just for thinking outside the box...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Does "can't miss" = "elite" in your book, gum?

elite's wear gold jackets... while each draft class can only be as good as it's class..some move to the head of the class, so they won't miss anything.. i call them can't miss to possibly starting at the NfL level..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Right....with our Hahvahd Yahd  FO....they may have even invented the Harvard chart

They is he....

... and "he" is Kevin Meers. "He" left us last summer after being in our FO for about four years.

He went back to Harvard to work on his MBA...

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

They is he....

... and "he" is Kevin Meers. "He" left us last summer after being in our FO for about four years.

He went back to Harvard to work on his MBA...

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

Interesting.  Did not know that the inventor of that worked for the Browns.  Can we assume that  Depo/Berry are more on board with this chart than the Jimmy Johnson chart? 

Or, do they bother with any of that?   (I guess they would have to bother with it IF  the parties with which they are trying to make a trade insist on adhering...to either system.)

11 hours ago, Icecube said:

Exactly the type of decision making that have landed GMs on the unemployment line.

”rock solid”.  I think you have good Tackle prospects and in most drafts probably 3/4 of these guys are first round material.  This is probably the year where you trade back unless you need a QB or land a guy like Okudah or Chase Young 

This is not a top heavy draft IMO.