THE BROWNS BOARD

Coronavirus and the NFL

Axe

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... or... and hear me out... useful instructions for Gipper.

You are not capable of such a feat.   There is nothing you have ever said that has been useful or instuctive here...or contributive to much in the way of a substantive conversation.

Oh, well, maybe you know how to analyze offensive line techniques....that is...just...wond..ereeeeeeeeeeeefffffullllllllllllllZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.  

Oh, sorry. fell asleep.

Apparently the Browns uniforms will be released for public consumption a week from today, April 15th. Obviously no big gala like last time, probably just released to the social networks.

And now we go back to your regularly scheduled program "Gipper's Never Ending Attempt in Really Burning Tour". 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just posted this in the netherworld... thought it warranted posting here as well.

========================================================================================

I haven't read the entire article... the animated graphic based upon Johns Hopkins case counts stopped me in my tracks.

It begins at the confirmation of our first case in January and runs thru today keeping the Top Ten countries on the screen. Note that we start off in the Top Ten but get knocked out by the country of Diamond Princess.

Page down about 4 times to find this graphic.

image.thumb.png.ac0c76206393dba2fa600fd74356b11f.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Apparently the Browns uniforms will be released for public consumption a week from today, April 15th. Obviously no big gala like last time, probably just released to the social networks.

And now we go back to your regularly scheduled program "Gipper's Never Ending Attempt in Really Burning Tour". 

So...you have failed to see that it is actually the other way around but now YOU want to perpetuate it?  Thick as a brick dick. 

Besides  what do you mean "attempt?"

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Followed by Gipper explains coronavirus his way.

Then our afternoon movie "Gipper does Dallas".   :wub:

Ex-NFL tight end Mark Campbell on coronavirus after five-day hospitalization: 'It kicked my ass'

Dave Birkett - Detroit Free Press

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/04/07/michigan-football-mark-campbell-coronavirus-nfl/2961055001/

He was a Brown '99. '00 and '02.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:59 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Knowing that genius, he'll appoint the owner of CVS or RiteAid as his replacement. 

I just read that again and it kinda hit me as funny.......but on the scary side true !

Or maybe a nice project for one of his relatives this summer.   :(

Screenshot_2018-05-28-14-02-02.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Von Miller has tested positive...

Broncos star Miller tests positive for coronavirus: 'I'm in good spirits'

Ryan Young - 6 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-star-miller-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-im-in-good-spirits/ar-BB12KnTN?ocid=spartandhp

And on the collegiate level...

Apparently the idea of playing the 2020 season in the Spring of 2021 is gaining support. It could be an option for the NFL as well as I think OAK's was the last dual purpose stadium...

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/01/college-football-in-the-spring-its-yet-another-idea-being-floated/

On 4/8/2020 at 9:49 PM, Tour2ma said:

Just posted this in the netherworld... thought it warranted posting here as well.

========================================================================================

I haven't read the entire article... the animated graphic based upon Johns Hopkins case counts stopped me in my tracks.

It begins at the confirmation of our first case in January and runs thru today keeping the Top Ten countries on the screen. Note that we start off in the Top Ten but get knocked out by the country of Diamond Princess.

Page down about 4 times to find this graphic.

image.thumb.png.ac0c76206393dba2fa600fd74356b11f.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

Brian Allen of the Rams also has the Corona Virus. 

I think our doctors, nurses and all those in the front lines everywhere putting their lives on the line for us WITHOUT finger-pointing in spite of being under-supplied - epitomize the true meaning of "United We Stand."  The NFL Draft gives us a temporary escape from the devastation all around us and throughout the world.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

WITHOUT finger-pointing in spite of being under-supplied

Everyone has their limits...

‘We’re beyond angered’: Fed-up nurses file lawsuits, plan protest at White House over lack of coronavirus protections

image.png.e1b7f187e7a127fab138040067b7d315.png

Woman was shouting at the nurse to "Go to China if you want Communism."

Nurse was likely thinking, "See your ass in the ER in 2 weeks." And funny thing is the nurse would bust his ass to save her.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

‘We’re beyond angered’: Fed-up nurses file lawsuits, plan protest at White House over lack of coronavirus protections

Nurse was likely thinking, "See your ass in the ER in 2 weeks." And funny thing is the nurse would bust his ass to save her.

I just got home from the hospital this past weekend after a brief stay it was quite amazing considering everything else that was going on.

I had two student nurses who were graduating in three weeks and we're really excited about it because they were already offered jobs as soon as they graduated at that hospital to start ASAP, (see the Barber shop thread for more details).

Oh what it's like to be 22 years old and starting your first RN job during the COVID-19 pandemic.  I was quite impressed with all of the nurses on my floor plus everyone else including housekeeping and dietary......the food was very good.  The hospital was spotless.

My wife was not even allowed to go into ER when I got there and I didn't get to see her again until I got back home.

I do like nurses !  Even married one 39 years ago.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Orion said:

Anyone hear how Canton Dawg is doing?

On 4/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Day 9 in the Stalag, and I can honestly say I’m feeling much better. If I can only get one of the doctors to sign my discharge papers. No, I won’t do Corporal Klinger for a discharge paper either. 

i got over the Polly Board Warzone Walls but the Pa-Lucy moat is full of melted ice cream

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

For that moron, I'd paraphrase Ivan Drago...

"If she dies, she dies." 

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I do like nurses !  Even married one 39 years ago.  ;)

So to paraphrase George Costanza, did the proposal go something like this, "You know I always wanted to pretend to be a doctor, right nurse?"

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That, or the Nurse was thinking, "How the Hell did she escape the R-Wing?   Is that Gorka driving?"

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:43 PM, The Gipper said:

You are not capable of such a feat.   There is nothing you have ever said that has been useful or instuctive here...or contributive to much in the way of a substantive conversation.

Oh, well, maybe you know how to analyze offensive line techniques....that is...just...wond..ereeeeeeeeeeeefffffullllllllllllllZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.  

Oh, sorry. fell asleep.

Hey, I think Tour has some good takes, man. 

44 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Hey, I think Tour has some good takes, man. 

So does, Gip... he's just pissed...

If he wasn't, then he'd have included the "r" in instructive.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So to paraphrase George Costanza, did the proposal go something like this, "You know I always wanted to pretend to be a doctor, right nurse?"

Maybe better than the doctor wanting to pretend he's a 22 year old blonde nurse ?   :o

Actually they were all real nice during my brief visit.....and .I was VERY close to getting that PICC line and a longer hospital visit.  WHEW !!

18 hours ago, Orion said:

Anyone hear how Canton Dawg is doing?

Hey Canton Dawg how's life in the fast lane ?   Hope you're doing well.......

Get well soon pal !  Michael.  :D

On 4/8/2020 at 2:01 PM, hoorta said:

They're  even trying  an experimental  procedure transfusing plasma from folks who have  recovered from covid (theoretically they've  developed  Corona  antibodies)

Sorry, but.. Not everyone who recovers actually has antibodies

1) Covid hasn't "Disproven the Models."  All models are wrong, but some are useful.  You can't model something that's never existed before.  Each and every person who has said "We're Doing Better than the Models suggested" -- is deliberately attempting to distract anyone who doesn't know the single purpose of any model in any business: To HELP inform a person's decision. Responsibility is with a person, not a model.

2) Even after a person gets better, we have no idea how long immunity to it lasts.  Thus, the concept of "Herd Immunity".. has the potential to not be physically possible.  This is the other side of the coin to the above link -- No evidence that the antibody tests can actually show an immunity

3) Mutations complicate the development of a vaccine.  HIV is a virus.. how's the progress on its vaccine?

4) Wave 2 of covid this fall is likely to be more deadly than Wave 1.  With parallels to the 1918 flu.

5) Worldwide Earth Day photos

• Upvote 1

Reports now that "recovered" Covid-19 patients are still testing positive for the virus weeks after recovery. No determination as yet as to whether these folks are still contagious.

This is one complicated lil bastard...

• Upvote 1