THE BROWNS BOARD

Schedule Released!

The Gipper

On 5/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, Tour2ma said:

So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".

Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.

Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.

I still think the Bengals are a lay up. Rookie QBs suck. BLT ain't no joke 

LB Patrick Queen, LSU
2 55* RB J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
3 71* DL Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
3 92 WR Devin Duvernay, Texas

That's sick. Queen, Dobbins, Duvernay? Damn. 

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

really weird at first walking to the bar at 8:30 to 9 to get a good table but it was fun hanging with The Browns Backers 

I see that  Z's  Naples Browns Backers have put out some  information on their planned trip to the Jacksonville game.  Tailgate, tickets, hotels perhaps.

I will allow Z to disclose details as I am not sure if their group would have any policy or limitations on non-members joining along.   I know there has been some interest expressed there, including by me. 

On 5/12/2020 at 12:08 AM, Icecube said:

Rookie QBs suck.

So Baker and his rookie TD record sucked?

On paper the Bengals may be 2nd to only the Fins as the most improved team this off season.

Should we still win? Yes. My point was that the short week makes it less sure.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So Baker and his rookie TD record sucked?

On paper the Bengals may be 2nd to only the Fins as the most improved team this off season.

Should we still win? Yes. My point was that the short week makes it less sure.

Well, it will be a short week for them as well....which should be more difficult for a team with a rookie QB.

I was catching up on some articles when this stopped me cold...

Baltimore caught a break when schedules were released last week. The Ravens are the only team favored in all 16 games, and they don’t travel to the West Coast once.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/05/is-an-offensive-regression-looming-for-baltimore-what-does-it-mean-for-the-cleveland-browns.html

Not sure how rare it is to be favored in every game this early, but I'm pretty sure it is not common.

Baltimore caught a break when schedules were released last week. The Ravens are the only team favored in all 16 games, and they don’t travel to the West Coast once.

NO  AFCN team has to play on the west coast this year.   The Browns and the Steelers only have to go as far west as Dallas, and the Bengals and Ravens go to Houston, I believe.  

As for the Ravens being favored in every game......that is just tommyrot, horsefeathers,  fiddle faddle, claptrap, poppycock  at this point. 

• 3 months later...

Update on the Potential  Jaguars away game possible tailgate.  Here is from Jags website:

The Jaguars provided the update below to season ticket members this morning regarding the 2020 season.

The health and safety of the entire Jaguars family, including our fans, remains our highest priority. Alongside our stadium partners and national and local healthcare experts, we have and will continue to work diligently to develop new protocols to ensure our team can return to the field with a clear focus on winning and our fans can return to the stadium with peace of mind.

It was our sincere hope to welcome a capacity crowd to TIAA Bank Field this fall and celebrate together with the First Coast community. However, with the health and well-being of everyone in mind, the Jaguars anticipate reducing capacity this season. In compliance with state and local authorities and following CDC social distancing guidelines, TIAA Bank Field will be able to seat approximately 25 percent of its capacity at each Jaguars home game in 2020. Once the season begins, any future increase in capacity will depend on developments on the health and safety front.

As a ticket holder, here is what you need to know regarding tickets in 2020:

· All season tickets will be returned, and funds paid to date will be credited to accounts. Any payments scheduled for July have been canceled. Season ticket members will have the opportunity to apply credited funds towards the purchase of tickets this season or in 2021.

· Full cash refunds will also be made available upon request. _

· The Jaguars are working with Ticketmaster to develop a new seating chart that allows for six feet of distance between unaffiliated parties. In early August, a new season ticket plan for 2020 will be introduced to existing season ticket members first. Access to tickets will be based on a variety of factors including account tenure. Based on demand, some single-game tickets may become available to the general public at a later date.

· Attendance at Jaguars games in 2020 will have no effect on existing season ticket member status. Regardless of your decision to attend Jaguars games in 2020, your account tenure will remain intact. All 2020 seat locations will be protected and offered for renewal in 2021.

The Jaguars and our stadium partners are also evaluating all aspects of our game day experience to ensure it is both safe and enjoyable for our fans. Additional protocols, including parking and entry procedures, are still being developed and will be communicated prior to the start of the season, but will include the following:

· Guests planning to attend games in 2020 will be required to wear face coverings as required by current guidelines.

· TIAA Bank Field will transition to cashless payment for most exchanges including merchandise and food purchases. _

· Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the stadium along with increased directional signage to encourage social distancing.

In the coming weeks, you will receive instructions on how to purchase 2020 season tickets under the revised plan. We will continue to provide you with timely updates that allow you to make an informed decision. _

In the meantime, please reach out to a Jaguars account representative or by calling the ticket office at 904-633-2000 or email ticketing@jaguars.com if you have any questions or concerns.

They are mainly addressing things  to their season ticket holders.  It does not say so, but I suspect any tailgaiting would be disallowed,  and only a few single game tickets will be sold.

So, can we make an assumption that any  JAX  game tailgate is pretty much OFF? 

On 5/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, ATOM said:

really weird at first walking to the bar at 8:30 to 9 to get a good table but it was fun hanging with The Browns Backers 

I love that.  Breakfast Burrito and the Browns.  A wonderful combination.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:12 PM, ballpeen said:

I love that.  Breakfast Burrito and the Browns.  A wonderful combination.

I wonder if it will happen this year last cj mccullum from the Trail Blazers was there

OK guys, this is the evening of  August 29th about 10:00 pm.   See this:

Week Date Opponent Time TV Tickets
1 Sept. 13 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
2 Sept. 17 (Thurs.) Cincinnati Bengals 8:20 p.m. NFLN Tickets

In a couple of hours, these games will be just  14  and 18 days away.  

But...I will be traveling both dates.  I will be  heading to Lake George NY for the first game, and on to Ithaca NY for the Thursday nighter. 

Needless to say,  the game will shortly be afoot.

But, for some reason I detect a subdued attitude around here.

Rona Blues?  Injury concerns?   Or, just 30 years of depressing results come home to roost? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But, for some reason I detect a subdued attitude around here.

Rona Blues?  Injury concerns?   Or, just 30 years of depressing results come home to roost? 

Normally I'm one of the most active people on this board (for better or worse, haha) and I'm definitely feeling "off" this year. I'm beyond devastated for Delpit and Mack, and I honestly think we're in deep shit week 1 with playing the damn Ravens. It was pretty much the worst draw we could have gotten. They know exactly what they want to do, how to do it, and this same team basically won 12 in a row in the regular season. That's bonkers. 

What else am I concerned about? Baker Mayfield. I wish I felt confident about him, but I find myself still wondering about him. I read that he's still throwing high this camp. That scares me to death. Why is Myles always banged up? Is Jarvis really ready? How healthy is our secondary? Why do our linebackers look like the football version of "Major League"? Why did we draft a RT in the first round with the expectation of him starting at LT week 1? Did WE REALLY lose Schobert over a few million? 

I dunno, this season is obviously strange, and my heart is broken for our fans. No training camp, no games, no tailgating. I just want a season...whatever it looks like. And I want to freaking win more than we lose. I don't trust our QB just yet, and I want more than anything for him to come out and take this job. I am tired of QB crap in Cleveland...I want our guy, our 15 year guy, and we might have him...but we might not. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 3:03 PM, The Gipper said:

Update on the Potential  Jaguars away game possible tailgate.  Here is from Jags website:

The Jaguars provided the update below to season ticket members this morning regarding the 2020 season.

The health and safety of the entire Jaguars family, including our fans, remains our highest priority. Alongside our stadium partners and national and local healthcare experts, we have and will continue to work diligently to develop new protocols to ensure our team can return to the field with a clear focus on winning and our fans can return to the stadium with peace of mind.

It was our sincere hope to welcome a capacity crowd to TIAA Bank Field this fall and celebrate together with the First Coast community. However, with the health and well-being of everyone in mind, the Jaguars anticipate reducing capacity this season. In compliance with state and local authorities and following CDC social distancing guidelines, TIAA Bank Field will be able to seat approximately 25 percent of its capacity at each Jaguars home game in 2020. Once the season begins, any future increase in capacity will depend on developments on the health and safety front.

As a ticket holder, here is what you need to know regarding tickets in 2020:

· All season tickets will be returned, and funds paid to date will be credited to accounts. Any payments scheduled for July have been canceled. Season ticket members will have the opportunity to apply credited funds towards the purchase of tickets this season or in 2021.

· Full cash refunds will also be made available upon request. _

· The Jaguars are working with Ticketmaster to develop a new seating chart that allows for six feet of distance between unaffiliated parties. In early August, a new season ticket plan for 2020 will be introduced to existing season ticket members first. Access to tickets will be based on a variety of factors including account tenure. Based on demand, some single-game tickets may become available to the general public at a later date.

· Attendance at Jaguars games in 2020 will have no effect on existing season ticket member status. Regardless of your decision to attend Jaguars games in 2020, your account tenure will remain intact. All 2020 seat locations will be protected and offered for renewal in 2021.

The Jaguars and our stadium partners are also evaluating all aspects of our game day experience to ensure it is both safe and enjoyable for our fans. Additional protocols, including parking and entry procedures, are still being developed and will be communicated prior to the start of the season, but will include the following:

· Guests planning to attend games in 2020 will be required to wear face coverings as required by current guidelines.

· TIAA Bank Field will transition to cashless payment for most exchanges including merchandise and food purchases. _

· Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the stadium along with increased directional signage to encourage social distancing.

In the coming weeks, you will receive instructions on how to purchase 2020 season tickets under the revised plan. We will continue to provide you with timely updates that allow you to make an informed decision. _

In the meantime, please reach out to a Jaguars account representative or by calling the ticket office at 904-633-2000 or email ticketing@jaguars.com if you have any questions or concerns.

They are mainly addressing things  to their season ticket holders.  It does not say so, but I suspect any tailgaiting would be disallowed,  and only a few single game tickets will be sold.

So, can we make an assumption that any  JAX  game tailgate is pretty much OFF? 

Sorry to quote my own post.

But.......if it were not for the goddamned virus.....  imagine what kind of enthusiasm there would have been around here for a road trip tailgate to Jacksonville this week!!. 

I assume with the surge that this is still a No Go. 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sorry to quote my own post.

But.......if it were not for the goddamned virus.....  imagine what kind of enthusiasm there would have been around here for a road trip tailgate to Jacksonville this week!!. 

I assume with the surge that this is still a No Go. 

I was thinking about the same thing this week... wondering why enthusiasm from Browns fans seems muted despite a 6-3 record.

I think most of it is the black cloud that is Covid, and I think a little of it is the fact that the Browns got their doors blown off when they played Baltimore and Pittsburgh. 

This may be indicative of what a somewhat rinky dink organization the Jags are.   I went to their site to look at info about their stadium capacity/ticket situations.....and all they wanted to do was to have me download a mobile app to access that info.

But...I am on my desktop, and I have no interest in their damned mobile ticket app.....just on the info I was looking for:

https://www.jaguars.com/stadium/

Edit:   I guess I looked in the wrong place,  here is that info:

https://www.jaguars.com/stadium/limitedcapacity