THE BROWNS BOARD

Building the Browns 2020

MLD Woody

On the face of it I don't think you could have a more different vibe than this time last year with stefanski/Berry coming over incredibly professional and with a seriousness about what they intend to do, compared to kitchens/dorsey strolling around chewing gum and back slapping, & with the inspiring tag line..'if you ain't brown 'n orange you don't matter'.

Feels better already....but....we will see 🤔

Decent watch...

Anybody decode the whiteboard? Pro-day list grouped by date with scouts' initials in blue, but schools are kinda scrambled... Looks like state's initials followed by school?

NYBU = U of Buffalo? COUN = U of CO... COST = Colorado State... NYST = ???

Whiteboard.png.71241c5ba2da2232f4a85b9981c00c1b.png

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Decent watch...

Anybody decode the whiteboard? Pro-day list grouped by date with scouts' initials in blue, but schools are kinda scrambled... Looks like state's initials followed by school?

NYBU = U of Buffalo? COUN = U of CO... COST = Colorado State... NYST = ???

Whiteboard.png.71241c5ba2da2232f4a85b9981c00c1b.png

Then you have OHST Ohio State, NCST NC State.

Another google find here if you wanted to decode the cancelled Pro Days  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104928/article/2020-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule

I enjoyed watching the video.  Our people sound very 'not loud' spoken (don't wanna say Soft Spoken), and intelligent.

Does anyone else have the sick feeling that, after the draft, the next football thing to happen will be the 2021 opening of free agency?  -  30k new cases in the US every day.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

I enjoyed watching the video.  Our people sound very 'not loud' spoken (don't wanna say Soft Spoken), and intelligent.

Does anyone else have the sick feeling that, after the draft, the next football thing to happen will be the 2021 opening of free agency?  -  30k new cases in the US every day.

I know I've already come to peace that baseball is pretty much shot this season... 

I still think, gun to my head, that the football season goes relatively as planned, but that might just be hopeful thinking. 

• Like 1

Just heard yesterday about a MLB plan to start the season in Arizona with no fans in attendance with hope of moving nationwide this summer.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Yeah... not optimistic, but no idea how they resolve the contracts. My first thought is all contracts would be extended one year through some force majeure clause and there'd be no FA.

Pay for a missed 2020? No idea how the league handles that. Some percentage to a max amount maybe...

Also assuming no NCAA season, so there'd be no draft... just one big, red-shirt season...

It's be like the year did not exist for all purposes not just games.

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Also assuming no NCAA season, so there'd be no draft...

I'm not so sure of that.  I think the schools would figure out how to keep the academics going on so that students would continue to graduate.  And thus sophomores become juniors and juniors become seniors, whether they played any football or not.  You just wind up with rather old tape on them. 

But I agree about free agency.  We wind up with the same guys left over from this year.   

21 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm not so sure of that.  I think the schools would figure out how to keep the academics going on so that students would continue to graduate.  And thus sophomores become juniors and juniors become seniors, whether they played any football or not.  You just wind up with rather old tape on them. 

Possible, since HS are going to graduate kids so NCAA will have a recruiting class...

NFL might restrict the draft to true Seniors for a year by not counting the year not played toward underclass eligibility... and keep that rolling forward until all who skipped year have graduated.

It'll be interesting, but I'd rather see football...

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It'll be interesting, but I'd rather see football...

Interesting, but in a haunting way.  I mean it's possible that we get 'some' football in, and then the damn virus comes back when the summer heat ends.  At this point, we can make up just about any scenario, from an antidote being announced tomorrow to a universe completely void of intelligent life in a year's time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very impressed with Callahan's response to how well Wills understands what's going on in the LOS. You can tell Callahan can hardly wait to coach this guy one on one every week. When a coach that good thinks there will be no trouble for Wills to start at LT, then I'm happy for this team, especially with Conklin now at RT as well. We're going to be running on some people this year and keeping our D off the field for long periods of time. That combination leads to winning games IMO.😁👍

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Look man, if you want to make yourself like stupid, go ahead. It has never stopped you before...

The thing is DPJ  is  terrible,  trite, derivative, common and stupid.  It is an unworthy nickname.  The fact that you can't see that means you are the stupid one. 

So, come up with something better and I will consider backing off on calling him Peeps. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The thing is DPJ  is  terrible,  trite, derivative, common and stupid.  It is an unworthy nickname.  The fact that you can't see that means you are the stupid one. 

So, come up with something better and I will consider backing off on calling him Peeps. 

"Guy who Woody obsesses about" is a tad "wordy"... 😁

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...