THE BROWNS BOARD

The "Daily CoronaVirus Presser" Thread...

Tour2ma

March 31, 2020 -

Things got grim yesterday... which was the good news. Good in that our President now seems to fully understand, if not accept... afterall he gotta be he... that this virus is not a sensationalized MSM hoax, is not going to just disappear... at least not anytime soon..., is not like the flu, etc., etc., etc.

Brix revealed that unmitigated between 1.5 and 2.2 million deaths could occur in the US (gee... where have I seen numbers like those before).

Birx: In their estimates, they had between 1.5 million and 2.2 million people in the United States succumbing to this virus without mitigation.  Yet, through their detailed studies and showing us what social distancing would do, what people — what would happen if people stayed home, what would happen if people were careful every day to wash their hands and worry about touching their faces, that what an extraordinary thing this could be if every American followed these.  And it takes us to that stippled mountain that’s much lower — a hill, actually — down to 100,000 to 200,000 deaths, which is still way too much.  But this model assumes full mitigation.

Dr. Birx then moved on to another slide...

Birx: But this is a slide that gives us great hope and understanding about what is possible.  On the bottom of the slide, where you can barely see that blue line at the very bottom, that’s the current cases in California, the cumulative cases in California, where they’re doing significant testing.

The next line up is Connecticut.  The orange line is New Jersey.  The blue line is New York.  The yellow line is Washington.  We all remember Washington State.  It was just a month ago when they started to have the issues in Washington State, but they brought together their communities and their health providers, and they put in strong mitigation methods and testing.  And you can see what the result in Washington State and California is.  But without the continuation for the next 30 days, anything could change.

This is done community by community.  We all know people are in their states and in their communities.  And we’re very dependent on each person in the United States doing the same thing...

As we started and — we will end with it’s communities that will do this.  There’s no magic bullet.  There’s no magic vaccine or therapy.  It’s just behaviors.  Each of our behaviors translating into something that changes the course of this viral pandemic over the next 30 days.

So basically the main point to this point in the Presser is that: the entire nation must do as CA, WSH, and even NY/NJ are now doing or they will end up like NY, jeopardize our nation's progress and prolong our economic shutdown.

In the first Q&A question about a chart of projected deaths Trump bluffs before deferring...

Q    Just to be clear, what is the projected death toll, should the people be reasonably good at following these mitigation measures?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, if they’re reasonably good, I guess we could say that — I’d like to have maybe Dr. Fauci or Deb come up and say.  I mean, I have numbers but I’d rather have them say the numbers, if you don’t mind.  It’s a big — it’s a big question.

He's so cute when he bluffs...

***ASIDE***: Did you ever notice that Trump calls Dr. Fauci "Dr. Fauci", but calls Dr. Birx "Deb" or "Deborah"? I wonder why that is??? Anyway...

The next question shows the depth of our President's understanding...

Reminder: the chart referred to here is the one Dr Birx used to show the relative paths of the states to date.

Q    Would you tell them — would you tell cities that aren’t doing what, you know, New York, New Jersey, Washington — you know, the cities that have been taking charge in all of this — would you urge some of the cities that haven’t been doing this, Mr. President, to get with the program?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, I would.  But if you see, New York — I believe the blue is New York — New York is having a much harder time than other of the cities.  Certain cities are doing actually, if you look down here, an incredible job.  They were early.  They were very, very firm, and they’ve done an incredible job.  This is New Jersey and New York.  This is —

(Editorial: There were no cities on the chart.... only states... and so Dr. Birx tries to save the President)

DR. BIRX:  Cali- — I mean, remember, California and Washington State were down here, and they had some of the earliest cases.

Q    But we’re seeing places in Florida not doing what New York and New Jersey have been doing, what Washington State has been doing.

THE PRESIDENT:  But they’re doing very well by comparison.

lol.... Ladies and Gentlemen... The President of the United States.

Here's the link to the transcript...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-15/

It's late so I won't do all of the April Fools Presser... but I will say it was a two-partner with our Commander-in-Chief featured in Part 1 along with a campaign cast of Generals and the Acting Secretary of Defense. apparently we're getting tough on drug smuggling or something...

We did learn Trump is #1 on facebook... we now know that because he told us.

Sneak Part 2 Preview: Da Prez is now a fan of scarves...

Then after a brief intermission came the Corona Presser... which more prominently featured VP Pence under a bus...

Betcha can't wait...

8 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Good April Fools joke.

I assume you are referring to this part of Trump's April Fools' Presser...

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We did learn Trump is #1 on facebook... we now know that because he told us.

Here's the April Fools part... he's not...

TRUMP: "Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out I'm number one on Facebook." (Trump has 29 million followers; Obama has 53 million.)

5:36 PM · Apr 1, 2020

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1245480070111735809

No, it’s all bullshit and it’s bad for you. You copy a lot of crap. I have listened to Trump and the Dr with my ears. They have been on the same page from day one. Just different words saying the same thing. You’re offended? Tough! That does not make you right.  Ohio’s Dewine took those Presidential guidelines and ran with them. Now we are the toast of the world. Cuomo? Just another mass murderer.  And those that say Trump is not your president, send those checks to good ole dementia Joe. 

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

They have been on the same page from day one. Just different words saying the same thing. You’re offended? Tough! 

Am not a huge fan of "only the sick need to wear a protective mask" TO now, it seems "it's ok, for those wanting to wear protective mask as a precaution".. Who's the possible sick one's? can we color code the panic OCD public wearing these?   

Wanna have a real read? Read what Johns Hopkins had to say about the USAs response to this virus. Best in the world! Reuter’s is real news. Not a peep of tours hype there either. OSU, Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital all agree with the CDC as does President Trump. Our governor has taken heat for following Trumps guidelines to a Tee. Two days ago Ohio sent a large fleet of ambulances to help NYC. The plan is working here. We started shutting the state down with the number two case of community spread. Way earlier than NY, PA, FLA, LA, Texas, Ca etc. Wexler OSU is right in it too.  We are saving lives while the stupid play politics

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Am not a huge fan of "only the sick need to wear a protective mask" TO now, it seems "it's ok, for those wanting to wear protective mask as a precaution".. Who's the possible sick one's? can we color code the panic ODC public wearing these?   

They need too be able to test and see who’s had it. That may be a stronger indicator of who is safe. I’m seeing up to 20% do not show symptoms and yet still contagious.  That really throws the overall numbers way off. 

Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

They need too be able to test and see who’s had it. That may be a stronger indicator of who is safe. I’m seeing up to 20% do not show symptoms and yet still contagious.  That really throws the overall numbers way off. 

Maybe wearing a mask will replace beer for ugly people to get laid?...lol My granddaughter is helping by making cloth masks and donating them to our Dr office.  What a shame we sent our medical manufacturing to a communist country

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I have listened to Trump and the Dr with my ears.

Too bad you don't hear them...

I have missed maybe three of the Pressers since they began.

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Reuter’s is real news

Noted...

Exclusive: White House told federal health agency to classify coronavirus deliberations - sources

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-secrecy-exclusive/exclusive-white-house-told-federal-health-agency-to-classify-coronavirus-deliberations-sources-idUSKBN20Y2LM

So... transparency?

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Not a peep of tours hype there either. OSU, Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital all agree with the CDC as does President Trump. Our governor has taken heat for following Trumps guidelines to a Tee. Two days ago Ohio sent a large fleet of ambulances to help NYC. The plan is working here. We started shutting the state down with the number two case of community spread. Way earlier than NY, PA, FLA, LA, Texas, Ca etc.

Hype?

Cleveland Clinic has been prepping since early January. They saw this coming then. They are now converting CWRU buildings to surge hospital capacity.

Trump has only recently embraced the CDC projections... as in the past week.

Dewine has been a leader... but the criticism of Trump is that he has only issued guidelines when imposing the measures you seem fond of were needed on a national scale.

What plan? I see Governor to Governor cooperation in reaction to developments. And while that's better than nothing, it is not a "plan".

"Starting shutting" is not the proper criteria... but if it were, California wins. Statewide stay at home is the measure and Ohio started theirs on March 24. California... March 19. NY... March 22.

FL? Still doesn't have one when certain large gatherings, like religious services, are exempted.

And it's "to a T"...

3 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Better than the new world order of duct tape and plastic. Oh ya, it should be classified you dummy. This affects our national security in soo many ways. Too bad pinheads can’t see the truth

I give you this... you are better at name calling than you are with facts.

Please tell me the ways.

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

You copy a lot of crap.

You do realize that every quote I posted in this thread is from the White House transcript... don't you?

57 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I go by the cdc, Cleveland Clinic, UH Mike DeWine and President Trump. Ohio is the world leader in fighting this. National security issues???  
you never heard of the navy?  It is real you know. Military issues and covid aren’t national security how ??

Tour's ego extends into every subject. Like military - except he was never in it, I believe. His taking anything Pres Trump does or says out of context just feeds it. Alas, it's appetite knows no bounds - never ending, like space and time. And, when he's silly and funny...

it is quite unintentional. When he's wrong, Tour has a "Total Eclipse of the Heart". He's complicated. lol 

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I go by the cdc, Cleveland Clinic, UH Mike DeWine and President Trump. Ohio is the world leader in fighting this. National security issues???  
you never heard of the navy?  It is real you know. Military issues and covid aren’t national security how ??

You realize that national security was a major contributing factor to the spread of the 1918 Flu, don't you?

Military issues and Covid? I do not accept the coupling of them on your say-so. Feel free to persuade me, if you can, but it will take more than the use of a conjunction.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Tour's ego extends into every subject. Like military - except he was never in it, I believe. His taking anything Pres Trump does or says out of context just feeds it. Alas, it's appetite knows no bounds - never ending, like space and time. And, when he's silly and funny...

it is quite unintentional. When he's wrong, Tour has a "Total Eclipse of the Heart". He's complicated. lol 

How does an ego extend into every subject? Knowledge may have been the word you were looking for.

And no, cal, I never served, so I have no first hand knowledge of the military.

What did I miss?

I'd like your view from the bottom, because the only perspective I have is that from the view my First Lieutenant daughter and First Lieutenant son-in-law had.

All they did was serve six (active Navy plus ~4 reserves) and twenty (active Navy, now retired) years respectively.

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

How does an ego extend into every subject? Knowledge may have been the word you were looking for.

What did I miss?

I'd like your view from the bottom, because the only perspective I have is that from the view my First Lieutenant daughter and First Lieutenant son-in-law had.

All they did was serve six (active Navy plus ~4 reserves) and twenty (active Navy, now retired) years respectively.

That's admirable ! But I'll bet you don't know how to run a floor buffer....giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

What did I miss?

No such thing as a first lieutenant in the Navy.  There is Ensign, Lieutenant Junior Grade, then Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Commander, Captain, etc.

20 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

No such thing as a first lieutenant in the Navy.  There is Ensign, Lieutenant Junior Grade, then Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Commander, Captain, etc.

Then Lieutenant it is...

... although I may have under-ranked my son-in-law.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

That's admirable ! But I'll bet you don't know how to run a floor buffer..

First... was "admirable" a pun?

Second... actually used one once... doesn't mean I did it right tho. However, I have rented a few carpet cleaners.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

First... was "admirable" a pun?

Second... actually used one once... doesn't mean I did it right tho. However, I have rented a few carpet cleaners.

actually, it was not a pun. I did notice it later though. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I would have appreciated it also.  However, he knew he would be relieved because he didn't follow the proper chain of command.  He will be retired as a Captain (0-6).

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I would have appreciated it also.  However, he knew he would be relieved because he didn't follow the proper chain of command.  He will be retired as a Captain (0-6).

He actually had followed the chain of command, but they were doing nothing for his sailors. So he walked the plank for them career-wise. The Captain of an aircraft carrier is already on track for major promotions at completion of that tour of duty. 

"You know I always wanted to pretend to be a Vice Admiral"-George Costanza.👨‍🍳

• Haha 1

But he sent out the email via an usecured system and copied over 20 people.  I believe they should have let CINCPACFLT make the call rather than the SECNAV, even though obviously he had the authority to do it.  Regardless, his career is over, as he knew it would be.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

actually, it was not a pun. I did notice it later though. Sorry.

Of all the things to apologize to me for...

Actually I thought it was funny... :)