THE BROWNS BOARD

2020 Prospect Round Up...

Tour2ma

Sometimes replies spark a thread thought... this is such a thread.

I was looking thru the pile of sim results I've accumulated and the changes from my early, more uninformed efforts to my later ones was stark. It ended up generating a number of questions about my evolution... questions you now get to answer as well, if you are interested. You don't have to have run sim after to sim to answer them. You just need to have thought about this draft early and often.

1. Which of the prospects you like have risen the most?

2. Which has fallen the farthest?

3. Are there any prospects you "discovered" that still look like steals to you?

4. Which Prospect have you most consistently taken with a given pick?

5. What looks like the deepest Position group to you... the one where value can still be found Day 3?

6. Which looks like the highest-quality Position group to you... the one with the largest number of great talent at the top?

7. What looks to be the shallowest Position group to you... the one where you'd better grab a guy on Day 1, Day 2 at the latest, because if you haven't landed a prospect by then, then you're unlikely to find any help this year?

8. Which group looks like the lowest quality?

36 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Sometimes replies spark a thread thought... this is such a thread.

I was looking thru the pile of sim results I've accumulated and the changes from my early, more uninformed efforts to my later ones was stark. It ended up generating a number of questions about my evolution... questions you now get to answer as well, if you are interested. You don't have to have run sim after to sim to answer them. You just need to have thought about this draft early and often.

Jesus

or, would it be Jordan Love?

Lucifer

or:  Jacob Eason

America

or:  Malik Harrison

My teeth

or Antoine Winfield Jr. 

5. What looks like the deepest Position group to you... the one where value can still be found Day 4?

The Marianas  Trench

or....Wide Receiver

6. Which looks like the highest-quality Position group to you... the one with the largest number of great talent at the top?

The Missionary

Or....Offensive Tackle

7. What looks to be the shallowest Position group to you... the one where you'd better grab a guy on Day 1, Day 2 at the latest, because if you haven't landed a prospect by then, then you're unlikely to find ant help this year?

Willie Gay Jr.  in a tub

or  Middle Linebacker

Grand Funk Railroad?

or  OG/C

This is a survey, no? 

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Adam Trautman, TE. I took him in the fourth round, he'll probably go in the 1st or second.

I over-valued Marcus Norman, OT. He is a combine snub. But I think he will be drafted - won't be in the 3rd like I picked him. I guess more like 5-7th. But I really like the kid.

Logan Wilson, LB. I swear this kid is going to be terrific in the NFL. And maybe Amik Robertson, db, Louisiana Tech. I've seen a few articles recently about him.

Josh Jones, of course, and Kyle Dugger, lb/s in the second  round.

5. What looks like the deepest Position group to you... the one where value can still be found Day 4?

OG, WR

I'm going to guess CB.

7. What looks to be the shallowest Position group to you... the one where you'd better grab a guy on Day 1, Day 2 at the latest, because if you haven't landed a prospect by then, then you're unlikely to find ant help this year?

Maybe....QB

Maybe...TE or RB ? Don't know.

Got a couple replies so I'll go now...

Willie Gay, Jr. - early on he was a relatively unknown, problem child destined for Round 6... then he blew up the Combine. Now he's a solid Day 2, problem child bet.

Gotta be Delpit... he was a Top 5 pick in early mocks and now he seems destined for Round 2... and it does not appear to be his fault. Seems to be more the case that the breadth and depth of this Safety class have diminished his value.

Purest answer is my Official QB Darkhorse for 2020, Anthony Gordon, but I'm going with Jalen Hurts. No, I did not discover him, but I feel like I have rediscovered him. The kid is underappreciated and appears to be headed for Round 3. He's my 2020 version of former Tour Darkhorse, Dak Presoctt. And like Prescott I see Hurts being a successful starter in this league... and soon.

Andrew Thomas at #10.

5. What looks like the deepest Position group to you... the one where value can still be found Day 3?

Safety... there are Day 3 prospects that will start in the NFL someday, e.g., from UT's Brandon Jones and Maryland's Antoine Brooks, Jr. (R4) thru our own Jordan Fuller and UNC's Myles Dorn (R6/7).

WR... there are at least 6 prospects worthy of being picked in Round 1.

7. What looks to be the shallowest Position group to you... the one where you'd better grab a guy on Day 1, Day 2 at the latest, because if you haven't landed a prospect by then, then you're unlikely to find any help this year?

Edge... looks like only two, 3-down Edge prospects in this draft. Rest are part-time, role players.

TE... There's not a R1 guy in the Draft and maybe two R2s.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

1. Which of the prospects you like have risen the most? Xavier McKinney & local Kyle Dugger

2. Which has fallen the farthest?  Kenny Willekes & Brycen Hopkins

3. look like steals to you? Thaddeus Moss/Jalen Hurts/ Cephus

4. Which Prospect have you most consistently taken with a given pick? #10-T Andrew Thomas// #41 S- A Davis

5. What looks like the deepest Position group to you... the one where value can still be found Day 4?  WR-OL-RB-S

6. Which looks like the highest-quality Position group to you... the one with the largest number of great talent at the top?  WR

7. What looks to be the shallowest Position group to you... the one where you'd better grab a guy on Day 1, Day 2 at the latest, because if you haven't landed a prospect by then, then you're unlikely to find ant help this year?  Edge/LB

8. Which group looks like the lowest quality? TE

Tour got me by a few mins..are we close?

• Upvote 1