THE BROWNS BOARD

Extra Security for Fauci as threats come from the Right...

Tour2ma

Guess the wikileaks memo's circulation wasn't restricted to the Browns Board...

.... or was it??? :unsure:

After Threats, Anthony Fauci to Receive Enhanced Personal Security

Dr. Fauci has become a target of online conspiracy theorists after advocating social distancing rules.

By Katie Benner and Michael D. Shear  April 1, 2020

WASHINGTON — Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases, who has become a regular at President Trump’s coronavirus briefings, will receive enhanced personal security after receiving threats following his repeated pleas for Americans to help slow the spread of the deadly pandemic, officials said on Wednesday.

Dr. Fauci has been the Trump administration’s most outspoken advocate of social distancing rules that have shuttered the nation’s schools, forced businesses to close, kept people in their homes and battered the United States economy.

That has made him a target of online conspiracy theorists who have accused Dr. Fauci, a longtime scientist and civil servant who has served presidents of both parties, of trying to undermine Mr. Trump during a year in which the president is fighting for re-election.

The Department of Health and Human Services granted the enhanced personal security for Dr. Fauci, 79, after the Justice Department signed off on a request for extra agents to guard him, officials said. Alex M. Azar II, the health and human services secretary, had grown worried that the threats against the doctor were increasing as more of the country shut down in response to the coronavirus.

“Yesterday, upon the recommendation of the U.S. Marshals Service, the department approved the special deputization request from H.H.S. for nine H.H.S.-O.I.G. special agents to provide protective services for Dr. Fauci,” the Justice Department said in a statement, referring to the Office of the Inspector General at the health department. The Washington Post first reported the news of the enhanced security.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/us/politics/coronavirus-fauci-security.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

I hesitate to use the term you guys but doesn't it seem like this pops up an awful lot when "some people" like to pretend there's a bigger insurgence among far-right terrorist lurking in the shadows then there really is?

Usually, and this happens from both sides when they're trying to shake up the Great unwashed, stories like this are accompanied by vague reports of death threats.

WSS

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I hesitate to use the term you guys but doesn't it seem like this pops up an awful lot when "some people" like to pretend there's a bigger insurgence among far-right terrorist lurking in the shadows then there really is?

Usually, and this happens from both sides when they're trying to shake up the Great unwashed, stories like this are accompanied by vague reports of death threats.

WSS

It was a recommendation from the US Marshalls Service Steve. It didn't just come out of thin air. They don't pick a side, just look at the threats before offering an action plan.

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I respect the New York Times about as much as you guys respect ammoland.

WSS

The only difference is, this isn't really an opinion piece and can be confirmed from multiple sources.

Threats must be deemed credible as well.  So that is the impressive, if not most troubling part.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The only difference is, this isn't really an opinion piece and can be confirmed from multiple sources.

Threats must be deemed credible as well.  So that is the impressive, if not most troubling part.

Sure. Funny how death threats are always coming from the big vague boogie man.

So let's say you are right there's some vast Pro Trump alt right conspiracy looking to kill the good doctor. Shouldn't be that fucking hard to track down where these threats come from an arrest people right? And if it's too tough that's a poor showing from the Marshalls isn't it?

WSS

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So let's say you are right there's some vast Pro Trump alt right conspiracy looking to kill the good doctor. Shouldn't be that fucking hard to track down where these threats come from an arrest people right? And if it's too tough that's a poor showing from the Marshalls isn't it?

WSS

OK-here it is on Fox. You can look on The Blaze if you want as well. They are just now catching up to Trump's turnaround so good luck with that. 

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci-getting-security-detail-amid-safety-threats-admirers-reports

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

OK-here it is on Fox. You can look on The Blaze if you want as well. They are just now catching up to Trump's turnaround so good luck with that. 

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci-getting-security-detail-amid-safety-threats-admirers-reports

So what? They have to sell mutual funds soap and rubbers like everybody else? So where are the convictions ? ? should be a pretty serious crime right?

And if they are impossible to track down what makes you think it's not Democrats trying to smear the president?

WSS

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I'm sure the "more" credible threats probably will face charges.

I presume you'll be taking this 'vague boogie man' and applying it with consistency among the threads you have and will continue to see of "mass leftist" violence.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Well the UK just arrested a guy for planning right wing neo-Nazi terrorism

Germany broke up an extremist right wing group recently too

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And if they are impossible to track down what makes you think it's not Democrats trying to smear the president?

WSS

Hot damn The Blaze is seeking conspiracy writers Steve. Put your application in right away.😜

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No doubt North Korea has arrested some people for Espionage and terrorism as well. Sorry did you have a point?

WSS

"Funny how these threats always come from a big, vague Boogeyman" - Steve

"Here are concrete examples of very defined threats" - Woody

"I'm sorry, did you have a point?" - Steve

Yeah.... Literally the thing I posted in reference to what you posted. That's the point. 

Hi, Steve...

Just thought you might be feeling lonely in here..

That is all...

Tour

PS - you've got a CD to finish... or some Hamilton to listen to...

I have a feeling this one's playing for his own team...

Engineer Arrested For Derailing Train Near USNS Mercy, Claimed Ship Part Of ‘Government Takeover’

Syndicated Local – CBS Los Angeles - 4 hrs ago

image.png.5b3f6ca65967072f2a7f647e0da662b4.png

According to the complaint, Moreno ran the train off the tracks before crashing through a series of barriers, ultimately coming to rest more than 250 yards from the Mercy.

Prosecutors say a a California Highway Patrol officer witnessed the crash before he took Moreno into custody as he fled the scene.

The CHP officer who witnessed the crash reported seeing “the train smash into a concrete barrier at the end of the track, smash into a steel barrier, smash into a chain-link fence, slide through a parking lot, slide across another lot filled with gravel, and smash into a second chain-link fence,” according to the affidavit in support of the criminal complaint.

According to court documents, Moreno allegedly told the CHP officer, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/engineer-arrested-for-derailing-train-near-usns-mercy-claimed-ship-part-of-government-takeover/ar-BB122Sbm?ocid=spartandhp

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hi, Steve...

Just thought you might be feeling lonely in here..

That is all...

Tour

PS - you've got a CD to finish... or some Hamilton to listen to...

Like I said I will try to go see it when it comes around. People keep pestering me to do one of those Facebook in-home concerts but I just don't have the time. I have at least seven people involved in this project so far and it's a rare occasion anybody records together. Haha. I really am hoping to have it in the can by the end of next week. Of course Human Nature kicks in, if everybody isn't in the same room people will take the opportunity to fuck off.

Not to brag but some of this is the best work I've ever done.

WSS

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"Funny how these threats always come from a big, vague Boogeyman" - Steve

"Here are concrete examples of very defined threats" - Woody

"I'm sorry, did you have a point?" - Steve

Yeah.... Literally the thing I posted in reference to what you posted. That's the point. 

Like I said call me when some of these people get arrested and charged. It should be relatively simple. They have the full force of the US government to track them down. 

WSS

54 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I have a feeling this one's playing for his own team...

Engineer Arrested For Derailing Train Near USNS Mercy, Claimed Ship Part Of ‘Government Takeover’

Syndicated Local – CBS Los Angeles - 4 hrs ago

image.png.5b3f6ca65967072f2a7f647e0da662b4.png

According to the complaint, Moreno ran the train off the tracks before crashing through a series of barriers, ultimately coming to rest more than 250 yards from the Mercy.

Prosecutors say a a California Highway Patrol officer witnessed the crash before he took Moreno into custody as he fled the scene.

The CHP officer who witnessed the crash reported seeing “the train smash into a concrete barrier at the end of the track, smash into a steel barrier, smash into a chain-link fence, slide through a parking lot, slide across another lot filled with gravel, and smash into a second chain-link fence,” according to the affidavit in support of the criminal complaint.

According to court documents, Moreno allegedly told the CHP officer, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/engineer-arrested-for-derailing-train-near-usns-mercy-claimed-ship-part-of-government-takeover/ar-BB122Sbm?ocid=spartandhp

Not surprised Tour. Just a very small step for the nutjobs to start thinking all these restrictions are the beginning of a planned government takeover. 

So, Steve won't buy into it...

but...

hey, AXE !

you could buy a pickup truck, cowboy hat and go Country - you and Steve could ROCK the place !

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

THAT is who Steve reminds me of !!!!! A giant HOBBIT !!!

Sitting here chuckling with the exact same thought in mind...