THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign DE Adrian Clayborn

LondonBrown

I like it.  Brings some beef on the edge to our base looks, he has the ability to play across the entire front in sub packages, also allows us to put Vernon on a pitch count when (if) he's restructured.   

If not, allows us to sink a pick in a young pass rusher and give him a real shot at pacing development.

While I see Adrian in our Edge rotation, I can also see him inside platooning with Billings in obvious pass sits...

Garrett and Clayborn lined up as DTs would have some IOL soiling themselves.

43 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

While I see Adrian in our Edge rotation, I can also see him inside platooning with Billings in obvious pass sits...

Every time Garrett switched to DT he created an absolute quick twitch nightmare for those slower interior OLs. How many times did he fake the center and then split the C-G slot? If we had another edge guy it would be great to see him there much more often.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If we had another edge guy it would be great to see him there much more often.

Not to mention that our D was putting opponents in 3rd and long more...

Also has not escaped my notice that we've been adding 3-4-ish pieces (Sorry, tia) to our D for our 3-4 lovin' DC...

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Also has not escaped my notice that we've been adding 3-4-ish pieces (Sorry, tia) to our D for our 3-4 lovin' DC...

Take Von from Denver then. He can still play high level.😁

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"Odd" fronts.   Me thinks specifically to combat looks from the Ravens and Bills.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I think this covers us along the DL such that we won't need to grab one in the draft.   Browns can concentrate on  OL /LB/DBs.

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think this covers us along the DL such that we won't need to grab one in the draft.   Browns can concentrate on  OL /LB/DBs.

And a WR3 now we dont have Higgins and Calloway

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Higgins status still up in the air, no? 

Yes....last I heard he was talking to the Bills but they since signed Diggs

Ratley? Thought he showed some signs last season.

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We have numbers for the DL... but not depth... especially young, talented depth.

Are there areas of greater need? Yes, but this LB class is not deep.

And OL and 2ndary are at least as set as DL... so to my mind it's still a BPA draft with need as a tie-breaker.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think we need another "dancing bear".  I'd take a flyer on one on the third day.  I don't trust the availability of some of these guys.  

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think we need another "dancing bear".  I'd take a flyer on one on the third day.  I don't trust the availability of some of these guys.  

Alex Highsmith - an Edge I've been watching. 

Just in case Vernon misses half the season again.    We'll need a 3rd/4th man to get after the QB

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Took a look at him a while back... some role potential.

Lately looking at Florida's Zuniga (broadcasters beware!) and Syracuse's Coleman.

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Just in case Vernon misses half the season again.    We'll need a 3rd/4th man to get after the QB

I just selected him in our mock draft.  He’s a Charlotte guy (same w/Ogunjobi).  Saw some tape looks like a good NFL pass rusher right now- definite 3rd down guy and a Perfect guy to sit behind A couple vets for a few years and rotate in 8-10 plays a game 

16 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

have you checked out the motor on Notre Dame.. DE Khalid Kareem? .. Kareem has the NFL DE body type & long arms.. Once recruited by Bama & Michigan, ND played him at every tech on the DL. His stat-line improved all 3 seasons  ..lots of utube film out there on Kareem along with a Andrew Thomas stalemate in 2019...  

48 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

have you checked out the motor on Notre Dame.. DE Khalid Kareem? .. Kareem has the NFL DE body type & long arms.. Once recruited by Bama & Michigan, ND played him at every tech on the DL. His stat-line improved all 3 seasons  ..lots of utube film out there on Kareem along with a Andrew Thomas stalemate in 2019...  

I haven't and I have quite a bit on the docket lined up to watch.  But the good news about shit being shut down, my weekends and some weekdays are free to binge available film.

Here' the deal with Kareem... well... I was starting a post about how he and his R2 grade will be competing with positions of greater need, but then I realized if there's a pure BPA pick on our board it's our #41.

Looked at sim results I've saved from 4 different sites... and there's a bunch... and as I learned more about this draft class the pick that evolved the most was Pick 41. It has become my net for R1 talent that was squeezed out and to us. It's where I've taken a CB, a WR knowing those two, R# picks are coming soon

So it's a different competition for Kareem and other R2 talent at 41... BPA.

Of course there is always a trade down possibility... far enough where the the 1st-round spillover that's of low interest to us is taken... and adding a 4th and 5th or better in the process.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Still available in our draft...and you have the 3rd next pick coming up.   We have gone through 128 picks so far, and he has not been taken.