THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Friday

The Gipper

Here is a survey....give your answers or opinions:

1.  Do you think that the NFL will get the full season in this year....or what changes/issues do you think the pandemic could affect the game?

2. Who will be the best QB in this years  draft class....in the long run.

3. The Rams have not paid  both Todd Gurley and  Clay Matthews III  for money owed them going to last year.  Are the Rams   A.  in financial trouble  B.  or just cheap assholes?

4.  Major League Baseball is talking about  starting the season with all teams just playing in the Phoenix area at the Snakes ballpark, and at spring training sites.  And they are talking about eliminating the leagues...for just this year,  and just having a sort of free for all scheduling format.  Teams with like the 10 best records overall making the playoffs.   Thoughts about all that?

5.  Who is your favorite Superhero? 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Do you think that the NFL will get the full season in this year....or what changes/issues do you think the pandemic could affect the game?

Hard to say

Joe Burrow... It's not even close!

3. The Rams have not paid  both Todd Gurley and  Clay Matthews III  for money owed them going to last year.  Are the Rams   A.  in financial trouble  B.  or just cheap assholes?

A bit of both!

4.  Major League Baseball is talking about  starting the season with all teams just playing in the Phoenix area at the Snakes ballpark, and at spring training sites.  And they are talking about eliminating the leagues...for just this year,  and just having a sort of free for all scheduling format.  Teams with like the 10 best records overall making the playoffs.   Thoughts about all that?

Don't care one way or the other,,, Play Ball!!

Superman of course!

Obviously we all hope everything goes off as usual....but I have an inkling it will not.  I just don't know that by  September that we will be able to have  70,000 people crammed together in one spot.

Wild prediction here:    Jordan Love.   If he indeed can exhibit  Mahomes like talent...he could be the real deal. 

Pretty sure they are just being cheap, petty assholes.  Kroenke that is.    But, it would not break my heart if he were in financial problems...though I doubt that they will last.  Sure, big, big money being put into the stadium, but even if that is heavily leveraged,  he will make it up when play begins.  He will have the Chargers as a paying tenant....plus all the development around there.  Plus, that stadium is scheduled to have a Super Bowl there at the end of next years season.  I just think he wants to fuck over guys that he has gotten rid of. 

It would be highly bizarre, but highly interesting.   No divisions?  No leagues?  Just the best 10 teams recordwise? My big question would be how they could achieve some kind of balanced schedule. And while perhaps they would start off playing all game in Arizona,  eventually, when the epidemic clears up, they would be going back to home fields. 

Cal.......El   (not Fox)...:lol:

It's Kal-El... but, yes, the confusion with Krelim Kal is predictable...

No...

Burrows...

No idea

It's viable... it's a way to get a sport on TV. But is it wise?

Ultimately a team will get hit disproportionately by the virus and a high risk participant, likely a manager, coach or umpire will succumb.

Green Lantern... loved the comic. Why? Maybe the ritual... the ring of power. Unfortunately the movie was a major snooze. I hope someday someone takes a shot at a do-over. Seems likely since they've already remade perfectly acceptable Superhero movies.

In brightest day, in blackest nite... no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might beware my power, Green Lantern's light.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

full season w/ attendance modifications and maybe a late start to camp. 

Burrow.  Appears to be able to read defenses well.  Great accuracy. 

well they were supposedly getting help from the bigger cheapskates the Spanos and the Chargers but I don’t think that check has been offered or cleared yet.  In regard to personnel, They paid Goff and Donald big bucks the cap won’t allow too many more of those kinds of contracts if any so you have to be frugal in other areas.

Starting the season in AZ fine but keep the leagues in tact and the playoff structure as is.

I hope Baker Mayfield becomes our superhero.  

well they were supposedly getting help from the bigger cheapskates the Spanos and the Chargers but I don’t think that check has been offered or cleared yet.  In regard to personnel, They paid Goff and Donald big bucks the cap won’t allow too many more of those kinds of contracts if any so you have to be frugal in other areas.

I understand trimming payroll and all that.....not committing to heavy financial burdens in the future that would jeopardize the Salary cap situation......but, this appears to be a situation where this money is owed...for past services.  For a contract already entered into....but just not paid. 

Well...I just heard on the news that MLB may actually be doing it completely differently:

They would have 2 "leagues".....but they would be the  "Cactus League" and the Grapefruit League.    Each team would play their home games at their  Spring Training facility.    There would also be divisions within the league.

Apparently, per what they said, the Indians would play in a division with:   The Angels, The Dodgers, the Reds, and the White Sox, I think.  Each "league" would have a playoffs, and there would be a World Series. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/mlb-reportedly-considering-realigning-leagues-divisions-2020-season

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Do you think that the NFL will get the full season in this year....or what changes/issues do you think the pandemic could affect the game? season pushed out by 2 weeks then 2 game pre season ....full season

2. Who will be the best QB in this years  draft class....in the long run.   Burrow

3. The Rams have not paid  both Todd Gurley and  Clay Matthews III  for money owed them going to last year.  Are the Rams   A.  in financial trouble  B.  or just cheap assholes? Both

4.  Major League Baseball is talking about  starting the season with all teams just playing in the Phoenix area at the Snakes ballpark, and at spring training sites.  And they are talking about eliminating the leagues...for just this year,  and just having a sort of free for all scheduling format.  Teams with like the 10 best records overall making the playoffs.   Thoughts about all that?  MLB sucks

5.  Who is your favorite Superhero?  Wonder Woman ( Lynda Carter ) :)

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I'm too tired of it all to think about anything related to C19.

Burrow

They are in no way in "financial trouble. All they'd have to do is sell a piece of the team if they needed cash. Could they have a cash flow problem right now? Perhaps. The team is worth $3.8 billion, however, only has an operating income of $30 mill, which is the 2nd lowest in the NfL. (Only the Raider were lower, by $1 mill). In contrast, Dallas' OI was $420 mill.  https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

I don't really have any.

Never was really into SHs. Maybe Batman, because he has the coolest stuff, but on the "most powerful" metric, Superman is 1,000 x superior. 

No, it was Ben Afflek.

He played Batman in a couple of recent movies......and he portrayed   George Reeves, i.e. Superman from the 50s  TV series  in the movie Hollywoodland.......which was actually quite a good movie,  and Affleck did a very nice job portraying Reeves/Supe

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:13 PM, The Gipper said:

Yes. 

I was gonna say that the linemen would be required to line up 6ft apart.... but that wouldn't do any good because they would still have to block and tackle.

Or how about stadiums being required to be filled to only 1/5 capacity. Five empty seats between each person...Seats are wider than a foot, so 5 seats would roughly be six ft. I'm guessing. ….but then you'd have to consider front and back too.

Maybe someone more familiar with stadiums can pull out a seating chart and do the math to figure out how may people would be allowed in. Or maybe not.

Stay in your seats reqirement. All the food vendors closed. Delivery only. That is a possibility.

Full season starting two weeks late ... no fans at preseason games.

Joe Burrows

Assholes

I don't want any sports back until the fans can come back.

They're all gay.